Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2020 9:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, this was one messy episode.

Majority of the episode with the marriage was pretty lame, to say the least. Sketchy from the get-go but it's good that Yu Mi-ra caught on to that in time. And that fight in the end of the segment too, that was far too quick for closure yikes.

And then that 10-second clip between the main characters, I was so looking forward to it even. Disappointed, to say the least.

tofei said:
Mira found another reason to fight for her dream, Daewi just lost his.

Yeah, I like how you put it, has a good ring to it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 27, 2020 9:45 AM

Jan 2020
Umm.. what? Everything happened in an instant lmao.

Probably the weakest episode so far.

Jul 27, 2020 9:48 AM
Apr 2019
This episode has the same energy as Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 Episode 8.
Jul 27, 2020 9:52 AM
Jun 2014
So when the episode started and some guy we’ve never met shows up and proposes and then as it became clear this would be what the entire episode was about I can’t even express how disappointed I was, I mean this series literally just started and this episode hit the breaks on all the momentum the first 3 episodes were building. I should mention as a general rule I just don’t enjoy episodes like this that take a break from the actual story to spend an episode on some wacky adventure and I don’t think this one was good at that type of side story or out of nowhere situation like the marriage is. That said there’s good moments, it fleshed out things about Mira really well, it made her being obsessed with her sword style believable when you see how much her father meant to her and how clearly practicing the family art was their bonding time and seeing her uncle makes her realize that if she doesn’t carry that legacy it will die out. And the moments at the wedding itself worked well enough for me too I enjoyed that, but that’s less than half the episode and the majority that weren’t those moments I didn’t care at all, I mean We BARELY know this character this early on, This kind of episode just doesn’t work when we aren’t emotionally invested with and a character we know already, she wants the sword style to succeed and the guy seems to want to help with that so what’s the problem? Oh he’s evil I guess. Well he’s entirely new and we also don’t have any real idea what any motivations whatever weird cult has so... yeah I guess he.. wanted to do something bad? Her friends and family talking her out of making a decision she’ll regret was a good scene I felt like, even if we were entirely introduced to her family just now as well. BUT as soon as she tells the guy she can’t go through with it I KNEW that the evil husband would do the stupid generic “actually I’m evil and also CAH-RAZY HAHAHAH” schtick which pretty much always sucks. Her fight moment after makes up for that at least. ANYWAY, good moments throughout the episode but it was boring and a majority of it felt like pointless filler, wish they could have given Mira’s backstory in a better way because all of that was good and unless evil business man sticks around the rest of it could have been replaced. That said this episodes ending was genuinely FANTASTIC. It came a bit out of nowhere, but god damn was it strong and made me go from “enjoying the show” to “absolutely excited to see what’s next”. The ending made a sub-par episode actually pretty incredible
Jul 27, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
THEY ACTUALLY LEFT IN THE MARRIAGE SUBPLOT!!! I must say, Mappa has some serious guts?! That said though, I quite like the way they handled it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
That bit at the end was just icing on the cake. If only it didn't leave me heartbroken as well.
Jul 27, 2020 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
this show is rushed af
Jul 27, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
Lmaooooo I wasn’t expecting such an horrible episode
Jul 27, 2020 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit ok wtf stuff escalated fast, from a failed marriage to fighting a "Susanoo" to Daewi snapping off. Stuff feels rushed even tho they're trying to make the story become dark and deep
Jul 27, 2020 10:12 AM

Mar 2014

In all seriousness it went from a 10 to an 7 when we got to the ending. Shit hit hard but not in a good way, I wanted to feel for Daewi and the situation but goddamn the pacing wouldn't let me lol

Once again comedy is on point
And I love the mythos/lore around the Moon Light Sword and Mira

The oni demon warrior, while I have my gripes with this stuff not being explained, lowkey I was digging the fact Daewi knew the same power was coming out like last time.
AnimeFanTalkJul 27, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 27, 2020 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
Uh...This episode is weird ><
Jul 27, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
wtf is this random useless arc the whole ep and in the last 20sec important plot worth of 40 minutes rushed

slowly i really feel like this will not be more worth than 4/10

Jul 27, 2020 10:18 AM
May 2019
Damn the pacing of this anime is way too fast,I feel like they are skipping lot of things, After watching this episode I really feel like this adaptation is gonna be crap like Tower of God
Jul 27, 2020 10:20 AM
Apr 2020
Sayali567 said:
Damn the pacing of this anime is way too fast,I feel like they are skipping lot of things, After watching this episode I really feel like this adaptation is gonna be crap like Tower of God

ToG wasn't nearly as rushed as GoH and that says a lot.
Jul 27, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
Oh God This Anime is So Rushed!!!!! Most Rushed Anime Ever Watched in My Life!!! Like seriously!!! I can just feel it and I haven't even read its Manhwa!!!

Ohh Boiii ....... I'm trying to ignore so much of its Negative points and weakness but damn I can't keep up with this!!! Please don't disappoint me next time!!

Well about the episode, How can she marry when she's still in Highschool???

Sayali567 said:

Exactly!!!

NakolHira said:
Wtf happened?
Logic went out through window.
Marriage isn’t a joke.
And what the hell, how they stopped it like nothing?
Like if you are adding something to your storyline, at least be logically impactful.
Is Mira a dumbfounded girl? She just agreed to marry, like nothing?
Then her uncle and sister/cousin cried, two friends jumped into the stage and just stopped it?

And lol, that guy even got that sword with a happy face?
What’s going here? Everything is wrong.

Exactly!!! Nothing seemed Normal!!! Everything was just coming out of nowhere and then ends and we are like "WTH just happened???"
Jul 27, 2020 10:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The show must be added with SoL tagged with the way of pacing it had on these episode. Beside that, the satisfaction had decreasing since the battle scenes were too little and Mira's justification felt nothing than just another 'hit and rushed' method of story telling for me. Nothing happened, i said again, and the plot was expected, especially with that raged.

Oh, man. Moved on.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 27, 2020 10:41 AM

Nov 2010
The visuals and animation is top notch in the series but everything else feels odd? I'm not sure if the source material's story is as funky and illogical as it was portrayed in the anime. And I guess the pacing of the adaptation is just horrible... It feels like the studio had a list of things that happened in the manhwa and they're trying to cram all these events in to an episode or two.

I had high hopes for this based on the first episode, but seems like it's turning into a pile of shit.
Jul 27, 2020 10:41 AM
Jun 2015
MegamiRem said:
Mira wants to marry for money but heh that ain't gonna happen cause Daewi and Mori ruined the marriage XD. Both of em are absolute chads.

Daewi was brutal in his match with Mira, damn that was harsh.

Thou tbh the anime adaptation failed to deliver even half the emotions webtoon did with this event.
Its Mappa what do you expect? Wait till AOT season 4. God its gonna be a train wreck
Jul 27, 2020 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
Can you hear it, son? It is the feels train.
Jul 27, 2020 10:53 AM
Mar 2015
Wench randomly getting married in high school, then the same dude saving the girl from an obviously bad marriage also mercilessly beats her up all in the same episode. This is poetic af.

... and bad. Good enough indication this show will just go down the drain. I'm thinking hard of dropping but I still want to see what will happen with the cancer guy.
Jul 27, 2020 10:53 AM

Jan 2018
The story's execution is a mess. Its like watching Chinese anime. These fight though amazing animation has no weight if the story is not propert executed. Are they rushing or skipping some scenes in the manga?

Edit: Decided to drop this one after 4 EPs. Theres really something wrong w/ this anime that i cant exactly grasp.
Iroha_PixieJul 27, 2020 10:59 AM
Jul 27, 2020 10:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What a rushed mess of an episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 27, 2020 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was so goddamn horrendous but I laughed at how bad it was, from pacing to characterization, that it was ironically fun. Still, a shitshow but I'm slowly losing it from this to just laugh everything off.
Jul 27, 2020 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
Jeeeeesus Christ what was that episode?
This show gets dumber and dumber with each passing week.

A random fucking guy jumps Mira in the middle of the street and asks her to marry him. Not only does she fkn agrees, 2 minutes later they are holding the ceremony. All because that Tsukiyama looking motherfucker is rich and popular and Mira thinks he will make her kendo style popular and live through.

AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL HAPPEN

Dude literally just said "m'lady marry me. Me rich, me will make your sword popular"

And Mira is like "okay"

Like who wrote this? A 13 year old?

I swear to god Listeners plot made more sense that this...
Jul 27, 2020 11:02 AM
Aug 2009
I just have to say... MAPPA is a good studio... Amazing job they are doing. I am enjoying it more than the manhwa. Superior adaptation.
Jul 27, 2020 11:07 AM

Apr 2020
Damn bruh, u goin in 2 fast, a man should always try to go slow and savour each moment,🤧
Jul 27, 2020 11:20 AM
Apr 2018
asjunewoo said:
The fuck was with the pacing

This Anime, like TOG, is "probably" to promote Webtoon. You can see it from the effort they put into this.
If they took it seriously, this one episode can be made split into 2 or more episodes, just like as in some long "Shounen" Anime.

Its Manhwa might be worth reading.
Jul 27, 2020 11:26 AM
May 2020
Have not read the manga but this really feels rushed. Liked the episode mainly because the characters are honestly likeable but the situations they are put in hardly work because of how fast they are going and jumping from one plot to another. Would like to see a slower pace to truly grasp the development in the characters.
Jul 27, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, ummmm she's fine i guess. But damn.. good episdoe as always
Jul 27, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
On a real though, Crunchyroll needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to producing Webtoon anime, and talk with producers in Japan to actually give some time to animating the content and not just rush everything out and hype it beyond belief - since its only going to lead to potential newer viewers feel frustrated at the product.

When it comes to Tower of God, one of my favorite webtoons, it got absolutely butchered because of how lackadaisical the material was treated and produced with too much skipping, staticness and even changing stuff without benefits. If I hadn't read it beforehand, I probably would have hated this anime too.

When it comes to the God of High School, while I don't like the webtoon whatsoever, seeing how passionately the animation and choreography seems to be treated by the staff but also seeing them completely butcher the minimal moments where there is a story and not just action 24/7, must be frustrating too. Crunchyroll needs to find a way to let these webtoon adaptations breathe more, so that people can actually be excited to find out what's going to happen rather than be frustrated for how obviously poor it's being treated. Despite the material even being fast in the webtoon, this episode was a perfect example of incompetency when it comes to actually planning out the stories, characters and pacing for shows rather than just the promotions and eyecandy visuals, etc. They need to go back to the drawing board for future adaptations after Noblesse's anime is done in the future.
Jul 27, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
This series should just stick to fights because all this "drama" is atrocious.
Jul 27, 2020 11:35 AM
Nov 2017
WTF is this? Stupid weeding thing 90% of the episode and what could be a good fight and the best part of the show until now is crunch in 3 min????
Jul 27, 2020 11:44 AM
Jan 2019
That marriage stuff came out of nowhere and it felt rushed to be honest. I wasn't enjoying the episode until the final moments. I was expecting a full fight on screen but I like the tone they gave it with Daewi's friend passing away (I guess that's what happened). I'm actually exited to watch the final showdown between those two, but... we're just in episode 5 and I don't know where is this going

Pd: who's the voice actor of the guy Mira was about to marry?
"Your favorite anime is out there waiting for you."
Jul 27, 2020 11:44 AM
Jan 2017
by far the weakest episode, why can't they just have proper pacing for these episodes, this should have at least been in episode 5. Episode 3 was my favorite and thought that it would be good from there but I was wrong. Animation, Fights, and OP aside, it feels like they want to heavily market the webtoon.
Jul 27, 2020 11:46 AM
Jan 2019
GreenEmu said:
This series should just stick to fights because all this "drama" is atrocious.

Totally agree dude
"Your favorite anime is out there waiting for you."
Jul 27, 2020 12:28 PM
Jul 2019
Ohhh man they really skipped the good part about Jin getting to beat Gang man suk....damn, this anime's pacing is just toooooo stupid to comprehended.....

Do they still have phone booths in Korea, cu'z the last time I've check , it was already extinct since 2000?

Not just the pacing is bad but the analogy as well....
Jul 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
I saw the episode title and was like, this can't be for Mira right? Well it was and it was random as fuck XD How to throw someone off-guard.

Those final few minutes though, Daewi's friend passing away (not confirmed I suppose), caused him to really go out of control. Those bullies got what they deserved, but just seeing him wanting to win so badly for his friend, he had absolutely no mercy for Mira, Was a one-sided massacre. Rather painful to watch :( I just wish there was more to see of that fight!
Jul 27, 2020 1:12 PM

Dec 2016
That was so mean of you, Dae-Wi.
Jul 27, 2020 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
anime producers:
i am speed
Jul 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Mar 2010
Everything felt random asf, The marriage was just dumb, and the dude dying is only natural. I understand feeling powerless but the dude needs to fucking chill.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Mar 2010
Everything felt random asf, The marriage was just dumb, and the dude dying is only natural. I understand feeling powerless but the dude needs to fucking chill.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 27, 2020 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
"The hell was this?" the episode. Nothing about it works except for setting the two MCs up against each other. But it's not enough personality still to feel anything about them.
Not showing the fight between Daewi and Mira was kind of disrespectful. I guess they wanted to make it "girl gets the bride gown, dude gets to the finals", while also explaining her weakness as a wound, but it was still lame and random.

Truly, bad characterization always strikes back.The point of a tournament ark is good fights, people clashing and learning about themselves. And this show has already lost all these things in favor of idk even what.
Mira didn't need a silly marriage to shine, she needed good fights to demonstrate she's capable, but still losing to the desperate Daewi cause he's desperate.
Also they need the guts to call Daewi's "friend" his lover, as he seems.
Jul 27, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2016
Archfiend836 said:
Oh God This Anime is So Rushed!!!!! Most Rushed Anime Ever Watched in My Life!!! Like seriously!!! I can just feel it and I haven't even read its Manhwa!!!

Have not read the material but claims it is rushed.

I also have not read the source material and I am finding it fine.
Jul 27, 2020 4:46 PM
Feb 2018
This episode was not good at all lmao
Jul 27, 2020 4:47 PM

Jan 2014
This ep was totally out of place and felt like this was quite forced or one would even say that this felt like a filler episode, and needless to say I did not enjoy it that much. I do kinda hope that it is due to the fact that they are cutting corners here and there and well ... at least they are making it a little more subtle for the other guys (the one that beat Mira) backstory. So idk if you can still say rushed here? But this is putting down my expectations quite a bit for the rest of the series.
Jul 27, 2020 4:49 PM

Feb 2016
What the fuck was this piece of shit of an episode? I absolutely despise the random marriage plot point in ANY media, it's always so contrived, leads nowhere and it's nothing but a failed plot contrivance in order to "develop" a character which NEVER needed this kind of shit anyway. Mira OF ALL PEOPLE wouldn't succumb to something like this.

Also, those last bits were just perplexing, like, what the actual fuck!? the pacing went full retard, no other explanation.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 27, 2020 5:00 PM
Mar 2020
Episode seemed too fast paced, i feel like they cut a lot of stuff but im not sure since i didnt read the webtoons
Jul 27, 2020 5:03 PM

Apr 2017
Easily the WORST single episode I've watched this year.
Jul 27, 2020 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like they decided to animate this arc in order to flesh out the main characters a touch more. I haven't read the manga (yet) so I actually enjoyed it for what it was, along with the surprise twist at the end that changes the narrative. The pacing of this entire show is off, but I never took it super seriously to begin with, so 5/5 from me.

(there could have been more action though)
Jul 27, 2020 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
I wonder how many chapters were adapted in this. I complained a lot about the pacing in ToG, but this felt like 9-10 chapters in one. Everything felt extremely rushed.

By the way, it´s pretty obvious that Goku is going to win and after knocking Daewi will say something like "Losing a dream does not justify what you did" or some cliche shit like that. Out of the three, Daewi is by far the most interesting, but again this feels like it went lightning fast-

Despite him seeing his friend dying, it was pretty scummy to go for the cut Mira had. Im sure they won´t spend too much time being friends again, but still, he literally got her bleeding.
Jul 27, 2020 5:12 PM

Oct 2019
I was glad to see more of the the characters backstory but as others said, this wedding really felt out of place. Additionally, once she left her goal, it was predictable that she would lose though not how badly. It would have been nice to see them both fight with their personal goals on the line but that wasn't the case. She had a nice little animation against that weirdo but this episode really lacked the whole fighting that made the others interesting.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.