Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2022 12:12 PM
Dec 2019
Nice transition. Ed got me dancin, gawd damn lol
Jul 7, 2022 12:12 PM

Jan 2020
That was some OP.

Picked this up mostly because I've suffered from insomnia for a good part of my life. I like the atmosphere so far, and even though not much happened, I'm hoping to see some highlights of the nightlife. Though, I'm worried the allure of the night will be lost on this cherry MC.

Also, I am a bit disappointed MC didn't become a vampire out of the gate. But, I suppose it's not like there is a huge rush. I guess we'll see what happens.

That was some ED too.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 7, 2022 12:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Best show of the season right here with Nazuna as best girl. As a person who is dealing with insomnia, I can relate to Kou in not being able to sleep due to stress from day to day life and since the pandemic my sleep schedule has been all over the place. Staying up late isn't so bad when you have nothing planned the next day. Kou's chance encounter with Nazuna who happens to be a vampire who feeds on the blood of people who are fast asleep. After spending some time with Nazuna, Kou decides that he wants to become a vampire, but Nazuna is hesitant to do this since the only way for a human to become a vampire is to fall in love with one.

Thus begins Kou's journey of becoming one with the night with Nazuna to become a whole new person. I really like the OST done by Creepy Nuts as both the OP and ED are true bangers for Summer 2022.
Jul 7, 2022 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
Stunning first episode. I'm not sure if the night colors are figurative or not, but either way they really capture the essence of "the night."

Nazuna is so fine, can't wait for next week.
Jul 7, 2022 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
Amazing first episode from start to finish. Honestly I could not find one fault with this episode at all. Strong contender for AOTS
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 7, 2022 12:24 PM

Feb 2009
You can definitely tell this is from the Monogatari director.
Jul 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Aug 2020
Blood is Dagashi.

Nice opening and ending. They fit the idea of the series. Let's see if Kou will heal his insomnia, with Nazuna's support. This will be fun.

Art is on point, it was more faithful than Dagashi Kashi. By the way, I'd love a third season, following Yofukashi no Uta's success.

Jul 7, 2022 12:40 PM
Mar 2021
Remember kids, if a hot girl asks you to come back to her place late at night, you do it.
Jul 7, 2022 12:41 PM
Mar 2021
Now that the first episode is out it reminds me of Monogatari
Jul 7, 2022 12:55 PM
Apr 2016
kriissyy12 said:
Remember kids, if a hot girl asks you to come back to her place late at night, you do it.

and you don t pretend to sleep
Jul 7, 2022 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
potato guy with the personality of a brick meets quirky magical vampire fanservice girlfriend with a particularly stylish over the top yet also inscrutable opening sequence, and twenty episodes later, somehow becomes vampire Dragonball harem. But we can leave aside that last part for now, maybe even forever depending on what this chooses to adapt. Maybe this is just what Moon Phase would be if it was made today. The gothloli style is out of fashion, and now it's… trenchcoats and sports bras? I think the comparison may have broken down.

Also like Moon Phase though, it's not the most engaging first episode. There are a number of directing gimmicks that it uses to keep things a little spicy, and it's well enough animated, but it's putting a lot of eggs into the characters and dialogue when neither are all that strong. She's a magical girlfriend dropped into his lap. He's a wooden post that can barely entertain a single thought at a time. They talk for twenty minutes, one or both occasionally morphing into either a blob face or hyper sexualized depending on whether the scene is supposed to be a joke or give you a boner.

Jul 7, 2022 12:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the night's flashy colors are really carrying all, that was beautiful, the rest of the story seems somewhat classic even though I like that it takes place a night, now it's up to how the vampire's aspect will be developed later but we'll just wait for MC to fall in love with her then xD
Jul 7, 2022 1:12 PM

May 2016
Finally a main character girl with small boobs 🙌
It will be an interesting anime 😌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
Real great animation, me likely
Jul 7, 2022 1:19 PM

Mar 2019
4 minutes watching this show and I was already wishing they would kill the fucking mc
Jul 7, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2020
well it looks certainly looks cool but content-wise the first episode was pretty bland and awkward. MC has about as much personality as you'd expect from a shounen romance and I'm not very sold on the manic vampire dream girl either. though the "alternate universe where light pollution doesn't exist" aesthetic is cool enough for me to keep watching and see where it goes

Mar 2019
LoliSenpai0x said:
Finally a main character girl with small boobs 🙌
It will be an interesting anime 😌

there are many animes where the girl has small breasts, for example any shoujo, that is not an achievement
Apr 2022
nightcrawlercyp said:
So is this a bad Monogatari clone... seems meh so far... will give it two more eps

Nothing like monogatari lol, and it definitely wasn't bad 😂
Jul 7, 2022 1:22 PM

Feb 2021
Yess this is exactly how I pictured it would be. Really impressed with the athmosphere/background.

When the ED played I got goosebumps. I've been waiting for this anime for more than half a year. Huge fan of the manga.
Expect both a wholesome and hilarious bunch of episodes this summer :) The whole cast is extremely likeable as well.

Not a big fan of the Nazuna-bodyshots though. Makes it seem like an ecchi/fanservice-heavy show, wich it isn't... at all
miblanJul 7, 2022 1:31 PM

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jul 7, 2022 1:24 PM
Apr 2022
G0ldStark said:
4 minutes watching this show and I was already wishing they would kill the fucking mc

Why lol? He is one of the best current shonen jump mcs 😂
Jul 7, 2022 1:27 PM

Feb 2021
G0ldStark said:

He gets better. It is still a first episode. Call of the Night itself isn't very story-driven, it's more a "every night another adventure" -kind of show.
The plot gets pretty interesting along the line; but the first episodes just kinda grow Nazuna and Ko's relation and personality.

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jul 7, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2016
God damn. They made that girl look as sexy as possible having the camera on her waist and hips etc.

Also, good show same with many others so far this season. thank god since we needed a good season since last was so bad..... For some reason this gave me a monogatari vibe. which is good.
Jul 7, 2022 1:47 PM
Aug 2017
The fact that this series is directed by someone who worked on almost every Monogatari title that ever existed, which I loved so much, the anime itself isn't made by studio Shaft. I have to say it makes me slightly uncomfortable, like, it feels like a crime, but that's probably just me.

I can clearly say that this is an okay adaptation of one of my favorite manga. A faithful adaptation I may say, but that's about it. I wonder how would it look like if this banger was made by studio Shaft instead.

Also Kou sounds different than what I had imagined, but eh, I guess it will grow on me. I sure hope it will.
Jul 7, 2022 2:16 PM

May 2018
Looks nice but it's quite boring for me.
That other show at least had dagashi trivia and stuff...not to mention Hotaru > Nazuna.
Jul 7, 2022 2:17 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm think I dropped the manga of this due to lack of interest for the plot.. I am going to see if I will keep watching.

Nice backgrounds! Wacky and meme like opening.
Jul 7, 2022 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
Superb visuals!

Nazuna seems like the best girl of the season.
Jul 7, 2022 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
I feel that Kokonotsu is not the only one who is going to fall in love with Nazuna. I for one already love her, she's great! And I love Sora Amamiya's performance voicing her.

OP and ED themes are awesome.

One of my favorite premieres of the season, excited for more.
Jul 7, 2022 2:25 PM
Apr 2022
I haven't read the manga so I dunno how accurately they adapted it, but I thought it was rly good! I loved the opening and I can't wait to see more of Nazuna :)
what do i put here,, no rly im not creative ; - ;
Jul 7, 2022 2:27 PM
Mar 2021
This kid is so trusting
Jul 7, 2022 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
omersnoodles said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
So is this a bad Monogatari clone... seems meh so far... will give it two more eps

that doesn't even make sense lmao, the only similarities between this and monogatari are that one of the characters is a vampire (not even the mc💀) and the direction was kinda shaft-y. does that make every show that has a vampire character in it a monogatari clone?

Well, it was kinda shaft cause the director worked on monogotari lol. Addressing the other guys point, It's a bit unfair to call it a clone when it's a style the director used elsewhere
Jul 7, 2022 2:33 PM

Feb 2017
Lol is so funny how ALMOST every "hate" kind of comment is from a user with a pfp of a really old anime character.
I don't want to judge them but it kind of reeks of elitism.
Jul 7, 2022 2:35 PM

May 2011
Feeling Dagashi art when watch, and that was right..
1st impression is mostly good, nice animation, art, and that close-up scene so.. uuugh.. magnificent!
..but sometimes the scene isn't "flowing" right, or its just my imagination?

Anyways, time to enjoy the night!
Jul 7, 2022 2:40 PM

Nov 2018
Wow I really enjoyed that. Perhaps I judged Tomoyuki Itamura too harshly after how little I cared for Vanitas. It feels like he got a lot more creative freedom this time around, which is shocking considering it's LIDEN. Speaking of LIDEN, this somehow looked gorgeous. I guess if they are given the right staff and enough time, they can actually make something good looking. At it's core this show isn't anything that special, but the engaging directing, and great background art and music make it stand out. Also the op was pretty cool.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Jul 7, 2022 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
Gorgeous all around. The BG art is incredible. The OST is already noticeable and great. The two main characters are interesting and have a good dynamic. The OP/ED are bangers. This'll be good.
Jul 7, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2010
Expectations subverted.

Wasn't expecting much of anything from this, maybe just another failed vampire project, and my lukewarm approach held true... at least until the two leads actually met and things got a little weird in the best ways.

The awkward way she tried to shift the blame to a really big mosquito, his deadpan response, her equally deadpan 'No dice?' Good for a solid laugh, and things only went up from there. The last half was thoroughly enjoyable, and it's going to end up one of my favs if they keep that up.

My only eeeeeeeh factor is the pretty gray question regarding his age and hers, but at this point there's not enough info or activity for the squick to kick in.

I'll be looking forward to more.
Jul 7, 2022 3:06 PM

Oct 2018
This is one of the most beautiful anime I have seen in a long time. Also, everything about Nazuma, from her character design and VA to the animation attention is perfect. I think I found my waifu of the season already.
Jul 7, 2022 3:20 PM
Apr 2022
What an amazing first episode.
Glad i stumbled into this anime.
Jul 7, 2022 3:24 PM

Mar 2020
That's a great 1st episode! I love the camera angles, animation, the sky is beautiful and Nanakusa-chan is adorable when she's embarrassed. Oh she's voice by Amamiya-san!!

The OP song by Creepy Nuts is so catchy. Arigato Creepy Nuts!!! Also the visuals are amazing too.

It will be an amazing summer!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 7, 2022 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
loving the vibe of it
really lookin forward to more episodes
Jul 7, 2022 3:32 PM
Jun 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

As someone who loves monogatari and has being reading the whole manga since the start

This have a total of zero similitudes with monogatari series.
The only thing you can really say it's "similar" is he's a friend of a vampire.

Monogatari didn't create the vampire-human relationships
Jul 7, 2022 3:32 PM
Jan 2022
I LOVE THE OPENING TO THIS ANIME, It's up there with Ya boy kongming as one of my favourite openings, I love how she just walks up to wasted people and like "yo homies give me five", meanwhile Kou tries to do that and homie barfed on him also Nazuna's nails

Best line of the episode definitely was: "You mean you like boys? Nice, I approve"

From now on I am going to refer to sex as copulation just to confuse people

I feel this is going to be anime of the season for me atleast... and Nazuna best gir/waifu for the season, again atleast for me
Jul 7, 2022 3:33 PM

Aug 2021
That was a fun first episode. Really pretty visuals. Interested to see where this goes
Jul 7, 2022 3:35 PM
Jun 2022
The first episode lived up to my every expectation, I hope this series garners the attention it deserves to keep it going. It would be awesome to see the newest chapters make it into the anime.
Jul 7, 2022 3:43 PM
Jan 2021
that OP is such a bop, cant stop vibing to it. for a first episode this is absolutely great, the visuals are eye catching.

cant wait for next episode!!
Jul 7, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
They were trying but Nazuna's body got nothing on Vermeil.

Fine start nonetheless, gave me slight Kyokou Suiri vibes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2022 3:55 PM

May 2021
The concept is pretty cracked as it can venture in many ways, I hope that this develop interestingly, the direction is as expected and the few jokes were delivered correctly, which is promising

Jul 7, 2022 3:58 PM

Jan 2021
The animation and visuals were really good the soundtracks were also good

Jul 7, 2022 4:04 PM
Jun 2021
I like the detail when they're in the elevator, you see his reflection in the mirror behind them but not hers

Feb 2013
That was an amazing first episode. I just hope it stays entertaining. I also hope it will be more of a continuous series rather than an episodic one.

Dec 2013
I don't get it, So was he bullied out of school or just confronted and he ran away, this author's girl are always on point but ehhh, I don't know what to think about the MC.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

33 by sekaistar »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.