Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 16, 2022 6:53 PM
Oct 2016
MegamiRem said:
Eric13531 said:

I feel like Paul was more disappointed at how little thought Rudeus gave to his family. He didn't think to check up with them first. When he learned that the village was teleported away, first person he thought of was Sylphie over his own family. Perfectly valid complaint too because we've seen how Rudeus acts mostly out of his own self-interest. Besides, Rudeus got off pretty easy with his teleportation considering how many people got kidnapped, killed, turned into slaves etc
He got off pretty easy, bruh what? He was constantly fighting for his life everyday in the demon continent also while taking Eris' safety into consideration and making it back to home. You also had the odacity to say many others had it worse as they were killed, became slaves, kidnapped and so on but did u ever stopped to think that the reason Rudeus didn't die or become a slave is cause he fought to survive and get out of sticky situations?

Yes he was worried about Sylphy more because he assumed Paul had already saved Zenith. U can clearly see the shock in his face after Paul says that he hasn't found em yet. Also the reason Rudy's entire journey he didn't think about his family's safety is cause the fact that his family were also teleported like him never crossed his mind. He already had his hands full trying to survive in the demon contintent with Eris' life also depending on him.

But yes at the end of the day he's still flawed. He was a former 34 year old neet in his previous life incase you don't remember and old habits die hard. It's not easy to change but Rudy doesn't run away from facing his issues instead he faces them head on and tries to change and that's what makes him a great character.

Setting aside the topic of Rudeus' circumstances after he was teleported, yes you're right that Rudeus does care about his family, but I don't feel like he prioritized his family as much as he should have. When he first met Paul, he didn't ask about how his family was doing despite meeting his father for the first time in years, and he didn't really think about how his disappearance would worry his family. Not to say that Rudeus isn't a good character, but I feel like this scene is meant to exemplify character growth. We've seen how when Rudeus treats his new life like a game and gets caught up in adventuring (take where he planned to save the Kurt's party at the last second), he fails to empathize with others. You're right that he doesn't run away from his issues and I feel like that trait of his can lead to more growth as a character
Jan 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Jan 2019
Paul is scum, he thinks his son is the 'overpowered isekai main character' stereotype
Feb 24, 2022 9:21 PM

Jul 2021
Well the latter part was depressing to watch.

Rudues didn't know other's were teleported too so can't really blame him. That whole ordeal with Paul was definitely hard on him, Eris comforting him was cute. Rudy wanted to be a cool older brother but he's already a bully in his sister's eyes :(

The visuals in the starting were great, they parted ways with the monkey man as well.

Looking forward to see what happens next.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 6, 2022 3:43 PM

Feb 2018
Episode started light hearted with Rudeus fooling around until he met his father.. His mom, Aisha, where's everyone? :S
Mar 8, 2022 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
damn Paul the father of Rudeus is right why didnt Rudeus look for messages on nearby guilds about his family first lol and here i thought Rudeus is some genius he overlook that simple thing and did not even thought that even his village was caught in the teleportation

at least he got his father and little sister now, its now time to look for his mother and Sylphy
Mar 9, 2022 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
Well.. I thought Paul had another kid, but to my surprise it was Norn, I doubt kids grow up that fast in a little over a year. But the perception of time may be different for this animes universe.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 11, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2019
Wow. That was probably the best episode so far in the series. Me too like Rudeus almost forgot about the disaster lmao
Mar 13, 2022 9:09 AM
Feb 2016
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Well.. I thought Paul had another kid, but to my surprise it was Norn, I doubt kids grow up that fast in a little over a year. But the perception of time may be different for this animes universe.

You should know It's been since 5 years (3 Years Teach Eris +2 years Journey )since Rudeus left home ,of course Norn Grow up like that .
Apr 30, 2022 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
when Ruijerd told Eris to comfort him lol

Rob7 said:
Just to not forget the most KINO part of the episode.

Slurp Slurp

Rudy never changes lol
May 4, 2022 10:37 PM

Jun 2020
I'm gonna miss that old Geese hope to see him around and well, The choir OP is so good it just complements the intro of the episode, Always a delight seeing Eris smile nowadays

Oh god not goblin slaying Eris I beg of you and a Goblin Slayer reference I suppose thrown in there for fun, And Hentai Kamen perhaps like this can't get any better than this

Scuffed everything's scuffed as fuck to Paul who seems like is having a hard time of his life than ever and to Rudy who questionably is unaware of the situation this really was fucked up to begin with, Norn is alright that's a plus one, 5 episodes in and Roxy is still nowhere to be found oh well, Also if Eris keeps acting like this I might give in.
KanezushiMay 4, 2022 11:07 PM
Jun 2, 2022 2:11 PM

Feb 2019
Why on Earth does a kid like Rudeus has to have the hero responsibility of saving everyone? I can't understand his dad's logic, maybe the burden on him was too heavy so he got jealous with Rudeus for having a "fun" adventure.

Everyone has it rough in this incident, his father didn't think this through clearly.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 16, 2022 12:56 PM

Jan 2019
This show can be so inconsistent sometimes. It can have Rudeus wearing panties on his head and licking them and him being guilt-tripped about surviving the calamity within the same episode.

Eris has really grown on me though, she was so well directed amd animated in that scene where she was trying to comfort Rudeus. She might be favourite character in the show at this point.

Aug 19, 2022 7:09 PM

Oct 2019
You know what, maybe this anime isn't So bad. This episode actually had a ton of heart and emotion, that confrontation between Rudy and his dad, that was done really well.
Sep 14, 2022 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Paul does have some unreasonable expectations for a 12 year old
Nov 9, 2022 10:00 AM

Mar 2010
I always knew Rudeos was incompetent. He had a head start as a 40 year old hikikimori I guess he was one of the low IQ shut ins. What a disappointment indeed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2022 12:41 PM
Sep 2022
As coisas foram colocadas no eixo nesse episódio e a história voltou a avançar...
Dec 27, 2022 6:51 AM

Jun 2019
What I didn't comprehend in this episode is why Rudeus even seems to imply that he should have known about the great teleportation disaster affecting many other villages, towns, and cities of the primarily human-inhabited continent like his home village, when, for all intents and purposes, in the episode they met that mysterious celestial figure and he saw Ghislaine directly hit with the beam which shot down from the sky before he himself and Eris were both blanketed by it, it very much seemed like it could just be seen and perceived as a localized event specifically targeting them as a form of attack from said guy.

Why would the assumption be that such a seemingly targeted thing affected more of the world?
WatchTillTandavaDec 27, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 18, 2023 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
One of the rare occasions when I agree with Eris. Paul has managed to become even bigger scum than before.
Jan 18, 2023 3:16 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So much dialog and it made for the entire episode in the entire show. Rudy might have been taking all of this like some sort of secondary game but he ended up hurting a lot of people.
Feb 6, 2023 1:29 AM

Feb 2017
Rudeus screwing himself by acting without thinking and browbeating his father again; he's extremely dismissive of someone he shares many of the same flaws.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Apr 6, 2023 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, that was not the reunion we were hoping for. I guess having already been isekai'd once Rudy just subconsciously forgot about his previous "life" before the teleportation incident. He couldn't have known the scale of it though since he was at ground zero so I can get why he didn't think further than his and Eris' safety at least. Damn, to have a realization bomb dropped on you like that - that the thing that upturned your entire life affected EVERYONE you ever knew and loved, and it's been so long since then...

Hell of a 2nd fight between father and son...
Apr 6, 2023 11:38 PM
Mar 2021
Paul is an asshole 🖕
Apr 12, 2023 11:42 PM
Aug 2016
Paul is a complete scumbag as usual. That interaction with Rudy and Eris was cute as hell 
May 3, 2023 7:06 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Wow this episode was excellent. I could really feel the emotion throughout.

Firstly, I love the idea of handing out those figures and revealing who Ruijerd really is after doing good deeds!!

I love the policy of Dead End. Save the children!!

Love the reveal of seeing Paul again, great surprise. I do get where he’s coming from, Rudy was a bit naive and should’ve worried about his family more - it has been 1.5 years. But on the other hand, isn’t he still like only 11? 12? Cut him some slack haha. Most children would have died going through what he went through. He only survived because he’s crazy strong for his age!

Lastly, Eris is such a sweetheart. She’s totally grown on me as a character. And same with Ruijerd!!
Jun 15, 2023 8:09 AM

May 2020
still as emotional as the first time I watched this ep
it might be the best episode of this part
seeing Norn again as well 
nearly got me to cry

Jun 22, 2023 6:07 AM

Feb 2014
So his dad was annoyed how he acted for those 18 months? Kid is an 11 years old and was expected to gather a rescue team for people he didn't know were enslaved?

What did Paul expect Rudy to know about the disaster considering he was in a completely different continent? Also, he was doing his job of taking Eris back to her place - didn't Paul say he was concerned Rudy was relying too much on Syplhiete? Now that he was being responsible for Eris' safety Paul is complaining about him being responsible? -, if they stopped along the way to gather money or help people, even a demon, what's the problem? The cherry on top though is the estranged little sister calling out her older brother a bully for punching their father while the whole place is looking at them? Worst writing so far in this series.
Jun 30, 2023 10:58 PM
Jun 2023
One word: Masterpiece.
Jul 3, 2023 12:35 PM

Jan 2018
Shit really got real with this episode...

I can't really blame Rudeus for not thinking of writing a letter or caring about other victims. He has been shown as selfish from the start and he didn't really change much. The only reason he went after the kidnapping was for the sake of Dead End. And he actually played a hero by wearing that stupid panty mask...

The reason I can't blame Rudeus is not because he's a child. He's not. He's a manchild in a child's body. And in his mind, he's still a dead guy roleplaying as an adventurer in a high-fantasy setting. He still didn't adjust to his new life as Rudeus. He doesn't care about his parents: calling them by their names. He only cares about how he can groom the next child he can get his hands on.

He was a socially awkward NEET who never adjusted to society and so he has no idea how he could handle these sorts of things. So I don't think it's unnatural that these things actually slipped his mind. Until he lets go of his past self and actually becomes Rudeus Greyrat I don't think I'll like his character. Until then I think he'll keep acting like this.

Either way, Eris was great in this episode. And I hope Rudeus will make up with his dad soon. This was a good episode, if I exclude the things that I don't like. The new OP was also pretty good. This is the kind of thing I want to see in isekai anime. Not the trash that only copied tropes and outlines from Mushoku Tensei without thinking about the actual things that made the series great in the first place.
0451Jul 3, 2023 12:38 PM
Jul 4, 2023 10:19 AM

Dec 2022
The family squabble truly was emotional and all but i kinda guessed Paul was going to be a bit of a jerk towards Rudy's way of trying to tell him his hardship adventures cause the way he explains it sounds like he was having a fun time without any worry which is understandable at least.

Anyways oh my god Eris is still cute in a tsuntsun way trying to comfort Rudeus lol.

Jul 28, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2015
AAAhh yes...Paul...best dad ever
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 AM
Aug 2021
So, Rudeus and his dad. PAUL. finally found each other... i fully understand why paul was being such a prick. like yeah, rude Was being a brain-dead kid. or 40 year old. and didn't consider his family. or the adventurer's guilds notes, or anything.
Still,
Id hope after not seeing your son for a year and a half you be at least a little happy??? Huh?

But no, womanizer dumbshit paul wouldn't do that. ffs
Aug 6, 2023 6:20 PM
Oct 2021
The fuck was paul thinking? Everyone else in that bar too glaring at a 12 year old
Aug 6, 2023 7:02 PM
Jan 2018
The addition of an actual opening might have been a pleasant surprise for some but for me it's an indication of a lower budget to save time in animation. Going into the episode it's apparent that costs have been cut, animation is way more sloppy, hand drawn but the lines are less clean, and the frames are skipped more often than not. All the more so much that the previous season proudly showcases are not present in these past episodes, the world building is less than before, the minute details are not being shown. I can forgive them for skipping Sara's side of the story, but the healing magic circle detail which could have been explained in three seconds? It's those details that makes this anime for me. If it's like this in the anime I'll just stick to the manga. It's a major turn off for me if what I'm watching is just being a advertising to read the manga AGAIN, rather than an enjoyable show to actually watch.
Aug 7, 2023 3:59 AM
May 2021
I really did not enjoy the Superman effect here, where Superman hides his identity by wearing some glasses and his wife can not recognize him no more. In the manga it is the same, but i felt like the anime does even worse job at pretending that the secret is well hidden. Her voice actress is the same and... I mean she even drops panties from female dorm and he can not even figure out that it is not male(mind you this has happened to him few years ago where he assumed that Sylph is male and got in trouble for it) I m not saying the dorm is all needed to put 1+1 together because it is feasible for male to be  there while breaking rules. But it is the combined situation making it obvious. Also i've looked how it is in the manga AFTER getting angry that he does not instantly recognize her, if viewer can tell, her best friend sure should.

Yes her hair color has changed, but my dudes and dudetes i've had black long hair in the past, met my classmates 20! years later with blond short hair wearing sunglasses and they instantly recognized me anyway.
I had trouble remembering their names, but i was in friendship with none of them. I can recognize my actual friends of the past 30years later no problem. Sylph is not just some random girl from village it is his best friend and his dream is or was to get money and visit magic school with her. She is also compared to me 0% different that she was when young, she grew 5cm and that is it, it is god damn half elf, it is miracle to find single difference beyond the hair color between her childhood and now.
>Same haircut, same face, female voice, very warm to protag, her bodyguard co-worked drops the hints around, met at female dorm where it is forbidden by school rules for male to be as the monkey tells you in the episode, she drops multiple hints around, silent caster rarer than dragons...
My irl friends need none of the above, i look 3% like i did 20 years ago? They instantly say Hi John! Long time no see! I'm not going to spoiler manga but i'll just say

Aug 10, 2023 3:26 PM
Nov 2021
Best episode yet, the family drama had me hooked.
Aug 22, 2023 6:30 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It's just the all the emotions getting to Paul, the stress and anxiety and just seeing his son, who honestly seems more like a friend to him, which is why he's putting so much blame on Rudy for not trying to find his missing family. But it's all cleared up with the fact that Rudeus didn't know the teleportation was widespread all this time- right? As for him not getting Paul's messages, those couldn't be completely guaranteed either that he'd have seen them. That and, Rudeus and Eris were teleported themselves. Shouldn't the priority be trying to get back home and meet up with everyone again, which is what their intentions were? Sure it may have seemed to Paul that they were on a fun adventure, especially with his remark that Rudeus showed up wearing panties on his head acting like a hero for fun. But even if Paul is wrong to blame Rudeus like this, Rudeus IS currently just trying to make a quick buck in this city with not too much at stake. Meanwhile Paul looks like he's fighting for his life trying to find his lost family, so hard that it has turned him into a drunk. The stress has got to him, he may not be thinking clearly, but he did let out some of his thoughts which wrongly put Rudy to blame. Dude was just trying to get home. Had he known that the whole situation was far more serious than he had thought, then that'd be a different story. But even then again, what's wrong with finding your way home.

Also man, shocked Eris-face when Ruijerd tells her to comfort Rudeus is priceless.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 27, 2023 12:45 AM
Sep 2020
Shoehorned conflict makes it impossible to get invested. The crux of a scripted argument should not be "the characters don't communicate well or listen to each other". Who cares.
Sep 29, 2023 8:05 AM
Feb 2022
o kadar maceradan sonra 2. dönüm noktası gibi bi şeydi valla güzeldi
Oct 9, 2023 1:23 AM
Nov 2016
The drama in this episode is nice but at the same time, I can't take it seriously either with the ecchi and panties licking, everything has a time and place, and when you combine ecchi, comedy, or whatever into an episode that is supposed to be emotional or have a lot of drama in it, then it doesn't sit too well with me, I rather have episodes like this to be serious from the beginning, the episode is nice but at the same time, it lost some points with the ecchi stuff and panties licking comedy, still, it's probably the best episode in this part 2.

And the red-haired girl is definitely the best girl as of now, I disliked her at first but she's growing on me with each episode and I'm loving her, her character development is great. And Rudy, fuck him, he's been the same mofo since the beginning, I see absolutely 0 character development from him, I also see 0 progressions from Rudy, the years are passing by and I don't even see him improving in anything, not even magic, that character is stagnated, his only real improvement was the Demon eye that he got but other than this, he hasn't progressed in anything for ages.
Oct 17, 2023 4:02 AM
Dec 2022
The isekai anime keeps on going better with twists and turns.
Dec 10, 2023 6:18 PM
Dec 2023
Omg, eris is so adorable
Dec 15, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, Paul has been found. But he already start another family wtf
Dec 21, 2023 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
Slow, boring, pointless, I wanted dip my balls in a bathtub and stick a hair dryer in with me at the same time to make my experience just a tad bit more interesting.

Terrible episode. Boring asf so far. Hope it gets better.
Feb 9, 12:41 AM

Nov 2023
Random character dumping yay
Apr 5, 6:01 PM
Dec 2022
Rudy moment
PAULL????????? dude looks like hes dying damn
and they fighting NORN IS THERE TOO BRO THIS SHIT SADD even more stuff about the magic disaster
Eris being nice rare moment
Apr 10, 12:55 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I have a little theory about Geese... I feel that he is the God of men camouflaged as a simple human, that would explain why when I was in the village I felt that he was a very pawn of Rudeus.
It was a bucket of cold water for Paul and Rudeus, Paul I told you to be careful not to put too many expectations on Rudeus, he is someone who showed great gifts for his age but he is not a god.
Rudeus, you should have thought about your family first but... I understand you, the trip was not exactly easy, yet the way you described it was so happy hahaha you sold it that way and here are the consequences
Still, they are problems that must be talked about.
Interesting Eris's change so far, at first she was willing to kill Rudeus now the opposite haha
Apr 24, 9:05 AM

Oct 2020
Ah, it's getting intense. I'm quite liking the show since the last episode of part 1.

My thoughts of S1 pt1(ep1-10)📉📉

From S1 ep10-16📈📈📈📈

Great episode, Rudeus is developing.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 1, 7:05 AM

May 2020
So finally Rudy meet his Father and a new fact that disaster make all in Rudy's village are gone even his mother but he think more to Sylphy. Eris looks cute here to pamper Rudy that still desperate. Another story will be interesting.
May 6, 4:31 AM
Jul 2021
Sister character is completely unlikable.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

227 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.