Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2020 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The origin story for the Coins, Shuichi's lost memories, and with Honoka's group and her band of classmates (that has Shuichi and Elena) in their past.

So it seems that Honaka's disappearance sparked the start of the whole incident (at least to Kaito, whom has an interest to her). Her "resurrection" started Kaito's initative to figure out the true reason for Honaka disappearing, and it turns out the the Alien has the answer to it that spurred her transformation of the murder of Aiko from Honoka (that turned into hatred and revenge for Kaito).

But it wasn't Honoka who killed Aiko, and Kaito is left with a ruing and desperate thought. Plus, the notion of Aiko turning into Honoka after knowing of her suicide with the Coins, that was one hell of a disaster waiting to happen. Whatever what was promised ago, all that came to naught.

Only if they had voiced their opinions, all of this wouldn't have happened. And now, all of what happened last episode, it was all pure intentions from here on out.

And Yoshioka has managed to contact the group's boss (who has all 100 coins at the ready). What does this all mean???

What an episode full of revelations, and quite a shocker (even for manga readers). Ready for the final episode???
KANLen09Jun 21, 2020 3:37 PM
Jun 21, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Somewhat of an interesting character in regards to Shuichi's memories. Honestly, the more they do storytelling about him, the more valuable his character becomes, or at least that's how I feel.

I wish they explored more of that Alien character though. Now only one more episode left...
Jun 21, 2020 7:56 AM

Feb 2018
Willing to let go of Hanako, this is not as expected. Even so, they had no choice, I didn't want to see a girl's cry just this time. At least it is a sweet past memory, how much do you like it, xD.

Is this just a misunderstanding? It's a murder or suicide, oh shit ... Is the effect of bullying that bad? Even though it's not the main cause, it seems Honoka suffered a lot, giving coins for free, look at that expression

Jun 21, 2020 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
Syureria said:
Willing to let go of Hanako, this is not as expected. Even so, they had no choice, I didn't want to see a girl's cry just this time. At least it is a sweet past memory, how much do you like it, xD.

Is this just a misunderstanding? It's a murder or suicide, oh shit ... Is the effect of bullying that bad? Even though it's not the main cause, it seems Honoka suffered a lot, giving coins for free, look at that expression

the bullying scene was a filler, Aiako reasons still unknowing even in the manga with a lot of other things as the manga still ongoing

edit: the flashback in the manga shows that she was prevent bullying and didn't show anyone bullying her
dark-chaosJun 21, 2020 8:15 AM
Jun 21, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
This is just fucked up... I really feel bad for everyone involved in this episode. Tragic backstory for everyone. What’s most sad to me is that Honaka’s family actually were willing to forget about her and even her friends. They knew something was up with “Aiko” but didn’t even bother looking into it more because “nothing would change”.

Blonde dude’s actions were stupid because you don’t just strangle and hang someone without more info, but he was really the only one who cared about Honaka fr. Terrible twist of fate and dramatic irony.

Interesting that the alien actually seems to have feelings too, at least when it comes to honaka. He was really torn up about her wish. One ep to go, hope we get a second season.
Marinate1016Jun 21, 2020 10:35 AM
Jun 21, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
This kinda gave vibes like a darker and edgier Anohana xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2020 9:20 AM

Apr 2020
Bullying, Suicide, Transformation, Murder and reveals.. all packed in one episode.. Now this was a real treat..
Jun 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Oct 2017
Damn that was a messed up backstory. Also Clair might finally find out about Shuuichi's past.
Jun 21, 2020 9:28 AM
Jun 2020
it was a good episode until the suicide part at like 15:00 how do you not realize your own girlfriend committed suicide.
Jun 21, 2020 9:38 AM

Dec 2019
That was something......wow

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 21, 2020 9:40 AM
Jun 2019
Now I understand why Elena's hair grows when she transorms.
It's because of her desire is to keep things as they were before : Here it applies to her body.
She had long hair a few months ago, while now, she doesn't.
Jun 21, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2018
What a sad backstory. Poor Honoka.
Jun 21, 2020 9:48 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty good music in this episode.
Jun 21, 2020 9:50 AM
May 2020
Naoto is really a idiot why he has to go that far and kill honoka. Everything was fine. Without proper info he took actions.
Jun 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Jan 2011
UsernAme3126 said:
Naoto is really a idiot why he has to go that far and kill honoka. Everything was fine. Without proper info he took actions.

you mean kaito
Naoto the other guy
Jun 21, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2010
Compared to the other episodes this was sub par. I didn't really care to much about the backstory, the progression of clair is far more interesting.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 21, 2020 10:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The backstory was really sad but well done, poor Honoka though.
Sad that the next episode will end in the middle of the story...
Jun 21, 2020 10:44 AM
Mar 2018
Oh ok kind of a good episode as they told something about Honoka , Shuichi and his form look typo , Aiko's past and all of the friends history.

But still the origin of the Alien and how they turned into coins is still a mystery...
Jun 21, 2020 10:54 AM
May 2020
Kaito's logic is messed up!
Jun 21, 2020 11:21 AM
May 2015
Rasco said:
Compared to the other episodes this was sub par. I didn't really care to much about the backstory, the progression of clair is far more interesting.

Clair is arguable the least interesting
Jun 21, 2020 11:22 AM

Jun 2016
omg that backstory past is really outstanding !!!
Jun 21, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2017
NirvashX1 said:
omg that backstory past is really outstanding !!!

Honestly yeah, it really is.

I am so invested into this story that I'd be interested in seeing an entire prequel series on how this all started!
Jun 21, 2020 11:32 AM

Jun 2017
Ok so Kaito jumped to conclusions without proper investigation and everything got fucked up.
Jun 21, 2020 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
You're all much smarter than I am it seems. I had a hard time understanding who was who other than the sister+ alien-kun and what the hell they had to with our current MC pair, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2020 11:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one tense backstory episode.

Aika and Honoka’s backstory is just too sad. Heck, even the alien felt something there and that’s saying a lot!

Kaito jumping to conclusions and the whole unveiling twist scene was brilliant. Damn, that shot of Kaito’s expression while demanding everyone to perish though, intense...

I wonder what Yoshioka is up to though, I feel like she’s just digging a grave for herself here.

Looks like next episode will be round 2 of this and I’m guessing we’ll finally learn the truth behind Shuiichi’s current form and whatnot.

Definitely the best episode of the series so far, here’s to hoping this show will end with a bang next week.
_MushiRock11_Jun 21, 2020 11:55 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 21, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
this was actually a great episode.
Jun 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
A deep episode damn. The backstory was quite heartbreaking.
Jun 21, 2020 12:24 PM

May 2020
A episode packed witha dense backstory, giving more information from Shuichi's old friend group. The episode was good with a good construction of a tragic backstory, although I feel this came a bit to late in the season. This episode could've come earlier and then have more time to build on the questions created by it. I'm interested by how it's going to end, but I don't know how they will finish this in one single episode (they prob won't).
P.S: Would've liked to seen more from the alien this ep.
Jun 21, 2020 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Tragic backstory :( I think Kaito was in love with Aiko for him to go so far. I still can't understand why Aiko killed herself, she had such an amazing support group.
Jun 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Farabeuf said:
You're all much smarter than I am it seems. I had a hard time understanding who was who other than the sister+ alien-kun and what the hell they had to with our current MC pair, lol.

The girls are drawn very similar - VERY.
Jun 21, 2020 12:57 PM

Oct 2019
Interesting story, I like the idea of Kaito killing the girl he was in love because she stoped being herself. although it was a little forced, he just straight up killed her no questions asked, and Aiko comited suicide just for that little bulling, the fuck? she had a lot of friends, even a boyfriend.
Cool concept but the execution was a little rushed
Jun 21, 2020 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
Ok, that was tragic. Misunderstanding aside, strangling her was stupid in any scenario. I guess he wasn't thinking clearly, but still... I just wish Shuuichi get his memories back already and that there is good reason why it's only him who got them erased - not just Elena wanting to keep him safe.
I'm really hooked on this story tbh. Hopefully next episode gives some kind of conclusion. Tho I might end up going for manga anyway tbh.
Jun 21, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
This backstory of Honoka and Aiko was really well done from the manga's point of view, perhaps even done better. Since I didn't quite understood what happened in the manga with this backstory, probably due to bad translation, the Anime made it really understandable!

Really a tragic and fucked up backstory with Kaito coming to a premature conclusion and made the biggest mistake of his life!

1 episode to go, let's see where this will end!
Jun 21, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2019
Very well directed episode and entertaining throughout BUT why are they acting so unbelievable? Jumping to conclusions, suspecting supernatural phenomena, killing each other, Kaito terrorising the city. Do not get me wrong. I enjoy this show thoroughly. The actions are just over the top for some average students. Hopefully, the cram school is part of a better explanation.
Jun 21, 2020 1:22 PM
Nov 2019
Omg, what does Yoshioka have to talk about with Helena?!
Jun 21, 2020 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting background story. Now we only need to know how it affected Clair and Shuichi ... and why she erased the memories.

Feels like this is only starting ... might need another season. If not I might read the manga.
Jun 21, 2020 1:37 PM
Apr 2018
With this episode, final episode is gonna be exciting.

Its unfortunate how this show still has below 7 ratings.
Jun 21, 2020 1:46 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Damn. That's seriously fucked up - it's like Romeo and Juliet levels of tragic. I feel terrible for everyone involved. That episode absolutely flew by, I thought it was about half-way through when it ended. It was a really great episode.

Perhaps it's because I don't usually watch a lot of these types of "edgy" shows so I'm not as jaded on them but I have to say, the score is really low for this anime because I'm really enjoying it. I think it's got better as it's gone on. I don't see how they are going to wrap this up in one more episode so I'm hoping there's another season.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 21, 2020 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
MrZweihander said:
Interesting story, I like the idea of Kaito killing the girl he was in love because she stoped being herself. although it was a little forced, he just straight up killed her no questions asked, and Aiko comited suicide just for that little bulling, the fuck? she had a lot of friends, even a boyfriend.
Cool concept but the execution was a little rushed

Well above your comment someone said the bullying scene wasn't from the manga and her reasons are still unknown, probably the anime didn't want to leave it like this in case of no S2 so they did this.
Jun 21, 2020 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
horridhendy said:
Damn. That's seriously fucked up - it's like Romeo and Juliet levels of tragic. I feel terrible for everyone involved. That episode absolutely flew by, I thought it was about half-way through when it ended. It was a really great episode.

Perhaps it's because I don't usually watch a lot of these types of "edgy" shows so I'm not as jaded on them but I have to say, the score is really low for this anime because I'm really enjoying it. I think it's got better as it's gone on. I don't see how they are going to wrap this up in one more episode so I'm hoping there's another season.

people just hate it because it's "edgy" they have no further criticism or reasons for giving it a score of 6 or lower, some says "iT hAs eCchI i cAN't wAtch tHat" as if the anime doesn't have ecchi in its genres wtf did they expect lol.
anyway don't trust MAL scores in general
Jun 21, 2020 2:05 PM

Sep 2019
The backstory is pretty interesting, but it was really rushed tbh. In a single episode, they unpack this entire subplot full of characters who seem pretty integral to the overall plot of the story as some sort of large reveal. However, I think that Shuichi's backstory would have been a lot more interesting if little parts of his past were revealed to the viewer over many episodes so that we could become more and more curious about the people and events of Shuichi's past. Instead, we're forced to swallow information about Shuichi's old friend group, suicide, murder, and tragic subplots that haven't even been teased in a 20 minute episode.
Jun 21, 2020 2:28 PM
Jan 2018
This anime is so underrated and people only formed their opinions from like the first episode. It's so good
Jun 21, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2020
This episode was deep.....

The total backstory of the coins and game has finally been revealed. We also got a chance to see Shuichi's past.

This was a good episode building up to the season finale and I'm very excited for the final episode.
Jun 21, 2020 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
That was a well done backstory episode, it still leaves questions unanswered. Gleipnir has been so underrated this season, it's been a great ride. Cant wait for the next episode
Jun 21, 2020 3:29 PM
Apr 2020
This was a huge dropped bomb on us!
The episode was so interesting i could not keep my eyes away from it. But it kinda makes the previous episodes useless compared to this one. Like lets scratch all the past anticipations and character development and just drop an atomic bomb full of stuff in one episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
Nice episode, so many things were explained.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 21, 2020 3:51 PM
Mar 2020
This Kaito guy strikes me as the one who sees himself as a righteous beacon of justice no matter how fucked up hes own logic and actions are.

Even after he killed Honoka - based on his own rushed conclusions - he is still right! "No, it's not my fault! It's those guys who didn't told me! I am clearly in the right!".

I think he will become one nasty enemy. People like these have no ability to cope with guilt and would blame everyone else. Given the supernatural nature of this show, i think he will try to "fix" everything - in accordance to his own fucked up vision.

This is fucking brilliant. Even though Kaito hasn't done anything explicit to make me hate him, i already wan't him off.

Definetely the most underrated show of this year.
Jun 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
Best episode so far, finally a lot of pieces explained.
Looking foward to the final episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2020 4:20 PM
Nov 2019
I said back when she first got into Shuichi she was a fox because she was cunning.....

Lets see how she uses his memories - I've read the LN but it may be an Anime only ending next week as they have tweaked a few story-lines...
Jun 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Aug 2018
Honestly this Kaito guy is a really good kind of antagonist, he just chained misunderstanding that led him to the worst actions he could have done and his climax is to realize that it's over, he's the bad guy, he knows it and cannot do anything against it. The way he was drawn when asking for his powers says it all, not for one second the show tries to present him as a tragic character who could have been the protag if things went his way, he did shit, now he's a threat haunted by hiw own past.

Just hope he doesn't die to quickly cuz with this accumulation of plot twist Gleipnir now has little to no mystery of what the premise could let us think about, the only remaining question is what king of power 100 coins gives you, but we have the past of all the cast and their clear motivation, they just need to fight for the story to achieve a proper ending.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.