Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2014
At last one of my most anticipated anime this winter, i read few chapters of manga before and really happy when it gets adapted, and also i have high expectation on this adaptation.

the adaptation(anime) makes the funny lovely comedic situation between takagi and nishikata more lively, especially for the eraser moments ( double blush XD).

I think it will not cover all of the manga, but i hope at least this series later ends in most memorable chapter from the manga

bastek66 said:

Btw, really you should read the manga, it got so popular recently it got spin off about mother teasing her daughter

yeah, i already read some chapters from their grown up version and that's really cute and funny,

i still postpone reading the original one tho because the adaption come :D

Jan 13, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2013
Tease-dere/5

That was hilarious. She's such a tease. And that sweet "you finally looked at me"... cute show.
Jan 13, 2018 2:35 PM
Dec 2017
Hello, I think this anime is silly. Maybe it worked as manga, but in motion picture format it quickly becomes absurd. Why? Because a man simply cannot let such jokes happen to him, i.e. to quote Cyrano:
"For I let off these good things at myself, and with sufficient zest, but do not suffer another to let them off at me!"

Thus the boy MC should either beat the girl MC until she wizens up at the loss of teeth if necessary, SJW non-withstanding or the boy resigns to his plight, but then he's not a man, so why should the girl be interested in him?
Jan 13, 2018 2:40 PM

Aug 2016
This anime is calling my attention, I hope that in future episodes keep that essence so healthy and warm that characterized this first episode.

5/5

Takagi-san is so cute!
Jan 13, 2018 9:33 PM
Sep 2017
Happy to see the manga being animated.Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 14, 2018 1:20 AM

Jun 2017
Best first episode of this season for sure. I love Takagi
Jan 14, 2018 11:04 AM
Feb 2017
The show is pretty okay so far. But I'm not exactly interested, so I'll just drop it.

Jan 14, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2015
This anime is so cute. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2018 4:13 PM
Aug 2017
Takagi-san is too cute, even i don't know her name
I feel more enjoy watching this anime, than the other cheap fanservice anime or maybe im just getting tired of that genre anime and looking for retro one
Jan 14, 2018 6:03 PM

Oct 2014
damn, takagi is a LOT more cute and pretty in the anime!

great episode 1. looking forward to it
Jan 14, 2018 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
-their teacher sure is a looker
-1000D chess
-takagi is so fuckin smug
-that little nishikata PoV camera thing was kind of cute
-feels bad man
-i fucking love this show already
-this is some danganronpa level reasoning
-i totally expected her to be in the supply closet
-same dude, same
-mina's got some T H I Q U E eyebrows
-i love this show
-yes just completely ignore takagi there
-also i fucking love this ED, it was the main reason i finally decided to watch this show
-mina's group seems like a pretty good alternate gag source if/when the takagi schtick gets old, but i don't foresee that happening for now

I was pleasantlly surprised by the first episode of this. Somehow it seems like I've been saying that a lot for the shows I'm watching this season, but, like, this episode was legitimately really funny. The type of mindgames Takagi pulled were super entertaining to watch, although I'm not exactly sure about the longevity of the type of humor shown in the first episode. In my personal experience, the vast majority of shows that I've seen with a very strong and impressionable first episode just can't live up to the heightened expectations and just fizzle out as the show goes on. From what I've heard from other sources the manga itself stays pretty consistent in quality, so maybe this'll be the first show in a while to defy the expectation. I sincerely hope this is the case.

While the humor of the episode was up there, Takagi herself also just comes off as extremely endearing and just overall seems to just be wholeheartedly and legitimately enjoying life. It also happens to be pretty contagious (although probably not to Nishikata). I even instantly added Takagi to my favorites after I finished watching the episode. Nishikata himself is also like a perfect recipient for Takagi's antics so I happen to think the two work really well together. The things that I believe sets this duo apart from similar ones (for example, Raphi and Satania from Gabriel Dropout) is how there is entirely no malice in this show, and Takagi is actually clever with her gags. Purely for comparison purposes, the dynamic between Raphi and Satania was terrible because everything Raphi did was absolutely obvious and drawn out to the point where it went negative on the humor scale. Takagi and Nishikata just do the whole routine so much better comparatively, and that's also probably a primary reason this episode stood out to me.

On a completely unrelated note, this ED is probably my favorite of the season so far. All in all, this was a lovely episode and I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Jan 15, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2009
This was fun to watch, though I do think Nishikata is a bit of an idiot for not seeing through some obvious traps, especially when he is the one who leads Takagi into them.

For example, the eraser bit would have failed if he turned it around in his hand, rather than picking it straight up. And had he then saw his name, he would have known right away that she also has a crush on him, just as much as he has on her.

And with the hide-and-seek part, I too predicted that she wouldn't actually be under that desk, but somewhere else. And when he went to the locker, I figured she'd probably be behind the curtain, and lo and behold, I was correct.

That aside, the show looks very nice, and the girl is cute as fuck, so no complaints there. However, I do think this show could have easily been half as long. it worked for T0onari no Seki-kun (which this definitely reminds me of), so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2018 5:25 PM
Jan 2018
Takagi is cute I love the way she tease him lol
Jan 15, 2018 7:33 PM
Apr 2016
takagi is waifu material
Jan 16, 2018 7:40 AM
Jul 2016
I loved the episode!! Kind of reminds me of Tonari no Seki-kun (though roles are reversed)
Jan 16, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
I'm sorry, but I found this to be boring. Perhaps I'm biased because of Tonari no Seki-kun, but it was way too predictable and repetitive. Like others have mentioned, based on this first episode, I think it's better suited to a half-length or shorter format. I'll stick around for a few more episodes with the hope that it'll get better.
Jan 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2011
This looks like it's going to be fun to watch.
Jan 16, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2010
That face when he finds out she's staring at him, and asks him to have a stare contest. Too adorable.
Jan 17, 2018 6:05 AM

Jun 2016
I decided to watch this for Kaji-kyun is one of the cast despite it being a (hetero) romance anime, and wasn't expecting that I'm going to end up enjoying the show itself. The two characters are so funny. Hahaha. I really liked its first episode. Poor Nishikata!

The humor is definitely funny and that animation is so cute.

Will definitely continue watching for my Kaji-kyun. Haha.

5/5. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)οΌβ˜†β™ͺβ™ͺβ˜†οΌΌ(^0^οΌΌ)
Jan 18, 2018 8:32 PM

Sep 2017
Good start I thought it was a refreshing, silly, and overall a chill watch.
Jan 19, 2018 8:11 PM

Jan 2015
So... It's like Masamune's revenge but younger character? Not that funny though, but I guess that's because it's just the first episode? Oh well, I think I'll just follow it for now. And did Nishikata only do hilarious things when its English lesson?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 19, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2014
A battle of pranks between two grade schoolers who clearly like each other.

That was precious.

5/5
Jan 21, 2018 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
lol he's no match for her

might be better as a 12 minute though
darkninj12Jan 21, 2018 9:17 AM
Jan 25, 2018 8:29 PM
Jan 2017
I am immediately drawing similarities to Tonari no Seki-kun . This is good I love it so far

Jan 27, 2018 10:25 AM
Nov 2017
really enjoyed this first episode, but coming from the manga i dont really expect any development
Jan 29, 2018 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
This was cute and all but I don't think I can take 12 episodes of this. Tonari no Seki-kun is a very similar series that I gave a 10 rating to, but it was in manageable 7 minute bites and it was just a kid doing very weird things and the girl reacting in her head on her own. I think I enjoyed the dynamic of the characters in that series more than I do in this series.

I can tell this series does what it wants to do very well, but I don't think it is my cup of tea.
Jan 30, 2018 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
To me the show was okay. I didn't think the gags were all that funny but Takagi seems pretty interesting so I may keep watching just for her. Also did anyone notice how big these kids foreheads are? I kind of get lost staring tbh.
Feb 2, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
This is fucking adorable!!! I love it already.
Feb 6, 2018 12:46 AM

Feb 2016
this girl is real legend
Feb 10, 2018 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
Very fun to watch!
Nishi almost found out that Takagi have a crush on him, he was just no luck to choose the right eraser side.
Feb 11, 2018 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
Weaponized cuteness.
Feb 12, 2018 3:45 AM

Sep 2011
Such a lovely anime so far, I can't wait to see more, especially knowing a few spoilers :D
Feb 12, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Kaji Yuki?! No way. dis aint real xD
Feb 12, 2018 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
Takagi-san is really cute but her forehead is huge af XD.

Feb 12, 2018 4:27 PM
Oct 2017
Why did they steal the whole plot from tonari no seki kun???? The first 5 mins are basically a bad rendition of the masterpice. Will keep watching in hopes of originality...
Feb 12, 2018 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
omg Takagi is the cutest troll gotta say this series is really good Nishikata is an idiot but i like him alot lol i dont mind mc males like him tbh

also for the trio can already tell that they will always show up when something is about to happen with Takagi and Nishikata though Mina is my fave out of the 3

but anyway we already know how things are gonna end up but its gonna be fun seeing all the thing that happens that leads to it
"one step at a time"
Mar 23, 2018 6:44 PM
Jul 2015
If the facial expressions stay this fluid and vibrant, it'll be worth watching on that basis alone.
Mar 29, 2018 4:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This was damm cute and fun to watch, but I hope they change the format a bit, since it can be repetitive if it keeps going like this.
Apr 7, 2018 5:51 AM

Sep 2017
Nishikata is one of those people who can be easily read and Takagi is an excellent reader. The dynamic works quite well dependant on her never crossing the line between messing with him and bullying, which is where the teasing by saying nice things comes in, it gets him embarrassed, but she doesn't ridicule him afterwards for believing a compliment from her. So underneath it all they're both able to remain friends

Considering screwing with each other is what friends do more than anything else, it's surprising we don't see more relationships like this
Apr 28, 2018 1:08 AM

Jul 2015
I really like Takagi's personality. Reminds me a lot of myself, because it's usually me doing that kind of thing in my relationships with all my really close friends, and it's pretty fun haha. I mean, as long as the other person is aware of it and doesn't think much about it, of course. These kinds of "playful" relationships are are one of the best kinds to have, imo. So with that being said, I'm quite enjoying this anime so far. It's a bit frustrating how the MC is a bit powerless tho, so hopefully he'll be able to counter her soon enough.

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
May 9, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, you can build an airport on that forehead.
Aug 9, 2018 9:41 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was quite the interesting episode if you ask me, quite funny and enjoyable to watch! The pacing is just right as well. Looking forwards to see what this anime has to offer!
Oct 13, 2018 1:14 AM

Sep 2008
It felt so formulaic. Like I was watching Tom and Jerry.
Nov 28, 2018 10:11 PM

May 2013
Takagi is so adorbssssss~ :D

idk if I can watch a whole anime series about a cute girl pranking the guy who mutually crushes on her though ^^"

OMG THIS ENDING SONGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I USED TO LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME BC I WAS A HUGE FAN OF IKIMONO GAKARI AND YUI AT THE TIME. WAOWAOWAOOOOO :D it's been featured in an anime series now yeyeyeyyyy :D super cute song haha
Mar 16, 2019 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't know anime was still capable of making girls this precious.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 31, 2019 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
not a bad first episode. some of the jokes made me laugh.
Jun 7, 2019 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jun 23, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2017
what the fuck did I just watch?

It was ok but I didn't like that part where the whole class and the professor can only hear Nishikata but not Takagi while she was laughing and joking. It seems a bit forced.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 23, 2019 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao comedy was really good! I look forward to these two seasons!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 7, 2020 1:21 AM

Mar 2020
Kaguya-sama: The Kidz Bop version
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2018

113 by RGreatDanton »»
May 4, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2018

122 by RGreatDanton »»
May 4, 4:50 AM

» Need suggestions

Reckless_weeb - Jan 30

30 by Reckless_weeb »»
Apr 20, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

150 by AnimeXPapi »»
Mar 28, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

216 by _untitled »»
Mar 18, 4:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.