Forum Settings
Forums

'Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden' Airs in January 2020

New
Sep 8, 2019 11:01 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Magia Day 2019, the second anniversary event for the Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden smartphone game, unveiled the production staff, new cast, the first promotional video, and a third key visual (pictured) for its television anime on Sunday. The anime series, which was originally scheduled for this year, will now air in January 2020 on MBS, Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11, among other stations.

Kana Hanazawa (Rewrite, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho) will voice the new anime character Kuroe. The lead cast from the role-playing game will reprise their roles.

Staff
Chief Director, Series Composition: Gekidan Inu Curry (Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei opening director)
Assistant Director: Yukihiro Miyamoto (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Character Design: Junichirou Taniguchi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica film trilogy)
Chief Animation Director: Junichirou Taniguchi, Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Hiroki Yamamura (Fate/Extra: Last Encore)
Action Director: Takashi Hashimoto (Mononoke chief animation director)
Main Animator: Yoshiaki Itou (Natsu no Arashi!), Akihisa Takano (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko), Kana Miyai (Zoku Owarimonogatari)
Art Director: Ken Naitou (Owarimonogatari)
Color Design: Jin Hibino (Nisekoi)
Editing: Rie Matsubara (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
CG Director: Hisato Shima (Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka? chief CG manager)
Director of Photography: Kouji Tsuchiya (Sasami-san@Ganbaranai photography)
Script Cooperation: Elseware
Music: Takumi Ozawa (Hidan no Aria)
Sound Director: Youta Tsuruoka (Violet Evergarden)
Animation Supervision: Akiyuki Shinbou (ef: A Tale of Memories.)
Studio: Shaft

Anisong trio TrySail—composed of voice actresses Momo Asakura, Sora Amamiya, and Shiina Natsukawa—is performing the opening theme "Gomakashi." J-pop female duo ClariS will perform the ending theme.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden serves as a spin-off to the 2011 anime series Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Aniplex launched the smartphone game for Android and iOS platforms in August 2017, featuring character designs by Ume Aoki (Hidamari Sketch).

Manga Time Kirara Forward began serializing a manga adaptation illustrated by Fujino Fuji last August. Houbunsha published the first volume on March 22.

Source: PR Times
VindstotSep 8, 2019 11:26 AM

Sep 8, 2019 11:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Really looking forward to this! Delay, but it’s a seasons’ worth so no biggies from my side.

Great PV too, keep up the great work Studio Shaft!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 8, 2019 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
It will start airing exactly just a 1 year before the 10th anniversary of when Madoka first aired. There is a high chance at the end of it they just might annouce another sequel project to commemorate it.
Sep 8, 2019 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't even know it got delay

Good to have the airing date
Sep 8, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
It will start airing exactly just a 1 year before the 10th anniversary of when Madoka first aired. There is a high chance at the end of it they just might annouce another sequel project to commemorate it.
Hory shiet it will be actually 10 years old then.

I sure hope we will see more Madoka content
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 8, 2019 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Ok looks cool and will definitely check it out, but where’s my second season of the OS?
Sep 8, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
Man, Shaft seems to be in rough shape. They even had to delay this one. Hopefully they can recover as as a studio, I wouldn't want them to disappear.
:3
Sep 8, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
Seems like the story is going to be altered at least slightly from the game, considering this new character from the PV isn't in it (unless she's supposed to be this other character that appears later on and they're just throwing her in early). That said, I welcome a change to be honest. The game's story is fine, but it's definitely got a different tone from the original. Here's hoping whatever changes it does make are for the better!

Also like @-ShadowClaw- said, really hoping they'll announce a proper sequel to the original series at the end of the last episode or something, since the timing will be great for it.
Sep 8, 2019 12:53 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hooooooly shit!!! The new key visual looks amazing! Can't wait to watch this one!
Admittedly I haven't found myself playing the actual game all that often ; ;; ;
But I'll definitely look forward to watching this! Here's to almost-9 years of Madoka Magica!
Sep 8, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
Not really a Madoka Magica fan, but gotta watch this for GOD-tier best girl, Iroha~♥
Sep 8, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
No Yuki Kajiura.
That's a BIG issue.

Sep 8, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
Ugh, no Kajiura for the OST, disappointing.
Although the new soundtrack in the PV didn't sound bad.
Sep 8, 2019 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
Surely I can't be the only one who, as soon as he saw the video thumbnail, immediately let out a "Fffffffuck this guy".

Right?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 8, 2019 10:23 PM

May 2018
About damn time! So excited for this.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so ready for this!
Sep 9, 2019 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
Since i play the game, i'm kinda bothered that they are showing the new girl (Kuroe?) with Iroha a lot, i really hope that the other girls don't get overshadowed by her inclusion.

Also Tsuruno looks amazing as ever <3
Sep 9, 2019 1:38 PM

Jan 2019
Boo! Modoka has been done. We get it already, she is a sad little wimp until the plot tells her to be otherwise.

Give us more Nanoha movies instead! Or even better a crossover where Modoka gets a Starlight Breaker or two to the face and Homura gets apprehended by the Time-Space Administrative Bureau. Also hoping for a rodent Yuno vs Kyuubey fight.
Sep 9, 2019 5:27 PM

Nov 2008
I hop this is good, nothing can beat the original Madoka but I expect this to be half as good.

Sep 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Apr 2017
I suddenly miss Kalafina huhu T_T
Kajiura is still busy with ufotable animes so it's understandable that she won't work for this.

As a Madoka fan, I'm still excited to see this.
Sep 10, 2019 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't watch the original Madoka, so I wanted to ask if I should start getting acquainted with the franchise from this show?
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 AM

Jan 2019
RobertBobert said:
I didn't watch the original Madoka, so I wanted to ask if I should start getting acquainted with the franchise from this show?

The best you can do is to watch the original series. Its only 12 episodes after all.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Nov 3, 2019 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
Ikurasu said:
RobertBobert said:

The best you can do is to watch the original series. Its only 12 episodes after all.

I wanted a long time ago, but I just can’t find the right mood.
Nov 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
It feels like I've been waiting years for a sequel/spin-off.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 9, 2019 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
First two eps. pre-screening event at Anime NYC
http://nijipoi.com/l-ma/t-ma/magireco/2019/11/09/537960/

PV 2
ED: "Alicia (アリシア)" by ClariS
Airing on Saturdays at 24:00 (Sundays 0:00 a.m.) via Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11, followed by MBS starting January 4 (5th after midnight)
https://moca-news.net/article/20191130/2019113016000a_/01/

Japan pre-screening event on December 23 (also first two eps.)
https://anime.magireco.com/news/?id=52594
tsubasaloverDec 5, 2019 8:26 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2019 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
i feel a little bit conflicted. madoka magica is one of my absolute favorites and i like that it's still studio shaft who's making it. but. the pv feels like a madoka rip-off than a sequel. the pvs for the first madoka magica were all "look at this cute, fun magical girl show!! :) aren't they SO PRETTY????" which of course was a fake-out. but these pvs have been "look how DARK and EDGEY these GIRLS ARE!!" and idk. i mean. if they tried to trick us again with cute it'd feel a bit hollow but. it really feels like they're trying a bit too hard to make it Deep™

like.... the edge in the pv kinda reminds me of magical girl site or magical girl raising project rather than madoka magica....

and the fact that most mobile game adaptations aren't very good makes me very worried

More topics from this board

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by _Ako_ »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
7 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

3 by Swagernator »»
11 hours ago

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.