Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 24, 2017 8:06 PM

Sep 2016
Daliesk said:
best thing about the anime adaptation is that it explains things better than the manga.

Mostly because the manga's translation isn't official so it's super inconsistent whereas the subs are obviously more competent.
Sep 24, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Orby managed to survive that? It really is op...

Nanachi is so much fun :)

Dat cliffhanger!
Sep 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2017
Savajho said:
Daliesk said:
best thing about the anime adaptation is that it explains things better than the manga.

Mostly because the manga's translation isn't official so it's super inconsistent whereas the subs are obviously more competent.

Can confirm. The anime dialogue is pretty much all taken word for word from the manga.
Sep 25, 2017 3:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
She want kill Mitty....understand the point, and hope not !!!!
Sep 25, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2017
is posible second season, anyone knows something?
Sep 25, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
Victor_BR said:
Mariecat1 said:
Next episode: "The Challengers". Yup, we will reach that part. I'm so excited!! Prepare tissues for next episode and get ready for greatest dad!

It seems you don't use your brain. Do you REALLY think they can fit 16 chapters in 60 minutes? You know, it's not that hard to realise this, just have to think a little.

I don't remember the source for what I'm about to say, so apologies if it turns out to be inaccurate, but I believe the director said the ending of the anime would be rather rushed... that's the last thing I'm hoping for though.
Sep 25, 2017 6:06 PM
Nov 2016
aryandil said:
Victor_BR said:

It seems you don't use your brain. Do you REALLY think they can fit 16 chapters in 60 minutes? You know, it's not that hard to realise this, just have to think a little.

I don't remember the source for what I'm about to say, so apologies if it turns out to be inaccurate, but I believe the director said the ending of the anime would be rather rushed... that's the last thing I'm hoping for though.

Well, shit. As long as they don't fuck up too much... Still, I think your source is indeed innacurate.
Sep 25, 2017 6:08 PM

Dec 2016
Victor_BR said:
aryandil said:

Well, shit. As long as they don't fuck up too much...

Right, which is why I'm hoping this information is inaccurate and we at least have a well-paced ending.
Sep 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Jun 2011
aryandil said:
Victor_BR said:

Well, shit. As long as they don't fuck up too much...

Right, which is why I'm hoping this information is inaccurate and we at least have a well-paced ending.
since it 1 hour episode i think they wont rush it too much
Sep 26, 2017 2:50 AM

Feb 2014
Alright we will see what happens to Mitty next week and hope they can go through bottom the 6th layer.
Sep 26, 2017 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
Why I'm always holding my laugh when I see the comment section about Made in Abyss episode *lol

I'll keep the spoiler myself, pretty sure most of you that'll be watching the next episode will be shocked.

But what I'm worried about is the title for the next episode, "The Challenger", I hope the studio didn't butchered the story
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Sep 26, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2016
singgihspd said:
Why I'm always holding my laugh when I see the comment section about Made in Abyss episode *lol

I'll keep the spoiler myself, pretty sure most of you that'll be watching the next episode will be shocked.

But what I'm worried about is the title for the next episode, "The Challengers", I hope the studio didn't butchered the story

If they're going for this, there's no middle ground. It will either be terrible or masterful (and i hope it's the latter)
Sep 26, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
elior1 said:
aryandil said:

I haven't read the manga, but at the pace we're going and what manga readers claim is a decent ending for the series, we will have to rush through everything to get to that certain point. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what the director has truly planned for this last episode.
Sep 26, 2017 10:47 PM
Jun 2011
aryandil said:
elior1 said:

I haven't read the manga, but at the pace we're going and what manga readers claim is a decent ending for the series, we will have to rush through everything to get to that certain point. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what the director has truly planned for this last episode.
without spoilers i say there are many places they can stop to do a decent ending not just one
Sep 26, 2017 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
This ship at the beginning was really nice to look at

Nanachi is the best.
She was so cute when she was embarrassed that her food tasted bad!

I really hope we get another season, 'cause we need more of her!

dankd3r3 said:
Sigh one more episode left and I haven't even been properly disturbed by this show yet.

I thought Nanachi was just pretending to be nice and was actually plotting to kill them both, and then upon realizing this Reg would attempt to escape with Riko. Then he realizes that Riko is now dead. He mourns her death, and then he remembers the cube in Ozen's chamber. He ascends back to Seeker Camp, shoves Riko's corpse back in, Riko comes back to life but is now a zombie, and her longing for the abyss more intense than ever :o Come on guys what the heck

Well, if it makes you feel better, I've heard
I haven't read the manga.
Sep 27, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2016
elior1 said:
aryandil said:

without spoilers i say there are many places they can stop to do a decent ending not just one

I'm going by the consensus of most of the manga readers, but good for us all if what you say is true.
Sep 27, 2017 2:48 PM
Jun 2011
aryandil said:
elior1 said:

I'm going by the consensus of most of the manga readers, but good for us all if what you say is true.
i also a manga reader but i guess we will wait and see before we decide whatever it good ending point or not.
Sep 27, 2017 6:22 PM
Sep 2011
I read the part of the manga from chapter 23-42 today. So the first 12 episodes of the show cover roughly the first 22 chapters, the last episode will likely cover from chapter 23-38 but it will be an hour long (the length of 3 episodes roughly). Chapter 38 and episode 13 are both called "the challengers" and that concludes the next story arc, it seems like the logical place to end the season.

At first this would seem bad, I mean condensing 16 chapters into just 3 episodes is rough. I think however that it's easily doable. The plot for most of it is a lot more straightforward and can probably be covered a lot faster.Theres also several chapters that are for the most part battles with a few lines that would probably only take a few minutes in anime form. With how complicated the battle panels are, they don't usually put words in during them, and instead put panels between them for dialogue. I really think its very doable without even making it feel very rushed. Perhaps 1 more episode would be ideal but it could still be satisfying regardless. I also expect the flashbacks to take a lot less time in the anime.

Naming the episode the challengers also makes me think its very unlikely for them to give it an anime original ending to quickly wrap things up since the manga clearly hasn't ended yet.
(placeholder sig)
Sep 28, 2017 2:07 AM

Sep 2016
If anyone is interested the preview for episode 13 has been released http://miabyss.com/story13.html
Sep 28, 2017 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
Because I really can't stand Riko, her being unconscious another whole episode really made me realize that I would like this much more if she wasn't around at all......
Sep 28, 2017 9:37 PM
Oct 2015
That request though in the end well, either way, hype for the 1-hour special episode.
Heckle was here...
Sep 29, 2017 12:32 AM

Nov 2016
Black_wind said:
Because I really can't stand Riko, her being unconscious another whole episode really made me realize that I would like this much more if she wasn't around at all......

If she wasn't around then Made in Abyss wouldn't even happen
Sep 29, 2017 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, boy. That ending. Tears are coming, huh? Poor little Mitty.

Sad to see this show end. Summer season absolutely flew by. Best anime of the season, for sure.
Sep 30, 2017 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
Time flied this episode. Always a hallmark of a good little show. The next one should be amazing. To be announced...a few hours later for me
Sep 30, 2017 8:17 AM

Jun 2013
I'm so happy that Kiyui is doing much better now. I was worried when Kiyui got sick, I thought he was going to die. I guess staying FAR AWAY FROM THE FUCKING CRATER FROM HELL helps a lot :D

Mitty mounted Riko-chan and was like, "BITCH, my body made that medicine! You better be grateful!" lol

Damn, Nanachi went from "Mitty's my bff" to "Please kill her." D:
臭い-
Sep 30, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting what you can see in this episode. Nanchi is cute and even Mitty has all her sweetness. The end leaves me stunned, oh my God! D:
Oct 1, 2017 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Axelucard said:
I feel bad for Mitty
Yeah, during the eye sequence you hear a girl cry continuously on Mitty's side, heart-wrenching.

Kiyui is safe at least. The birthday disease is pretty weird, closest thing it reminds me of is chronical malaria, which means a parasite should be in conjonction with the force field.
Oct 2, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2016
Another great episode, these last few episodes were amazing.
Oct 3, 2017 3:57 AM
Dec 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's nice this episode gives more screen time for characters outside of the Abyss even if it wasn't long.

For some reason, I really like Nanachi and Reg's character chemistry this episode. Not to mention, Reg is able to learn more valuable survival skills from Nanachi. I feel like this episode is setting up for the finale.

Mitty is such a weird creature imo. I felt bad for Riko still, the things she's going through is hard to imagine from her point of view. I love the way they used the psychology of this episode still. The way that Reg returned to take on the monster that previously hurt Riko was rather thrilling.

I feel the same way. I wonder how the infinity bell ties in with the Oro(and other creatures), that can 'see the future'.
Oct 5, 2017 8:23 PM

Feb 2012
I was kinda expecting Leader to still be chasing after them or they would find Leader dead deeper in the abyss. Maybe a scene showing his perspective chasing after them and then stopping at the 2nd layer or something?

I really liked Nanachi and Regu interacting this episode. The explanation about the curse was really interesting and that Mitty scene oh man preparing myself for some tragic backstory :(.
Oct 7, 2017 6:32 PM

May 2012
Damn what an episode, and what an ending! But with one more episode, I really do wonder what's next, and man I'll be awaiting a second season so damn hard now!
Oct 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
Damn the whole pretty much invisible cloth Abyss curse thing is pretty cool and interesting, like what a strange way to be horribly cursed for the rest of your life lol.

Also Reg is sooooo COOL!!

And yay Nanachi is probably coming with Reg and Riko for the rest of the adventure because why else would she ask Reg to kill Mitty?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 9, 2017 2:26 PM

Sep 2010
Riko being unconscious throughout entire two episodes sure made me realize that I don't like her much... or should I say, as a character she is rather good but she really shouldn't be in this series. She worked really good as a character in the opening few episodes where danger wasn't that big but here... I can't think about her in any other way than extra burden to carry.

Truly if this was a game and those would be the characters that players play as any reasonable party would kick her out and tell her to go to the first dungeon to level up first.

In any case, I really look forward to Nanachi and Mitty's full backstory as it will definitely be good and completely mess up.
Oct 9, 2017 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
Found it odd the Regu didn't faint after firing.

Nanachi's request was pretty unexpected.
Oct 10, 2017 11:59 AM
Feb 2014
quite nice episode. Just realized everything won't be solved in the next episode and I will have to wait a second season to truly get the sense of the abyss.
Oct 12, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
Like others have said, it's surprising that Reg didn't collapse after firing his Incinerator. I do hope it's a foreshadowing and not an oversight by the writers, cause it'll really suck if it's the latter.

Nanachi remains the best character in the show. I'm also more curious about Mitty's real identity now.

eso18 said:
Truly if this was a game and those would be the characters that players play as any reasonable party would kick her out and tell her to go to the first dungeon to level up first.

Best thing I read in this thread lol.
Oct 15, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
Killing Mitty though? Holy things took a turn
Oct 22, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
Really interesting about the "Curse of the abyss" also how Kiyui got instantly cured when he left that zone hmm.
Nanachi's too damn cute especially when she's blushing <3
That ending damn, Nanachi looked so pained when she asked that....hope final episode won't be too bad..
Oct 24, 2017 9:21 PM

Feb 2015
I think that course explanation makes sense, but there is a traggic story behind Nanachi and Mitty that we don't know. Reg improved his skills with Nanachi's help and defeated the spikes monster. So what is the story behind Mitty?
This story is not going to finish, I think, they are in the fourth layer and they need to get to the seventh.
Nov 8, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2013
So I was right that Mitty was Nanachi's partner in crime in her flashback. Wonder why she wants to kill Mitty D: maybe to stop leading a life where you can't really survive on your own? or because Mitty told Nanachi to kill her long ago and she never could :( that's so sad...
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 8, 2017 9:20 AM
Nov 10, 2017 10:53 PM

Mar 2015
Glad to see Reg able to exact revenge for Riko somewhat
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 30, 2017 9:50 AM
Dec 31, 2017 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
Man I lost it at the end

I Had a feeling she was going to ask something like that maybe saying it about both of them and she said it about mitty T-T
[/quote]
Jan 4, 2018 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
One more episode...I wonder how this series is going to end? I am glad that they're going to make a 2nd season. I'm sad that Reg has to kill Mitty, I guess Nanachi knows what's best for her.
Feb 6, 2018 6:20 AM

Jan 2017
So, we know a little bit more about the Abyss, its force field and the curse. We've seen also some background of Nanachi and one of those White Whistles, that who was even much kinder than Ozen.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Feb 8, 2018 1:52 PM

Mar 2016
Nanachi is really familiar with what's going on in the abyss.
So as long as anyone goes outside of the island that is surrounding the abyss, they won't get affected by the curse! The citizens need to learn this lifesaving phenomenon!

I hope they conclude this first season well in the next episode because the plot has thickened...
Feb 8, 2018 1:57 PM
Jan 2018
Agerno said:
So, we know a little bit more about the Abyss, its force field and the curse. We've seen also some background of Nanachi and one of those White Whistles, that who was even much kinder than Ozen.

Bondrewd is definitely not kinder than Ozen?? Where'd you get that idea?
Feb 9, 2018 6:28 AM

Jan 2017
iHATEsetsuna said:
Agerno said:

It was sarcasm... I thought that watching the show everybody would catch it XD That man it's obviously a bad person
Karasuno Fight!!!
Feb 9, 2018 4:54 PM
Jan 2018
Agerno said:
iHATEsetsuna said:

It was sarcasm... I thought that watching the show everybody would catch it XD That man it's obviously a bad person

Oh my bad lol. You really can't catch sarcasm without tone. Bondrewd sucks!
Feb 11, 2018 5:54 AM

Feb 2014
Man, I knew this anime was gonna be good, but I didn't expect it to leave me this emotionally invested on it, everytime Mitty is on the screen I genuinely shed tears, such a tragic story, this is killing me.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

769 by zaddysenpai89 »»
May 13, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

236 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

194 by RebornVongola1 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.