Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Takemichi really appreciates Chifuyu. Speaking of which, he almost looks like a different person in that suit.

It's also kinda amazing how they were able to gather all the most prominent cast in this show together for the finale. Even
makes an appearance! What a ride tbh. Definitely enjoyed this anime from start to finish.
Sep 18, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2017
It's an interesting anime with a few annoying issues like some designs but nothing serious. I'm curious about how this series is going to continue. Likeable characters. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 18, 2021 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
For everyone wondering, the chapter after where this episode leaves off is chapter 74 (which is a chapter I really wish they would have covered this season but they really wanted to go for the cliffhanger ending, I guess)

This was my favorite episode of the anime because Koko and Inui were in it.
Sep 18, 2021 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
KOKO AND INUPI ARE HERE!! KOKO's voice omg it suits him so much and the highlight GAAAH i love it. the only complain i have is that they left out koko's eyeliner...:(
Sep 18, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
At this point one should already be able to figure out what's driving Kisaki or at least get the gist of it. He's a tapped mofo. This adaptation wasn't anything too crazy, but still a blast to watch. Recommend the German boys and girls to check out the dub as well, pretty hilarious stuff xD

Looking forward to S2 and

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Koko is voiced by Hanae natsuki and for Inupi it would be Enoki Junya!
Sep 18, 2021 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
Just wanna say, what an amazing ride it has been. People really love to hate on it, but for me, it was a really great experience. Yes, there were some issues for sure, but not anything crazy which can make me say like, it's fucking terrible. Cuz... it's not.

As for the episode, enjoyed this one as well like every other, some cliffhangers as usual for the next season. I'll go for the manga after this one for sure, cuz I can't wait. LOL
Sep 18, 2021 11:23 AM

Jul 2017
decent overall finish (and last 2 eps really). Cliffhanger ending but that's to be expected lol. Looking forward to another season

Overall, kinda disappointed with how this ended. It started off very strong but that Bloody Halloween arc (more specifically the fight itself) took a massive dump all over it lmao. It's like that horse drawing meme

Still, despite suspension of disbelief getting yeeted out the window, it was still a fun ride nonetheless

Takeameatcheese/10
Sep 18, 2021 11:29 AM

Oct 2020
lol why are people rating it when it hasn't even came out yet
Sep 18, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2017
The conclusion to Bloody Halloween: the surprise guest: Valhalla's Hanma, and the diffusion of Valhalla into Toman, all because of Kisaki.

Losing Baji was bad enough, but 1st Div's vice-captain Chifuyu's word at making Takemichi Captain is a huge call, and is still a way to stop Kisaki at his conquest to be Toman's Top Gun. This crybaby has achieved a high status, and there is still hope.

But first, it's back to the present day...and Takemichi got a facelift? Not to mention that he's a manager leading his Mizo Mid friends with a motley crew that he is in charge of with Chifuyu, who would've thought.

All the same old and new pals are in town BABY, and this is not letting up loose, but Kisaki is on top of the Tokyo Manji Gang looking a bit different, what gives? Kisaki reveals a fact that both Takemichi and Chifuyu already knew: about Baji's death (but caused by Kazutora), being the one who set up Bloody Halloween, and more tyranny incoming.

Still though, what a wild ride Tokyo Revengers has been with insane popularity since the anime's beginning.
Sep 18, 2021 11:36 AM
Jan 2021
Best cliffhanger tho. F for anime only.
Sep 18, 2021 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
Very amazing episode in the already amazing anime, there's only one weak point that prevent this anime from being perfect is that the sexual relationship in Toman gang members are not as explicit as I want it to be. But other than that, I highly recommend this anime to BL community, you can't get better BL anime than this in your lifetime.
Sep 18, 2021 11:39 AM
Sep 2021
THAT CLIFFHANGER I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!
Sep 18, 2021 11:40 AM
Apr 2021
When season 2 date ?
Sep 18, 2021 11:40 AM

Oct 2017
Takemichi became first squad captain, that moment was quite emotional. Back to the future and lol everything has changed but one thing hasn't which is it's still a bad end. What a way to end this season, people will go insane with this cliffhanger.

Decent adaptation of the manga. Best thing about this anime was the OP/ED and OSTs. Other than that everything else was handled well enough. Thou some character designs were bad compared to the manga. Anyway pretty much satisfied with the adaptation, looking forward to season 2.
Sep 18, 2021 11:46 AM

Apr 2018
Well, Vallhalla merged with Toman and Takemitchy became the first division captain. A lot of things have happend in the last episode and it's time for Takemitchy to go back to the future after he accomplished his goal. Not in the way he wanted it, but he managed to do it.

Back to the future and Takemitchy's old friends, known as Mizo Mid Friends, they look EPIC as hell. He's a big shot in the present time together with Chifuyu.

And of course, this is not even a suprise anymore.. Kisaki is at the top of Toman. More like the Evil Toman. And he revealed his plans from the Bloody Halloween Arc. That he was the one after everything. Ending it with the biggest cliffhanger ever.

If you wanna start the manga, continue from chapter 74. I'd recommend reading from the beginning because the manga is absolutely fantastic!

A pretty good adaptation, not the best, it could have been better. The artstyle and animation was not consistent most of the time but the fights were done well. The biggest points of the adaptation were the AMAZING Opening and Ending songs. And of course, the godly soundtrack.

8.5/10 for me if I'm rating it as a big TR fan. Otherwise this is a 7-7.5/10 adaptation.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2021 11:53 AM
Feb 2015
I constantly feel like u have to be 14 y/o to enjoy this show
Sep 18, 2021 12:00 PM
Apr 2018
MiguelATM said:
lol your not alone. Finishing it for the sake of it and I won't do s2 tbh.
Sep 18, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
Wtf... it's so amazing....is there will be a second season of Tokyo revengers..
Sep 18, 2021 12:03 PM
Dec 2020
phantomfandom said:
Very amazing episode in the already amazing anime, there's only one weak point that prevent this anime from being perfect is that the sexual relationship in Toman gang members are not as explicit as I want it to be. But other than that, I highly recommend this anime to BL community, you can't get better BL anime than this in your lifetime.

bro, who told you it's BL. stop it, ffs
Sep 18, 2021 12:05 PM
Feb 2015
--Moose-- said:
MiguelATM said:
lol your not alone. Finishing it for the sake of it and I won't do s2 tbh.

I honestly did a speedrun in the last 5 eps to see if smth interesting happened but... Surprise surprise, it didnt, also its very funny how every ep starts at least at minute 6 or so, with the opening plus flashbacks from previous episodes
Sep 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Jun 2021
Pretty decent cliffhanger. New characters have been introduced. Can't wait to see how they adapt S2 materials. S1 obviously had quite a few "I can't take this seriously" moments but I believe S2 will be announced soon. I just hope it will get better in all aspects.
Sep 18, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2021
Waiting for next season!
Sep 18, 2021 12:08 PM
Jun 2021
How is everybody watching this 15 minutes after this it's released?? Let a fellow weeb on this secret;)
Sep 18, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2021
XerxesSenpai said:
How is everybody watching this 15 minutes after this it's released?? Let a fellow weeb on this secret;)

I haven't watched it yet, last episode of the season I mean. Simply want next season!
Sep 18, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2020
Chifyuu wants Takemitchy to be captain of the 1st squad, and now Valhalla is under Toman's name.

Here in present timeline Takemitchy is a big shot, I really wasn't expecting these much changes and we also got to see many new faces. Kisaki can't be trusted and he just proved it, he really is the most evil one out there.

It really is one freak of an ending, wasn't expecting things to be turned out this way in this final episode, got me hyped up for any possible sequel.
Was a decent adaptation with a banger OP, looking forward for new projects in future.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:46 AM
Sep 18, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
Thank goodness it's over
Sep 18, 2021 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
Damn what an ending, shit got real interesting at the end

Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long for a second season
Sep 18, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
XerxesSenpai said:
i watched it live with no subs
Sep 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2021
AHHH they really want us to read the manga huh? Well they sure were successful with that because after that horrible Bloody Halloween arc where the anime production reached the lowest point, they then proceeded to end it in a crazy cliff hanger, this anime suffered with problems related to animation and art style, but it was still a ride to watch this weekly since the first episode, the crazy plot twists that happen are probably the best part, but Takemichi crying every episode was really annoying.
Well whatever it was decent for what it was, I sure hope they get a better studio or at least a better budget and maybe a better director too.
7/10
Sep 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Feb 2021
MadanielFL said:
AHHH they really want us to read the manga huh? Well they sure were successful with that because after that horrible Bloody Halloween arc where the anime production reached the lowest point, they then proceeded to end it in a crazy cliff hanger, this anime suffered with problems related to animation and art style, but it was still a ride to watch this weekly since the first episode, the crazy plot twists that happen are probably the best part, but Takemichi crying every episode was really annoying.
Well whatever it was decent for what it was, I sure hope they get a better studio or at least a better budget and maybe a better director too.
7/10

Anyway wait for next season!
Sep 18, 2021 12:41 PM

Apr 2021
I can’t wait for what’s coming in this stunning anime that never ceases to amaze me. Such a good cliffhanger!!!
Sep 18, 2021 12:42 PM

May 2021
Goof slideshow fucking useless crap of studio, finally this crap is over. They fucking butchered the time travel again, what a set of clowns lmao now it is consequential, what a joke. Did he fucking forgot that Naoto wasnt in his phone last time either?
Welp, nice final shock value moment with pathetic exposition and worthless dialogue

Sep 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Aug 2021
Damn I hate kisaki too much
Chifuyu's speech was so sad
Holy fuck they did the ending too good
Loved the adaptation of this manga ..... Waiting for s2 now
8/10
Sep 18, 2021 12:43 PM

Feb 2019
Damnnn what a cliffhanger. Was hard watching Chifuyu straight up get his brains blown out.

You know coming into this series I thought it was gonna be your usual overhyped shonen meathead show that’s popular like JJK, KNY, etc. But I was pleasantly surprised by the gang Warfare/mental warfare in the show.

Takemitchy is a loveable MC that you can’t help but cheer for. Knowing he’s up against seemingly impossible odds but keeps fighting. I respect it. Side characters like Draken, Mikey, etc. Added a lot of fun moments too. Looking forward to season 2.

P.S: Fuck Kisaki
Sep 18, 2021 12:47 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was some finish right there! Kisaki's true colours and his "hero" to sign off with? Surely, there's got to be a Season 2 upcoming. Manga sales were blown out of the park so here's to hoping that was enough of a statement from the audience!

Takemitchy in absolute tears during his ascendance to power was touching and I loved the quick transition to the present timeline from there. One last shot of Hina-chan too, which was nice.

Despite all his struggles, it seems Takemitchy still hasn't learned not to drop his guard nor get overly optimistic. From the moment he sighed of relief, I was waiting for a 180-degree change, and boy did that come all guns blazing! Kisaki's been such an enigma so far but that last line, ah I just can't get my head around to it yet.

I'm surprised that Takemitchy and Chifuyu played along with Kisaki's script though. Or maybe from another perspective, I suppose one could say it's just a genius move from Kisaki to lay the trap out like that. In any case, that was an intriguing short span of the present time.

Bullet through Takemitchy's head? Not quite sure about that... Draken and Mikey coming to his rescue would make for an interesting turn but I doubt that's it either.

All in all, this has been quite some journey! A few episodes in the middle plus the Bloody Halloween battle felt off-ly dragged on, poor animation and the MC's constant timid-ness lowered the enjoyment in my experience but a solid 7/10 nonetheless on my record. We definitely need more shows like this!

Definitely going to miss all three Op and ED themes, they were fantastic company!
_MushiRock11_Sep 18, 2021 12:56 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 18, 2021 12:49 PM

Dec 2020
They make the last episode so interesting and in the end such a plot twist when kisaki said “my hero “ i want to know what he means.

Overall it was a nice story with a lot of emotion and the main character was not takemitchy it was the toman gang.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
Well damn, that's quite the cliffhanger ending. If this doesn't get a second season what a horrible ending that'll be lol. But I'm guessing it will. I'm not a manga reader, but apparently sales of it spiked in Japan when the anime began and that's usually a good sign.

After I watched the first episode of this I was hooked. I said it had a winning premise and potential enough to be one of the best shows of the year. Now I must say I'm honestly a little less enthusiastic about it. I've cooled on it a bit you could say, but only a bit. As the series went on three negatives stood out to me. One was censorship which I won't bother harping on much other than to say society as a whole is pretty fucked when we're editing out symbols at the cost of storytelling because they resemble the swastika. The other two were probably more of an issue because they can't be fixed just by watching the uncut version. First, and more minor, this show's pacing was an issue in one specific way. I only noticed it more as it went on, but far too many episodes had the long running shonen issue of wasting the first 2 or 3 minutes of an episode with recaps of what happened last time. For a long running shonen like One Piece that's at least understandable, though still a bad thing. Here, there was no excuse. I heard excuses elsewhere like "they had to do it to have a decent stopping point for the episode." Nonsense. Stop mid page if you have to, don't give us these wasted minutes.

Second, and probably my biggest issue honestly, was that quite frankly I just didn't really enjoy the Bloody Halloween arc that much. It seemed like it really only existed to give us backstory on Mikey and the founding members of Toman. My biggest issue with it was I found Takemitchy's role itself was far too passive. He really just watched and reacted and he felt dumber to me, slower to react, than in the first arc. He had no crowning character development moment like the fight where his hand got stabbed in the first arc. I do think this ending episode at least shows more potential that he'll become more proactive again in the future(heh) so I won't say it was a total loss. And it wasn't a terrible arc or anything, it was alright. On the whole I'd still say this was a strong series, and it still very well may end up in my top 10 of the year when all is said and done. I plan to watch the second season if we get it, and I hope we do. Solid 8/10
animefan8800Sep 18, 2021 12:59 PM
Sep 18, 2021 12:54 PM
Mar 2020
Man fuck this anime, leaving us at a cliffhanger like this. Cant wait for season 2 uhhhhhhh.
Sep 18, 2021 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
That cliffhanger, what an evil place to end it. Totally crazy ending sequence, how is Takemitchy gonna travel back to the past without Naoto?

The scene where Takemitchy accepts to being the commander of the first division was great.

Sounds like Kisaki has some kind of messed up motivation for going after Toman the way he did. Did he see Mikey as some kind of hero and eventually Takemitchy? Is he trying to play the bad guy to their hero or something? I guess I will have to read the manga or wait for another season to find out.

Overall, very entertaining series. Almost never a dull moment even if the directing for Bloody Halloween felt a little flat. Extremely compelling character cast, lot of the character moments hit hard, ton of emotion behind the story which is great. I thought the first arc was much better than the second in terms of tension and mystery as it felt very fresh. Bloody Halloween never really had the same feel as that but still very good. The story is good but they definitely takes for too many things for granted in the way it's told, mostly with respect to the time travel. Once again, I fail to see why any of these characters are even considered to be in middle school. High school or college would make more sense given their stature and physical feats but I'll just pass it off to anime exaggeration. Very enjoyable ride and I do hope there's an S2 in the near future.

8/10
Sep 18, 2021 12:57 PM
Mar 2020
9/10 ik, it didn't had the best pacing, character design, and even had some plotholes but according to me, i enjoyed the ride a lot. I stayed tune with this anime from the beginning till the end. Not binging the series ,made me love it more.
Sep 18, 2021 1:00 PM

Jun 2021
Damn, this episode was lit. I ain't a manga reader so it made me think what the fuq is going on here. I have to say that the twists in this anime are really different and great in other anime's I've seen. But still the last ep was a cliffhanger >< SUSPENSE 100
9/10 for me.

Season 2.......?When ?
Sep 18, 2021 1:03 PM

May 2021
hanae natsuki is EVERYWHERE hhhh
Dec 2018
The last episode did justice for the best anime of this season. What a ride it was, Even though animation was pretty mediocre, respect for lidenfilms to provide us this gem of an anime
Jul 2021
man that was a rollercoaster. but i loved it and cant believe its finished now :( hopefully we get s2 soon.
Sep 18, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2018
Finally TR has ended. We did it bois cringe is no more.

But on a more serious note, I kind of enjoyed the first couple of episodes a lot more than the lasts. I thought up to episode 16 the show felt serious and Takemicchi's involvement was noticable. But Idk wtf happened in the Bloody Halloween arc. The animation of this anime is subpar which honestly didn’t bother me much since I didn’t watch it for the action but the mystery. But holy shit the actual fighting make me not take it seriously. As the series progressed after the halfway point it started feeling less about Takemicchi and time travel but more about the gang wars which is great if you're into that sort of thing Ig. Up until the last 2 episodes I got pretty bored by the children fighting. Takemicchi being a useless crybaby almost reminds me of the worst aspects of Re:Zero people like to complain about even though Subaru was more useful from season 1. I'm guessing Hanagaki Takemichi also gets a better development later on in the story (hopefully).

The last episode with the cut to the future was completely unexpected though. My eyes rolled when Takemicchi and Chifuyu drank from the very obviously drugged alcohol though. But despite the cliche I loved it and I loved the cliffhanger "bad" ending. It made me from undecided on whether I should continue to immediately make me want a season 2 which I'm sure will be announced in no time.
0451Sep 18, 2021 1:13 PM
Sep 18, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
Waait wait wait wait wait.... are they just going to ignore what was Bajis intention going after Kisaki was???

Problems only get fixed when it only happens after, there were no critical thinking nor alternative planning, it's at the last minute that Takemitchy takes action. All the detective work that Naoto did were for nothing.

Baji's death literally had ZERO IMPACT on Chifuyu and Takemitchy, because they stopped being caution and aware of Kisaki's manipulation.

That ending was very predictable
AhriTheS3xyFoxSep 18, 2021 1:14 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 18, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2019
Wild. Those twists. I want a season 2 so bad. :D
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 18, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
Where's the s2 announcement? If there's no s2, that is one of the worst anime finales ever :/
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Sep 18, 2021 1:13 PM

Oct 2018
Thankfully this Mexican soap opera is over.

Congratulations, Tokyo Revengers. You're the worst anime of the year.
Please, do not quote me.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

152 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

177 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

251 by dspr »»
May 5, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.