Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Honoka is back although she is on better terms with Miyamura compared to her debut appearance.

Also pretty interesting we got to see more Shuu and relationship with his sister. I also find it interesting that his personality at home is very different compared to school, where is a lot more energetic. Quite an emotional scene between the two siblings imo.

Mar 20, 2021 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Iura is really good man despite too loud. Because he cherish his "friends" including his sister. Honoka is very cute girl btw.
This episode was mix of hilarious comedic moments and Iura family's strong bonds. The most important thing for living is human.
Mar 20, 2021 10:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That discussion about sisters and brothers at the beginning was pretty fun xD sure it's not surprising that some act differently at school than at home
The part with the names was cool but I can't really relate , the Japanese society is too different xD
Sawada is really cute, too bad that the moments with her are too short, I would like to see her more to be honest.
Poor little sister :/ she's working hard to get into that school, at least now she has Hori-sensei
Mar 20, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2020
Finally...Shuu content is great content #MotokoSimp

Tsundere Miyamura ain't too bad either๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ฉ

With the recent side-character-focused mundane episodes, I gotta say that this series doesn't hit the same no mo but it's still fine tho and wtf was going on with these icy transitions this episode lmao
asapabriMar 20, 2021 11:08 AM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Mar 20, 2021 10:34 AM

Jun 2019
Sawada is just so adorable. Also, got to know about Shu's family and his little sister. Loved their relation. It was so precious.
A little bit of laughter and a bit of emotion doesn't hurt anyone. Great episode btw.
Mar 20, 2021 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
Once again, like a broken record: we've skipped a huge chunk of chapters, not like it's unknown at this point.

Shifting the focus to yet another character: Shu Iura, and he's quite the loud and outgoing person to getting Yanagi to open up his shyness...and from thereon, it's all guys' talk of first names for a start by being casual. Yanagi Akane sure makes a tsundere out of Miyamura, and their back-and-forth banter is a lil' funny.

Honoka is back...but at least unlike the last time of first impressions gone wrong, trying to open up to the rest takes a matter of time...and learn some constraint, Iura (to which he did by being silent in front of her, FOR A MOMENT). He's quite the detractive character.

Pretty interesting that Iura's and his family's backstory is painted in the same monotone-sepia feeling of unnerving nervousness, and exuding the older brother protection of a family with his younger sister Motoko under one roof. Such as a simple request of tutoring on Hori's part to help Motoko in her studies, it's heartening to see Hori, Miyamura and Souta supporting her.

Be a better human, love one another.
Mar 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
Finally! One of my more anticipated chapters. Love seeing Shuu get some shine and his little sister. I think the moment when she just breaks down because she’s lost and doesn’t know what to do in terms of school was really sweet. Her seiyuu did an amazing job of providing emotion in that scene. In general the episode was, as usual, a really wholesome and sweet ride.

Final chapter out and only two more eps to go, the journey is coming to a glorious finale ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Mar 20, 2021 10:40 AM
Feb 2021
It was nice to see sawada this episode. But im pretty sure Hori and Miyamura had no dialogue with eachother at all, like are they even a couple anymore ? Jeez, you would think there relationship would be explored more in one of the last few episodes
Mar 20, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2020
Guess this episodes lessons was a little communication goes a long way
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 20, 2021 10:48 AM

Feb 2018
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 20, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2015
I don't remember seeing this boisterous green haired dude in the series before, so it was not easy for me to care about him and his sister. The first few episodes were pretty good but it has been getting less and less interesting with every episode for a while.
IshitatesoMar 20, 2021 11:31 AM
Mar 20, 2021 10:54 AM
Oct 2016
The most we've see of Iura so far in the show with this episode. He's definitely been one of the lesser seen background characters thus far but now we get his character fleshed out more. We meet his little sister in this episode, see him interact with Sawada, and be part of the main friend group more. I laughed a bunch at the beginning too with Yanagi being formal while a beyond tried to break him out of it. Its obvious who he's casual with only Yuki but funny to see. Toru is onto him. Iura coming to help Sawada after scaring her before was sweet, his sore throat making him not be his usual loud self around her so she finally saw how nice he can be. Absolutely loved the scene with Iura little sister Motoko feeling down about her teacher laughing at her wanting to go to that certain high school so Iura said he would punch his lights out. Thats a good big brother right there, it may seem like they hate each other but that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Mar 20, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Sawada is incredibly cute today.

Mar 20, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2016
axel360 said:
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.

No not at all. The character writing is still amazing and leagues better than most shows this season
Mar 20, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2016
Ishitateso said:
I don't remember seeing this boisterous green haired dude in the series before, so it was not easy for me to care about him and his sister. The first few episodes was pretty good but it has been getting less and less interesting with every episode for a while.

He's been there you're just blind apparently
Mar 20, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
At first I thought why this episode editing is so different from others, now I understand why, to introduce Iura character, which has different mindset than others. He may seems unreliable and disconnected (or as the anime say "timing") at first, but he's a good brother.
Mar 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Loved this episode.

It is great seeing more of Sawada. She's trying hard to overcome her fears but Shuu isn't helping. XD

The second half with Shuu and his sister Motoko was great. Got really emotional when Motoko was crying, seeing no results despite all the effort she puts in. I agree with Shuu, even I would punch that teacher.
And the wish they made at the end, not wanting the other to hate them was heartwarming.

Mar 20, 2021 11:10 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Yanagin! Bye bye!
Mar 20, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
Shuu is one hell of a character. He embodies different personalities. From ones perspective he is this cheerful, funny and happy go lucky guy. From another point of view, his sisters he is the complete opposite.
Mar 20, 2021 11:19 AM

Jun 2019
This was probably the worst episode of the season so far.

It felt like they were really trying to stretch out the content of this episode by having unnaturally long pauses during and after dialouge, as well as inserting a couple seconds of snow imagery between scenes.

I don’t hate that we got an episode focusing on Shuu and his sister instead of Hori & Miyamura. However, it feels out of place this far into the season for a character that hardly had any screentime so far.
Mar 20, 2021 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Very boring. Enjoyed every episode up until now. And there were waaaay too many "stupid faces" (for the lack of better word) scenes it got annoying really fast
Mar 20, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2015
The characters other than the 4 are legit forgettable. Totally forgot about Sawada if she doesn’t appear on this episode. Also, was like who’s this green hair dude again? Oh right the one who only seen interacting with Ishikawa.

But this episode made it looks like everyone knows each other well enough already, which means a large portion of the source material is probably skipped.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 20, 2021 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
shu when he at school and then when he is at home are hilariously different.I wonder why he is so loud at schooll xD but he is a great brother, i will give him that. He lowkey becoming my favorite character. so far it's sakura, yanagi, sengoku and shu.
Mar 20, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2019
Ishitateso said:
I don't remember seeing this boisterous green haired dude in the series before, so it was not easy for me to care about him and his sister. The first few episodes was pretty good but it has been getting less and less interesting with every episode for a while.

He has been there, but he hasn’t been very prominent. He definitely had more lines in this single episode than he had in the entire series so far.

I agree with you that it has been falling off a bit recently. The structure of the series in general is pretty sporatic, with Hori & Miyamura’s relationship being the glue that connected the episodes. But with these recent episodes, the focus has shifted to the other characters instead of the couple that drew us in, making the recent episodes feel a little underwhelming.
Mar 20, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
yay finally iura's episode. i really like him. i like this episode so much. the relationship between the siblings is just so good at the end. iura is such a good brother.

miyamura is being a brother to sawada-san. sawada san is so cute though. she was afraid of iura lmao this is funny.

overall, a good episode. loved it.
Mar 20, 2021 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
I wasn't enjoying the first half much, but the second one was just incredible. Iura's a very fine addition to the series - he's multifaceted and refreshing once you see his demeanor at home.
Mar 20, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
axel360 said:

BinaryFinary said:
Very boring. Enjoyed every episode up until now. And there were waaaay too many "stupid faces" (for the lack of better word) scenes it got annoying really fast

Same, the last 2-3 episodes are boring for me. Especially 10th episode is very bad.
they more focused on dialogues than events in last episodes
Mar 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Remi trying to get Yanagi say Bye-Bye was very cute.

Sawada's scene were cute too.

I quite liked the focus on Shu and how different he is between school and home. What chapter are we on right now? I can't help but feel they skipped way too many chapters that help establish our group of characters.
Mar 20, 2021 11:46 AM
Feb 2021
Great to see Sawada again and development on Iura's lil sister. I think this is a great fresh episode since the last few episodes people started to have mix feelings on horimiya.

And is just me or the soundtracks just getting better and better XD

Damn, im curious how they're gonna end this series.

Plus: Horimiya manga is finally ended, what a great journey for it.
Mar 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
This kind of episode needed to happen way earlier in the season.
We got to see a little bit of every character.

Yet we've already gone through most of the character development for them, so getting to know them now doesn't serve much of a purpose.
And it sucks because I did enjoy the episode quite a bit. But when you look at it relative to the whole season, there's no reason for it to be at the end.

I get that it has to follow the source material, but I think in an ideal world, the side character moments should have been interjected among the Hori and Miyamura moments. That way, the various characters could receive consistent attention throughout the season while the actual relationship development is saved for the end.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Mar 20, 2021 11:54 AM
Mar 2021
I was cool to see Sawada again.
Finally we got Iura Shuu introduced his back story and his sister (yee! New characters).
I just love that it's not only the story of Horimiya, but also their side characters.
Mar 20, 2021 11:55 AM

Oct 2020
Another episode where we have the spotlight on supporting characters! Yanagi got some screentime. Sawada was so cute! We got to explore the relationship between Shuu and his sister. It was surprising to see Shuu act like an actual brother. 2 more episodes left!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2021 11:57 AM

Sep 2019
Miyamura's "baka" was cute. Sawada was really cute as well.

I really liked their Shuu's brother-sister relationship. He's really supportive and is ready to anything for her. His sister also likes his brother and doesn't want him to hate her, though she doesn't really show it lol.
Mar 20, 2021 11:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yanagi's formal to a fault though. Remi was impressive in being able to maintain her composure. It was so amusing seeing Akane and Miyamura buddy up though. But after so long of being so formal with everyone else in class its nice to have close friends for once. Honoka and Miyamura seem to have become quite good friends. Though Iura and Honoka's first encounter was a bad one at least their subsequent one at the science lab went better. Guess her phobia's with loud males rather than all. Though Iura may lack in tact when interacting with others his care for his siblings is very much real. Even though the relationship between Shuu and Motoko aren't close there's still plenty of love between them as siblings. Overall a pretty fun ep that did well to finally give some much needed expansion of Shuu via the intro of his sister and the tense relationship that exists between them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2020
axel360 said:
definitely agree the comedy feels forced now

Mar 20, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2020
"Akane, you baka!"
Miyamura tsundere mode on.

Iura's definitely the loudest in the group, and he can often be annoying. But he does have a good heart. This episode just showed how much he cares for his little sister.
Mar 20, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
axel360 said:

Felt the same way when reading the manga. Not that it is necessarily "bad" but it just feels completely swapped from a romantic drama with some comedy to a full slice of life. I do feel bad for manga readers that would read monthly and wait literally years for any actual development.
Mar 20, 2021 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
They keep developing secondary characters, which I like, but I'd like a bit more of Hori and Miyamura
Finally Sawada appears again, now that I notice, she has a strange resemblance to Mai, from Bunny girl senpai โ”('๏ฝž`;)โ”Œ
Mar 20, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
i love the way they portrayed lura’s character:)
Mar 20, 2021 12:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Icknaua said:
axel360 said:

BinaryFinary said:

Same, the last 2-3 episodes are boring for me. Especially 10th episode is very bad.
they more focused on dialogues than events in last episodes

And that was why I ended up putting the manga on hold. We start getting more and more characters and they all talk a lot and have a lot of shenanigans together, but things kinda stop happening and the lack of focus on our MC's becomes frustrating.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 20, 2021 12:27 PM

Sep 2020
Man I love this guy, he was really fun to watch this episode and he was super cool. I'm glad we finally got to see more of him and it took up most of the episode (other characters time to shine have felt a little rushed). I'm also happy to see those previous characters all interacting with each other and slowly getting along, like Sakura and Honoka.

Mar 20, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2020
Sawada is such a cutie, I want to know somebody like her.
Mar 20, 2021 12:47 PM
Mar 2021
That sibling relationship that was explored this episode was so goodddd. It makes me wanna hang out with my younger brother now lmao
Mar 20, 2021 1:10 PM
Sep 2020
Chapters in this episode (in order): First few pages of chapter 76, Chapter 75, Akane and Miyamura "fight" from chapter 86 (few pages), Chapter 103, Chapter 91
Mar 20, 2021 1:25 PM

Apr 2020
kyouon said:
Also, was like who’s this green hair dude again? Oh right the one who only seen interacting with Ishikawa.

But this episode made it looks like everyone knows each other well enough already, which means a large portion of the source material is probably skipped.
Oh how damn right you are...

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Mar 20, 2021 1:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
it definitely feels like we misses a lot of characters interaction at this point and... yeah.

the series is still fine but man, Horimiya really peaked at when Hori and Miyamura did the thing. Now its just slowly deflating.

Not bad by any means, but i dont feel as invested as the first half.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 20, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2018
axel360 said:

It's still best anime of the season for me! So, nope!
Mar 20, 2021 1:35 PM
Nov 2020
Damn, I can't imagine the stress and pressure involved in having to pass an exam to get into the high school you want to attend.
Mar 20, 2021 1:50 PM
Feb 2021
I'd miss the focus on Hori and Miyamura more if she hadn't gone psycho with the S&M stuff. Ugh, I did not like that. The other characters are great, but there's just not enough time to get to spend with all of them, so these short interactions aren't that satisfying.
Mar 20, 2021 1:54 PM

Sep 2016
Boring, but once a practically new character, as someone so noisy has barely been noticed in all previous episodes appears like this, and still expect the viewer to be saddened by the school drama of the sister who was just introduced, I definitely hate this one fast pace.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.