Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2021 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The group going separate way, since their goals reached.

Pig not thought of how to go back to underworld. It relied witch girl. It finally met brother even though it had hard time in there (to think that we can hear Mamo as the pig again).

ex-goddess (voiced by Yasumoto-san?) saving the people of the destroyed kingdom.

1.5 years later. There are changes to the soldiers. Fairy queen is pregnant. Goddess is also pregnant (lol @ the surprise faces of younger brother couple). Both are mix, but different mixes.

Another time skip. Goddess gave birth to a son, so he's a prince w. blue and green eyes and long hair like his mother and short height like his father. He has heard about Nanatsu no Taizai, who came to visit him. He thought they gathered together to do bad things, but it was a surprise birthday present for him.

Then recap of whole series (+ when prince was given birth) in the name of memory given by doll guy's power.

So the prince (voiced by Mikako Komatsu) already appeared in ED.

Next week is special show introducing the movie.
https://twitter.com/7_taizai/status/1407630804000247810

New key visual
https://twitter.com/7_taizai/status/1407630256207372293

BD Images
https://twitter.com/7_taizai/status/1407630507731394560
tsubasaloverJun 23, 2021 2:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 23, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, peace really brings out happiness in everyone, especially the Seven Deadly Sins in this finale.

Elizabeth pregnant with a baby though. Damn, they really went that far into the finale. It's interesting they also animated their kid, Tristan into this season. Better late than never I guess. He has the type of similar free spirited personality as Meliodas.

Yeah, this season has a been a bit of hit or miss for me. I'd rate this a little bit higher than the previous season but that's not saying much. Hoping the movie will be better.
Jun 23, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, everything is over, and the Seven Deadly Sins all depart from each other, even Hawk. who has to enlist the help of Merlin to get back to Purgatory. And seeing the reunion between brothers Mild and Hawk feels funny, after being separated for quite long.

Everything is slowly falling back into place for the Kingdom of Liones, and getting ready to pronounce the couples and birth the next generation of children.

The new life of young Tristan (birthed from Meliodas and Elizabeth), it's funny not to take children seriously lols, but what a feast for his 10th birthday, and Gowther's gift of the entire story of "The Seven Deadly Sins" from beginning to the end.

"Just like that day", their world is ever expanding. And with that, we finally come to the end of Nakaba Suzuki's once-juggernaut of a Shonen manga's adaptation.

A strong start, a low mid and a decent finish for The Seven Deadly Sins.
Jun 23, 2021 3:04 AM
Jun 2019
Finally it comes to an end, after 7 years of anime adaptation, i remembered this as my first anime really gave a huge impact when i first watch it and i always waiting for a new sequel for this series after that. I know there are a lot of better anime than this one out there, but as my first anime i will still put that 10 score on my list with all of my pride, Eventho there are some winding road during the adaptation (changes of studio and rushed production) what i like abt this anime is the faithfulness with the manga, there are never parts skipped or rushed.

Yes this last episode of Seven Deadly Sins really hits hard if i remembered the first time i watch it. To see all of the members departing like that really make me feel sad, but at least, this ending scene meet my expectations as a manga reader. What can I say, after that rough season 3, i really appreciate the improvement they did this season, they can improved a lot on that such sort time. They also made a wallpaper, really cool.

Well let's just wait for the movie, where all of the plot hole along the series will be explained there.

Jun 23, 2021 3:11 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see the seven deadly sins members enjoying their life, all of them except the GOAT Escanor. Meliodas and Elizabeth's child is funny, the misunderstanding was hilarious.

Finally this anime ended, the last two season was meh af. I really used to love this anime at the begining but it became quite boring at some point (even in the manga, it's not just due to adaptation problem). Anyway atleast it ended on a happy note.
William03 said:

Well let's just wait for the movie, where all of the plot hole along the series will be explained there.

This episode adapted the final chapter of the manga. The movie is anime original.
Jun 23, 2021 6:33 AM
Oct 2011
Finally it has come to an end!

Overall they answered most of the questiions I was wondering about, except 2 things:

1. What happened to Merlin after the battle with Cath (she never attended the Seven Sins reunion and no one mentioned anything)

2. WHY DID WE NOT GET A KING/DIANE WEDDING??? I don't read the manga, but they showed it in the previous OP so I was looking forward to it the entire time! T__T
Jun 23, 2021 10:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was a pretty good ending I would say (for a happy one) it's nice to see everyone married with kids, Meliodas and Elizabeth's one is looking fun I would say xD It's a bit sad that it's really finished now but well the two latest seasons were disappointing, I will mostly miss the characters but not the story/fights
Jun 23, 2021 11:00 AM

Apr 2020
Well it wasn't as bad as last season that's for sure but it's still "no fundo" in comparison to the 1st seasons. Portuguese will understand.
6/10. Could have been way better.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 23, 2021 11:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Shokugeki vibes all over again, poor final season but it's still sad now that the journey is over. Listening to all the Op & ED right now...

Happy ending as expected. It's disappointing that they didn't show Ban-Elaine and King-Diane's kids but it was nice to see Tristan's moments at least, lol. Meliodas keeping the truth hidden for entertainment purposes and getting called out for his obsession with Elizabeth's breasts just sums up his character, really.

Good to see the other characters doing good. Expected Merlin and Hawk to show up in the gathering but well, I suppose things are busy in Camelot and Hell lol. Hawk and his brother's moment though lol, couldn't take that seriously at all honestly. How'd the good-looking brothers survive though?

Oh yeah, I just realised that it was Tristan in the ED all along, lol. I remember thinking to myself first why they put significance to a random kid. Now, kid wants to be a part of the 7DS. Is that foreshadowing for the next batch of the group I see? Really liked this ED, btw.

All in all, it's been another poor season to be frankly honest. Especially that whole Chaos thing, it would've been far better to have it omitted entirely. But well, at least some spotlight on Merlin, the only saving grace of the arc. Some of the mid-episodes were kind of meh too but for some reason I managed to enjoy a little from it so I got to give credits for that. Kamigami no Gekirin, on the other hand, just kept spiraling lower by the episode, lol.

A journey that could've certainly ended better but thanks to Nakaba-sensei nonetheless! I don't know if I'm up for a new season of the sequel but if it's due to come, I'll probably oblige anyway. Hopefully, things are much better like the first season events.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 23, 2021 11:50 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like everyone has gone their own separate ways and even Hawke has found his big brother in the purgatory. And, guess everyone's pregnant and having a baby. That was fast. LOL. Finally, there's peace in the whole country.

And, wow... they already grew up. Tristan is adorable and MILF Elizabeth is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), not much different tho. No one from the Seven Deadly Sins looks different. They all look the same. I expected them all to look different but damn looks like ten years didn't make any impact on their bodies. Glad to see that Tristan learned about the whole story of Seven Deadly Sins and now he wants to be one of them.

It was a decent season. Not better than the previous ones in any means especially the first and second season. But, boy this anime started strong. So strong that everyone was talking about it and then it just fell... really hard. Gonna miss the characters tho.
Jun 23, 2021 11:53 AM

Oct 2020
William03 said:

The movies aren't canon so this one most likely won't explain anything. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yes...I ate 5 slices of pizza...those mozzarella sticks were good too...Yes, I'm lactose intolerant, what about it??
Jun 23, 2021 12:08 PM

Oct 2020
I liked everyone going their separate ways (which was to be expected) but Deathpierce?? Dude, chillax there's no need to still be salty.

Elaine being pregnant is totally creepy (but not as bad as the manga i suppose). Elizabeth is a total Milf i can't even lie there, but can we talk about Diane and King?? How did that...? You know what, never mind I don't wanna know.

Tristian and Lancelot were predictable names since it's apart of Arthurian legend, and I'm glad Nakaba stuck to that. I think Tristian's design is just meh. I don't hate it but it's definitely not my favorite design.

I think it was overall a pretty good ending however I didn't like the use of that OST at the end. I mean the composition of it was alright i guess, but I don't think it matched the tone of the scene? This is a series finale, give us heartwarming, melancholy, or bittersweet music, not hype music. I'm assuming they want us to get hyped for the sequel, but still. I don't think we even needed a Tristian story, but I guess all the big shonen series are gonna get the Boruto treatment now. I think Tristian and Meliodas's conversation at the end was really cute! It made me cry when I read it in the manga. I didn't cry here however, which is probably because the adaption for this season was mediocre or because of the OST as I mentioned earlier. I'm sure Tristian will get his own "Seven Deadly Sins" type group in the future (obviously, thats what this Knights of the Round Table sequel thing is gonna be). Very heartwarming. I'm *almost* sad to see this series go, since I got very attached to it when it was just starting out. It may have faltered in the final few seasons, but it will always have a very special place in my heart!
Yes...I ate 5 slices of pizza...those mozzarella sticks were good too...Yes, I'm lactose intolerant, what about it??
Jun 23, 2021 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
I have mixed feelings about the series, the first two seasons were superb but then it started going down the generic battle shounen route with excessive flashbacks and never ending fights.

The animation was terrable this season and I really miss A1s quality. That being said I can never hate this show for all its ups and downs it been a worthwhile journey and the final episode was pretty decent. So long Seven Deadly Sins.
Jun 23, 2021 12:59 PM
Mar 2019
wow its a good final. i wait the moovie to see new thing . i know that its original but for me nanatsu no taizai its a good story and anime

any know if it will be an spin off with the childs?
CrowterrrorJun 23, 2021 1:02 PM
Jun 23, 2021 1:07 PM
Apr 2021
I was with the anime when it first started. Love it. I will cherish this story and admire it. Great wholesome ending. Everybody got knocked up😂. I loved the fighting, comedy, wholesomeness, and story of this anime/manga. The last episode seemed a bit rushed but that’s the only bad thing I’ll give this show. I’m sure the movie will cover stuff we didn’t see but besides that it was a fantastic story. Everybody is happy and together.
Jun 23, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2020
So heart-warming end for Nanatsu no Taizai this season, the animation is not likeable but the plot makes it better.

Jun 23, 2021 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
Another big boy has finally come to an end. As a whole I have mixed feelings.

Thinking of S1 makes me feel nostalgic. Even at it's peak it couldn't really compete with other top series of the genre, but I liked how A-1 adapted the manga. Yeah, this was pretty awesome back before MyHero, Demon Slayer and Jujutsu raised the bar for a battle shounen adaptation. It was fun. And personally, I prefer knights over Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Sorcerer. Welp, even if almost everything turned to shit, the good memories remain. Characters such as Ban, Merlin and Escanor will always be dear to me.

Farewell Nanatsu no Taizai

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2021 2:17 PM
Oct 2016
everyone looked the same 10 years later lol
Jun 23, 2021 4:00 PM

Jul 2017
And so, Nanatsu no Taizai finally came to an end. And i'm conflicted. The first season was awesome, but from the 2nd one onwards, i just couldn't enjoy the story. Then that disasterous 3rd season came and i just stopped caring about this. Well, this final season though, nothing like the 3rd one, it was aight, like i said, wasn't really into the story since the 2nd season onwards. But had it's fair share of moments like Escanor's departure for example. But yep, i'm quite sad towards this franchise, started really well, but ended up being a disappointment, storywise, and animation wise (3rd season), in my personal opinion of course.

5/10 for this one
Jun 23, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
Well we got a happy ending for everyone and even a timeskip where we see a little bit of Meliodas and Elizabeth's son, Tristan. This pretty much ended the way one would have expected it to.

Man, the first 2 seasons of this show were actually pretty good, but once the studio changed everything just went to shit. Despite the terrible final arc that this season had to adapt, I would say the quality overall was just marginally better than the previous season (that's not a high bar though lol). Such a shame, this series got off to a nice start but just plummeted further and further downhill until the end. Still, farewell, Nanatsu no Taizai. Another long runner is behind us now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 23, 2021 4:24 PM

Sep 2020
Well, that's a wrap!
100 episodes of Nanatsu no Taizai, and a tale of 2 opposites.
One of my favourite anime after the first two seasons, full of very interesting characters, excellent world-building, a banger soundtrack and lots of potential heading into the latter half.
However the latter half seemed to struggle to get to the end, limping into the last episode with a horrid Merlin Chaos arc and really nowhere to go. It was as if Nanatsu no Taizai went to deep on the wrong path and couldn't find a way back to it's glory days.
Very unfortunate, and while Deen's animation was bad, the story and everything else seemed to fall down with it. The final farewell didn't even make me sad, because of how underwhelming the last 2 seasons have been. An anime that could have been one of my top 5 all time. A shame to see it end like this. Hope for a good finale(?) in the movie, but it's by Deen so we will see.
Season 1: 9.1/10
Season 2: 9.5/10
Season 3: 6.3/10
Season 4: 4.1/10
Weighted Final Score: 7.52/10
Jun 23, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
The ending becoming animated is just wonderful.

Easy 9/10 lol
Jun 23, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Not the most satisfying ending but the journey was fun nonetheless. Arrivederci Nanatsu no Taizai. ✨
Jun 23, 2021 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good ending for Nanatsu no taizai with Meliodas' son I hope he gets stronger in the future I liked the dialogue about melodies' son saying he wants to be one Of the Seven Deadly Sins.

even Elizabeth got pregnant this was a big highlight… I thought it was great.
Jun 23, 2021 7:59 PM
Apr 2020
Alright! It finally ends with an complete and satisfying ending!

It's been one hell of a ride to this anime adaptation. From changing to an anime studio and huge criticisms regarding to the worst-average animation quality since S3 but despite of all that, DEEN still manage to complete it till the end, so Thank you for that, Studio DEEN for picking it up and completing this.

For a 7 year run? I guess it's not that really bad. 7/10 for the final series.
Jun 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Jul 2014
K, this last season deservely got 6/10, the most suited score for its quality lol. sadly the anime got the wrong studio to continue the first two masterpieces.
Jun 23, 2021 8:37 PM
Jan 2021
Overall I’d rate this show a 7.5/10, it had a strong start, but then dipped after the studio change and ended pretty decently. I’m excited to see what they do for Four Knights of the Apocalypse, if it gets an anime.
Jun 24, 2021 3:16 AM

May 2014
Tristan is so cuteeee!!!

Whilst it was a huge shame that a1 pictures couldn't animate the whole manga and quite a few moments lost their punch due to the animation in these last two seasons, it's still the seven deadly sins and it was a great time. Very happy moment seeing Mild and Wild together. Here's hoping for a Four Knights of the Apocalypse anime!
Jun 24, 2021 5:10 AM

Aug 2018
Huh I didn't realize it was the end of the anime adaptation, after 100 or so episodes. Well that was a long but pleasant ride overall, the story & characters were interesting to follow over these years.

Very unfortunate that the animation quality decreased after the season 2, it surely cost a lot for its popularity (at least there were some great memes such as this one https://www.reddit.com/r/NanatsunoTaizai/comments/enr7ib/that_eye_had_more_budget_than_meliodas/ lol ). It became a bit better with this last season fortunately, which was my favorite in terms of story. I still feel happy that it ended, considering I grew a bit bored to constantly have another turn (Demon Lord, then Demon Lord, then Chaos... can they have a moment of respite ?).

The epilogue could have been a bit longer in my opinion, adding a few more scenes about former 7 Deadly Sins during their new lives.
Jun 24, 2021 7:32 AM

May 2009
Otorez said:
The epilogue could have been a bit longer in my opinion, adding a few more scenes about former 7 Deadly Sins during their new lives.

There is stil movie sequel that airs next week https://myanimelist.net/anime/46420/Nanatsu_no_Taizai_Movie_2__Hikari_ni_Norowareshi_Mono-tachi
Jun 24, 2021 7:40 AM

Apr 2018
THE BROTHERS PIGGIES FINALLY MEET EACH OTHER. What a peaceful and happy ending. Everyone's just living their lives. Elaina and Ban are getting a kid, Lancelot. Meliodas kid, Tristan. A small timeskip happens and we see a smol person who resembles Meliodas and Elizabeth, Tristan xD He's kinda funny I guess. Fireworks to end the show, farewell SDS. It was a nice ride. The serie could have been much better if a better studio picked it up but hey, we got something.. Rip escanor tho, best character in SDS.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 24, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
So this is it? This completely wraps up the manga?

I wish we got to see Arthur and Merlin to rebuild Camelot. We didn't get to see Lancelot or older Elaine either. No kids for King or Diane?
Jun 24, 2021 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
So the journey is over, I'm glad Hawks and Wild got to reunite, Shane about what happened with the animation quality, at least it wasn't as horrible this time.
Jun 24, 2021 1:32 PM
Nov 2020
RIP nanatsu ❤ the last 2 seasons were disastrous especially this last one but that doesn't change the fact that the first 2 seasons are always gonna be in my heart.
Jun 24, 2021 3:12 PM

Sep 2019
Cute ending I guess.

The writing got worse and worse this season, bunch of asspulls and stuff that led this show to drag on a lot more than it should've. The animation was ass too.

I didn't like it.
Jun 24, 2021 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
Can anyone explain to me what was that after the ending? Looked like a recap of a skipped arc, or a spoiler trailer of a movie. What was exactly?
Jun 24, 2021 10:24 PM
Nov 2009
Somehow this ending didn't feel like an ending. Can't say much other than what's already been said about this show, it peaked in the first 2 seasons and plummeted during the rest.
Jun 25, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
They didn't even show Ban's kid, Merlin didn't come to the reunion...
I like that there was a send=off episode for the series but like the last 2seasons as a whole, it feels mediocre at best :(
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jun 25, 2021 1:25 PM
Nov 2017
At least the series ended on a happy note. I won't watch/read the the spin off unless Ban's kid, Lancelot, cucks Arthur.
Jun 26, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
perfect ending for nanatsu no taizai !!
sayonara nanatsu no taizai..
Jun 26, 2021 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
Why didn't they all bring their kids. perfect ending tho
Jun 26, 2021 8:59 PM

Mar 2013
Huh, so Tristan has heterochromia. That's something the manga didn't (couldn't) convey.

You know, for as fast as the illusion of the future went through things a couple episodes ago, reality was only a little slower.

I wonder: could Ban use Snatch to grab his kid out of Elain so she doesn't have to go through the pain of childbirth? Assuming her anatomy isn't like a human's and there's an umbilical cord to cut, that is...

Last but not least, I'm still ashamed they took the coward's way out with Merlin's burn scars. Just let it cover her whole mouth, you assholes! Her chin didn't kiss Escanor!!
Jun 27, 2021 5:36 AM

Mar 2019
The final episode surprisingly wasn't bad at all, with the Tristan part being really adorable. They really should've just cut ep21-23 out with the chaos bs that came out of nowhere. It's as if they lacked the content for the full 24 ep slots but had to come up with something desperately.
Jun 27, 2021 7:47 AM
Mar 2020
People are really posting farewell message, a fucking movie is coming, tbh these bastards producers continuing to shit on anime - Deen, Tv Tokyo, Sammy, VAP, Dentsu these are the worst combination of studio and producers. The anime ended after A1PICTURES dropped for me, it has become absolutely shit show. One of the worst artwork in anime history, frames are countable visually, it would be better if they just posted manga drawing with background music as anime, but it became worst ever work, and worst ever experience for me. I don't know why they chose to release a movie, while deen was already busy in anime, they could have released in the manga format for further story, but no, this shows how much shameless producers and studio Deen are, they want to make a lot of money through movie, after fucking with whole anime. I am so disappointed with these producers, all they care about is money, no quality at all. NNT is prime example where you can see how much Producers and studio can go low for money making with zero quality, just relying on popularity of series. I hope Netflix won't get the licence from these bastard Producers.
MintorockJun 27, 2021 7:50 AM
Jun 28, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending, very sweet and felt complete.
Jun 29, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2018
And as such, the legend of the Seven Deadly Sins comes to a close. I will miss this season, even with studio Deen fucking it up and all.

5/10
Jun 30, 2021 4:30 AM

Aug 2017
so would you say seven deadly sins is worth watching eventhough the last 2 seasons were complete garbage? I haven't watched a single episode of this and i am kinda interested in it and also thinking about buying the manga too.
Jun 30, 2021 5:23 AM

Dec 2008
I watched this mainly lovely work since season 1 it's been a great ride for the most part, but I thought that final season was kind of bad, many episodes were wasted on the Demon King, who wasn't even a well written character and afterwards they had to rush the other content in an unsatisfying way. Their have been too many end battles I really didn't care about anymore at that point.

Damn, I badly wanted to see the marriage of Diane and King :(
It's great that they added all the characters that played a role in the show and wrapped up their story in a good way. I didn't like the pacing of it at all.
Hawk reunited with it's brother was so good though.

a feministic remark... why did Meliodas and Ban decide about the babies name alone?
I honestly thought that was awkward.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2021 7:13 AM
Dec 2018
Finally, it ended. I'm thinking of not watching the final season but I feel guilty because I already watch all 3 seasons. Overall, it was bad especially the story it should be ended with 12-13 episodes but they dragged it and even kill Escanor because of that I don't feel anything about his death. The writing also becomes worse I remember it as being a good first season.
4/10. I'm still going to watch the upcoming movie anyway.
Jul 1, 2021 3:02 PM

May 2015
My favourite moment in this episode was realizing that the kid was in the ending animation all along, the conclusion wasn't bad in itself but the way we got here was a real mess.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.