Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 9, 2008 1:50 PM

Jun 2007
two more episodes till the ending of an awesome and cute anime
horo's moeness this level reached the tsuntsun level. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
lawrance catching horo = awesome part.
lol at the way they were practicing some kind of drama xD
horo really is a unique character
the plan seems something quite.... dangerous, but also something that may work.... writer = smart, really clever, and probably wise..... just like horo xD
i just feel sorry for nora to be the one doing all the dangerous stuff... she is quite cute.
i also love how at the end nora was so decided xD
the ending was cute with horo hugging lawrance like that from the back.
/wants more, but has to wait
Sep 9, 2008 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
I love Horo but I hate Lawrence...
he's so dumb and f**k him for yelling at Horo.

Nov 23, 2008 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
Sucks for Lawrence.
I wonder what's going to happen now..
Jan 17, 2009 4:51 PM

Jul 2008
Cool episode, let's see if the good Shepard can deliver them to safety.
Jan 30, 2009 1:28 AM

May 2008
Kayro said:
Very good episode. Can't believe there's only 2 more left =(

Asako said:
I love Horo.

Don't we all? =P

Horo is basically the only reason I love this anime. Everything else is wonderful, but... without Horo? Kinda not as good... at all.
Feb 18, 2009 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
theeggman85 said:
Horo is basically the only reason I love this anime. Everything else is wonderful, but... without Horo? Kinda not as good... at all.

Hm I think Lawrence is pretty cool too.
But yeah. Horo is the number one reason.
Apr 8, 2009 4:28 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode, but I'm still waiting for the kiss~

I wonder how things will develop, I hope they can succeed!

Jun 9, 2009 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
wooo ... wat a bold plan x_x

Jun 10, 2009 12:40 AM

May 2008
OMG SMUGGLING wat a crime

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 14, 2009 12:55 AM

May 2008
Very nice episode. I figured the counterplan would somehow involve Norah but not sure what. Interesting plan with the gold. Very much looking forward to seeing this played out.
Jul 6, 2009 3:24 AM

Nov 2007
Loved the make up between Lawrence and Horo that more than made up for the ending last episode, and they're off to make a massive gamble, but gold smuggling, it should have been obvious but slipped my mind. Still Lawrence is the man =P
Jul 17, 2009 6:22 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:

Asako said:
I love Horo.

Don't we all? =P

I don't really...xD
I don't dislike her and I find it quite refreshing to have a non-tsunderekko play the main part. Plus, I love her character design. But I can't really get to love her. Can't quite put my finger on it though...
Okay, Horo-fanboys, start beating me up! T_T

Apart from that, I really liked the episode. I'm curious how they're going to pull this off. I hope no sheep gets hurt. xD

Aug 11, 2009 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, first they have no hope. Looked really bad.
Sep 5, 2009 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
aaahhh..they are acting just like a good married couple even if they don't realise it. Lawrence wouldn't be able to do anything without her.
<3
Sep 8, 2009 5:21 AM

Aug 2009
holo x lawrence - their coversations are priceless ^^
Oct 16, 2009 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Smuggling of gold, huh? Wonder if it'll work out for them.

Horo and Lawrence act was also awesome, lol. I guess Horo likes man who's a softy, atleast that's what I think. XD

Very nice episode. Good luck to Nora for accepting such a dangeroous job. So, she only accepted it because Lawrence was the one who asked her, awwww. :)
Nov 6, 2009 12:10 PM
Sep 2009
wag that tail Horo wag it.

I loved this episode as i've loved them all but, cyruz is right, something is missing, there just wasn't really much happening and considering not much usually happens this means the story was just about plotting. Boo.

still loved it though but maybe i'm just soft hearted XD
Nov 6, 2009 12:12 PM
Sep 2009
wag that tail Horo wag it.

I loved this episode as i've loved them all but, cyruz is right, something is missing, there just wasn't really much happening and considering not much usually happens this means the story was just about plotting. Boo.

still loved it though but maybe i'm just soft hearted XD
Nov 10, 2009 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
Once again a very strong episode for a very strong series. The writing continues to be great, and Horo and Lawrence are just fantastic characters. I freaking love this show.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 25, 2010 7:45 PM

Dec 2009
Another really good episode. So, there's two episodes left, obviously I can see why there's a 2nd seaon. I'm starting to wonder if the 2nd season can even end the story. I'm feeling quite teased though, will Lawrence give up his dreams to travel with Horo? Guess I may find out some day. If Horo wasn't a god I'd ask her to dinner myself :P . I liked the drama in these last two episodes, I'm hoping they have more like that some of them just seemed to drift by.
Such junk...
Jan 31, 2010 3:25 PM

Jan 2010
Saorin said:
Kayro said:

Asako said:
I love Horo.

Don't we all? =P

I don't really...xD
I don't dislike her and I find it quite refreshing to have a non-tsunderekko play the main part. Plus, I love her character design. But I can't really get to love her. Can't quite put my finger on it though...
Okay, Horo-fanboys, start beating me up! T_T

Apart from that, I really liked the episode. I'm curious how they're going to pull this off. I hope no sheep gets hurt. xD

*werr-y slaps Saorin around a bit with a large fishbot*

I just noticed that the ending song is cute
Feb 1, 2010 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
I can already tell the ending of the show is going to be so intense.
Mar 12, 2010 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
awww they made up. I really agree with what Holo said. Sometimes getting angry helps to solve problems faster.
Mar 13, 2010 1:33 PM

Nov 2008
I thought that it was going to be more dramatic, considering what had happened in the previous episode. But still I'm surprised, maybe that girl is not so innocent as Holo claims.

I wonder what she is hiding.
Mar 31, 2010 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Better than the previous episode. Really liked this one!
Jun 24, 2010 2:13 PM

Dec 2009
Horo was just awesome as usual !
Sep 30, 2010 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
Yayy~ A great episode in many ways. Of course Nora was going to be involved in the plan - figured that it had to be the case at the end of the last episode. I thought they might hide the gold in the wool of the sheep, somehow -- maybe be embedding it with needles and thread (Nora could do it, couldn't she? If she's going to be a tailor...) but I guess not...

The scenes with Horo and Lawrence were nice. :) I'm glad that Horo was mad at him for "the right thing". She didn't get angry because he got mad at her for like two seconds in the last episode, but because he didn't get mad even though so much is her fault. And the ending scene... Adorable.
Feb 21, 2011 10:11 AM
Nov 2009
Asako said:
I love Horo.

^this and nora (:
May 11, 2011 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
This should be great.

Jul 1, 2011 1:44 PM
Jan 2010
REEVERTO
Jul 17, 2011 12:27 PM
Jul 2011
Loving this anime so much. The business aspect is completely new to me and I loved economics in high school so it's already a plus. Now, when we add the romance aspect of this anime... WOW. Talk about AMAZING! I have to go finish this off right now and start on season 2. Thanks to lisnoire for the recommendation!
Aug 3, 2011 3:53 PM

May 2011
So, they wanna have some gold, neeh.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 20, 2011 11:48 PM

Dec 2010
Faust721 said:
Very nice episode. I figured the counterplan would somehow involve Norah but not sure what. Interesting plan with the gold. Very much looking forward to seeing this played out.

My thoughts exactly. I just hope that they won't get betrayed by Lemerio san. I was just wondering why Holo was not kawaii enough in this episode, honestly I expected her to be way more... kawaii in such a moment.
Jan 24, 2012 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
So Holo left for the inn not because she was angry at being lashed out at, but because she thought Lawrence didn't do it enough. So being unreasonable and abandoning him was an attempt to make her even more susceptible to blame and after yelling their feelings out they could continue from more neutral position? Well she understood most of the situation, but Holo is usually more cunning than that. And Lawrence sure has superhuman willpower and patience.

I wonder what the twists is going to be with Noora or Remerio. Hope the plan won't go as boringly smoothly as rescuing Holo went earlier.
Jan 24, 2012 12:19 PM
Aug 2009
VictimOfFate said:
So Holo left for the inn not because she was angry at being lashed out at, but because she thought Lawrence didn't do it enough.

It wasn't just about saving her own face, it would be terribly unfair for her to snap at him (especially given how much worse she had just made his situation). Plus, he was obviously shocked and sorry for what he did, so it was awful of her to be angry with him. But she didn't have the willpower to stop being angry, and she couldn't vent at him because he wasn't angry either, so she left before she caused a bigger incident. No one said she was perfect :)

VictimOfFate said:
And Lawrence sure has superhuman willpower and patience.

He needs to have some kind of superhuman trait for a superhuman being to fall for him, I guess.
Jan 25, 2012 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:

It wasn't just about saving her own face

Yeah, my analysis kind of assumes the motivation behind her actions there is that she wants to be blamed but in the end underestimates how much of a good guy Lawrence is so she ends up just feeling humiliated and embarrassed.

BashZeStampeedo said:
It would be terribly unfair for her to snap at him (especially given how much worse she had just made his situation). Plus, he was obviously shocked and sorry for what he did, so it was awful of her to be angry with him. But she didn't have the willpower to stop being angry, and she couldn't vent at him because he wasn't angry either, so she left before she caused a bigger incident. No one said she was perfect :)

I'm so used to thinking Holo is always perfectly calm and calculating when it counts so bringing up she wasn't able to contain her emotions makes that a very good and interesting interpretation. It is probably true as well.
Jan 25, 2012 7:52 AM
Aug 2009
VictimOfFate said:
I'm so used to thinking Holo is always perfectly calm and calculating when it counts so bringing up she wasn't able to contain her emotions makes that a very good and interesting interpretation. It is probably true as well.

Actually it comes across more clearly in the novels that this is the case, but you're right - the story makes Holo much more of an enigma than Lawrence. Even so, if we didn't have the benefit of him being the main protagonist, he'd probably be pretty tough to read as well.
Feb 5, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
Gold smuggling with Nora

Fuck yea
Feb 29, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Horo x Lawrence <3 :D
Apr 6, 2012 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
Interestingly, I've heard of gold being smuggled under the wool of sheep before. I wonder how manually inserting gold into the sheeps' stomachs would work with medieval technology.
May 22, 2012 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
Holo's Japanese laugh is so amazing. I know it will have a good ending but I'm scared O_O
Aug 25, 2012 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
Gold in stomach smuggling? How interesting lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 28, 2012 4:20 AM

May 2012
Nice episode with a nice plan, let's see how it will go!
Apr 8, 2013 9:02 PM
Aug 2011
Whap happened to our "great" merchant Lawrance's gold coins and savings?
May 4, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode, the romance was great and the plot was very interesting.
May 12, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
I actually missed that point last time, that Lawrence probably would have gotten help if Holo wasn't there. They really do care a lot about each other; Holo gets angry with him for not getting more angry at her for being there. Of course Lawrence isn't going to blame her for that - he's too softhearted (haha).

Yes! So they will help Nora to get away from her employer while benefiting themselves. This is going to be interesting.

Holo being flirty at the end was sweet...can never get enough of the two of them
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 13, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
I hope they will succeed with this plan. Like the way Lawrence apologized to Horo.
At least she didn't run away like in all the other anime's in which they usually do.

And poor Nora. The Church wants to get rid of her. If she is a skilled shepherd it doesn't mean that she is a witch. I bet if you would show a card trick in that age you would be accused of being a sorcerer.

But anyway this episode was fine.
Dec 22, 2013 11:47 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode, I loved Holo getting mad at Lawrence for not being more angry with her. That repeat was great too, especially coupled with the emotional music. Made me laugh. Interested to see how this plan plays out, and glad that it involves Nora. Seems like it will be a nice finale for the season.
Jan 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
That domestic dispute at the beginning was so cute :3

That's a clever and well-crafted plan. Though, I wonder if they can trust that guild leader and why did he call for Liebert? What did he tell him?

I didn't though that shepherd was suspected of sorcery... I hope she made out well out of this mess.

If Lawrence plan work out, he'll be able to repay his debt and sell is armors later or in another town.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2012
Nora is awesome. But Holo is more awesome.

Holo x Lawrence x Nora?

No?

Okay :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.