Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Remi is so silly to watch in this finale.

They managed to make more time for Hori and Miyamura's character chemistry for this episode, something that has been a centerpiece of this show. After all this time, it looks like he has changed a lot as a person. Sakura is also starting to become more likable imo in this finale, even thanking Tooru for everything.

Overall, pretty entertaining anime imo. One of my favorites this season. 8/10.

Apr 3, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
Unexpectedly, it's Graduation Day...at the tail end of the manga's final chapters.

Interesinting from Miyamura's POV to paint a "What If" scenario if everything hadn't happened the way it is now.

Reminiscing the past for Miyamura, and giving thanks for all the entire cast have done.

But well, that's a finish to yet another loose adaptation.
KANLen09Apr 3, 2021 12:02 PM
Apr 3, 2021 9:22 AM

Oct 2017
Welp this ended as expected with their graduation. Watching all of them graduate kinda made me emotional. It was a short and nostalgic ride with HoriMiya anime as this was one of the first mangas I read and watching the earlier chapters animated made me feel really nostalgic.

They rushed the anime quite a lot but I'm not gonna say it was a bad adaptation. Infact it was pretty good and I liked it but can't help but feel anime only people missed out a lot. Specially Hori's parents story, Souta's story and some other important bits from earlier chapters. They almost completely erased the few dark vibes the manga had and made it into a happy go romcom which is not a bad thing but the manga handled the characterization way better.

Anyway props to Cloverworks for the great animation and visuals. Thanks to all the voice cast and other staffs for their amazing work. Special thanks to Haruka Tomatsu as her voice acting really nailed Hori's personality.

Manga ended a few weeks ago and now even the anime ended. This truly is the end for HoriMiya which kinda makes me feel sad. 7/10 for the anime from me.
Apr 3, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, so did they adapt the last chapter?
Apr 3, 2021 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
They skipped lots of chapters but the ending was heartwarming. I loved it so much.
Overall, this anime adaptation is very nice for me. I recommend the manga including Hori-san to Miyamura-kun to anime viewers. More profound and interesting. I missed this series from my heart.
Apr 3, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
welp rip hopes for 2nd season now (as if it wasn't obvious enough), unless they decide to make an entirely SoL season but given how fast as fuk they flew by this I think they just wanted to get all the plot points out of the way. Can't say the any% speedrun was a wise choice but eh, graduation scene was pretty nice Miyamura had a nice conclusion to his story. Though I honestly think skipping all the SoL content made this ep less impactful than it really was

overall, eh I'm a bit disappointed with this one. it was still enjoyable but could've been so much more lol. I know it gets memed a lot about all the filler, but those scenes are pretty important in getting to know the characters and their personalities, so pretty much skipping the majority of it dilutes things quite a bit. Really makes you appreciate adaptations like Kaguya-sama even more, which manage to balance the filler and plot development really well :P

but at least it's not the worst out there, for what it's worth the art style was great, the OST (when it's actually used that is) was pretty good and they did nail some scenes like Miyamura's past for instance.

alas, this truly is an example of go buy the manga promotion. sasuga indeed

why did they cut out best boi Watabe from most of it :(/10
Apr 3, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
Enjoyed it from start to finish. Gonna read the manga for sure.
Apr 3, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2018
Overall a pretty standard finale
_______I like rocks__
Apr 3, 2021 10:06 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
It's been one hell of a ride, but they have all finally graduated.

It was nice to see them develop as people along the way, especially Miyamura, like we saw this episode, doing a full 180 on his previous life.
Apr 3, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2017
Disappointing. It was never a masterpiece at first but I can't believe how bad the direction and pacing is during the second half. Random development for side characters that I don't care so much making Hori and Miyamura important scenes pretty shallow at the end. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 3, 2021 10:08 AM
May 2019
I kinda was hoping tooru would confess or something and did the little sister got into East high?? so many questions...Still loved every minute of it! I was too invested for that ending though.
Apr 3, 2021 10:08 AM
Nov 2020
annoyed that they skipped so many chapters and just skipped to the end, but eh, what can you do. 6/10 good manga, bad adaptation
ping pong
Apr 3, 2021 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
Beautiful and satisfying ending, I'll read the manga to see the parts that have been skipped 0.0
It could have been one of my favourite anime, but there were some very boring episodes in my opinion, despite that, I enjoyed it a lot and it's highly recommended (⌒▽⌒)♡
8/10
Apr 3, 2021 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was very emotional for a last episode, already graduation day though :(, it was great to hear Miyamura's monologues and how different his life could have been, I'll miss the characters from this show, too bad it was very rushed/skipped chapters because it could have been better but overall it was still a very enjoyable show to be honest, especially for a slice of life - soft romance one! 7/10 for me
Apr 3, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
I wasn’t expecting to see the final chapter today. This gotta be the fastest I’ve ever seen something adapted. Overall, they did a pretty good job with the episode. Would’ve been even better if they expanded on some of the characters’ endings unlike the manga’s final chapter.

For the show as a whole, I hate that so many chapters that fleshed side characters and Hori and Miyamura’s relationship out, so I can’t really give it the highest score. But the show was still really fun and beautiful to watch.
Apr 3, 2021 10:32 AM

Apr 2020
Final episode, I’m just gonna say my full thought of Horimiya since it’s finished. I really do think that Horimiya is kinda generic/cliche, it isn’t a bad thing for a anime to be generic if they’re clever about it, but for me I see none of that in Horimiya. I don’t hate Horimiya, I just think it’s overhyped a bit, I believe that they’re so many better anime out there that’s have the same trope than Horimiya. I’m gonna say it again, I do not think Horimiya is bad, I actually do find it refreshing seeing the generic trope in this anime again, but seeing it having half a million members and hearing people saying “This is the best anime adaptation ever!” And not to judge people taste, if you do enjoy Horimiya or love it, good for you I don’t have any problems with that. I just think that it doesn’t really deserve the spot, if that makes sense? No hate to the author too, I do think he is good at telling a story. I just think that Horimiya is kinda generic that other older anime uses before, and a bit overhyped. There is some stuff I do like about Horimiya, It’s very wholesome and heartwarming, and telling a story about a guy that used to be a loner, to having friends and a girlfriend, and even though I do find that kinda generic, it is nice to see the characters living their life normally. Overall my final thoughts, Horimiya is a 6/10, there some stuff I liked about it, but it’s not my favourite anime because I do believe that there’s other romcom anime out there that is better than Horimiya.
IssyBoyJun 27, 2022 9:37 AM
Nina supporter for life💕
Apr 3, 2021 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
very decent anime. But man no more Shu? he was funny and loud til the end xD that last part of miyamura and hori was cute too
Apr 3, 2021 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
One of the best episodes of the season and it was a fitting end to the series. This episode had the most accurate last day of school/graduation day feeling of anime anime that I have seen.

The whole “thinking about what could have happened” thing is pretty cliché and was the worst part of this episode, although I did like Miyamura letting go of his past self to fully commit to his future with Hori.

It’s a shame that so much of narrative was rushed because I feel like this could have been one of, if not the greatest romance anime series. It was still good, but looking at what could have been is disappointing.

Dec 2014
Fantastic finale. I guess this is the end then?

I suppose if life is a series of coincidences, in a way those series of coincidences could be called fate.

Miyamura sneezing at Sengoku's speech and Kyousuke showing up asking to take a picture with his son Miyamura was hilarious.

They skipped a lot of chapters and burnt through so much content in a single cour but everything they adapted was extremely well done, well directed and very compelling. I've always wanted to see what an anime adaptation of Horimiya would be like and they definitely exceeded any and all expectations I had with the exception of the pacing being too fast. However, I think because of the slice of life nature of the show, the skipped chapters don't matter too much. We do lose a lot of character interactions but oh well, can't have everything I guess. Anyway, I loved the manga and I love the anime too. Something about this show just clicks with me as a heartfelt, wholesome and fun. Big points for the art and the soundtrack too.

9/10, if you liked this I definitely recommend the manga so you read through all the skipped content.

Apr 2019
Really liked the first 3 or so episodes, it started to fall off for me. Solid series overall though.

Apr 3, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
Since Hori's dad is so hot, I kinda expect her brother to grown up hot too! He's just 5 years old in this anime, a little bit too young. Though there's an older version of him in manga.
Apr 3, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
Didn't expect Cloverworks to adapt the last chapter already, but I'm really glad they skipped all the omake stuff from the manga. Great anime and an even better adaptation. 9/10
Apr 3, 2021 10:41 AM

Jul 2020
Solid ending, reminiscing about the past but moving forward with conviction! Great series in all honesty, incredibly wholesome for the most part!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 3, 2021 10:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty great final episode, this. Certainly got a little teary-eyed too, the series in manga and anime format really is over. Prior to the announcement of the anime version, Horimiya was one of my top three "I wish this manga will get adapted one day." But there's still two more episodes from the other anime version, so here's to hoping those will be great too!

Seeing Miyamura finally see his past self eye-to-eye was quite touching. Didn't look a great high school life in that alternate universe, at least as compared to this. Fate, indeed. Also, the wind sure blows hard xD.

Kyousuke-san made it to the ceremony, brilliant lmao. We didn't get enough scenes of him, darn it. Seeing how the schoolgirls were gung-ho about him, I suppose it's a good thing Hori's mother wasn't around. Chapter 120-122 for better understanding, lol.

Trip together after finishing high school sounds like a great plan! Props to Remi.

Miyamura's sneezing, lmao. Poor Sengoku-san. Also, Hori's glare. Had it not been for father, things could've taken a different turn lol.

Moto-chan finally seeing her brother's high school colours xD. Quite the shock that must've been...

Final few moments with Miyamura's monologue was just the perfect send-off. Stay happy for the rest of your life, you baka-yarou. *weeps*

A lot of chapters were skipped, certain moments didn't hit as hard and pacing was a little on the accelerating mode, but this is still damn fantastic if you ask me. Cloverworks promised us good stuff with the 1st PV and they didn't let us down in the Animation Department right to the very end. Seeing the creator so grateful to the Staff really speaks volumes, doesn't it? Thanks from me too, of course.

Including moments from the skipped chapters in the final montage though, that's well played. Here's to hoping the final manga volume or so will flourish like the early days.

Solid 8/10. Considered upping to a 9/10 for a while but I think an 8's more accurate. I know I've been overflowing with positive remarks but, all in all, I'm still a little bit disappointed. Couldn't help but get my hopes high, you see.

MegamiRem said:
Hori's parents story, Souta's story and some other important bits from earlier chapters. They almost completely erased the few dark vibes the manga had and made it into a happy go romcom which is not a bad thing but the manga handled the characterization way better.

Amen. At the end of the day, 13 episodes to adapt the entire manga is a little too less. Had they included Souta and Hori's parents stories though, that would've been a great treat for us manga fans in particular. But oh well.

Going to be listening to this track for a very long time in particular indeed! Yokoyama Masaru-sensei, thank you very much for this wonderful piece and for the excellent soundtracks. Fruits Basket and now this, his work in these two shows have really stood out for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of his presence in the industry.
_MushiRock11_Apr 3, 2021 11:02 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2021 10:44 AM
Apr 2016
So... Yoshikawa has never properly confessed in the end, huh.

Oct 2020
This finale was pretty good! The visuals in this episode were great! This episode tied up the anime pretty well. The scenes with Hori and Miyamura were so cute! the screentime distribution among the characters was pretty nice. This series was overall pretty decent. I was hoping to see more of Hori and Miyamura's relationship throughout the episodes. Overall, a 7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2016
Guys, don't lie. If Horimiya had 2 cours into all the manga, you would find it boring since nothing happens in the manga. It's fine with a single cour full adaptation, no problem at all.
Apr 3, 2021 10:46 AM

Dec 2020
The anime ended???
I wanted more from the bottom of my heart but anyways it is one of the most pure and beautiful anime I've seen. I wish i could have a high-school life like them too. Miyamura's my husbando ofc but i want someone like him irl. I just wanttt a an anime life. The saddest trust is anime ain't reality and it hurts. The bond you develop with the characters without ant actual interaction with them (tho they don't exist hehe) is undoubtedly the best. I loved the anime and will always love it. :)
Apr 3, 2021 10:47 AM

Jun 2019
Loved it from the start till the end. I'm gonna miss this for sure. 8/10 for me. Gonna read the manga.
Apr 3, 2021 10:50 AM
Oct 2016
Thank you for shattering my reality. A perfect way to sum up how Hori came into Miyamura life by pure happenstance completely changing how he viewed the world. I loved how his finale gave a quick glimpse into how things could've gone if Miyamura never meet Sota that fateful day, never walked him home to Hori. The words that Miyamura said at the end of the finale perfectly captured what this show was all about. These past few months have been a treat to see Horimiya animated. We got to meet a bunch of great characters whom are all fleshed out and given ample screen time to have us invested in them. We had more than a couple love polygons thrown around adding to the drama of the characters being high school students figuring out who they want to be in life. I loved how much internal struggle we got to see from so many of the characters. They all pretty much had problems to deal with and reconcile against.

While we had a great ensemble piece the main dynamic between with Hori and Miyamura sold the show imo. Those two are an absolute joy to see on screen together. From their first meeting to their graduation, every moment filled my heart. Two people whom are just meant for one another. It makes me happy to have seen this anime and sad to have it end. But we got a great one so I won't complain much. Even with the chapter skipping around this show delivered on being one of the best romcom stories in anime and manga. Filled with great characters, funny moments, wholesome interactions, and relatable struggles.

95/100
Apr 3, 2021 10:52 AM

Apr 2020
They really did a speedrun for this adaptation huh
Anyways, this was a great show with even a greater start but all in all- WTF is that outfit

Rest in Peace to Hori's tiddies
asapabriApr 3, 2021 11:01 AM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Apr 3, 2021 10:52 AM
Oct 2016
Nurguburu said:
Disappointing. It was never a masterpiece at first but I can't believe how bad the direction and pacing is during the second half. Random development for side characters that I don't care so much making Hori and Miyamura important scenes pretty shallow at the end. 4/10 for the anime.

If you didn't care about the side characters that's on you. Theyre great
Apr 3, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2020
The ending was good. I really enjoy this anime. Sad to say goodbye in this series.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10 it's not that great but it's not that bad
Oct 2020
I'll admit I started to lose interest later on but overall the show and the ending was pretty decent.

Dec 2016
Really nice finale that does ties most loose ends on all the characters that surround Horie & Miyamura's life. Overall quite an enjoyable Romance/SOL despite the chapters that had to be left out in order to fit everything in just 13 episodes. Miyamura's introspection is quite a nice touch that very few shows manage to pull without feeling just overbearing or pretencious.
Apr 3, 2021 11:03 AM
Aug 2020
It did fall apart a little in the second half, but at the end of the day I still enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2021 11:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Graduation huh. A tense time for students thats for sure. Sakura's personality really makes her the mom of the student council. Drifting apart after graduation is always something thats bound to happen though. The insight into how they all were before they met and become friends though was pretty insightful. Miyamura's sneeze really served to upset Sengoku's prep though. The convo between Miyamura and his past self was a nice touch and showed well just how much had changed in his life. Even though things didn't work out for them its nice to see Tooru and Sakura part on good terms. A beautiful end to such an excellent series that combined excellent heartfelt emotions with comedy with the backdrop of the graduation adding an extra punch to it as well. The ending visuals was soo nice. One of the best of last season for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2021 11:07 AM
Nov 2020
Nurguburu said:
I'm with you on this one. At the beginning it looked really promising, but they have ruined it with boring plot after they end up together, too many side characters to develop in a couple of episodes. Also, she is just a jealous girlfriend with weird fetish and I don't really get it what does he sees in her. And also he was much more interesting until he blended completely phisically and mentally.

Apr 3, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
Nice ending. This has become probably my favourite romance series of all time! I just love the art style, the OST, and the story. I love Kyoko so much, I love her with Izumi, and I love many of the side characters!

My only complaint is that it was too short. After reading a lot of people's comments on this thread, I see that they skipped a lot of chapters. I would've loved for this series to have run for 2 cours or maybe end mid-way through the manga in season 1 so we could have a second season. I just want to see more of this! I'm actually really sad that what we get, which was still amazing, was not the full potential of what this could've been. As some others have said on this thread, it could've been one of the best romance anime.

I really, really, really, really, really want to give this a 10/10. But the problem was simply that it was too short. There was so much potential that we'll NEVER get to see. How would we ever get another adaptation of this? And even if we did, it wouldn't be THIS adaptation, and that for me is the saddest thing about this. I haven't fallen in love so much with a series like this for quite some time. This anime, even with its flaws and its lost potential, has already shot up so high in my personal favourites list.

I still don't know whether to give this a 9, or a 10. But it's definitely not the best version of the series that could've been. To see what could've been, I'm definitely reading the manga.

I'm so sad that this has ended. I wish I could wait for more episodes next week, but there isn't anymore... I'm going to miss seeing Kyoko and Izumi, Yuki, Tooru, Remi, Kyoko's family.

Thank you, CloverWorks, for this amazing adaptation. One of the best animes I've seen and one that'll stay in my heart for a long time.
Apr 3, 2021 11:12 AM
Mar 2019
MegamiRem said:
Welp this ended as expected with their graduation. Watching all of them graduate kinda made me emotional. It was a short and nostalgic ride with HoriMiya anime as this was one of the first mangas I read and watching the earlier chapters animated made me feel really nostalgic.

They rushed the anime quite a lot but I'm not gonna say it was a bad adaptation. Infact it was pretty good and I liked it but can't help but feel anime only people missed out a lot. Specially Hori's parents story, Souta's story and some other important bits from earlier chapters. They almost completely erased the few dark vibes the manga had and made it into a happy go romcom which is not a bad thing but the manga handled the characterization way better.

Anyway props to Cloverworks for the great animation and visuals. Thanks to all the voice cast and other staffs for their amazing work. Special thanks to Haruka Tomatsu as her voice acting really nailed Hori's personality.

Manga ended a few weeks ago and now even the anime ended. This truly is the end for HoriMiya which kinda makes me feel sad. 7/10 for the anime from me.

Do you know the name of the mabga of the brother? someone told me exist a manga about him
Apr 3, 2021 11:17 AM
Feb 2021
Miyamura reminiscing about his past self made this episode and the ending more sentimental. The last few scenes of Hori and Miyamura really showed his genuine love for her. Also lover every characters and their respective stories. I'm hoping for an OVA atleast. Probably my favorite episode of the series.
Apr 3, 2021 11:18 AM
Oct 2016
a perfect couple, perfect for each other

Apr 3, 2021 11:18 AM

Sep 2019
Graduation episodes are always sad :(

Watching the adaptation of an episode that I read less than a month ago felt weird lol. Yes, they skipped a lot of stuff but I liked Horimiya nevertheless. I already liked the characters. The visuals were absolutely beautiful, soundtrack was good and the OP was great.
Apr 3, 2021 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
They really hit the mark with the final episode. My opinion one of the best final episodes of the season. It was beautiful! From Miyamura dwelling on the past to the interactions after graduating even to the final scene between Hori and Miyamura. Delightful and enchanting!

Even if Cloverworks skipped more than a handful of chapters. I still enjoyed Horimiya from start to finish.
Apr 3, 2021 11:20 AM
Aug 2020
it was very fast paced but it was done very well

i got a bit emotional myself lmao
im gonna go read the manga for this now, i wanna see what i missed

8/10 from me :)
Apr 3, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2018
I really enjoyed this series BUT overall its rushed. I have not read the manga and I can easily tell the pace is travelling at the speed of light.

For example, one couple confess in one episode and the next episode, it was like they made up or something occured in between. In other words, Nothing happened.

Hopefully in future there is something that can address and maybe do a sequel or alternative.

I am sure this series is popular so why was it rushed , when most would rather wait for few seasons to be released.
If I am being honest, This anime could of easily gain a 10/10 but the anime adaption is rushed and therefore I hae to rate a 8/10.
-Miku_Meister-Apr 3, 2021 11:24 AM

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Apr 3, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2018
That's all folks...rush or not.
Apr 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
The final episode of Horimiya and we have the graduation. I feel really sad now that this is over. :(
Miyamura sneezing before Sengoku started his speech was funny. And so was the chase afterward.

I feel bad for Sakura but she is a strong girl and I really like her. She also the "mother" of the Student Council.

Motoko seeing her brother's other personality was funny.

Overall a wonderful episode to warp up the series. It doesn't look like it will get a second season so I'll finish off reading the manga. 7/10 for this adaptation,
LeoApr 3, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 3, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2020
Kinda sad its over I really liked it because unlike most romcoms the characters were actually in a relationship, not the MC confessing second to last episode
Apr 3, 2021 11:25 AM
Jan 2019
Hebi_op said:
Guys, don't lie. If Horimiya had 2 cours into all the manga, you would find it boring since nothing happens in the manga. It's fine with a single cour full adaptation, no problem at all.

I agree. I had no problems with the adaptation. The adapted all the relevant chapters and did it amazingly. Although, i did still enjoy the 2nd half of the manga
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.