Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 21, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
Nothing huge or unexpected, just all around cute moments as usual. Always found this show amusing because of the premise of starting off married and developing the relationship from there. Makes you dream of the kind of relationship you'd like to have in real life, even if it's idealized.

It still seems uncertain who Tsukasa really is, and how she got attracted to Nasa in the first place. Really hoping for a season two, or I might just pick up the manga.
Dec 21, 2020 6:34 PM

Nov 2020
Story is for teenagers that are horny! Sorry but it's shit! No... just no
Dec 21, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2017
Definitely one of the most wholesome shows ive seen this year! Not that many romance anime have a story where the main couple actually gets married and it showcases their daily lives as husband and wife, so, it was a breath of fresh air for sure! Endearing main cast, fluid and funny interactions between both of them, i think they have chemistry together ahah, though, i do support the fact that they need way more time to solidify their relationship. Hope we can have a 2nd season where we can see that happen!

Solid 8/10
WaterLordDec 21, 2020 7:40 PM
Dec 22, 2020 12:06 AM
Mar 2012
one of few shows on marriage life, and stayed a kind of awkward cute. Comedy too hit or miss for me, and art or design fairly meh.
There's the rare perceptive dialogue on relationship building, otherwise some of the characters get very annoying.
Dec 22, 2020 8:56 AM
May 2016
Yeah their relationship is cute but it's ultimate unrealistic portrayal and refusing to admit she is a goddess makes me hate Nasa and ruins the whole thing for me.
Dec 23, 2020 6:40 PM

May 2020
Glad there was not much drama in this show, nothing really special, just plain cute and wholesome might give it a 6 later on, but for now, a 5
Dec 23, 2020 10:08 PM
Aug 2020
Who else saw hayate and nagi in this episode? Hehehe
Dec 24, 2020 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Solid rom-com 9/10!

Dec 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Jun 2019
とにかく可愛いアニメです 9/10!
lettuce<3
Dec 25, 2020 1:21 AM

Oct 2008
Tsukasa's: "STOPUUU"! is that supposed to be a natural cockblocker! or just playing hard to get! haha!
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 25, 2020 7:19 AM

Sep 2019
Really cute romcom, Tsukasa waifu of the season.
Dec 25, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2017
SEX?

SEXSEXSEXSEXSEX
Dec 25, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2020
Nasa gets sick in this episode and our dear Wife took care of Nasa!

The fireworks were a highlight. They made wishes to stay together which was so lovely.

This anime had a great touch of romance ngl also cute characters with a banger opening. The voice actors did a great job too!!! xD

I give this a 10/10!!
Dec 25, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2018
This is it everyone, the final episode of our cute newlyweds and best waifu in Fall 2020! I hope season 2 arrived soon! (I heard the OVA announcement instead)! T_T

Looks like Nasa got a fever! I guess his hard work have pushed him to the limit, but I'm suprised he can do that super quick! Not even my computer programming speed can reach the speed of light!😄

CONFIRMED!!! Tsukasa cannot get sick or injured, which is why she's no longer bleeding after Nasa found Tsukasa again in episode 1! That's interesting! XD

Second half we get to see the summer festival! It's hillarious that the goldfish just literally pass through and strong enough to break Nasa's net in the epic battle between Nasa and the goldfish! 😄

Ah, yesssssssssss! It will be not fun without bringing his camera with him to take a shot of Tsukasa's weird faces! This scene really cracks me up!🤣

Don't forget, FIREWORKS!!! One of the best moments to end the series! The newlyweds are really cute under the lights of fireworks! SAYONARA, Nasa and Tsukasa! Have fun loving with each other! See you next OVA! 😫
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Oct 2020
Lmfao tsukassasan weird faces was epic indeed, the chara development is too fast in dis anime. I hope we get to see more stuff in the ova xDDDD
Dec 25, 2020 9:35 PM

Aug 2019
ok that was pretty good, not to sure about that ending though, but i guess the more upbeat, sweet, happiness ending fits this anime more than a more of a reveal of Tsukasa's past, and or, true identity.

Story was, ok i suppose. You can tell pretty easily that the author definitely wanted to do something somewhat different then the norm in terms of the romance genre. Whether this more straightforward approach, combined with layers of sweetness and wholesomeness to fill in some gaps for you, was enough to keep you're interest is up to you.

Characters, they were all ok. Nasa was a pretty decent character, but sometimes his personality/humour can become pretty iffy. Tsukasa, on top of being a overall pretty decent character because of her loving, caring personality toppled with the assertive, strong nature she can sometimes show, had this layer of mystery around her true identity that was so very much hinted about, but sadly never delved upon.

Visuals were decent at best, pretty energetic and also felt quite upbeat.

Sfx were also decent, however the OP was just *chiefs kiss* fucking spectacular. What an absolute bop, really like the opening for this anime, can safety say i never skipped it once.

Downsides would be, they were doing such a good job at drip feeding us this supernatural mystery around Tsukasa and her past, to how she even fucking survived the hit from the truck, the links to the moon from the moon rock and what Chitose said in her first appearance, her almost pin point knowledge of historical sites and description like she was there, as well as stating she cannot be hurt of be ill. Sadly at the end, after all the tension and build up, they leave us to our imagination, which in my opinion felt kinda like a kick in the balls. However i could understand to some degree, if they suddenly did a very supernatural esc ending, i'm sure this anime would then start having an identity crisis to what exactly it wanted to be

All in all, 7/10 anime. I can definitely see why many people would love this anime, but personally i like my romance in animes to go a bit slower, and the comedy did get a bit flimsy nearer the end. Again, sucks that we are never told Tsukasa's origin or past, but oh well. A season 2 wouldn't hurt anyone i guess? :)
Dec 26, 2020 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
I had a lot of fun watching,
it was last episode.
Dec 26, 2020 10:26 PM

Apr 2020
A summary of the whole 12 episodes after finishing it.

Tsukasa has lived for at least 1000 years, and she's never been old and dead. Nothing happened to her when she was hit by the truck. So when she noticed that Nasa cared less about himself, she showed great concern for her husband's health.

But it seems that Nasa is only an ordinary man and will be old and dead at last… Tonikaku Kanashii…

Dec 28, 2020 6:19 PM

Jul 2015
God dang was this a lovely anime, so cute and sweet... Was expecting there to be a reveal that she was an alien or something but they stuck with just pure romance. Time to go read the manga.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 29, 2020 4:33 AM
Nov 2020
This is my kind of favorite romcom anime. As a married person, this show kinda reminds me when I was at that time, newlywed.
Funny and still awkward in that lovey dovey moods all the time. Lmao.

Well, it's fun show and not too cheesy with that all romance stuff. Definitely one of the favorites Anime in 2020.
Dec 29, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Arisugawa is my waifu!!!
Dec 29, 2020 12:53 PM
Oct 2020
Always sad to see another one of my animes end *cries* but they definitely represented the manga well. I'm mostly ( and when I mean mostly I mean like 99.99%) a manga reader and so I prefer the manga over the anime but I can never get mad at an adaptation. Of course, you can complain about how there wasn't any drama but that's the kind of story that the author wanted and that's what they portrayed. In fact, if they tried to add drama to it, I would be mad because that's not what Tonikaku Kawaii is about. It's a slice of life in the most accurate of senses where there isn't an epic villain or isekai. It's full-blown marriage at its basic principles and with everything going on in 2020, I think it's good to have a speck of normalcy. I highly recommend the manga if you're a reader, but otherwise, this was a good end to the year!
Jan 2, 2021 5:39 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
always puzzles me how anime characters get sick just from working hard, like if I work hard, I get tired of course, but sick?? you'll get sick if you lick the floor, maybe. So if an anime character goes to the gym, do they get sick later? so dumb man. and don't give me that lack of sleep shit, while yes sleep does play an important role in maintaining our immune system, several students and teenagers nowadays don't get nearly enough sleep, and you don't see them all calling in sick do you? although ok I guess that doesn't really apply now that all classes are online but you know what I mean

oh right as for the anime, thought I'd hate it, ending up actually liking it, and glad I watched it. Hated rent-a-girlfriend, with chizuru carrying the show because she is top-tier waifu material. Thought it was going to be a similar situation here, but actually no. Tsukasa really isn't anything special, she makes a damn good wife, but nothing special in the world of anime I guess. What's special is their relationship, which is one where they are already married and we get to watch their love grow- kind of. You just don't get that a lot in anime and which is why I'm gonna give this a 6, or even a 7, out of 10; need to think about it a bit more.

STRIP

so our mc who is kind of a perv doesn't want his cute wife rubbing him down there in his special area? ok makes sense ZERO OUT OF TEN. and when they were in bed and it was getting spicey she just had to end it just like that for no reason?? sighh... I do like the bathouse girl though and her "putting a perverted spin on everything". girl really knows nasa's body real well doesn't she

FEET BLUSH

just straight up asking bluntly if he could watch his wife change in front of him is super pervy but in my book that earns some chad mc points my guy. they really do start acting like an actual couple by the end don't they, like keeping weird pictures instead of deleting them, lol. Anyway, I enjoyed all the not so subtle anime references, and that while it was kind of close, did not cross the border into ecchi harem territory, and instead despite being kind of pervy, remained actually quite wholesome. They even mentioned that their relationship won't be perfect, that they'd argue and quarrel sometimes, but that they'd still love each other no matter what. Cheesy, but good cheesy. Good place to end with the obligatory fireworks festival episode. 6.5/10, but them getting married so young is still kind of weird, so 6/10

EDIT: screw it this was actually solid and it defied my initial low expectations so it gets a 7 from me yo

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 3, 2021 9:59 AM

Aug 2017
Ah, this episode looks more like a finale. Comedy really got better as long as it's not about fanservice lol. I don't know what happened to me with this anime, I hated it at first and now I'm neutral.

Also, I don't think this anime needs a second season, the story feels over unless they want to explain Tsukasa's life. As such, I'm stuck between a 4/10 or a 5/10 at the moment....it was fun though so I'm leaning towards the generous 5/10 in 4.7/10. 5/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJan 3, 2021 10:21 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 3, 2021 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
Felt really baited at the end when she cut him of because he was sick. I enjoyed the series overall but it felt weird that he was at home all the time and always had money when needed.
Jan 3, 2021 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Nice final episode. Now, when will season 2 be announced?
Jan 5, 2021 6:27 AM
May 2019
Shirase-san said:
Nasa is getting aggressive, he kisses Tsukasa's neck when he wants to sleep.
She c-blocked him. Almost made it to first base.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jan 5, 2021 10:48 AM

Aug 2017
3/10 for show. Boring for me. Could've used harem, the setup was ripe for it.
Jan 6, 2021 5:56 AM

May 2012
Alright so this series has quite some interesting aspects, certainly one of only a few where the love declaration is in the first episode and in the timing being in the first part or well more the middle of the first episode. That I certainly liked about it, the marriage thing was a step different and I was certain this would at least include a form of wedding judging from the anime cover but I certainly was wrong there. While the story might continue the last episode was rather shut so it could certainly continue.

One thing I just didn't like while I loved many other very fast progression parts was the backstory or actually any kind of information about the characters. We get like a very interesting episode in the mansion with the moon rock that ends with a lovely kiss but absolutely nothing regarding the actual episode plot having any form of character information and that I did find that this anime lacked quite much as a whole lot of the (mostly character) information is very heavily compressed.

Other than that I quite enjoyed it, had for a long time a really catchy OP and ED and in general was lovely to watch with some hidden slapstick and old golden anime references!

So all in all a good watch.
Jan 6, 2021 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
Hayate and references are pretty much everywhere throughout this series, ppls still haven't caught up with it yet? lol

As said before, ToniKawa and HayaGoku's timeline is parallel and in the same universe/world/planet/country/town...

Events in HayaGoku is happening at the same time ToniKawa is happening.

Just ToniKawa has less "magical" things happening... even tho the series constantly hints at Tsukasa being "super natural" (just like in this episode when she mentioned she doesn't get hurt or sick or showing the Moon at the end)

This series pretty much depicts what would happen if Hayate dates Hinagiku instead of the route Hayate ends up with. And it doesn't disappoint as the series focuses on Romance instead of Adventure-turn-Battle like most of the author's past works.

___ ___ ___

Also, nice Festival End and "Title Drop" at the end, LOL (I love those funny faces too)

___ ___ ___

Tho I do have to mention... throughout this whole series, apparently they never gets past First Base... the most they did is Kiss.

If we go by the fact they keep on hinting Tsukasa having connection with the supernatural (moon), Tsukasa probably have a strange reason to keep on blocking Nasa from getting past First Base...
amlgJan 6, 2021 5:03 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 6, 2021 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
Was a pretty cute and wholesome series as far as their relationship went, a bit slow considering they were MARRIED but I was willing to let that go since they basically didn't know each other. It did get boring at times though, which is why I assume the author decided to start adding the supernatural element to it. Instead could have tackled more realistic problems such as how they had endless funds for everything despite always being at home.
Jan 21, 2021 2:44 AM

Jan 2016
it is a plain romantic comedy anime with no drama and fills with tons of repetitive jokes that we saw in many animes before. And it should be noted that the supernatural part of the story about Tsukasa remained untold .
even relationship between Tsukasa and Nasa was weird and unrealistic! i mean How in the world a married couple, after a month of living, still not have sex with each other and are ashamed to see each other's naked bodies?
it was a overrated anime imo. i gave it a 6/10
Jan 21, 2021 3:36 AM
Sep 2020
CANT wait for the next season!!!! I mean if they ever decide to continue the series :3
Jan 22, 2021 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
So we didn't get to know more about Tsukasa, I was so curious...we know so far that she can't get sick, she is forever 16 and can't die....
Feb 9, 2021 9:25 PM
Aug 2019
I loved this episode so much. It really did it for me. I'll look back on it fondly. And from all the replies I've seen, Im glad everyone enjoyed it as well.
Feb 18, 2021 10:22 PM

Aug 2018
this anime was so sweet, i almost forgot how lonely I am.

More please!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Feb 19, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 2020
well, it was a great episode but I want to watch more it end ahhhhhhh!
Feb 23, 2021 7:01 AM

Dec 2018
And here I'm, thought it would be cliche and something forgettable and it actually exceed any expectation I had. I'm really looking forward for a S2!
Mar 2, 2021 9:16 AM
Dec 2019
Finished watching this fluffy Rom com anime and I really liked it. Though I have a lot of questions about Tsukasa. Who is she actually? How did she save Nasa's life?. What happened in her past? Is she a eternal being? Seems like she wasn't a mere human. And how can someone remain alive after getting hit by a truck? I wish to have another season as I don't read manga.

8/10 for those fluffy moments.
Mar 2, 2021 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
I hope(fully) the second season reveals who Tsukasa is. I have questions!!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 7, 2021 4:02 PM

Jan 2021
I love how much kawaii this anime is, furthermore it's kinda a good pure reference for young lovers.
At first I had a lot of questions about the the beginning but it turned it out to be nothing but just a simple start for the real story of this KAWAII couple
Best anime so far 10/10
Mar 7, 2021 4:07 PM

Jan 2021
Another important thing, They never gave us the chance to be knowledgeable about Tsuakasa past. I really wished they could mention that
Mar 14, 2021 4:49 PM
Mar 2021
Por favor façam a parte 2 3 4 de anime no desenho pfv e muito bomm
Mar 18, 2021 4:27 PM
Sep 2007
vajoxx said:
My guy Nasa is getting freaky in the bed to bad Nasa this is not hentai

Nothing freaky, he is married and it's normal to have relations. Except in this anime...lol.
Mar 22, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2015
Bit weird how Nasa and Tsukasa got married at such a young age but still incredibly wholesome series. I really wanted to scream 'get married already' every time a lovey-dovey moment occured to only remember they are already married.

Knowing love is irrational in itself, I learnt a valuable lesson from this anime: To get married I'll need to get hit by truck-kun and propose to the first girl who saves me...

Apr 25, 2021 5:38 AM
Oct 2012
Not gonna lie, it feels like watching some teenagers playing house during most of this show. The comedy was cringy too. But in the last 2 eps they actually acted like proper couple, so that was a saving grace.
Jun 9, 2021 2:05 PM
Jun 2021
jaeheek said:
If a second season of this show is announced I can die happier than Nasa

28 august it comes
Jun 17, 2021 11:54 PM

Sep 2019
Diabetes diagnosed LOL.

Well, good displays, interesting characters and somewhat mesmerizing storyline, they all proved that my time was not wasted.

The announcement of ss2 coming out this August is sheer tempting, really looking forward to it.
Aug 12, 2021 12:47 AM

Aug 2018
-Pharos- said:
Diabetes diagnosed LOL.

Well, good displays, interesting characters and somewhat mesmerizing storyline, they all proved that my time was not wasted.

The announcement of ss2 coming out this August is sheer tempting, really looking forward to it.
Crunchyroll sold to Sony so Season 2 might not happen
Aug 12, 2021 1:06 AM

Sep 2019
Gurifisu-Femto said:
-Pharos- said:
Diabetes diagnosed LOL.

Crunchyroll sold to Sony so Season 2 might not happen
That would be a bit disappointing.
-Pharos-Aug 12, 2021 1:10 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

226 by Zeno »»
May 11, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.