Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 20, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
pretty interesting episode and cool development for iura and his sister. lots of funny moments and stuff as usual too
Mar 20, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
Oh, now I'm confused, like, seriously, Now everyone suddenly knows Yanagi and acts very friendly with him when they barely knew him, let alone whatever happened between him and Izumi, which, frankly I can't remember what happened between them.

Now Honoka suddenly gets shoved back into the story after being left forgotten for episodes and seems like her is trying to be more open to males (?????) Not just that, seems like she's partially interested in Iura, and on top of that, we also got backstory from Iura and his younger sister which is now suddenly showed here.

What is it with this anime way of introducing characters and characters arc like this? there is no sense of direction, things are happening randomly in disorder, one scene you have 2 characters, then you have other 2 characters there, then it switches back... excuse me but what the fuck is going on at Cloverworks?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
Sawada was cute today, love how she still clings to Miyamura like a big brother.. at school no less.

Honestly didn't mind the sibling relationship being shown here, however... In no circumstance should a teacher laugh at your grades, especially when you put so much effort into it. That somehow pissed me off. Can't blame Iura for feeling the same way.

I do miss the Hori x Miyamura moments, they are only declining..
Mar 20, 2021 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
I feel like this episode was a total waste of my time. Whats happened to this show? Everything just felt trivial this week, also far to many male side characters being introduced with little distinction except hairstyles. It feels like the series will fade out at this point.
Mar 20, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2016
Shun is an example of a good brother to his sister, but it's funny that his sister doesn't know her brother's behavior outside the house hahaha.
Mar 20, 2021 4:03 PM
Apr 2020
Toru wanna know why Akane is casual with Yuki, jealous? lol

Tsundere blushing af Izumi thinking that Akane will steal his close friends is cute. lmao

So Sawada and Shu are the pairs, kinda total opposite but they might work. Shu's personality is really different when he's at school (extremely loud) and when he's at home (timid and cool). Nevertheless, he's a really good brother for cheering up her sister. Teachers shouldn't laugh because of their students' grades, that's so wrong in many levels.

Mar 20, 2021 4:17 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was fucking boring, man I hate the filler-ish side of this series with a burning passion.
Mar 20, 2021 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
iura really and a nice people, I'm enjoying the focus on other characters.
Mar 20, 2021 4:42 PM
Mar 2020
I personally disliked episode 11. I thought the series as a whole was really great up till sometime within the past couple episodes as it began to fall off. Its great that they want to get into the different side characters, but its a little rough when we have this great story between Hori and Miyamura that I would like to see flushed out over 12 episodes, but then we have ten side characters that are all probably great, but we're trying to get in-depth over them.

That thought aside, I didn't like this episode because of its first half. I understand that they were trying to better establish Iura before going into the relationship with his sister, but I feel the episode's feel and pacing could've gone better. I haven't read the manga although I hope to one day, but the first half of this episode felt like a bunch of random shorts put together in a sequence just because they involved Iura. They felt random and were all separated by the snowflakes image, but it just didn't feel like a good episode flow. I still enjoyed the second half quite a bit though.
Mar 20, 2021 6:04 PM
Jan 2021
I wanted to see more romance but for like 2 3 ep it's just side story. I don't hate it but I am more into romance
Mar 20, 2021 6:20 PM
Mar 2021
I think it was a nice episode, i like how Iura wasn’t sugarcoating his sister when she felt sad but he wasn’t giving up on her either. I like this anime, it’s like a breather from all my other anime that tend to stress me out 😅
Mar 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Dec 2015
The show was rising in quality in the last 3 episodes and it was almost sure for me to give an 8/10. But man, that was pretty mediocre. Please, don't ruin it now since it's almost in the end
Mar 20, 2021 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
I love how they let other character's shine and their not just there to be extras in hori and miyamura's story.
Mar 20, 2021 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
This was weird episode... or should I say the part A was really weird, almost like done by completely different studio.
I didn't enjoy the forced comedy at all. Also, it felt kinda random.

The part B on the other hand was pretty good again and getting to know Yanagi's little sister was good thing. She won't be probably joining the cast though as they are all in third year already. But I still hope for her success, not for Higashi but for their school, let's hope Hori's tutoring works (kinda wonder why she hesitated a bit before she entered her own room though, did she wanted to have own nii-san too?)

Funny thing though, we are at volume 13 of the manga, already.
Mar 20, 2021 6:52 PM

Mar 2020
this anime is really good at bringing the characters alive, they're not one dimensional at all. In fact, they feel like people that we meet everyday. amazing episode

Mar 20, 2021 6:54 PM

Sep 2018
What was with that all that gay tension at the beginning? Pathetic bait lol

This episode felt so out of please as well, it's like I was watching some stupid attempt at a gag comedy lol... This show is all over the place
Mar 20, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
i am simply just puzzled by the direction as a anime only beating the same dead horse about the pacing but we legit time traveled in the span of 2 episodes that made the most of the episode such a mess to watch ,for starters i was like wait whose Shu oh you mean the loud dude that's been in the background this whole season why is the pretty boy way closer to everyone now? ,our girl Sakura is totally fine and genki which is great but we saw her in such a bad state only a week ago but it turns out by the snow image cuts we've gone from spring to winter?!

also Sawada exist if you forgot about her one time appearance
Mar 20, 2021 7:24 PM
Mar 2021
I miss the cute moments between miyamura and hori but I don’t mind learning the side characters
Mar 20, 2021 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Jeez, the comedic timing during the first half was totally atrocious.

Second half was slightly better but seriously, Shuu was around since the beginning of the show and now they decide to introduce his character properly? Honestly, way too late for me to even care about him and his newfound little sister. Which is a real shame since their bond could have been handled way better if we knew they existed beforehand.
Mar 20, 2021 8:03 PM
Sep 2020
Honestly forgot about the green haired dude until this episode. Seems that he has no impact to the story so far, and he's supposed to be funny? Would've been better if they show it rather than tell.

I think they shot themselves on the foot here, they introduced so many characters that there's no room for character interactions, only character development. And they're both important because you don't care about character development if you don't see them interacting with another character.

Honestly feel it would've been better if they just removed some of the side characters.
Mar 20, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
I thought it was aight. It was cool seeing more of Yanagi and iura and seeing them get further developed. I still don't really like Sawada much but oh well

Mar 20, 2021 8:38 PM

Aug 2020
Wow this episode was great. Honoka has become more friendly to Miyamura .
Shuu is a surprisingly a very good brother.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 20, 2021 8:55 PM

Aug 2017
Are they going to return to Sawada subplot before the anime ends? It could be used in this episode with the brother-sister relationship but they forgot. What a waste of content lol.
NurguburuMar 20, 2021 8:59 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2021 9:06 PM
Mar 2021
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Mar 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode! This time the focus is Iura and his sister, which i am glad that they show other characters besides the mc.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 20, 2021 9:39 PM
Aug 2020
Now this is the kind of episode that justifies the high rating I mean they showed all the characters and also gave good screen time to hori and miyamura even though not as a couple but their individual interactions were very heart warming. Loved to see sawada back and imo lura and lil sisters story is the best out of all the side characters.
When he said that he would beat the shit out of the teacher was a pretty powerful scene to be honest and we've got hori back in top form the way she talked to Lura's sister made me remember that she's the best older sister a person can have and not a masochistic overly protective rage monster(not insulting Hori is fire)
Mar 20, 2021 9:44 PM

Jun 2020
Yanagin ♡__________♡

I love the trio when they are together, Tooru, Miyamura & Sengoku!!!! It’s a pity they didn’t animate their weird dreams trolllolol I have given up hope waiting for that.

I think they adapted Shuu’s & his sister’s chapters really well. What a good brother who cares so much for her♡ I love how he is so different towards her.

I was hoping they would adapt the school festival/sports arc but seeing as how far ahead they are....hmmm. I wonder what else they are going to include & how exactly are they going to end the anime.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 20, 2021 10:00 PM
Dec 2020
Finally Iura dude got some screen time also he’s funny and talks a shit ton 🤣. This episode had mini plot points but nothing too majorly other then Iuras time. I just want some more Hori and Miya Intimate Time.
Mar 20, 2021 10:04 PM
Jan 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
This was probably the worst episode of the season so far.

It felt like they were really trying to stretch out the content of this episode by having unnaturally long pauses during and after dialouge, as well as inserting a couple seconds of snow imagery between scenes.

I don’t hate that we got an episode focusing on Shuu and his sister instead of Hori & Miyamura. However, it feels out of place this far into the season for a character that hardly had any screentime so far.
I definitely disagree I think one thing this anime does that most other romance animes don't is expanding upon the stories of the side characters. This show in my opinion has one of the best showings of all of the supporting cast and the show itself is about Miyamura and Hori's relationship but it differentiates itself from other romances by going so far in depth into these side characters. If you are looking for another romance that is only about the single relationship between the main two characters then this show is not for you.
Mar 20, 2021 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
A wide ranging discussion about names, siblings, and studying
Mar 20, 2021 10:32 PM

Jun 2019
ColinMcQ said:
Blue_Maroon said:
This was probably the worst episode of the season so far.

It felt like they were really trying to stretch out the content of this episode by having unnaturally long pauses during and after dialouge, as well as inserting a couple seconds of snow imagery between scenes.

I don’t hate that we got an episode focusing on Shuu and his sister instead of Hori & Miyamura. However, it feels out of place this far into the season for a character that hardly had any screentime so far.
I definitely disagree I think one thing this anime does that most other romance animes don't is expanding upon the stories of the side characters. This show in my opinion has one of the best showings of all of the supporting cast and the show itself is about Miyamura and Hori's relationship but it differentiates itself from other romances by going so far in depth into these side characters. If you are looking for another romance that is only about the single relationship between the main two characters then this show is not for you.

I actually do enjoy the side characters in this series, my issue isn’t that this anime gives them their own stories. My issue is that this anime bounces around too much and doesn’t maintain a main core. Getting all of this side character development would be much better if they occurred around the Hori and Miyamura relationship, instead of getting a bunch of Hori & Miyamura episodes to start and then pumping out episodes focusing on side characters.

This makes the anime feel like it lacks a sense of direction and does a disservice to the side characters that had an episode the previous week, because their problems and revelations are forgotten in the next episode.

For example, after Yuki’s big episode last week she isn’t even seen in this episode and instead we get an episode about a side character that has barely had any lines when the season is almost completed. It would have been better if the side character’s stories came naturally as we follow Hori & Miyamura’s relationship.

This would require more than 13 episodes, but the side character’s stories would be more compelling because we would be more familiar with them and they could get their chances to shine instead of just getting a highlight reel episode.
Mar 20, 2021 10:37 PM
Jan 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
ColinMcQ said:

I actually do enjoy the side characters in this series, my issue isn’t that this anime gives them their own stories. My issue is that this anime bounces around too much and doesn’t maintain a main core. Getting all of this side character development would be much better if they occurred around the Hori and Miyamura relationship, instead of getting a bunch of Hori & Miyamura episodes to start and then pumping out episodes focusing on side characters.

This makes the anime feel like it lacks a sense of direction and does a disservice to the side characters that had an episode the previous week, because their problems and revelations are forgotten in the next episode.

For example, after Yuki’s big episode last week she isn’t even seen in this episode and instead we get an episode about a side character that has barely had any lines when the season is almost completed. It would have been better if the side character’s stories came naturally as we follow Hori & Miyamura’s relationship.

This would require more than 13 episodes, but the side character’s stories would be more compelling because we would be more familiar with them and they could get their chances to shine instead of just getting a highlight reel episode.
Yeah i can understand that they should push the stories of Miyamura and Hori within these backstories and development of the supporting cast. And also revisit all of the other characters and not just instantly forget about them.
Mar 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Aug 2017
2/5 episode, kinda boring. Haven't been enjoying this show much for a while. I only like the green and pink haired girls lately. Oh I like Sawada too.

Crashmatt said:
I feel like this episode was a total waste of my time. Whats happened to this show? Everything just felt trivial this week, also far to many male side characters being introduced with little distinction except hairstyles. It feels like the series will fade out at this point.
Yup I agree. Lots of generic guys.

axel360 said:
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.
Yup it's no fun anymore. Waiting to finish it up.
CarbonMDMar 20, 2021 10:50 PM
Mar 20, 2021 11:02 PM
Jan 2021
axel360 said:
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.
could not have described it any better. They got together in the 4th episode and from then on it just lost the excitement.
Mar 20, 2021 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
Little bit boring epispde.
Mar 20, 2021 11:15 PM
Jan 2021
At this point, it just feels like this show is mindless nonsense. I mean is there even a plot? Or a story? Or anything at all? Like, last week we had an episode about Toru and Yuki's relationship and this week we have story about a side character that nobody remembers? Also, what happened to that guy who was Miyamura's enemy but then became his friend? For the future, I suggest people just watch the first 4 episodes cause after that this show is a mess.
Mar 20, 2021 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Dukino said:
axel360 said:

No not at all. The character writing is still amazing and leagues better than most shows this season
lol how is this show better than most series this season, they're skipping lot of the chapters and speed running it.the show was good until ep 4, everything after is downhill
Mar 20, 2021 11:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Frick yes, another anime that does the little sister RIGHT. And by “right” I basically mean not overly annoying lol. If you want an example just look back at the beginning of the episode to see what hori’s expectation was of shuu’s sister and there you have it. Basic imouto. Only other anime that immediately comes to mind is kaguya sama

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 21, 2021 12:13 AM

Feb 2014
Ah Motoko-chan is finally here. She's been here for only one episode but if anyone displeases her I'll punch em. PROTECC her.

The Iura siblings had their own way of expressing familial love. Hope they get more scenes. Especially the Motoko-chan's friend arc.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 21, 2021 1:16 AM

Dec 2020
nice episode !! idt it was great but it wasn't bad either. we only have 2 eps left and that didnt rly looked like an ep where its near an end so i hope the ending isnt rushed D:
Mar 21, 2021 1:30 AM
Jun 2020
axel360 said:
welcome to the club
Mar 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Aug 2020
Im just happy to see shun get heavily involved in this ep. felt like he was an afterthought for the majority of the season

Mar 21, 2021 2:01 AM
Feb 2021
This series is getting boring tbh it not as focused on hori and miyamura anymore
Mar 21, 2021 2:28 AM

Mar 2012
Where did the green haired guy come from, did I miss some episode in between? Can't remember him at all.
Mar 21, 2021 2:58 AM
Jan 2021
This was a really cute episode, I rlly liked it. I just think the writers or whatever are trying to mush everything into 13 episodes instead of letting things flow. The way things are going with that is making me think that there might not be a second season which I’m very disappointed about because I rlly wanted a season 2. I also, would like to see more of hori and miyamura. Like this show is about them and u see very little of them together now that we’re getting closer to the end of the season.
Mar 21, 2021 3:00 AM
Jan 2021
I just
babygirllmoe said:
This was a really cute episode, I rlly liked it. I just think the writers or whatever are trying to mush everything into 13 episodes instead of letting things flow. The way things are going with that is making me think that there might not be a second season which I’m very disappointed about because I rlly wanted a season 2. I also, would like to see more of hori and miyamura. Like this show is about them and u see very little of them together now that we’re getting closer to the end of the season.
I also wish the writers would stay on track with the manga, because the are leaving out WAAAAAY too many things :/
Mar 21, 2021 3:05 AM

May 2015
Feeding Sawada was 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 21, 2021 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
Sawada was there, so it was pretty cool.
Mar 21, 2021 3:16 AM

Jan 2021
I think they just skipped the Kitahara part
Mar 21, 2021 4:40 AM
Jul 2020
Liked how it showed the academic pressures of school life and how mentally challenging it can be
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.