Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2021 5:48 AM
May 2021
Im talking about the scene where kanada is humming the song while otonashi walks past. And then he recognizes something and reaches towards her.

I know many people are saying its after they get reincarnated. But that doesnt make sense imo. Why would they look the exact same? Reincarnation would mean they look different right? And they wouldnt be able to remember anything if they were truly reincarnated. So my theory is that the final scene happens in heaven.
Well this was my theory anyway. What do you guys think?

Mod Edit: Modified title - spoilers
BarnaldJun 30, 2021 8:31 AM
Jun 28, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2020
Deepak21 said:
Im talking about the scene where kanada is humming the song while otonashi walks past. And then he recognizes something and reaches towards her.

I know many people are saying its after they get reincarnated. But that doesnt make sense imo. Why would they look the exact same? Reincarnation would mean they look different right? And they wouldnt be able to remember anything if they were truly reincarnated. So my theory is that the final scene happens in the afterlife (heaven).
after Reincarnation, you can't tell if someone will look same or different, it's a new life and a Happy Ending
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jun 28, 2021 6:06 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Deepak21 said:

I know many people are saying its after they get reincarnated. But that doesnt make sense imo. Why would they look the exact same? Reincarnation would mean they look different right? And they wouldnt be able to remember anything if they were truly reincarnated. So my theory is that the final scene happens in the afterlife (heaven).

I always thought(mind you it's been a while) the idea was they'd passed each other long before either of them died, sort of like fate bringing them together and adding another reason for why he losely remembered her.

Keeping in mind she would probably of been in an around the hospital considering her heart condition, and his trips to visit his sister.

It could also just be happening in a dream/his head. It's certainly up for interpitation.
Jun 28, 2021 7:21 AM

Nov 2020
Deepak21 said:

IDK how it doesn’t make sense for u but for me it makes sense....

The author during the story clearly hinted that after they leave that place they will be reincarnated so ur theory according to me is wrong...

Anayan_Kashyap said:
Deepak21 said:

after Reincarnation, you can't tell if someone will look same or different, it's a new life and a Happy Ending

Yeah it was a happy but a good ending too that many anime out there lack...
momentie said:
Deepak21 said:

I always thought(mind you it's been a while) the idea was they'd passed each other long before either of them died, sort of like fate bringing them together and adding another reason for why he losely remembered her.

Keeping in mind she would probably of been in an around the hospital considering her heart condition, and his trips to visit his sister.

It could also just be happening in a dream/his head. It's certainly up for interpitation.
yeah ur theory can be correct cause in the end the protagonist decided to be there forever and guide other people that came there and in the 2 min epilogue that was released in 2014 it was shown that the protagonist is still there and is helping other people there.....
So I agree that there is a possibility that he meeting Kanade was going inside his head..
But they got reincarnated and really meet eachother makes more sense to me....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 28, 2021 7:27 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
Deepak21 said:

The author during the story clearly hinted that after they leave that place they will be reincarnated so ur theory according to me is wrong...

Anayan_Kashyap said:

momentie said:

yeah ur theory can be correct cause in the end the protagonist decided to be there forever and guide other people that came there and in the 2 min epilogue that was released in 2014 it was shown that the protagonist is still there and is helping other people there.....
So I agree that there is a possibility that he meeting Kanade was going inside his head..

I suppose if the reason people think the the reincarnation idea doesn't work is the fact that they look the same, then maybe the implication is they don't actually look the same, they're just protraited as such for the benefit of the audience 🤔
Jun 28, 2021 8:05 AM
Feb 2019
I thought it was a what if thing, like what if they hadn’t had a short life and had to go through Angel beats
Jun 28, 2021 8:18 AM
May 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Deepak21 said:

True. I just thought it was too big of a coincidence that both characters look the same. But as momentie said, it could just be for the benefit for the audience. Definitely a happy ending though (Especially since I saw plastic memories and your lie in april right before it lol)

momentie said:
Deepak21 said:

Definitely a possibility. But i'm gonna keep believing that its not a dream so that I dont get depressed when I think about it later lol.

XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
Deepak21 said:

Anayan_Kashyap said:

momentie said:

Ah. So my theory was wrong ;~;. Thought so.
I have a question though. is there a version of heaven in the world of angelbeats? I think I remember something like that being mentioned but i'm probably wrong.
Jun 28, 2021 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
Deepak21 said:
Why would they look the exact same? Reincarnation would mean they look different right? And they wouldnt be able to remember anything if they were truly reincarnated.

is there some strict rules about reincarnation? lol and how many reincarnation movies and shows already shows they can retain their memories and physical appearance? a lot right? this is not just an anime thing

there is a whole trope about it too here https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Reincarnation

Katekyo Hitman Rebon and Digimon are some of the popular anime that have reincarnated characters that retain both their old memories and physical appearance
Jun 28, 2021 8:21 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Deepak21 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

True. I just thought it was too big of a coincidence that both characters look the same. But as momentie said, it could just be for the benefit for the audience. Definitely a happy ending though (Especially since I saw plastic memories and your lie in april right before it lol)

momentie said:

Definitely a possibility. But i'm gonna keep believing that its not a dream so that I dont get depressed when I think about it later lol.

XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

I have a question though. is there a version of heaven in the world of angelbeats? I think I remember something like that being mentioned but i'm probably wrong.

I wouldn't nessarcerily say your straigth up wrong or anything, I think part of what makes it a good ending is that you can take what you want/personally belief from it.

I've also seen plastic memories and boy I agree with you that, that was even sadder😅.
Jun 28, 2021 8:29 AM
May 2021
momentie said:
Deepak21 said:

I wouldn't nessarcerily say your straigth up wrong or anything, I think part of what makes it a good ending is that you can take what you want/personally belief from it.

I've also seen plastic memories and boy I agree with you that, that was even sadder😅.

Yeah. Definitely agree. It at least gives some hope. Better than nothing.
For plastic memories, theres a vn with a happier ending so ive just chose to believe that that's the true ending.
Jun 28, 2021 8:34 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Deepak21 said:
momentie said:

Yeah. Definitely agree. It at least gives some hope. Better than nothing.
For plastic memories, theres a vn with a happier ending so ive just chose to believe that that's the true ending.

😂😂 Well it's good your keeping your spirits up😎👍
Jun 28, 2021 8:53 AM
Oct 2020
Yes reincarnation
Jun 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Nov 2020
momentie said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

I suppose if the reason people think the the reincarnation idea doesn't work is the fact that they look the same, then maybe the implication is they don't actually look the same, they're just protraited as such for the benefit of the audience 🤔
yeah i can agree with u but as I said before according to me everything that happened during the anime hints that it was a reincarnation......

cause if I remember correctly when that little girl with pink hair was leaving the world that baseball guy said to her that after he will be reincarnated he will definately meet her even if the chances are like 1/1000000000000000000 and later in the anime we saw that they actually meet after the girl got reincarnated...... i watched it like an year ago so I dont remember correctly that if it was shown in the end or after the girl left but there was definately that scene..

so according to me if this was true then kanade meeting the protagnist after getting reincarnated is also true.....

I mean I can see that they got reincarnated.... it was kind of obvious to me.....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Jun 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2020
Deepak21 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

momentie said:

XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

no no I didnt mean to say that u r 100 percent wrong I mean that according to me ur theory is wrong....
And yes there was something like heaven also but as i said above ....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Jun 28, 2021 9:18 AM
Dec 2017
its reincarnation and not everyone will look exactly the same.

Jun 28, 2021 9:21 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
momentie said:

yeah i can agree with u but as I said before according to me everything that happened during the anime hints that it was a reincarnation......

cause if I remember correctly when that little girl with pink hair was leaving the world that baseball guy said to her that after he will be reincarnated he will definately meet her even if the chances are like 1/1000000000000000000 and later in the anime we saw that they actually meet after the girl got reincarnated...... i watched it like an year ago so I dont remember correctly that if it was shown in the end or after the girl left but there was definately that scene..

so according to me if this was true then kanade meeting the protagnist after getting reincarnated is also true.....

I mean I can see that they got reincarnated.... it was kind of obvious to me.....

I hear ya but I think the other peoples comments are valid to, that's part of what makes it a good ending, it's open to the interipritation of what ever you personally believe, which I think is a nice way to make a semi-happy ending 😎👍
Jun 28, 2021 11:22 AM
May 2021
Deepak21 said:

well how would the audience even know it was them if they looked different?
Jun 28, 2021 12:15 PM
May 2021
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
momentie said:

That scene with yui and hanata happened during the credits. But I thought it was just a possibility of what could’ve happened if they had met. Because its an exact recreation of the story he makes up when he says he would marry her.
SoulFighter17 said:
Deepak21 said:

well how would the audience even know it was them if they looked different?

They wouldn’t. Thats why I thought of the theory that the scene takes place in heaven.
Deepak21Jun 28, 2021 12:20 PM
Jun 28, 2021 10:01 PM
Apr 2021
I think that it’s supposed to be reincarnation. I feel like if that was in “heaven” that they would be together. I think that scene is supposed to represent the “I feel like we’ve met before” type of moment. Sometimes memories care over between lives (any isekai). So the slate gaze that he saw of her would be the “remembering”.
Jun 28, 2021 10:06 PM
Sep 2020
Deepak21 said:

I know many people are saying its after they get reincarnated. But that doesnt make sense imo. Why would they look the exact same? Reincarnation would mean they look different right? And they wouldnt be able to remember anything if they were truly reincarnated. So my theory is that the final scene happens in heaven.
there are many things that made no sense and doesn't explained completely in this show but the one thing that stood up for me is the last 3 episodes and the ost of the show.
I think they were reincarnated but to make the audience understand what is happening they just represented the characters with same hair colour and apperence.
Jun 28, 2021 10:20 PM
May 2021
Shadowblade978 said:
I think that it’s supposed to be reincarnation. I feel like if that was in “heaven” that they would be together. I think that scene is supposed to represent the “I feel like we’ve met before” type of moment. Sometimes memories care over between lives (any isekai). So the slate gaze that he saw of her would be the “remembering”.

That makes sense! I guess if it really was heaven they would definitely be together from the beginning.

Animefandarsh said:
Deepak21 said:

there are many things that made no sense and doesn't explained completely in this show but the one thing that stood up for me is the last 3 episodes and the ost of the show.
I think they were reincarnated but to make the audience understand what is happening they just represented the characters with same hair colour and apperence.

yeah. A longer show wouldve been nice with more explanations and more backstories. And the ost is pretty nice. I really like the opening theme (but then again, i like the opening theme of literally every anime I watch lol)
Jun 28, 2021 10:44 PM
Sep 2020
Deepak21 said:
Shadowblade978 said:

That makes sense! I guess if it really was heaven they would definitely be together from the beginning.

Animefandarsh said:

yeah. A longer show wouldve been nice with more explanations and more backstories. And the ost is pretty nice. I really like the opening theme (but then again, i like the opening theme of literally every anime I watch lol)
true. I gave it a 7/10 but could have been 8-9/10. It had the potential,the backstories were satisfing but again very less backstories (less importance for side characters.
And do u like every op of every anime, but that's not how it works for me. There are some special ost that I remember for a long time.
Jun 29, 2021 12:11 AM
May 2021
Animefandarsh said:
Deepak21 said:

true. I gave it a 7/10 but could have been 8-9/10. It had the potential,the backstories were satisfing but again very less backstories (less importance for side characters.
And do u like every op of every anime, but that's not how it works for me. There are some special ost that I remember for a long time.

I like most ops. But there are some I like more than others. Like the opening to your lie in april.
Jun 29, 2021 3:19 AM
May 2021
After reincarnation. The place is next to a store called 10Q LL Angel. Kanade also disappears from the afterlife since her only regret was not thanking Otonashi for donating his heart which was fulfilled. She can't be in the afterlife therefore the scene is after reincarnation.
Jun 29, 2021 11:45 AM
May 2021
I think it's their reincarnation..... but if you're asking me to be realistic I'll say it's the afterlife...... because we haven't been reincarnated before so maybe you still have some of your memories when you have been reincarnated 😇
Jul 1, 2021 1:56 AM
Apr 2021
Deepak21 said:

Mod Edit: Modified title - spoilers
Look at Mesut Özil and Enzo Ferrari. They're both looking exactly the same and some people are thinking Özil is a reincarnation, because he was born in the year Enzo died. So who knows;)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.