Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alice girl is missing was the content of the phone call. She was in the package!! So that she can have chance to talk to main guy.

What is she to him? He answered not just him but also for everyone in that world a hope.

A chance to fight. Wow, destroying the swords in one hit.

Parents appearing, and they were worried. Then he said he changed his future goal to work for the facility for Alice girl.

A message from the IP from the underworld? Battle in space against a monster? It was defeated by 3 of them.

OP as ED. The story of Alicization ends, but battle continues.

Progressive anime project announced
https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/1307340085889699840
https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/1307340259122790400
tsubasaloverSep 19, 2020 8:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 19, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Alice needed that comforting shoulder from Kirito. She's been through so much..

It's kinda nice seeing the two catch up since he woke up from the coma. Alice also proves her resolve this episode while Kirito fought in space against that monster (idk why, I got some Overlord vibes from that design).

Glad to see Eugeo is not forgotten in the season's finale.
Sep 19, 2020 8:28 AM

Feb 2018
The sword duel, Kirito and Alice were amazing Even though Alice was a bit cheating. Alice calls Kirito's father as father? Alice didn't seem to understand what a culprit was. I thought Alice went to Kirito's room naked, but she didn't. The three of them are like god.

Whhaattt???
SyureriaSep 19, 2020 8:36 AM
Sep 19, 2020 8:28 AM

Jun 2017
Ah... the Insignia...

Time flew by way too fast. The adaptation may have had its downs (particularly with how they handled the antagonists) but overall I'm happy and this episode was great. Good times.
Signature.
Sep 19, 2020 8:31 AM

Apr 2020
lol, Alice ran away from Rath, and it turns out she went to Kirito's house, and Alice was staying at Kirito's house

Glad to see Yui again.

So Kirito, Asuna and Alice return to the underworld, when they go to the Underworld they are in outer space!

This episode was great!
Sep 19, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
Alicization as a whole was far from perfect, but for most parts I really enjoyed watching it, especially the War of Underworld part had many of my favorite franchise moments. And not to mention the comedy gold that was the attempted rape with the two nobles.

So yeah, were some good two years and of course I'm looking forward to more SAO in the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
Lol I had a hunch that it was Alice inside the box and XD it was her, that was hilarious. The dojo scene was funny too. Also we got some really sweet Alice x Kirito moments. Alice looked quite stimulating in her night outfit.

Well they are back in the underworld. Lol at it's only been 200 years so nothing much should have changed. They were literally in outer space and damn the fight with the space monster was dope. Once again and for the final time in this season the visuals and fight animation was sick.

With this the two year journey of SAO Alicization has now officially ended. Whew this was a great and long journey and as usual it got pretty boring at times but there were some really great parts which more than made up for the few boring but necessary episodes.

The best thing we got from Alicization is definitely Alice. I totally loved her character and ofc she's a great waifu too. Eugeo had a lot less screentime than I thought as he died really early but he was an impactful character.

Thou Sheyta best waifu from Alicization arc, I really love her.

SAO Progressive (Aincrad arc remake) anime has been announced and I'm really looking forward to watch it. Also hopefully we'll get a sequel anime announced soon. Can't wait to see SAO Moon Cradle and Unital Ring animated.
MegamiRemSep 19, 2020 11:30 PM
Sep 19, 2020 8:56 AM
Jan 2019
tsubasalover said:

It took kouhai girls to know who they were.

Correction They are not Ronye and Tiese. They are their descendants Steeka and Laura.
Sep 19, 2020 9:47 AM

Feb 2016
Finally the Alicization arc ends. The adaptation had it's bad parts but we got to see it till the end.
For me this arc was the best in the whole series and to see it getting a complete adaptation was nice.

SAO is not gonna end soon seeing how progressive got an anime adaptation.
Sep 19, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
So much Alice and Kirialice stuff this episode, plenty of screengrabs, this was my favourite episode of SAO ever. By far. A-1 nailed this one and it single handily raised my score for the cour. May have been one of the single best episode adaptations I’ve ever seen. Can’t help but remember when I read volume 18 and cried at the Eugeo waving and “the end” illustration scenes at the end.

Also, who started cutting onions in my room at 1Pm..
Sep 19, 2020 10:04 AM
May 2016
Is it end of SAO...Or will there be a new season?
Sep 19, 2020 10:04 AM

Sep 2016
Space jet go brrrrr
Sep 19, 2020 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah so here we are the end of this excellent arc. Being put into such a stressful situation after coming to the real world must be hard on Alice. But smuggling herself away to be delivered to Kirito sure was quite the feat. The heart to heart between the two though was nice. Alice's elation at being allowed to stay the night at Kirito's sure was amusing as was the training bout. After so long its nice that we finally got to see what Kirito's parents thought of his missions. Despite all he's been through its heartening to see Kirito have such an impressive focus planned out. Hmm underworld sure has advanced quite a bit tech wise since Kirito and Asuna's departure. Spaceships and monsters huh. Though fearsome that monster sure got wrecked by the fearsome might of Kirito and Asuna. It was appropriate that Alice got the final strike. That battle was so beautiful. Ending the arc with the cliff-hanger that leads to the Unital ring arc was a nice move. Overall a strong finale that managed to end the series on a high note while setting the scene for the future arcs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2020 10:10 AM

May 2018
I'm sad it ended, I was prepared that I wont see my favorite characters for a while, but I was very happy with the progressive adaptation announcement.
Hopefully we will get to see the Unital Ring adaptation in a few years.
Thank you A1!
Sep 19, 2020 10:12 AM

Apr 2016
menukaud said:
Is it end of SAO...Or will there be a new season?

This is not the end of SAO, it’s only the end of Alicization arc. The next arc is already in progress and it’s called Unital Ring. There will be an anime adaptation in future, eventually.

The next anime project for SAO is Progressive. It’s the reboot of Aincrad arc which retells the story without time skips.
Sep 19, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
Confuse with the finale with how Underworld have these technology in 200 years but anyways I enjoyed this season so far, there's still some point that I know even I didn't read the novel that part yet, I still know they're cut it out from the novel like final fights with Vector that's turn into bulllshit Shonen super power fights but it's still fun to watch tbh.

Looking forward to Progressive anime and Moon Cradle Arc(Hopefully announce after Progressive).
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Sep 19, 2020 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Alice trying to get her way in the harem race but I guess she doesn't know that Asuna already won. Curious how she'll react when she finds out. Pretty bold strategy to deliver herself to Kirito's house though.

So, next we're gonna get a sci-fi world arc? Should be interesting depending on how it's presented.

Anyway, I suppose this marks the end of Alicization's 4 cours. The arc had it's up and downs, The first half with Quinella was easily my favorite SAO arc till date. It became a little hard for me to suspend my disbelief in the second half with the war. The problem for me in the second half was that it feels like we're constantly shifting between this line of shounen style will power and friendship vs this more gray'ish dark fantasy. I'm not sure how else to explain it, I'm fine with both but the constant back and forth makes it feel less cohesive. Adding the fact that the real world side of SAO constantly throws out this kinda of tech jargon to make it seem more advanced is more jarring than immersive. The first half was a lot more cohesive for that matter and a lot more compelling. Despite my complaints, I did find the show entertaining and Alice is one of my favorite characters from this show now. Production and direction were pretty nice as has been for the entirety of Alicization.

7/10.
Sep 19, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2015
It was a nice ride, being with this series for so long made me kinda attached to it.

Good season, I'm looking forward to next year(or the year after) for Progressive, see you guys there.
Sep 19, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Holy crap that was awful. It's like they took everything bad about SAO and magnified it by a hundred. 3/10, and making note to not take any of the top reviewers who give it more than a 5/10 seriously ever again.
Sep 19, 2020 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
You forgot the time flow is different . It could been pass more than 2000 years.
After all those time they spend on real world.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 19, 2020 10:21 AM

Jun 2020
Going to miss this series, we going to wait 2 years for the next anime adaptation of progressive, which hopefully get more people to watch :D

Sep 19, 2020 10:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
"Kirito will return"
Oh yeah can't wait to see more of SAO, overall really good second cour of Alicization S2, probably not as great as the first cour of the second season but still very good, would have liked to see more romance between Kirito and Asuna tbh xD and not glad that Eugeo was not forgotten lol worst character of SAO
Sep 19, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
The first half with Alice and Kirito was pure gold but the later with the space fights and monsters felt stupid, but well SAO hasn't been the best anime in terms of final episodes. Looking forward to Progressive anime adaptation and in the future Unital Ring anime.
Sep 19, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
inter-intelligence war? so technological singularity can be reach? SkyNet and Ultron will be made? lol

Alice is clearly in love with Kirito eh damn the love triangle or harem continues

and where the fuck is this Star King or AI copy of Kirito im hearing about that did not show up in this last episode?

those 2 space jet pilots are certainly descendants of those 2 girls hanging around with Kirito and Eugeo in the past

Alice is All Might lol "i am here"

Sep 19, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2008
Honestly, I think the coolest thing that they showed off this episode was how the technology in the Underworld progressed to space fighter jets. I'm really disappointed that they didn't have at least one more episode to at least show off what the heck happened during those 200 years and what old-Kirito is planning.
Sep 19, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
Alice smuggling herself to Kirito's house in a box was hilarious. Like really?

The long Alicization arc has finally come to an end. It is my favourite arc of SAO.

In the end, we got to see SAO's new arc, Unital ring. I hope we got to see Moon Cradle Arc getting adapted since Progressive was announced. Well, time for me to continue reading the light novel.
LeoSep 19, 2020 10:34 AM

Sep 19, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
Had to end the series with just a bit more AlicexKirito bait didn't they? But I'm glad he brought up bringing Asuna loll

I had to implement a lot of suspension of disbelief when I saw how massive Underworld had gotten. How can the tech even handle so much data?! Is there a ceiling here?! I mean don't get me wrong, the concept sounds fun as hell but the implementation of that in reality gives me some doubt. And I guess Ronie and Tiese's descendants remembered Kirito and Eugeo because Incarnation? /shrug

Saw the tease at the end, plus the announcement for a Progressive adaptation. Damn, when the ending reaches to heights you never thought possible, it's time to go back to the roots you never fully explored. At least this time Kirito won't be super depressed yet and won't have suffered brain damage (I just hate this plot point in Alicization) or a huge harem of girls to have to explain to everyone he meets.

Almost forgot about that super funny/embarrassing moment when Kirito's (adoptive) dad knows about his identity as the Black Swordsman LOL
VysarineSep 19, 2020 10:36 AM
Sep 19, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
welp that ends another SAO season, easily the worst one for me imo. Whole season just felt like some power fantasy schlick turned up to 11. I mean, I could even tell from reading the first part of WoU that it was just a giant clusterfuck but this season does nothing to prove me wrong lel. Shame cause the first part of Alicization was super great tbh (though still had lots of potential)

overall I give it a Asuna the cuckold/10

but wait

whatever happened to PoH's body...
Sep 19, 2020 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
i will still entertain the possibility that Alice will be ship with AI copy of Kirito aka Star King lol and i dont care about your opinions since that is one future arcs possibility anyway so im fine if it does not happen and if Alice will be forever alone
Sep 19, 2020 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
This season was awful. Terrible writing, cliche enemies and asspulls.

First season of Alicization was so much better.

Sep 19, 2020 10:38 AM

Feb 2020
So another really good episode, I loved this series. I was really fucking confused when they ended up in space... What the heck did Kirito and Asuna do when they were ruling and how far did the Underworld even progress like geez.

SAO: Progressive was teased for 2022? I don't know I'm really excited!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/09/19-1/news-sword-art-online-progressive-anime-announced
Sep 19, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not even sure how to process this episode. It started fun with Alice delivering herself by the shipping company, but she had her reasons. Found some resolve, as well as family dinner and Kirito getting parental approval, then waking poor Yiu up to work out some code, then diving into off grid Alicization server which has clearly been running all this time, and then space battle.

I feel like every orifice just got raped by a wild tentacle demon and I'll need to spend months in rehab. Hopefully when I'm released we will have a new season with a little bit of an explanation!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2020
Spaceships go brrr
Sep 19, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2018
Where can I order my own delivery of Alice. I really new new season just to learn more what happen in Underworld. It seems like Underworld advance more in technology than in real world. Alicization is the best SAO arc.
Sep 19, 2020 10:57 AM

Jun 2020
The Alice x Kirito shit felt too forced and cringey, left a bad taste in my mouth. Also it looks like Alice is naked in the box wtf?

This season had it's ups and downs and overall I'd say this was probably the weakest arc in Alicization IMO. On one hand, we had poorly explained (or not even explained in some cases) plot events that felt very asspull-ey and a lot of corny or cringeworthy moments. On the other hand we had fantastic production, hype ass moments and just fun-to-watch scenes if you're not being super nitpicky about the logic of all of it lmao overall I gave Alicization S1 an 8 and WoU Part 1 a 7. As this was inferior to both, but not THAT boring that it deserves a 5/10, so I guess it's a 6/10 from me.

Time to look forward to the Progressive adaptation.

P.S. - can't lie, reading the 'Kirito will return' at the end did put a smile on my face and I don't even particularly love the dude. I was like 'ofc he will lmao'
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 19, 2020 11:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'll be honest here, this was probably the best episode of the season for me. Most of the others failed however leaving my final impressions to be very mixed.

Alice wrapped up in a large box is certainly quite the gift to start the episode off with, xD. God, that was great! More Alice is always welcome, to be honest.

Family talk, I think this is the first time we've seen his parents and it's no wonder that the father would want to set things straight first. Alice's reaction to Kirito's decision of working for Rath though, that was quality material lol. And the "father", lmao Suguha's reaction was perfect!

Alice's jealousy of Asuna was quite something too, lol. As such, it should come off as no surprise but the MVP this episode is none other than Alice.

Nice to see Yui-chan after a while too. Sad that we didn't get to Klein, Sinon & company though.

And wow, the world of Aliciazation definitely evolved in the 2 centuries! I would've preferred if they ended with a scene of Alice's sister waking up to see her sister return or something of that sort but well it wasn't a bad idea to sign off with in a fan-service manner by giving all three shining moments.

At this point, I don't even know what's the deal with Kayaba but I'm guessing he was the one who sent the mail in his final whims or something of the sort.

Listening to the Op in the end was really pleasing for the ears. So going to miss the Op. I pray that Reona will come back for Progressive.

All in all, it's been a very mixed season. First 7-8 episodes, I thought ranged from average to very bad in all honesty but the following episodes better. Animation and the Music departments were top-tier undoubtedly but the story just failed. I can very much relate to @Short_Circut's "power fantasy schlick turned up to 11".

Aliciazation Season 1 > War of Underworld Part 1 >> War of Underworld Part 2, to sum my thoughts up.

Here are my guesses on future anime adaptions: Progressive for early 2022 and Unital Ring plus final bits in a 2-hour movie sometime in early or mid 2023.
_MushiRock11_Sep 19, 2020 11:17 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 19, 2020 11:19 AM
Aug 2019
A nice conclusion to the Alicization series. Now... It's time for SAO Progressive.
bloopeydoopeySep 20, 2020 12:06 PM
Sep 19, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2018
Can someone explain to me what this part mean? I don't understand.
Sep 19, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
Gorochu said:
Can someone explain to me what this part mean? I don't understand.

its Kayaba he mind uploaded to the internet again via the internet cable

Kayaba and Star King AI copy of Kirito are all over the internet now just like with the Puppeteer in Ghost in the Shell that they are immortal in a sense they have huge amount of copies of themselves all around internet servers
Sep 19, 2020 11:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A significant step down from Alicization. Meh.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2018
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

Sep 19, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2018
bloopeydoopey said:
A nice conclusion to the Alicization series. Now... It's time for the *Final* arc.

I agree this is a strong conclusion for the Alicization arc and I look forward to future adaptations.

How the underworld accelerated relative to the human world is astonishing .
Sep 19, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
Probably the best SAO arc has offered after many years. Alicization is really an improvement of Reki Kawahara as writer and person. It was a great journey! Thanks you Reki and A-1 Pictures.

SAO season 1: 7/10. SAO season 2: 7/10. SAO Alicization overall: 9.25 = Alicization (2018): 9/10. Alicization War of Underworld (2019): 9/10. Alicization War of Underworld (2020): 10/10

10/10 for the anime.
NurguburuSep 19, 2020 11:28 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 19, 2020 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
Naked Alice in a box...the future sure looks bright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice accidental headbutt to win that little sparring was cute.
Tfw no robot waifu to wake you up at midnight in those clothes, sure gonna miss her ;-;

That's a lot of progress for 200 years lol, sneaky Kayaba still at it too.
Preferred the first Alicization with Quinella and stuff more overall but was still ok I guess, looking forward to the Progressive adaptation!
nerfxSep 19, 2020 11:40 AM
Sep 19, 2020 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
Hyuno said:
How the underworld accelerated relative to the human world is astonishing .

lol is Rath aware that they did not reset the CPU clock to normal levels again they will be shock to learn how close to technological singularity the UnderWorld is now, inter-intelligence war aka AIs vs Humans intelligence wise?
Sep 19, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Kirito will always return.
Sep 19, 2020 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

That's awesome, but also a little bittersweet and chokes me up a little.
Sep 19, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2016
What a nice finale its 2yrs of SAO:A. The journey is worth it, with iffy adaption all around. Its great that it adapt it fully, and back of the waiting game because the final arc of SAO ongoing. This episode is great they adapt it faithfully, the Alice moments and Kirito family moments. And what happen in the underworld. It ends in somewhat a nice conclusion with teaser of whats to come. And they adapt the final illustration of "Kirito will return".
8/10

Sep 19, 2020 11:57 AM
Jan 2019
We need an extra episode that show's how is underworld now, and show underworld people reaction to Kirito and others, that would be epic
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.