Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2015
It Was A really Good Episode I cant Wait For the 1h Finale
Sep 22, 2017 6:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nostalgik said:
Tokoya said:
man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy
What guy? Could you be more specific pls?
The guy from that little flashback that Nanachi had in last week's episode....The dude in the armor
Sep 22, 2017 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Really interesting lore, and that ending.
Shit just got real again!
Manga readers, is this series gonna get f*cking insane like how Rika almost lost her arm?

Next arc gets much more fucked up overall, but it won't be in this adaptation.

Hopefully in a movie or OVA series. I doubt for a second cour with it unless there's an even slower pace than this somehow (though said pacing at least was understandably fit to it in an atmospherical note, much like in Mushishi... while the next arc wouldn't really work at all given the settings of it), after all, there's very little content left to be adapted.
Sep 22, 2017 6:51 PM

Aug 2015
Loved it! Nanachi is sooo cute. I really love her smug face, and the voice acting is perfect. I don't know about you guys but to me it's pretty obvious that Metty is Riko's mom or something, why else would she be so attached to her? Really excited to see what happens the last episode and I hope it really will be a 1h special as I've heard.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Sep 22, 2017 7:11 PM
Apr 2016
Mega_Chen said:
Did we just skip over 90% of Mitty's backstory? I hope not, I've been hoping for that stuff to be animated for a while now. Also, WTF is going on with that title for the last episode? I hope they don't screw up the ending. It seems it has prerelease screenings Japan this week still, so some information about it could leak, perhaps?

I'm fairly sure Mitty's backstory comes later on, during the next bit.

I hope this gets a 2nd season because I doubt the 60min will be able to get up to the parts in the manga that would be good as a finisher

Actually, I hope that the next episode finishes with this really ominious scene from the manga
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Sep 22, 2017 7:42 PM
Jun 2016
Victor_BR said:
Mariecat1 said:
Next episode: "The Challengers". Yup, we will reach that part. I'm so excited!! Prepare tissues for next episode and get ready for greatest dad!

It seems you don't use your brain. Do you REALLY think they can fit 16 chapters in 60 minutes? You know, it's not that hard to realise this, just have to think a little.

Well sorry, you don't have to be so harsh and all mighty with that brain of yours. No, they cannot fit those chapters. I didn't mean that they would adapt until the challenger chapter. What I meant by "that part" was that they
So yeah, enjoy your day sir :)
Mariecat1Sep 22, 2017 7:53 PM
Sep 22, 2017 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Danpmss said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Manga readers, is this series gonna get f*cking insane like how Rika almost lost her arm?

Hopefully in a movie or OVA series. I doubt for a second cour with it unless there's an even slower pace than this somehow (though said pacing at least was understandably fit to it in an atmospherical note, much like in Mushishi... while the next arc wouldn't really work at all given the settings of it), after all, there's very little content left to be adapted.

Spoilers please?
Sep 22, 2017 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Danpmss said:

Spoilers please?

This thread just got cleaned because of spoilers, and they were already hidden when it happened. Not risking the biscuit, ask in the manga's discussion page instead.
Sep 22, 2017 8:45 PM

Sep 2013
Another great episode! I'm glad they're making the last episode an hour long.
Sep 22, 2017 9:34 PM
Feb 2016

Okay I was NOT expecting that ending. Holy crap.

My hype for the finale is now super high.
Sep 22, 2017 9:46 PM

Aug 2016
I really don't have words every time I watch an episode of this anime.
Episode number 12, only remains one episode to animate and this great work end, I hope with great longing and desire that the Studio continue animate the manga.

Amazing episode.
5/5

The next episode will be a one hour special? I need know more about the past of Nanachi and Mitty, I think they have been through very hard things during their life, if this is true the last episode will hurt a lot in my soul...
Sep 22, 2017 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
Also, I gotta say I love how well they brought that fog weave to life.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 22, 2017 10:44 PM
Apr 2014
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Sep 23, 2017 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
I feel bad for Mitty
Sep 23, 2017 1:49 AM

Mar 2013
Blushing Nanachi is fucking cute <3

Glad the cave rider got saved by Reg.

I feel sad for Mitty T_T
But I think it's for the best. Just relive from her state of misery T_T
Sep 23, 2017 2:15 AM

Oct 2013
Get rekt tama chan, too bad you didn't completely die.

Can't wait for the 1 hour finale, i already know the outcome from the manga, but which is why i'm dying to see it animated, i hope the studio does the scene justice.
Sep 23, 2017 6:01 AM
Nov 2016
Mariecat1 said:
Victor_BR said:

It seems you don't use your brain. Do you REALLY think they can fit 16 chapters in 60 minutes? You know, it's not that hard to realise this, just have to think a little.

Well sorry, you don't have to be so harsh and all mighty with that brain of yours. No, they cannot fit those chapters. I didn't mean that they would adapt until the challenger chapter. What I meant by "that part" was that they

Sorry for the rudeness, I did that intentionally lol. I agree with what you said.
Sep 23, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2014
Another amazing episode
I think next episode I will cry T_T
Sep 23, 2017 8:40 AM

Feb 2012
Brace yourself, mitty and nanachi backstory is really tragic.
Sep 23, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Teetering on slapping this cartoon 10/10. Let's see will final episode deliver first!
Sep 23, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
"Please, kill Mitty for me"

Wow... no words, holy shit.

Amazing episode, next episode is the last one and I don't want it to end so soon, this shit better sells well in Japan for a S2 or I will be mad, at least there is the manga.
Sep 23, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
Swagernator said:

Next week last episode the one hour special, damn im hyped.

One hour special? That looks amazing! I hope that it will not end up like Kekkai Sensen, because that would be quite upseting.
Sep 23, 2017 9:16 AM
Sep 23, 2017 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
I wonder how they'll end this great anime next week?
Sep 23, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
Blue_Pie_Ninja said:
Mega_Chen said:
Did we just skip over 90% of Mitty's backstory? I hope not, I've been hoping for that stuff to be animated for a while now. Also, WTF is going on with that title for the last episode? I hope they don't screw up the ending. It seems it has prerelease screenings Japan this week still, so some information about it could leak, perhaps?

I'm fairly sure Mitty's backstory comes later on, during the next bit.

I hope this gets a 2nd season because I doubt the 60min will be able to get up to the parts in the manga that would be good as a finisher

Actually, I hope that the next episode finishes with this really ominious scene from the manga

Yeah, it would be amazing if they ended it there. We get essentially a full episode's worth of time for the two chapters that are the best in the manga up until that point, and it's such a cliffhanger that it would immediately imply a season 2 or at the very least an OVA. I'm just worried about the title of the last episode. It seems they might go for an original ending or a half-assed fast-forward to get to a definitive resolution.
Sep 23, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
NO! Not Mitty, please! ;___;
Sep 23, 2017 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Quite the moral dilemma placed on the shoulders of Regu at the end of this episode! One feels sympathy for Mitty because she is a mutated human.
Sep 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2013
Tamachan survives reg's assault but loses lots of her spines.
Nnanachi wants reg to put down mitty, flashback incoming.
Sep 23, 2017 3:52 PM

Aug 2012
I feel bad for Mitty, but I guess I can understand Nanachi´s wish. Poor thing is suffering.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Sep 23, 2017 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
So, Nanachi wants Reg to kill Mitty? That's going to be difficult for Reg to do, but Mitty doesn't have much of a life anymore either.

Sep 23, 2017 7:08 PM

Nov 2014
It's so sad, the expression when Nanachi told Reg that she has never even gotten to tasty food before.. and "if you don't want it, don't eat it".. makes me feel heartbroken.. :(
Sep 23, 2017 7:32 PM

Dec 2009
What wonderful/terrible surprises are in store for us in the coming episode, & how could this season ever hope to achieve a satisfactory wrap up with only one episode remaining??? I do believe I now have another manga to add to my ever growing list.
Sep 23, 2017 7:48 PM

Jun 2011
I honestly thought Nanachi's request were going to be asking Reg to cook for her.
That really hit me ;_;
Sep 23, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode yet again. Good explanation for how the curse works and why its only when ascending.
Sep 23, 2017 8:17 PM

Jan 2015
Mitty as a walking Anti-Poison, Medicine and such. How convenient.
Thankfully the one that Nanacchi show and tell about "Real" Abyss curse and how to deal with it to Reg.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 23, 2017 9:20 PM

Sep 2017
Mascera said:
Thankfully the one that Nanacchi show and tell about "Real" Abyss curse and how to deal with it to Reg.

Oh come on, this is in no way contrived plot convenience. Should I remind you how this episode just took the trouble to explain why Riko was able to climb ladders all the way back in Seeker Camp? There's an explanation coming and it all fits very well into the plot. Actually, you have enough information to figure it out already. Think about all the oddities surrounding Nanachi and Mitty for a bit and see if you were right next week.
Sep 23, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
Mega_Chen said:
Mascera said:

Oh come on, this is in no way contrived plot convenience. Should I remind you how this episode just took the trouble to explain why Riko was able to climb ladders all the way back in Seeker Camp? There's an explanation coming and it all fits very well into the plot. Actually, you have enough information to figure it out already. Think about all the oddities surrounding Nanachi and Mitty for a bit and see if you were right next week.
Well "conveniently" I don't think it like that. I just considered how Nanacchi give all those explanation to Reg alone without waiting for Riko gain her conciousness first. Because if she does, giving all that "Spoiler" to both Riko and Reg at the same time then I think there will be no time for Reg to do another duel against that "White Nargacuga"- like Monster.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 23, 2017 10:53 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone explain the whole dreamlike scene with Mitty and Riko staring into each others eyes? That was super weird, but I feel like there was supposed to be some hidden symbolism. Was it showing that Mitty like Riko or pitied her because Mitty realizes Riko isn't exactly human either, or is there something else that I'm missing?
Sep 24, 2017 3:00 AM

Sep 2016
Hylianticipated said:
Can someone explain the whole dreamlike scene with Mitty and Riko staring into each others eyes? That was super weird, but I feel like there was supposed to be some hidden symbolism. Was it showing that Mitty like Riko or pitied her because Mitty realizes Riko isn't exactly human either, or is there something else that I'm missing?

I believe it's a part of chapter 24 or 25, which they will adapt in the next episode. For some reason they didn't adapt the whole scene in this episode. I don't think it's really symbolism, just a wordless and very weird yet touching scene (at least to me, maybe i just have weird taste) that's kinda open to interpretation. I think it's riko's soul communicating with mitty's to comfort her or something, but feel free to rewatch the episode and make up your own interpretation of this scene.
Sep 24, 2017 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
Another impressive episode!
What the heck happened to Kiyui with fever!? suddenly went well? maybe a spell or curse!?!?
Netherworld stew looks...yummy...i mean yucky! lolz!
Mitty still looks very disturbing to me but at least she got to lick Riko lolz
Too bad no script line for Riko cuz she's still unconscious...
We got to know more about the Force Field!
What is that weird dream of Riko!?
We have comms very useful of course! on any situations!
EPIC fight scene strategized by Nanachi! Reg got to kiss ass that Orby but how the heck did it evade that powerful incinerator of Reg!?!? (Nanachi's orders are ABSOLUTE!!!) Nanachi was also shocked by what she seen on the power of Reg!!!
Damn! Nanachi asking for help to Reg...by killing Mitty!? that absolutely uncalled for! DAMN!
Looks like there are more stories from Nanachi's end!
5/5.

Sep 24, 2017 7:52 AM
Jun 2016
Victor_BR said:
Mariecat1 said:

Sorry for the rudeness, I did that intentionally lol. I agree with what you said.

No prob, my original post was somewhat misleading as well.
Sep 24, 2017 7:59 AM

Dec 2016
Tokoya said:
Nanachi is way too adorable man.....Thank goddness she came in the story when she did

But that ending.....I dunno if I'll be able to handle seeing Reg kill Mitty because she seems so pleasant and innocent, but man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy

This finale is gonna be intense

Just add Nanachi to my favorites characters right now :''D xD !
Sep 24, 2017 8:56 AM

May 2010
Savajho said:
Hylianticipated said:

I believe it's a part of chapter 24 or 25, which they will adapt in the next episode. For some reason they didn't adapt the whole scene in this episode. I don't think it's really symbolism, just a wordless and very weird yet touching scene (at least to me, maybe i just have weird taste) that's kinda open to interpretation. I think it's riko's soul communicating with mitty's to comfort her or something, but feel free to rewatch the episode and make up your own interpretation of this scene.

Isn't it the opposite? Mitty's soul comforting Riko's? But ye that's what I thought as well.
Sep 24, 2017 10:00 AM

Dec 2016
Only one more episode? Dang it nooo! I need to know what's at the bottom!!!
Sep 24, 2017 10:11 AM

May 2015
Yeah kill Mitty. She's already lost.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 24, 2017 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
Incredible script, surprised me, didn't expect that these were the answers to the mysteries of the abyss.
Sep 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Oct 2016
I knew Mitty should die so Nanachi can join Riko and Regu, but asking Regu to kill it? Just make a poison and do it in sleep, blood shedding is not needed.

But first thing in next episode, Regu should faint from firing.
Sep 24, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
TragicRomance said:
Savajho said:

Isn't it the opposite? Mitty's soul comforting Riko's? But ye that's what I thought as well.

Idk it could be both, but since it's riko who approached mitty's eye i just assumed it's riko comforting mitty. Btw prepare for the feels when they'll show the second part of the dream next episode
Sep 24, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2017
Masood_sama_XN said:
I knew Mitty should die so Nanachi can join Riko and Regu, but asking Regu to kill it? Just make a poison and do it in sleep, blood shedding is not needed.

But first thing in next episode, Regu should faint from firing.

You're really close to figuring something out there.
Sep 24, 2017 2:32 PM
Aug 2017
Why Mitty drools everytime?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

770 by POPDUDE2006 »»
May 27, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

236 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

194 by RebornVongola1 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.