Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 15, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2018
Really enjoyed this 2nd episode, I was expecting to stop watching here but I actually got surprised with how enjoyable this one was.

So, seems like new characters will get introduced from now on, hopefully it doesn't take the screentime of Kou and Nazuna together.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 15, 2022 7:39 AM

Jan 2018
Visuals still stand out. The chemistry between them is alright. But thank goodness, a new character was introduced. Progress will soon be made.
Jul 15, 2022 7:46 AM
Oct 2021
It ended on a bombshell!
Jul 15, 2022 8:03 AM
Jan 2021
I am betting that I wasn't the only one who couldn't resist dancing to the ED.

This show's songs are jammers.
Jul 15, 2022 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
Confirmed no NTR for Ko folks, unless you venture into an other realm of entertainment that starts with the D, Nazuna is really fun to hang with and is pretty much a type of vampire that enjoys the night life and have no harm having fun with others. And this episode proves it along with other things. Oh btw that crazy and insane ED gave me that idea but anywho---

Yamori now has a proper comms with Nana with those transciever, which I've honestly never heard of, but ay I'm in the same boat as him, not knowing what those big cellular phone baddies are is such an evidence that I'm old....yeah let's put those phones to rest.

And with that we get the first taste of dawn in this anime (aside from the flashbacks), and the first new character! What does Akira bring to this call of the night I wonder.
Jul 15, 2022 8:35 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Off-topic/spam posts have been removed.
Jul 15, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
She talks a-lot about copulation and then during the Ending Sequence you see her bathing in a red Bathtub which is really bubbly and white.

Either its intended or it isn't and I'm dirty minded... or actually it could be both.
removed-userJul 15, 2022 8:52 AM
Jul 15, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2020
im not planning to watch this at first but after looking at the rating i give it a watch and i dont regret it AT ALL. i like this anime. nazuna is so cute ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 15, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 2020
iammacskyrunner said:
Softhenic03 said:
Hey dude mind your manners, you don’t go calling best girls slutty. Also Nazuna herself being a vampire and don’t know how many years old, she’s really too damn bashful lol, like getting red just after the mere mention of word “love”, won’t lie it was kinda cute. And again these backgrounds, really a sight for these eyes.

Playing with Walkie-talkie watches, this does bring some memories back lmao. Another serene episode. Also god music in this series, really the best this season.

Calling her Nazuna-chan… now again who was calling him a wimp.
they ruined Nazuna’s character and the whole anime, there’s a reason he calls her that but sadly they turned the romcom into a regular nothin special romance, and they literally changed almost ALL the dialogue. Like when she grabs the huge phone she says “I like em big ๐Ÿ˜” when she said in the anime she likes sucking blood, the TRUE words in the manga is “I could suck your d***” which she says SOOOO many times, and she calls him “lewd boy” mostly not just “boy” and she full on talks about having sex instead of “copulation.” Also she doesn’t get anger flustered like that, she usually twists it around to say something horny again, and she enjoys the mess out of him calling her a slut, it makes her laugh and she gets more horny after on purpose. This anime was a flop. If you want to understand meaning behind what the director censored when he changed the series to be “edgy and baddass” when it was supposed to be funny, light hearted, perverted, and she was super out there, read the manga, there’s a reason all manga readers are pissed.
First off, I think those lines that you're referencing in the manga were just put in there by the scanlation team that you're reading from, because I don't remember those at all (and I read it both online and own physical copies).

Second...what pissed manga readers? lmao? Literally every manga reader for this series that I know have all been beyond impressed with what the anime has done so far (myself included). Who are you talking about?
Jul 15, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2020
traed said:
Too bad the show has pretty short episodes. The OP and ED are noticeably long feeling. How much is the actual show? Like 17 minutes? Or does the show’s episodes just feel short?

Nazuna has pretty fun a personality. Can’t say I dislike her sexual humour.

Feels a little odd seeing Nazuna bitting neck and Kou doesn’t try to hold her during then even though he’s trying to get closer emotionally to her. Though maybe he’s just not used to it yet.
They just feel incredibly short, the episodes are like 20-21 minutes in total, standard anime airing time. Time flies when you're having fun.
Jul 15, 2022 9:19 AM

Jan 2021
Man this episode has been great. I really enjoy the jokes, conversations, and the overall chemistry between Yamori and Nanakusa. It will be interesting to see how their overall relationship progresses down the line. I hope they won't drag their relationship as being "friends" on for the entire season and we see more "intimate" moments.

It will be interesting to see this new character that was introduced at the end of the episodes. She was already given an interesting back story with the fact that she appears to have the other transmitter that Kou lost. She also looks to have also been roaming the streets in the night like Kou does because it was 4:22 am in the morning. She was also wearing a school uniform which could give some hints about their previous relationship.

The soundtracks have been very enjoyable. I have been listening to the entirety to them and even singing along some parts :)) You could definitely count me adding "Creepy Nuts" (the band behind the songs) to my playlists. Very excited for some of the newer episodes.

- gorg
Jul 15, 2022 10:52 AM

Jan 2020
Visuals stunning, relaxing. Heartwarming and suggestive. I love this pair.
Jul 15, 2022 11:12 AM
Feb 2022
The art style, design, and music just give off such a chill and aesthetic vibe. It makes it so relaxing and enjoying to watch
Jul 15, 2022 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
Guess it'll take some time to get used to that sudden pause in the OP. I keep getting fooled thinking that the anime has started but the song starts playing again.

This anime is kinda giving me mekakucity actors vibes.

Nazuna is starting to become likeable. It's cute when she gets embarrassed like that XD

A new character is here and this person seems to know our friendless MC. Curious to know what will happen in the next episode.
Jul 15, 2022 11:37 AM
Dec 2021
thedryness said:
Most of all though, Even though they aren't "dating" in the traditional sense, its So incredibly refreshing having an anime romance where it dives right into them figuring their relationship out instead languishing in will-they-won't-they forever and finally holding hands after 3 seasons.

Yeah, Definitely.
Jul 15, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2021
The 420 in the watch at the end killed me.
Arent drugs in Japan are handled very strictly? How can it be that so many animes have cannabis allusions
Jul 15, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
Darthcurry21 said:
Arent drugs in Japan are handled very strictly? How can it be that so many animes have cannabis allusions

because weed has worldwide love.
Jul 15, 2022 12:00 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yamori was looking for Nazuna and because she doesn't have a decent phone he decides to use a transceiver to communicate with her
Jul 15, 2022 12:30 PM

Mar 2022
Darthcurry21 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D Also, did she just tried to bum a line off a school boy? LOL
(atleast translation allures to this :D )

I swear this show was born when the author had insomnia one night, went out and met
some veteran party girl on her way home, got invited to afterparty, smoked something with her at her house and when he was triping balls thought "wait, what if she is a vampire and is trying to suck my blood? cool!"
Maybe I'm a bit too familiar with people that act like her, IDK :D :D

Also, the MC was substantialy better in this episode, defnitely not "one of those". Their communication is actually refreshinly straight forward. I kind of expected she was going to "broke him out of his shell", but as it stands its not like that, thankfuly
Jul 15, 2022 1:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nazuna be taking quite the decent-sized sample of Kou's blood every night it seems, and who knows how much exactly. I hope the guy doesn't pass out one day from excessive blood loss

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 15, 2022 1:28 PM
Dec 2021
Ryiebe said:
miblan said:

Exactly. It's just a shame that it also shoo's away viewers that don't like those kind of shots :/
I have a friend who's immediately put off by stuff like this, immediately drops it and points at me saying "I KNEW IT WAS JUST ANOTHER WEIRD ECCHI THING ABOUT MINORS" ._.
Perfect.

A show that filters entirely on it's own is perfect.

Honestly, who are all these boring people who complain about fanservice? Some people are so self-entitled, they think everything in the world should be dull and bland to suit their dull, bland tastes. God forbid a love story about vampires be "sexy"
Jul 15, 2022 2:28 PM

Jul 2017
I just... love this anime.

The backgrounds are awsome, the characters are awsome, the OST is perfect.

11/10
Jul 15, 2022 2:45 PM

Jun 2019
Hmm....not really for me so far.

I haven't actually added it to my list of actual series being watched yet as I usually don't when trying a new show completely out of the blue until after watching a few episodes and deciding whether I'm going to continue with it or not. I'll probably give this one until the third episode, so one more episode.

Visually it's nice of course - especially in the first episode there were many aesthetically pleasing movements - even in small and minor transitional scenes like that elevator scene of a few seconds and other small beats.

But the problem for me is the plot and specifically how the plot is/isn't fleshed out in terms of writing of the plot and of the dialogue.

So you can have exemplary art, direction, and everything else, but for me the level of interest and enthusiasm I'll have for a series always hinges on the writing.

It's not really "bad" at all either, but I just don't desire to watch a bunch of shows I pretty much can sense out of the gate I'll end up rating a 5 or 6/10. Have to be at least a tad selective.
WatchTillTandavaJul 15, 2022 2:53 PM
Jul 15, 2022 6:19 PM

May 2012
This would be so cute if he wasn't a little boy.

I feel like that's said too much in anime.
Jul 15, 2022 7:57 PM

Feb 2021
This anime so far has only been about boy wandering around late at night, but it's somehow good. Great episode, I really enjoyed it.

A couple of questions:

1) Can Nazuna fly or does she just jump really high?
2) What year is this set in? I thought it's some time recently until the boy pulls out his phone.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 2022 7:59 PM

Feb 2021
J_Tea said:
She talks a-lot about copulation and then during the Ending Sequence you see her bathing in a red Bathtub which is really bubbly and white.

Either its intended or it isn't and I'm dirty minded... or actually it could be both.
Nazuna blushes whenever the topic about pure love comes up. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if she turns out to be a virgin.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 2022 8:32 PM

Mar 2019
Love her....

Nanakusa is clearly a mix of Hotaru and Saya...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 15, 2022 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
I did not care for Dagashi Kashi at all but damn, this is great so far. I just hope it doesn't falter when other characters are introduced.
Jul 15, 2022 9:40 PM

Dec 2020
ahhh its so nice seeing them animated!!! i cant get over the op and ed?? literally the best ive heard in so long.
Jul 15, 2022 9:48 PM

Apr 2022
This is the fastest I've ever dropped something.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 15, 2022 11:36 PM

May 2019
After 2 episodes I'm finding this to be a unique anime that I'm enjoying. Really like the aesthetics and colors, plus the way the characters are drawn, especially Nazuna. This is definitely a romance-genre anime and it was cute seeing Nazuna blush when Kou exposed his neck outside and also when the topic of love came up.

I thought the new girl at the end was the girl from school that he rejected but maybe not? Either way I'm definitely interested to see where this goes. ๐Ÿ‘
Jul 15, 2022 11:45 PM
May 2021
Nice episode they even introduce new girl in the end of the episodes.
Jul 16, 2022 1:13 AM

Oct 2017
Oh boy he got found, who's that though?
Jul 16, 2022 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
MegamiRem said:
Oh boy he got found, who's that though?

I assume it’s who had found the walkie talkie wrist watch thing who he never spoke to back then.
Jul 16, 2022 7:09 AM
Jan 2022
To have the vampire girl as my pfp, that means I really enjoy this anime.
Jul 16, 2022 7:27 AM

Jul 2021
Loving the vibe, the aesthetics, the characters, the soundtrack. Only thing that is missing at this point is a solid plot. Not much happens in this second episode.
Jul 16, 2022 8:12 AM

Feb 2020
LoveScope said:
+1, Maybe not the fastest but I have similar vibes here, I guess that some of titles are just specyfic like that with lack of action...
Jul 16, 2022 9:39 AM

Sep 2020
The visuals are just so cool and stylish to look at, I also really like how they interacted with each other.
Jul 16, 2022 10:02 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi wants to copulate Another transceiver hearrd from
Jul 16, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2015
This is one HELLUVA show, lemme tell you. It's not Earth shaking, or something BRAND NEW to the genre of Anime, but goddamnit this Show is GORGEOUS! I catch myself taking so many sceenshots; Hell, in episode #1, towards the end, with both Nazuna and Kou in the air, that was an absolute Anime screenshot deserving of becoming my PC's background.

I REALLY need to figure out who is the one behind these backgrounds. It's truly rare to find backgrounds in Anime that are THIS beautiful, that aren't from big budget Anime films and the like. ๐Ÿ˜
๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ž๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ผ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ.

"โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•– ๐•’ ๐”พ๐• ๐• ๐•• ๐”ป๐•’๐•ช!" - ๐•‚๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•™๐•๐•–; ๐•ƒ๐”ธ ๐”น๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ
Jul 16, 2022 4:33 PM

Apr 2022
Piorunixst said:
LoveScope said:
+1, Maybe not the fastest but I have similar vibes here, I guess that some of titles are just specyfic like that with lack of action...

It feels worse than the manga which itself isn't very good. I just wanted something I can watch with my brain turned off but this is just too bland. The music is also not for me so that doesn't help.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Koito91Jul 18, 2022 1:03 PM
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 17, 2022 5:29 AM

Jul 2014
The soundtrack is pretty nice, and also for anyone wondering why it has SHAFT vibes - the director of Call of the Night worked on Monogatari and Madoka Magica.

It's pretty good so far, I'm intrigued what other eccentric characters we will meet.

Also, speaking of ecchi in here - I can't take it seriously, for me it feels like an absurd joke. Especially that point is brought home with ED, which has a lemon spinning on the vinyl. It was hilarious.

Esp when main character herself sees sexy things as a joke.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Jul 18, 2022 1:04 PM
Jul 17, 2022 7:31 AM

Nov 2019
I'm too drowsy to respond to Call of The Night. Must go to bed. / Blatant conformation to otaku culture.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 17, 2022 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
I think the art direction and music is amazing, but there's just too little happening to keep my attention
Jul 17, 2022 10:29 AM
May 2018
Suitedup said:
I think the art direction and music is amazing, but there's just too little happening to keep my attention
agreed, the fact that the manga isn't finished likely means that we will see no progression in story or in the character's relationship. I cant see myself finishing this season.
Jul 17, 2022 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
So here´s my question. Is this a SoL or there is an actual plot? Because dialogue aside it feels like nothing happens.
Jul 17, 2022 1:59 PM
Oct 2019
Pakumen- said:
So here´s my question. Is this a SoL or there is an actual plot? Because dialogue aside it feels like nothing happens.

the beginning is slow, practically all this season is to introduce the characters and their interactions with some good and interesting little moments, it is a SoL that after becomes more interesting and more solid as the chapters progress telling an interesting story, what I can to tell you is that it is not a story that will change or blow up your mind, most people who have read the manga would give it a 7/10 or 7.5/10, for my part I give it a 9/10
Jul 17, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
OK episode. Awful pacing. They tried out the walkie talkie watch and a new character shows up. No other progress whatsoever.
Jul 17, 2022 2:21 PM
Jun 2020
Ryiebe said:
iammacskyrunner said:
they ruined Nazuna’s character and the whole anime, there’s a reason he calls her that but sadly they turned the romcom into a regular nothin special romance, and they literally changed almost ALL the dialogue. Like when she grabs the huge phone she says “I like em big ๐Ÿ˜” when she said in the anime she likes sucking blood, the TRUE words in the manga is “I could suck your d***” which she says SOOOO many times, and she calls him “lewd boy” mostly not just “boy” and she full on talks about having sex instead of “copulation.” Also she doesn’t get anger flustered like that, she usually twists it around to say something horny again, and she enjoys the mess out of him calling her a slut, it makes her laugh and she gets more horny after on purpose. This anime was a flop. If you want to understand meaning behind what the director censored when he changed the series to be “edgy and baddass” when it was supposed to be funny, light hearted, perverted, and she was super out there, read the manga, there’s a reason all manga readers are pissed.
First off, I think those lines that you're referencing in the manga were just put in there by the scanlation team that you're reading from, because I don't remember those at all (and I read it both online and own physical copies).

Second...what pissed manga readers? lmao? Literally every manga reader for this series that I know have all been beyond impressed with what the anime has done so far (myself included). Who are you talking about?
every manga reader I’ve seen has been pissed, at least those who had it as their favorite manga and remembers all the lines I spoke of, and those lines were there intentionally because it was a comedy, I even went back and reread it when I knew the anime was off, and realized my gut was right. The characters don’t feel even close to who they are in the manga, it was depressing af because this was the seasonal I was most hyped for.
Jul 17, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
iammacskyrunner said:
Ryiebe said:

every manga reader I’ve seen has been pissed, at least those who had it as their favorite manga and remembers all the lines I spoke of, and those lines were there intentionally because it was a comedy, I even went back and reread it when I knew the anime was off, and realized my gut was right. The characters don’t feel even close to who they are in the manga, it was depressing af because this was the seasonal I was most hyped for.
Again, I have no idea what you're talking about. Every manga reader I know loves it, and they've been reading for years, myself included. Some have even been keeping up with it since its inception. The layouts are great, the atmosphere is captured wonderfully, the music is superb, the characters are (for the most part) always on model, the banter between Nazuna and Kou is wonderful, I literally cannot find a single thing that someone who is dedicated to this series would not be pleased with in the anime. Even going back to the beginning of the manga and comparing it to the anime, the dialogue isn't even all that different, the official TLs and the subs for the series are practically 1:1. Any "major changes" are actually just the original scanlation groups taking liberties with the manga in the beginning.

So either your "manga reader" friends are nitpicky as hell, or they're just straight up full of shit.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» MCโ€™s Age??

sekaistar - 11 hours ago

26 by Piromysl »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

383 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 4:59 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.