Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2022 6:05 PM
May 2021
I rewatched this series for the 3rd time recently with a group of friends and its left me speechless every time. Those last 2 episodes are masterpiece material IMO. If Death Parade is on your watchlist, do yourself a favor and go binge it right now lol. Its only 4 hours long and I can guarantee you wont be ready for that ending.
Feb 7, 2022 6:20 PM
Apr 2020
Meh (15 characters)
Feb 7, 2022 6:24 PM
May 2021
PermanentThesis said:
Meh (15 characters)

Why bother saying anything?
Feb 7, 2022 6:27 PM
Apr 2020
SquanchDaddy said:
PermanentThesis said:
Meh (15 characters)

because it's on my list so I got the notification when you made this thread
Feb 7, 2022 6:42 PM

Mar 2011
Great show and incredibly underrated. Its only crime is not being longer. I would absolutely kill for a second season.
Feb 7, 2022 7:03 PM

Jul 2021
I shed buckets of tears from the last like 2 episodes
Feb 7, 2022 8:15 PM
Jun 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
PermanentThesis said:
Meh (15 characters)

its just an opinion, you could’ve also not said anything. in the grand scheme of things, when you start comparing it to other shows, I think its meh aswell. As its own I wasn’t bored, it was good
Feb 7, 2022 8:23 PM
Jun 2021
I’ve rewatched this recently and yeahhhh those last couple of episodes had me in pieces.
This anime is so bloody good and so underrated!!
Feb 7, 2022 8:27 PM
May 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
I rewatched this series for the 3rd time recently with a group of friends and its left me speechless every time. Those last 2 episodes are masterpiece material IMO. If Death Parade is on your watchlist, do yourself a favor and go binge it right now lol. Its only 4 hours long and I can guarantee you wont be ready for that ending.
I think episode 10 is probably best.
Feb 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Aug 2020
Feb 7, 2022 9:46 PM
May 2021
VilexRoss said:
Stop calling this a masterpiece. Word Masterpiece should not be so casually.

I said the end of the series is masterpiece material. Not the series in its entirety. I literally only have 4 10's in my list out of 135 so thats on you for misunderstanding, mate.
Feb 7, 2022 9:50 PM
May 2021
uhboof said:
SquanchDaddy said:

its just an opinion, you could’ve also not said anything. in the grand scheme of things, when you start comparing it to other shows, I think its meh aswell. As its own I wasn’t bored, it was good

He could've elaborated what he didn't like about it instead of just saying "meh"

cielphantomhiv30 said:
I shed buckets of tears from the last like 2 episodes

Me too lol

Coffeecatspugs said:
I’ve rewatched this recently and yeahhhh those last couple of episodes had me in pieces.

Im glad some people here can relate!!

ickoriss said:
Great show and incredibly underrated. Its only crime is not being longer. I would absolutely kill for a second season.

I hope they make a second season someday as well. Not too hopeful unfortunately considering how long its been though.
Feb 7, 2022 9:54 PM

Aug 2020
SquanchDaddy said:
VilexRoss said:

I said the end of the series is masterpiece material. Not the series in its entirety. I literally only have 4 10's in my list out of 135 so thats on you for misunderstanding, mate.

Ok, it's my fault, I get what you meant.
Feb 7, 2022 9:58 PM
May 2021
VilexRoss said:
SquanchDaddy said:

Ok, it's my fault, I get what you meant.

No worries brother, it happens
Feb 7, 2022 11:43 PM
Apr 2020
Coffeecatspugs said:
it's not underrated. It's #48 in popularity, has a rating of 8.14 and has 1.4m members. It's definitely not underrated
Feb 8, 2022 12:11 AM
Dec 2021
Cause it's a classic
Feb 8, 2022 2:51 AM

Feb 2021
I wouldn't call Death Parade a masterpiece but I did enjoy watching this show. It was a great experience. Although the ending kinda felt underwhelming to me. I loved episodes 8 and 9 though, the ending to episode 9 is one of my favourite episode endings of all time.
Feb 8, 2022 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
I watched Death Parade only once but it was hella freaking good. It touches on the mysterious theme of death and after death experience. I gotta rewatch it someday, for sure.
Feb 8, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2021
PikaboyTK said:
I wouldn't call Death Parade a masterpiece but I did enjoy watching this show. It was a great experience. Although the ending kinda felt underwhelming to me. I loved episodes 8 and 9 though, the ending to episode 9 is one of my favourite episode endings of all time.

Bro that ending is sooo good. I'm curious to hear why you think its underwhelming. I had a best friend who committed suicide in High School and I think this series does a great job depecting how a depressed person would feel given that exact situation (being able to basically hit the reset button). Episode 8 and 9 were great too but 12 is one of my favorite endings of all time
Feb 8, 2022 10:12 AM

Oct 2021
PermanentThesis said:
this series is amazing (15 characters)

β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€
Feb 8, 2022 10:13 AM
May 2021
V3RTIX said:
I watched Death Parade only once but it was hella freaking good. It touches on the mysterious theme of death and after death experience. I gotta rewatch it someday, for sure.

I absolutely love the psychological elements in this series. Really touches up on some great questions regarding life

YukimaruDesu said:
It was pretty great, was not expecting it to make me cry twice. Maybe it's not underrated considering it's MAL rating but rather just not talked about enough since it aired? That's my only theory. Just everyone unanimously was like "that was great" and there wasn't much to discuss. (not that it's boring but rather we understood everything)

I agree with you mate. Everyone i know personally who's seen it loves it. I suppose people have to relate in order to really get hit by that ending though.
Feb 8, 2022 10:14 AM
May 2021
otto-rimuru said:
PermanentThesis said:
this series is amazing (15 characters)

β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€β € γ€€

I see what you did there. Lmfao
Feb 8, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
PikaboyTK said:

Bro that ending is sooo good. I'm curious to hear why you think its underwhelming. I had a best friend who committed suicide in High School and I think this series does a great job depecting how a depressed person would feel given that exact situation (being able to basically hit the reset button). Episode 8 and 9 were great too but 12 is one of my favorite endings of all time

I'm so sorry about your best friend. May they rest in peace.

Personally, I don't have a specific reason for finding the ending underwhelming and by that, I didn't mean that I didn't like the ending. It was a great ending to this show imo, it just wasn't my favourite arc. I liked how Chiyuki's backstory was portrayed, like you said, it does resemble the suffering of depression and how it ultimately pushes one to a wrong decision. Decim's character arc ending with him finally showing emotion is probably the best scene of the show. So all in all, I like the ending, it's just not my favourite ending in the show. That place still goes to Episode 9.
Feb 8, 2022 1:40 PM
Jan 2022
the question still in my mind even after watching 3x: is judgement better with human emotions or without?
Feb 8, 2022 6:04 PM
Apr 2021
Yup just finished it, it was too good
Feb 8, 2022 8:09 PM
Jul 2021
VilexRoss said:

You rated Rosario To Vampire, a anime made to please horny highschoolers, a anime with more than 10 panty shots each episode 9 points and death parade 7. Smh if a anime doesn't have anything to fap in it its not a masterpiece to you clearly.
Feb 8, 2022 11:51 PM
Apr 2021
I’m late to the discussion but the entire skating scene, Chi’s flashbacks of her mom with the book, Decim being able to understand emotion…. I consider it a masterpiece 🀷🏻‍♀️
Feb 9, 2022 12:02 AM

May 2020
uhboof said:
SquanchDaddy said:

its just that your opinions are shit. 7.3 mean score and tokyo revengers in top 3 lol
Feb 9, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2020
SquanchDaddy said:
VilexRoss said:

you have a mean score of ~7... a 10 is worth nothing when to you basically everything is good.
Feb 9, 2022 9:35 AM
May 2021
RudeUnicorn said:
SquanchDaddy said:

you have a mean score of ~7... a 10 is worth nothing when to you basically everything is good.

Bro get over yourself. Most of the series I've watched are scored at 8+ by the community on average. I can tell pretty quickly if ill like a series or not and I don't like watching something I don't like. It's as simple as that. Your baby dick energy is showing
SirSquanchingtonFeb 9, 2022 9:40 AM
Feb 9, 2022 9:38 AM
May 2021
PikaboyTK said:
SquanchDaddy said:

Personally, I don't have a specific reason for finding the ending underwhelming and by that, I didn't mean that I didn't like the ending. It was a great ending to this show imo, it just wasn't my favourite arc. I liked how Chiyuki's backstory was portrayed, like you said, it does resemble the suffering of depression and how it ultimately pushes one to a wrong decision. Decim's character arc ending with him finally showing emotion is probably the best scene of the show. So all in all, I like the ending, it's just not my favourite ending in the show. That place still goes to Episode 9.

I understand where you're coming from! Thanks for explaining :)
Feb 9, 2022 9:47 AM

Feb 2021
RudeUnicorn said:
SquanchDaddy said:

The scoring system is purely subjective. I rate the shows based on my enjoyment level. It shouldn't matter if one's mean score is very high or very low, it's their choice. Saying that someone shouldn't rate a show with a 10 or call it a masterpiece just because you don't like it is a real dick move.
Feb 9, 2022 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
PikaboyTK said:

Thanks for understanding my opinion! It was fun to have a discussion with you.
Feb 9, 2022 9:48 AM
May 2021
PikaboyTK said:
RudeUnicorn said:

The scoring system is purely subjective. I rate the shows based on my enjoyment level. It shouldn't matter if one's mean score is very high or very low, it's their choice. Saying that someone shouldn't rate a show with a 10 or call it a masterpiece just because you don't like it is a real dick move.

I'm saying bro! I wouldn't take this kid too seriously im pretty sure he's 12 years old lmao.
Feb 9, 2022 9:50 AM
May 2021
PikaboyTK said:
SquanchDaddy said:

Thanks for understanding my opinion! It was fun to have a discussion with you.

Absolutely brother!!! Likewise :)
Feb 9, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
PikaboyTK said:

I'm saying bro! I wouldn't take this kid too seriously im pretty sure he's 12 years old lmao.

I know right! Anime communities have become toxic due to the rating systems. The "war" for the 1st position seems so illogical. If only everyone would just watch shows for the motive of enjoyment rather than thinking about the show's ratings.
Feb 9, 2022 10:08 AM
May 2021
PikaboyTK said:
SquanchDaddy said:

I know right! Anime communities have become toxic due to the rating systems. The "war" for the 1st position seems so illogical. If only everyone would just watch shows for the motive of enjoyment rather than thinking about the show's ratings.

I agree 100%. It seems like there's more people trying to shit on others opinions than there is people having civil conversations most of the time. Its really childish. And you'd think with the stigma behind anime people would be more willing to agree to disagree but its pretty uncommon.
Feb 9, 2022 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
SquanchDaddy said:
PikaboyTK said:

I agree 100%. It seems like there's more people trying to shit on others opinions than there is people having civil conversations most of the time. Its really childish. And you'd think with the stigma behind anime people would be more willing to agree to disagree but its pretty uncommon.

True that! Anime forums have just become a place for unhealthy debate and arguments. It's something I have seen a lot happen in popular anime communities, FMAB and AoT to name a few. It's more about the competition rather than discussion. But I do see some good forums pop up from time to time, wherein people actually try to discuss about the show, it's always a breath of fresh air when something like that happens.
Feb 16, 2022 8:02 AM
May 2019
SquanchDaddy said:

After years of putting it on the backburner, I just started it. It's definitely something else 😁
May 25, 2022 4:54 AM

Oct 2019
SquanchDaddy said:

I disagree with the last two episodes being the best part of death parade.

I thought the best arc was the one about the detective guy.

but yeah this show does hit different.

death parade season 2 is one of my most wanted sequels that haven't been made yet.

I wouldn't say one of If I wasn't praying every night for black sails to get a treasure island sequel.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeγ€ŒAMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 25, 2022 5:13 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, in wrong ways. They are absolutely clueless that they are coming out as torturer of dead souls instead of peace bringers.
Aside from last 2 episode which is predictable at best, most it was just sheer stupidity. Could have worked if this was a intentional parody.
AdampkMay 25, 2022 5:20 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

598 by Xenofight »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.