Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2020 10:36 AM

Mar 2018
Man this show is going to climb up quite a bit in my favs after this season is done for sure. So so good
Aug 26, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 2019
Manga readers, I appreciate you all for not saying here what Yuki says at the end there.

Honestly the step siblings twist felt like it was enough to fill the whole episode with drama. I'm always amazed at how much they cram in here without making it feel rushed.
Sep 11, 2020 11:40 PM

Oct 2007
The cat is the prince.. and that is mean looking Cinderella. lol
Looking forward to the play.

ok, now I know Kakeru and Machi family background. But meh... don't really care about this additional drama that the writer is trying to inject into the story. Pass on this one.
Sep 12, 2020 4:29 AM

Jun 2020
+1 for kakeru, what a wholesome & endearing character, i'm so glad he rised from his situation & became his own person. that was touching (but i LOL-ed when he burst into a fit in the flashback in his true fashion lololllll) broken families & childhood definitely shape who you become, and he didn't let that affect him, and is so kind to machi as well.

i love kakeru & yuki's friendship, even tho they get into silly fights and bicker all the time like an old couple for comic relief, they can be so honest and share deep stuff with each other. they have so much trust in each other. and kakeru has a positive influence on yuki as seen in this episode when he tried to take things with his mum lightly. that brought tears....i'm glad that yuki is trying to see things in a different light. also he has so much empathy, he was as kind to machi as well.

LMFAO what a casting for their version of cinderella x)

so yuki finally acknowledges what he yearns from tohru....wow....that ED certainly hit differently this episode.....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 21, 2020 9:25 PM

Sep 2018
Hearing Tohru saying she will be devil than devil himself is so funny lol I can't imagine it!

Hanajima as Cinderella will be lit!XD
Oct 11, 2020 3:41 PM

May 2013
lolol didn't the manga reveal what Yuki yearned for earlier on in the manga? It was when Tohru was on the trip with the Soumas at their vacay home

The anime stretching out the weirdest thing XD are they doing it for the YukiXTohru shippers? Hahahah.
Glad Yuki and Machi are understanding of each other. She's similar to Rin, so Yuki gives Machi her space and compassion. Machi doesn't want Yuki to be locked in a small, cramped space and get all anxious. That's nice C:
Oct 14, 2020 6:07 AM
May 2019
Kokoro_Kotashima said:
lolol didn't the manga reveal what Yuki yearned for earlier on in the manga? It was when Tohru was on the trip with the Soumas at their vacay home

The anime stretching out the weirdest thing XD are they doing it for the YukiXTohru shippers? Hahahah.
Glad Yuki and Machi are understanding of each other. She's similar to Rin, so Yuki gives Machi her space and compassion. Machi doesn't want Yuki to be locked in a small, cramped space and get all anxious. That's nice C:

No, the manga didn't make any reveal during that scene at the Beach House, it was just forshadowing and the continued building of Yuki's character arc, just like in the anime. The anime isn't stretching out anything.
Oct 19, 2020 9:02 PM

May 2013
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Kokoro_Kotashima said:

No, the manga didn't make any reveal during that scene at the Beach House, it was just forshadowing and the continued building of Yuki's character arc, just like in the anime. The anime isn't stretching out anything.

O. It's been 13 years since I've read the Fruits Basket manga, lol. Cut me some slack XD
Oct 20, 2020 5:30 PM

Aug 2017
Finally Kakeru and Machi past, looks like their problem is not over yet! I wonder how this season is going to end.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 2, 2020 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
I never would have guessed that those two were siblings.

The cast for Cinderella sounds hilarious.
Feb 6, 2021 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Did I miss something? When did Arisa cut her hair?
Mar 7, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2016
Of course Kyou would get the prince, there's no one else who could possibly play that role so well xD Why do I feel like Tooru will end up playing Cinderella???

Yuki at the end there gave me feels again ;-;
Mar 25, 2021 3:56 AM

Jun 2019
Another episode focused more on Yuki. Looking forward to the act.
May 1, 2021 4:52 AM

Dec 2020
really liked this episode. it doesn't have important lore or major things but. it was a nice one. a really nice one. we got to see a little backstory of the vice pres, he's not just an annoying carefree guy. and he's that carefree because he can do it Now when he couldnt Then. he's got his own problems. just like everyone else does. rly liked the line where he said "accept that you can't do anything about it and just laugh it off" it sounds stupid and childish but.. he's right. we can't do shit abt it so why not just laugh it off? take it the best way we can. the cinderella cast was also pretty funny, can't wait for the their performance lmao
May 1, 2021 6:49 PM

Mar 2010
To not be friendzoned lolsz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 29, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2020
The cast is so messed up xD

So excited to see their play. I wish it would be next episode
Jun 26, 2021 1:29 AM

Nov 2017
Big improvement with the dub. I don't feel like I'm going to die all the time. The sub is SO sad. Dub watchers will never understand how truly DARK this anime is. But the atmosphere is too heavy, can't stand it anymore.

The characters literally all act like they're going to die soon, it's creepy.
Aug 7, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2021
I'm happy to see how much Yuki has grown this season. Manabe is a very good influence on him. Yuki opening up more and more everyday. Honestly good for him. In the start he said, Rin and he yearns the same thing from tooru. I think we all have a guess what that would be.

Also,When did he start calling Machi by her first name? I think he relates to her to some extent and wants to help her, how tooru has helped him.

I personally think kyo is the best boi but damn yukis closing up the gap.
Sep 11, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
Knowing Yuki had a traumatic experience of stuck in a dark room, I was scared he might get a ptsd attack in while stuck in the closet but glad nothing happened. Also how the hell does anyone vote Tohru to be the evil stepsister other than as a joke lol.

Nov 4, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2018
If Tohru manages to play that role, then she's definitely a good actress 😄.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 14, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
watching this cinderela after watching in k-on the romeo and juliet play, it's much the same lol.

we learn more on machi and nabe.
Jan 29, 2023 11:01 PM

Jul 2022
Definitely the group where Yuki belongs is the council, except for the dwarf, it's irritating.
That's where I like Yuki much better, and Kakeru is that friend that he needed. And now if I can healthily ship Yuki with someone, with Machi
Jul 16, 2023 8:17 AM
Jun 2023
got to know more about macchi s yea ig
Jul 31, 2023 7:34 PM
Dec 2021
pretty good/funny episode
Apr 3, 4:41 PM
Aug 2021
Can´t wait for more
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

177 by RAVEN____ »»
Yesterday, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2020

131 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2020

120 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

153 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Yesterday, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.