Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2018 1:15 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This anime is like... the Gekkan Shoujo of 2018, a feel good romcom with an eccentric cast of characters. It's fun and relateable and just feels good to watch. I hope there's a future sequel but I doubt it will happen unfortunately. Loved hearing Ito Kento and Sugita voicing the male leads and shout out to Miyuki as well. I just hope we get more anime like this in the future, one where the MCs are actually adults.
Aug 8, 2018 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
Relaxing couple time.

Main girl visiting main guy's house unannounced and anothe pair is curious. He has been playing without eating.

Ichijinsha CM is no narration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1_p1W5XWeo

Female gamer girl is worried about KajiKaji's character, who hasn't been in the game a while.

lol @ about BL and fighting. Main guy try everything before deciding, but senpai guy doesn't want to try BL.

First time cooking and he likes it. Nao-chan taking care of his brother?

KajiKaji's character appeared. It seems like he couldn't borrow his brother's laptop to play game and has been busy part-timing.

lol @ senpai guy liking it after trying it out.

Little date and arriving to park. lol @ suddenly wanting to go home to watch TV. lol even more @ main guy running to response to her.

First love theory?! KajiKaji's character joins and talks about his first love being kindergarten teacher, who married. lol @ him spoiling out that his brother's first love is the main girl.

Main girl bumped into female gamer girl.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 8:45 AM

Aug 2017
I'm going to copy and paste what I thought after the ending. I wrote this months ago. Interesting romance between adults. The otaku theme makes the anime much better in terms of writing and interactions. Good comedy. It's not a clickbait like Gamers! from 2017. 4/5 for this episode. 7/10 for the anime, my AOTS
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2018 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
Overall this was a great chill romcom anime to watch. Never felt boring, to me at least. Hopefully well get a season 2
Aug 8, 2018 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
Definitely am gonna need a season 2. This show grew on me insanely as the season went on lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 4:55 PM

Feb 2017
What a pity it's the last episode, I enjoyed Wotakoi a lot.
Narumi was such a good girlfriend this episode! And Hanako actually manage to make Kabakura read BL. She's basically Goddess of Fujoshi.
Aug 8, 2018 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
Mayuka said:
This anime is like... the Gekkan Shoujo of 2018, a feel good romcom with an eccentric cast of characters. It's fun and relateable and just feels good to watch. I hope there's a future sequel but I doubt it will happen unfortunately. Loved hearing Ito Kento and Sugita voicing the male leads and shout out to Miyuki as well. I just hope we get more anime like this in the future, one where the MCs are actually adults.

Yes!! I loved the Nozaki vibes I got from this!!! Also loved that the characters were adults. Looooved Miyuki in this role too!! So perfect!
Aug 9, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2012
Well as thought this was a pretty lovely open ending and to be honest I really loved it! I would really love to see a sequel to this, but I am not sure if we'll get any even though with the ending credits stating "See you again!".

Still this anime was one of the better romance/slice of life anime I have seen in a long time so I do must say that I found this anime just great!

All in all it was a great anime to marathon and finish!
Aug 9, 2018 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
Such a nice way to finish it! This episode was one of the strongests, it might even be my favorite alongside the first one.

I loved the way it started, with Kabakura and Hana-chan just enjoying their hobbies together in a nice holiday, a few memories and his inability to get a clue when she tried to propose a romantic date just for the two of them. xD And I'm glad Kabakura finally tried some BL and liked it! I wish we got another season of Hitorijime my Hero animated, I'm always ready for more of Kousuke-san ~

And then Narumi's surprise visit to Hirotaka, the poor girl only found a corpse! Just kidding, but almost, it was pretty funny, also the way he totally forgot she was there and just went naked for a towel. lol

The little talk about first loves at the end was also pretty good! The most relatable one was Otonashi Kiyoko from Kabakura, but I loved the 2.5D from Hana-chan naming a seiyuu. xD

The little bits with Kou-kun was also great, it's just a pity we won't be able to see her relationship blooming with Nao-chan, at least not for now. I really loved this anime, one of the most relatable I ever watched, I thought I was 90% Hirotaka, but surprisingly I can identify with the way Kabakura enjoy his hobby, by himself, not feeling comfortable enough to share the experience too.
Aug 12, 2018 1:48 AM

Jun 2013
LAST EPISODE!

Hiro fainting because he forgot to eat reminds me of cases of some gamers in Taiwan, South Korea, etc. who died because they didn't eat, sleep, etc.

I'm not hardcore a yaoi or BL fan (since I like yuri more) but I ship characters regardless of their identity, gender, sex, orientation, etc. just for fun. Hell, I ship Zero Two with her storybook. However, Kabakura is obviously one of those straight guys who are only homophobic towards gay men. There are women who are the same, they love BL and yaoi but hate lesbians and shoujo-ai. These kind of people are absolute hypocrites.

Hypocrite Kabakura says, "men and women should be enough" for female fans but he's the fucking hypocrite who likes shoujo-ai. A lot of straight girls read yaoi and BL so why can't straight men do the same? He's the one limiting himself. How come Hirotaka can easily read it without feeling like his own masculinity is at risk? At least he finally tried it and thought the story was good. He even wanted to read more. Sometimes when I read a BL or yaoi series, when the sex becomes redundant I just skip that and focus on the story instead.

Too bad Kou and Naoya couldn't have more screen time together. Honestly, they're my favorite pair in this entire series because of how pure and innocent they are. There's so much potential there too. Naoya was so cute having a crush on his kindergarten teacher. How fucking pure is that? Naoya even put his brother on blast.
臭い-
Aug 14, 2018 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
yep not much satisfied…I really want more… I hope they make season 2… overall great series
Aug 16, 2018 5:36 AM

Nov 2014
I thing it finished in a great way, with a lovely yet very funny moment at last (nifuji secret LOL), i wish there will be a sequel for this series since we need to see more of naoya and kou XD, and of course another lovely funny moment's from every pairing

There are lot of things that need to be shown like how the development of nifuji and narumi relationship especially how narumi slowly realized how hardworking and serious nifuji toward her and more backstory about relationship hanako and kabakura( gintoki and tsukuyo XD).

This series totally left a big smile on my face every episode that i watch, and i totally loved it 10/10 for me
Aug 19, 2018 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
Now I need season 2
Aug 23, 2018 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
i really love how narumi doesn't make a big deal out of seeing hirotaka naked. she just screams to him to get dressed and that's it. no trauma, no one is over embarrassed. that's pretty mature for anime, even here, so kudos to that.

and i really hope we get a second season somewhere along the line. everything that's been released so far from the manga has been adapted here, but with the story still ongoing, i'd really love a second season when they have enough material.
wotakoi is nothing major but it's really entertaining and endearing. probably one of my favourites just because it always makes me feel pretty good after watching an episode. <3
Aug 31, 2018 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
This is a pretty average anime. I think it's better than your typical romcom slice of life and the references had some good moments, but ultimately it's just one of those pretty forgettable series for me.

5/10

Sep 9, 2018 7:51 PM

Aug 2014
started out good but then nothing happened..
Dec 11, 2018 8:18 PM
May 2013
oh my god this was the most painfully boring experience of the year how did i even finish it
Dec 22, 2018 2:01 AM
Jun 2014
fukumenkei said:
i really love how narumi doesn't make a big deal out of seeing hirotaka naked. she just screams to him to get dressed and that's it. no trauma, no one is over embarrassed. that's pretty mature for anime, even here, so kudos to that.

and i really hope we get a second season somewhere along the line. everything that's been released so far from the manga has been adapted here, but with the story still ongoing, i'd really love a second season when they have enough material.
wotakoi is nothing major but it's really entertaining and endearing. probably one of my favourites just because it always makes me feel pretty good after watching an episode. <3

Of course it doesn't. He's not even her type. If you see someone you've got the hots for naked, while never having done it before.. You will be embarrassed. IO can promise you that she'd have a much cuter reaction if she saw Tarou naked instead.
Dec 28, 2018 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
9/10 for me, honestly. No BS misunderstandings...just adults enjoying each other company without a lot of dumb drama. Funny and the references were tops. Loved it...shame it was only 11 episodes.
Dec 31, 2018 12:03 PM

Sep 2018
Koyanagi and Kabakura have a Eromanga sensei poster...
Good taste :)
Jan 3, 2019 9:07 PM

May 2013
Absolutely loved every single moment of this anime X)

The comedy was right up my alley <3 and my ships always delivered, ugh. So satisfying X] Except it'd have been nice to have some more mature scenes in here ;D ;D At least a kiss scene would've worked too ;A; maybe in S2 :3 if they make one (they better) :3

I wanna say 9/10 cuz no kiss xD buuuut... maybe 10/10... Hmm..... I love it as much as Net-juu tho, so I'll just give em the same 9/10 ratings, ahhah x3 maybe if there are a S2 for both series with more love progress, I'll bump up :X
Jan 22, 2019 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
so where did the anime leave off in the manga?
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 4, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know why, but for some reason, every time I watch a lot of these romcom anime, there's always something that makes me not like it.

In the case of this show, the majority of the jokes felt akin to The Big Bang Theory: "Hey look, we're referencing something lol", "Hey look, the characters are geeks lol"

At least it didn't take place in high school.

4/10
D-ohnutsNov 10, 2020 6:21 PM
Feb 11, 2019 8:40 AM
Jun 2017
Well, it was really good anime. Sometimes we need simple things to spend our time. And this anime never dared to bore me with it's simplicity. Good couples, parents like senpai, little bit comic moment. overall it all worth to watch.
Feb 19, 2019 1:03 PM

Nov 2018
This anime was actually very enjoyable. I liked various pairings n ship teases esp. Koyonagi x Kabakura but also KabaHiro, HitoNaru and KabaNaru. KoyoHiro wasn't half-bad either. Also, Nao x Kou was just as likable as other ships. A satisfying experience for sure.
Feb 22, 2019 4:21 AM

Jun 2011
wew feels like it's really starting to become good.. fairly enjoyable series overall though I really didnt like how they started the series with a love-less relationship. It was made into a joke, the writer tried to play it off as romantic and cute sometimes, I don't know about you guys, but in the back of my head the thought that Momose is not really in love with Hirotaka keeps popping up resulting in much lesser enjoyment watching said cute scenes. They're for sure developing though so the cute/romantic scenes have more weight but the earlier scenes were a bit ehh.

The banter is also getting a bit old, Hanako and Kabakura almost always argue about the same shit and the resolution is always almost the same. Somewhat the same for Hirotaka and Momose.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 16, 2019 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
A nice ending to the show, although I wish Hirotaka didn't stop his brother from saying what he meant :P
Kabakura's face at the end was priceless as well.

I liked this anime a lot, although I can't say it was perfect. The main characters were all pretty likeable, with Kabakura and Narumi being my favorites. Nao was okay at best, and Kou is pretty much non-existent in my eyes, but that's fine I guess.
I wish there were a bit more romantic scenes between our main couple, but at least we had some scenes like the ending of the theme park episode and a bit here as well.
As it stands now, I'm giving the anime an 8/10. Sounds about right. I hope it will have a 2nd season in the future.
Mar 24, 2019 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
Aweee. I actually think that the last few episodes were amazing. However, I would like to see more Kou x Nao 😊😊😊 And Kabakura read a BL manga was unexpected lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 4, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2017
It was ok. The characters are pretty good except Hirotaka. Narumi best character.
Apr 6, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
Wish manga would come out faster so a second season would happen. Need more of these characters.
Apr 7, 2019 2:44 PM
Sep 2018
Wh-a-a-a-t?!?
This is the last ep?!?

NO!
THERE MUST BE MORE!!!!!

there's a manga...
must buy manga...
must read manga...

Must make offerings in hopes of a second season...

must find out what happens when Nao realizes Kou is a girl...
must find out what happens when Kou realizes Nao doesn't know she's a girl...
Kou just recognized a "word" in the conversation fragment she overheard; is she into more than gaming?
They didn't catch on that the person they just passed is Nao's friend Kou.

THERE MUST BE MORE!!!!!
May 10, 2019 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
The last episode is so hilarious! We get to see Hirotaka x Narumi, Tarō x Hanako, and Nao x Kou moments! ~❤️

I love the "Hitorijime My Hero" reference. ~❤️

That post-credit scene!

This show is pure enjoyment. No unnecessary fanservice and drama. It is relatable to many viewers who are otaku (like me). ~❤️

SEASON TWO PLEASE!!!
Jun 5, 2019 2:06 AM

Sep 2012
nao almost spilled the beens and said that momo is infu's first love abd nifu's face was like say another word and i kill u 😂😂😂
Sugram22Jun 5, 2019 2:09 AM
Jun 27, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2016
Pretty enjoyable show could relate in a lot of ways with the characters. 7/10
Gonna miss Nifu and Nao

Sugram22 said:
nao almost spilled the beens and said that momo is infu's first love abd nifu's face was like say another word and i kill u 😂😂😂
it sure was the best part .
Aug 15, 2019 1:12 PM
May 2017
17:09 there is eromanga sensei poster on the wall. :thinking:
Aug 23, 2019 7:21 AM

Mar 2018
Nice episode but i'm kind of disappointed since i wanted to see more of Naoya.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 20, 2019 12:00 AM

Mar 2015
Overall a nice series!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 27, 2019 10:31 PM
Oct 2017
This is such a good anime!

Loved all the references throughout the whole anime!

The comedy was really funny!

Loved how they focused on each relationship equally!

All of the characters were really funny and it was fun watching them during this anime!

Nao almost exposing Hirotaka at the end was really funny!
My Candies:
Dec 1, 2019 8:31 AM
Nov 2019
was amazing, adorable, cute, kawaii, all the good things I absolutely love about romcom animes!!!

i frickin' ship all of them, but PLEASEEEE lemme see more of Nao-chan and Kou-kun!!!
Dec 7, 2019 10:53 AM
Jan 2019
Man that was fun, one of my fav rom coms in a while. Def a solid 8.
Jan 8, 2020 1:15 AM

Sep 2016
Anime is good but...it kinda just ended at a random time without much sense to it.
Just before relationship development even started properly.
Meh.
bruh
Feb 4, 2020 3:59 AM

Aug 2018
Overall,
It was fun and simple
really enjoyed it a lot especially kabakura and koyanagi's interactions.

Very relatable anime though but only 11 episodes why not make it 12 or 13 ehh

I hope for 2nd season and more development from them and i want to see Kou become more girl in style

So 9/10 for me!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 8, 2020 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
Simple and unfortunately short, yet very funny, relaxing, and enjoyable. I want more!
Apr 19, 2020 2:51 AM

May 2015
Well, 11 episodes and progress is almost not visible. Oh well.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 5, 2020 5:04 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, well, nice last ep. Nao was kinda annoying for me and Hirotaka was a bit boring imo. Kaba and Koya's moments were the ones I found more interesting most of the time.

6/10
D-ohnuts said:

In the case of this show, the majority of the jokes felt akin to The Big Bang Theory: "Hey look, we're referencing something lol", "Hey look, the characters are geeks lol"
I felt the same. I found it especially bad during the amusement park episode.
Aug 11, 2020 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
Quite an enjoying series. I would watch another 100 episodes of them doing silly stuff all day.
Aug 27, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2020
Brothers, we need a season 2 now, i need to se the couples get married, y'know
Jan 8, 2021 9:14 PM

Mar 2020
Mayuka said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

BRUH I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! LOLOLOL

Like the vibes it's give is kinda the same
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jan 22, 2021 12:16 AM

Jan 2018
Aight! I'm gonna read the manga cause I'm curious what happens next. Fufu~ -w-
Apr 15, 2021 11:09 AM
Jan 2021
Love it so funny and the romance is quite good too no drama well yeah eventhough this type of relationship is like impossible in reality i mean they're so awkward u know what i mean
but i love this type of mc and heroine where the mc is kinda cool and the girl is energetic cheerful etc
100/10 love it need season 2
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 13, 6:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.