Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2018 1:06 PM

Jan 2016
Man, this was awesome. it' s great to see that people who stuck with the show are liking it a lot more now.
Feb 17, 2018 1:07 PM
Mar 2017
Slark_90 said:
Lick_My_Anime said:
Liked it but this was so awfully awkward

they dont know about the meaning of this and dont forget that the have no idea about relationships between genders ........... they dont even have proper names -_____-

Curb your relationship 😂
Feb 17, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
cupc said:
Gainax/Trigger anime have never been studios to really base their anime on cutting edge real life science, just look at Gunbuster, TTGL, Panty and Stocking, KlK or whatever

Expecting some kind of an explanation for this other than "Hiro is really compatible with Zero Two and/or has great power of will" is foolish and then this anime is not for you

I've seen quite a few people raise this as an issue so I bit on it, just wondering what people were expecting if not exactly this going in to a Trigger anime, a rather light, easy to consume mecha anime with some darker twists

There's a difference between expecting science and expecting sense. Gurren Lagann, for all of its impossibilities, still made sense. This didn't. He appeared to have a giant growth on his stomach, and it's magically gone now because he decided he actually liked helping her? The only thing I can think of is that his willpower allowed him to control and fight through the pain, but it will come back later on to affect him again.
Feb 17, 2018 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
I'm really disappointed with this show. World lacks depth and I can't get myself to care about the characters. Six episodes in an we still don't know a thing about the world. All we get is bombastic action with scenes that are hard to follow. Gurren Lagann this is not.
What would Golgo do?
Feb 17, 2018 1:29 PM

Sep 2017
Well, it was totally clear that Hiro is going to survive the 3rd ride with Zero Two, but the momentum was absolutly amazing (in my eyes).
First everyone is sad and don't have any faith left, but the he returns from death and totally fuck this fucking Gutenberg-Form-thing's ass up.
The best and most emotional episode so far.

Feb 17, 2018 1:29 PM

May 2014
Sos_Help said:
Sparteh said:
For the first time after a long time and disappointment which was Aldnoah Zero I decided to watch mecha. It has potential, but what's with this soundtrack... If soundtrack during fight was a bit better, I would have rated this as nearly perfect mecha anime episode...

When they first launch(hiro/zero two) to fight the mobs that was amazing OST it has the potential

That "Awakening" OST? I completely agree, but it is only 1 soundtrack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 1:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The power of shounen was strooooonnnggg in this episode. I don't mind as long as the ride is good. While some previous episodes have channeled NGE, this one was a lot more Gurren Lagann or Gunbuster in its delivery.

I hope the blond guy at the end doesn't turn into the stock cliché enfuriating archetype 'blonde or white haired snide OP antagonist'. Those irritate me to no end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2018 1:36 PM
Jun 2016
Sparteh said:
Sos_Help said:

When they first launch(hiro/zero two) to fight the mobs that was amazing OST it has the potential

That "Awakening" OST? I completely agree, but it is only 1 soundtrack.

Ya that OST we still have more EP to see if we have more to this soundtrack
Feb 17, 2018 1:42 PM

Feb 2018
Hibikase said:

In this week's episode, our team fights a giant... metal Charjabug?

This is pure gold right here
Feb 17, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2016
I must say, this series is pretty damm good but I am not a fan of episode 6's ending. It felt like an asspull and their finishing move was just like the ending of episode 5 -not very creative.
I would've loved if Hiro fighted the damm moster with the venom in his veins and in the next episodes solved that sh*t -more creative.

And damm, this show was perfect for Sawano's OSTs. What a waste.
Feb 17, 2018 2:11 PM

Feb 2015
Nine Iota, huh? So Hiro's actually Nine Nine? Iota, of course, being the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet.

What a twist!

Great episode overall.
4/5
Feb 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2016
This has to be one my favorite episode in this series yet. The character development has starting to shine in this episode, a good example is Goro being a good friend to help Ichigo continuing battling the giant klaxosaur. I think if the pasting, story keeps like this, this anime possibly a huge success. My expectation is high on this anime.
Feb 17, 2018 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
This Show Makes me fall in love with it more and more with every Episode.

It seems that Hiro is gtting over that virus spreading across his body. I fell like it will have an important role later mabe as a way to power Hiro up. Maybe Hiro starts controllig it to use it as a boost or to push himself past the limit. Maybe Hiro also has Klaxosaurus blood and that is why he is so compatible with 02 and that is why his body reacts that way when he rides with 02.

So many Questions unanswered. At least the Anime will be 24 eps long and not 12.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
Omg, I wasn't expecting this to turn into the next TTGL but it very well just might. The OST is amazing, the ED and the battle theme from this episode got stuck in my head for sure.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Feb 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Dec 2016
Team 016 were impressive to watch, a huge difference in teamwork compred to our regular cast.

That Klaxosaur is a real tough one.

I'm glad Goro got mad at Ichigo, she really needs to be replaced as leader, her own feelings and emotions are a burden to the team.

I was fearing the worst for Zero Two & Hiro but they somehow came through, even got wings, that wa spretty cool.
Feb 17, 2018 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
Hiro beats Cancer/Aids and returns as a resolute warrior.

I like how this turned up.
Pretty decent episode, we got some nice action scenes, team 13 is improving their teamwork, and Zero Two is lone no more.

Seems like next episodes are going to dig into the world's background and setting.
Feb 17, 2018 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
He could not let her fight alone so he became her wings
landofthekwtFeb 18, 2018 9:36 AM
Feb 17, 2018 2:34 PM

Dec 2010
A bit anticlimatic and predictable but still good anyway thanks to Zero Two.

4/5
Feb 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Mar 2014
It was a solid episode but what bugs me is:

1) Hiro healing at least to the point of being functional

2) Strelizia was fucking slammed on the wall for god knows how many times. And as soon as Hiro gets his motivation back then Strelizia is back on the game magically as if the actual machine had no technical issues

anyway Ichigo is still best grill, but I hope for some actual character development especially from Hiro. So far he seems like those self-insert harem protagonists that Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voices lol. Zero Two has gotten some development going but Hiro is pretty much blank even if we take his internal monologue into account
Feb 17, 2018 2:42 PM
Nov 2017
Getting into the nice Trigger cockpit scenes reminiscent of Gainax during Gurren Laggan. Whoop. Seeing Team 26's co-ordination take down of the Klaxosaurs vs Team 13s was interesting.

It seems to me that team 26 sets the normal Franxx team as being "everyones balanced" and no special traits for each member. Vs team 13s each individual Franxx has a unique trait and combined they come together to make some badassary.

So far the last 3 episodes have redeemed ep1-3s needless drama. Quite enjoying this.
Feb 17, 2018 3:00 PM

Feb 2018
Soo.. is nobody gonna talk about how dr.franxx just appeared after being literally dead for the last 4 episodes? What could that wish be? Why the evangelion wings though?
Feb 17, 2018 3:04 PM

Apr 2010
Worst girl got sibling zoned. RIP shippers.
Feb 17, 2018 3:05 PM

Nov 2007
Hibaena said:
Soo.. is nobody gonna talk about how dr.franxx just appeared after being literally dead for the last 4 episodes? What could that wish be? Why the evangelion wings though?

shanimebib said:
- Dr. Pervert makes his appearance again at the right moment. He must be feeling great to see things going the way he might have predicted? Who knows.

If this counts then yeah, I dunno.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 3:10 PM
Jul 2014
Tomlora said:
KuroRyuu234 said:
I really wonder how will they explain Hiro's recovery or if he Will turn into a hybrid as 002, but I don't think so since she was born that way.
What that Nine said at The end "Nine Iota" I wonder if he was refering to 002 and if he was, why? I get that "the nines" are a group which fights in the front lines and that 002 was fighting there too, but why refer to her as "Iota" it doesn't even sound anything like her Code.

Fappa said :
"9 Iota" -> Iota is greek and can basically be interpreted as "10" -> 910 = 016 turned on its head.

Edit : You're too fast Fappa :x

And this character and Hiro are very physically similar.

Nice catch. I picked up on the Iota pretty quickly, but didn't get the flipped 16.

I thought it referred to Zero-Two somehow.

shanimebib said:
Hibaena said:

shanimebib said:
- Dr. Pervert makes his appearance again at the right moment. He must be feeling great to see things going the way he might have predicted? Who knows.

If this counts then yeah, I dunno.

If we're looking at the parable of the Jian, wouldn't the wings symbolize that they're in perfect harmony?
Feb 17, 2018 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
I thought the protag would go Kamina.. apparently not.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 17, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
This is the best episode of this anime so far
Feb 17, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
This episode for me was disappointing. I still don't find the Klauxosaurs all that threatening and coming from the previous episode where everything felt so foreboding and was filled with dread and the fact that this episode started off with no intro, this episode didn't feel all that different from either ep.3 or 4 where the mission was pretty much a total success and everyone was able to walk away from it. It didn't feel like there was any consequences from this mission.

I'm also not a big fan of some of the shots that were taken this episode like that dead centered shot of Ichigo's ass as she was getting into her position in the cockpit. Again comming from the previous episode I figured they would move past that but guess I was wrong.

Also why did the old man just reappear after 5 episodes of him being M.I.A?
Feb 17, 2018 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode! The producers have been working hard and delivering :)

Anyone noticed the absence of the opening & ending themes in this episode? Seems like we're heading into a new arc.

I hope next week's release will be new content and not a summary episode.
Feb 17, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2018
MadSkulz said:
Awesome episode! The producers have been working hard and delivering :)

Anyone noticed the absence of the opening & ending themes in this episode? Seems like we're heading into a new arc.

I hope next week's release will be new content and not a summary episode.

With the opening and ending themes, this episode would have exceeded 24 minutes.
Feb 17, 2018 3:28 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Great episode!
I'm all for 02 being with Hiro but poor Ichigo, I feel bad seeing her struggle with her feelings ;;
Action scenes were okay though & I seriously thought the pilots from Plantation 26 will end up dying, but it's good that they survived!

Ichigo was cute this episode, Don't cry Ichigo!!

Goro is also starting to grow on me, I liked how he tired to stay calm & tried helping Ichigo stay focused!
He's such a good friend.

Hmm, seems like the Blue Oni thing didn't happen this time + I wonder how did he get better all of a sudden though. Guess his resolve magically healed him or perhaps the power of love, lol.

Looking forward to the next episode ~
-ArisaFeb 17, 2018 4:00 PM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Feb 17, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Wait the robots run on fuel?! I was under the impression they were powered by semen and teenage hormones.
Feb 17, 2018 3:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
zixt said:
The power of love won again...

Shit.

Lol, would like to see that explained also, what was it that Hiro was really undergoing, more in detail than in ep5

Ragrats said:
Best moment of the episode:

Feel that too, dunno if this is really the best episode so far, but that scene was beautiful enough, and the animation was spot on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann epicness, so yeah, great episode.
Feb 17, 2018 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
Good anime and episode ...but artwork of fights is too bad in my opinion
Feb 17, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
EpsilonX said:
cupc said:
Gainax/Trigger anime have never been studios to really base their anime on cutting edge real life science, just look at Gunbuster, TTGL, Panty and Stocking, KlK or whatever

Expecting some kind of an explanation for this other than "Hiro is really compatible with Zero Two and/or has great power of will" is foolish and then this anime is not for you

I've seen quite a few people raise this as an issue so I bit on it, just wondering what people were expecting if not exactly this going in to a Trigger anime, a rather light, easy to consume mecha anime with some darker twists

There's a difference between expecting science and expecting sense. Gurren Lagann, for all of its impossibilities, still made sense. This didn't. He appeared to have a giant growth on his stomach, and it's magically gone now because he decided he actually liked helping her? The only thing I can think of is that his willpower allowed him to control and fight through the pain, but it will come back later on to affect him again.

Gurren Lagann based its science on "spiral energy" aka magic which is about as ridiculous as Hiro healing his aids with the power of will
Feb 17, 2018 3:54 PM

Jun 2017
Well, we all knew deep down that the development would be cliché but boi, it was executed amazingly.

I actually got surprised that Ichigo sibling zoned herself instead of Hiro not catching what she said, heck he even asked back to continue lol. I wonder if the love triangle will go somewhere, I like Ichigo too but she doesn't seem to stand a chance. Why do the writers always have to create a character to just suffer?

We saw ruins when the Klaxosaurs passed so I am assuming we are still on Earth. It would be really good to know some more info on them. Even the manga barely mentions anything but it does say that they just randomly appeared one day and humanity got fucked. So yeah, it's probably either aliens or human tech gone rogue.

Glad to see that Futoshi also cares about Kokoro, it seems Mitsuru is the only one who gives no fucks about his partner.

Goro was a real MVP as usual.

I expected pretty lame FranXX designs for the team from plantation 26 but they ended up looking kind of cool. Their kit was also diverse enough. I was also prepared for all of them dying but everyone lived lol. Since their leader questioned plantation 13's thrown together squad there is no question that everyone is special there now.

Yey for Hiro conquering Dino AIDS. They will probably explain that in the next episode, Dr. Pervert seems to know what's going on anyway. It does seem like Naomi is really dead if Hiro met her unless it was possible only because he didn't die completely at that moment yet. Maybe she will come back later.

It was crazy how Zero Two lost control and also looked pretty heartbreaking. At least it's confirmed now that pistils take physical damage when the FranXX gets shrekt.

Ichigo crying at the end was a nice addition and we also got a glimpse of the elites. Can't wait for what happens next. Also props for the studio for not ending this in a cliffhanger and instead the opening and ending was omitted.
Feb 17, 2018 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
pah, i'm hella disappointed that they didn't kill off hiro. i knew it was super unlikely but i would've respected them so much for having the balls to do that.
also agree that the sudden 'healing' was a cop-out bullshit move. i would've taken "he somehow finds the strength to go on even though he's completely wiped out" easier to swallow than this crap. oh well.

good episode otherwise, though.
Feb 17, 2018 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
They better give a really good explanation as to how Hiro cured his dino aids because it was extremely dumb.
Sigh.
Feb 17, 2018 4:26 PM

Dec 2015
Im expecting explanation from the doctor in the next regarding how hiro could heal the aids, or maybe reverse the cause. I thought he will stay sick like that or turned into a hybrid. Looking foward next week
Feb 17, 2018 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
firemagnet said:
Tomlora said:

Fappa said :
"9 Iota" -> Iota is greek and can basically be interpreted as "10" -> 910 = 016 turned on its head.

Edit : You're too fast Fappa :x

And this character and Hiro are very physically similar.

Nice catch. I picked up on the Iota pretty quickly, but didn't get the flipped 16.

I thought it referred to Zero-Two somehow.

I think 9' α was referring to 016. Obviously because he said "getting along" so he couldn't have meant 002 because everyone was swarming around 016.
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 4:35 PM
Jan 2018
Mandanara said:
I'm really disappointed with this show. World lacks depth and I can't get myself to care about the characters. Six episodes in an we still don't know a thing about the world. All we get is bombastic action with scenes that are hard to follow. Gurren Lagann this is not.

This is too good. People were calling this show bad for being an eva/Gurren copy for the first few episodes, now its being called bad for not being an eva/Gurren copy.

It seems to be the same deal with action here; no action = bad. Action = also bad. Seriously, how can you critique anything if you don't have a set standard for what is good and bad?
Feb 17, 2018 4:37 PM

Jun 2016
"LET'S FLY WITH OUR WINGS" IS THE NEW "MINE IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS"
Feb 17, 2018 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
What's up with that cutting to text on a black screen meme that anime keeps doing more and more? Is it for dramatic effect? It's kinda lame, feels oddly pretentious too. Not a fan of that meme.

Good episode. I keep waiting for something tragic to happen though.
Feb 17, 2018 4:42 PM
Jan 2018
ReddayeSocks said:
They better give a really good explanation as to how Hiro cured his dino aids because it was extremely dumb.

They have to keep something from the viewers. I wouldn't be so enthusiastic to watch this show every Saturday if there was nothing left unresolved to keep me coming back. That's also what makes the final episode so special: It's the ending - everything is resolved (provided there is no second season, and the plot is half-decent).
Feb 17, 2018 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
Pityfool said:
ReddayeSocks said:

They have to keep something from the viewers. I wouldn't be so enthusiastic to watch this show every Saturday if there was nothing left unresolved to keep me coming back. That's also what makes the final episode so special: It's the ending - everything is resolved (provided there is no second season, and the plot is half-decent).

You might be a little too optimistic. It could just be for dramatic effect: hero is in trouble ("road of trials"), finds motivation to fight on ("meeting with the goddess"), regains strength ("apotheosis") and overcomes the obstacle ("overcoming the challenge"). Classic Hero's Journey stuff. They might briefly give some half-assed explanation for it, but I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to come of it.
ex_necrossFeb 17, 2018 4:54 PM
Feb 17, 2018 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
ex_necross said:
Pityfool said:

You might be a little too optimistic. It could just be for dramatic effect: hero is in trouble, finds motivation to fight on, regains strength and overcomes the obstacle. Classic Hero's Journey stuff. They might briefly give some half-assed explanation for it, but I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to come of it.

Well, they did mention that he is special specimen. So, that's probably we will all get. And it seems like he was supposed to be with the NINES. So while everyone was thinking 002 will be taken away from the 13th, maybe the target of NINES will be 016. After seeing the final segment again, I am sure 9' α was referring to 016 at the end of the episode.
Coronavirus.
Feb 17, 2018 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
shanimebib said:
ex_necross said:

You might be a little too optimistic. It could just be for dramatic effect: hero is in trouble, finds motivation to fight on, regains strength and overcomes the obstacle. Classic Hero's Journey stuff. They might briefly give some half-assed explanation for it, but I wouldn't expect anything meaningful to come of it.

Well, they did mention that he is special specimen. So, that's probably we will all get. And it seems like he was supposed to be with the NINES. So while everyone was thinking 002 will be taken away from the 13th, maybe the target of NINES will be 016. After seeing the final segment again, I am sure 9' α was referring to 016 at the end of the episode.

Well, any hero must be the chosen one. Dino resistance / whatever it turns out to be is likely the story driver there.
Feb 17, 2018 4:58 PM
Jul 2016
Oni's theory is not over, since she herself [Zero Two] says that he will have to put up with it more than once. I do not think he got away with the problem. I liked the scene in which she was upset, it shows that despair also affects her, even if it is manifest in the form of fury. I think everything was developed in the previous episode so that this was so, there is nothing to complain about. But of course, I can not speak for others. Lol
Feb 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Aug 2016
Pityfool said:
Mandanara said:

This is too good. People were calling this show bad for being an eva/Gurren copy for the first few episodes, now its being called bad for not being an eva/Gurren copy.

It seems to be the same deal with action here; no action = bad. Action = also bad. Seriously, how can you critique anything if you don't have a set standard for what is good and bad?

I didn't mean that it should be a Gurren Lagann copy. Rather I hoped it would be of Gurren Lagann quality. Everything about this show is awfully generic, apart from the only distinguishing "quality" is that the controls for the mechs pop up from girls behinds. I could forgive those uninspiring fight scenes if the characters had some depth to them while now each and every one of them can be described with a single sentence. I really find it hard to like these characters and be invested into their story when they are a walking collection of worn out cliches.
What would Golgo do?
Feb 17, 2018 5:25 PM

Feb 2014
The most powerful and amazing part of the episode for me is when Hiro was supposedly dead and was having that monologue and then he saw that Zero Two was continuing to fight (mad props to her). He then regained himself and gave her that hug, and in that moment, Zero Two knew she wasn't alone anymore. That was just fantastic.

The entire episode was phenomenal and the animation was just stellar. The final pierce was so epic and Zero Two and Hiro walking out together out of the cockpit was nice.

Can't wait for the next episode and I wonder who that guy was.
Feb 17, 2018 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far, action packed and the fight scenes were beautifully animated (as to be expected). Poor Ichigo, she got to hear exactly what she didn't want to hear from Hiro, eventho she called it upon herself . I do like her tho, besides Zero Two, my favorite characters.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

331 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

66 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

258 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.