Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2010 1:01 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
--Good for William's father! When he ran into that awful Campbell chap & told him that /he/ had done nothing to be ashamed of & that he was proud of his son, it really improved my opinion of his character.

--The flowers that Emma planted at the end--aww. :)

--I do still feel a little bad for Hans though...But as Hakim pointed out, there wasn't exactly a scenario that was going to leave everyone completely happy.

But overall, I liked the way this ended. =D
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Feb 9, 2010 12:09 PM

Jul 2007
yea what a great ending. Been pleasure watching this show.

Anyone else find it odd that no one seemed to age but William at the end? Lol
Apr 26, 2010 12:38 AM

Oct 2008
Talk about a diamond in the ruff. This show needs more recommendation. It's a classic and so so memorable. Sure, it's a story told before but Emma and Jones' love was very charming. I couldn't stop watching an episode. *marathon-ed both seasons* x3

After the scene where they met up at the party for the first time, I had to stop and laugh and dance because I SO didn't see that coming but it was exactly what I wanted to happen that night. <3

Ahh.. what a great show. Just wish there were more like it.. It's saddening to see it come to an end but..

*sighs* T_T

[Edit] Is it just me or do other people also get a little depressed after watching shows like this? :')

Oct 1, 2010 2:02 AM

Jun 2010
Poor Hans ;_;!!!
But, the show was amazing, I cried a lot in the end, was so beautiful all ;_;! Their kids, their house...
I need moar ;_;!
*go to read the manga x'DDD
Dec 8, 2010 6:28 AM

Sep 2008
OnyxEyes3 said:
--Good for William's father! When he ran into that awful Campbell chap & told him that /he/ had done nothing to be ashamed of & that he was proud of his son, it really improved my opinion of his character.

After the part where he told William "Well done", my opinion of him had improved, but yes, I agree - the part where he told that Campbell off was the cherry on top. :D For sure.

Anyway, great episode. They were both held up and both late to the meeting spot... yet it still worked out perfectly.

"Happy endings" in other anime series sometimes don't really seem like good endings, and sometimes seem cheesy or rushed... but THIS one, I have to say, was very well done. It was in good taste, and after all the trouble these two have gone through, you know they just deserve this sort of happy, peaceful ending. It was wonderful and totally satisfying as a conclusion. :)

This was indeed a great series! It's unfortunate that it seems a bit underrated, or "under-watched", but hey, those who do chance upon it are hopefully pleasantly surprised. :D (Although, I could see and understand why some might find it boring - but to each their own, right?)
Jan 14, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
Iiiuuuuu...
I don't like the end - I don't think, that Emma and William would have a good future. And who are their children? Are they aristocrats? No. Will they want to stay a servants? No.
So, what they will do?
But Hans and Emma could be an ideal spouses. As well as William and Eleanor...
Jan 23, 2011 8:34 PM
May 2008
I didn't mind the fairytale ending, what I disliked was how it lead there. Both seasons had a nice steady pace, but these final episodes seemed to make it blatantly obvious what the ending was going to be and made a beeline to it.

Little disappointed, but overall 8/10.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 10, 2011 1:23 PM

Jul 2008
The ending was very rushed IMO. They should have taken some extra episodes to eleborate what happened exactly in the end. How did the marriage go? etc. etc.

Still liked it tho.
Sep 16, 2011 8:22 AM

May 2008
Overall I thought the first season was better simply because Emma and William had more interactions compared to this one. Anything else that didn't involve Emma and William directly felt like a distraction as the series really didn't do so well making the other characters interesting enough for me to care about what happens to them.

That being said, I thought it was a decent series as a whole and it was definitely worth the watch and the conclusion was more than satisfying though even if it was obvious it was going to end that way.
Dec 30, 2011 7:27 PM

May 2010
I usually dislike this kind of story. "The poor falls in love with the rich" is so overused here in my country that I grew tired of it like 15 years ago, yet this was the first time I've seen it done properly.

Sure he could've proposed to her ages ago (if Emma wasn't so busy running away from him), but seeing as how irresponsible and spoiled he was back then, I thought that would only result to disaster. I don't like William tbh, but his development from being stupid and selfish to being responsible made him worthy of Emma.

I would've liked to see what happened before and after the wedding, but I'm satisfied with this. 10/10 for me.

Funny thing: I was at the fountain scene when the power went out. LOL. Great timing.
stormgoddessDec 30, 2011 11:42 PM
Oct 25, 2012 8:40 PM

Jan 2012
Not enough love rectangle tension.... but it's not that kind of show I suppose.

I enjoyed 1st season more for sure.

Great watch nonetheless.
May 17, 2013 5:36 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending, it has been a while that the ending really made me smile of joy for the characters! In the end I'm happy with the outcome the buildup towards this ending sure was worth the two season! I enjoyed the overall development of all the characters and the atmosphere brought the setting beautiful in picture!

In general I really liked this anime, a great setting some nice art and even a fantastic ending for all the other characters put down in the credits! A well made anime series that's for sure! 9/10
Jun 2, 2013 5:37 PM

Nov 2011

Okay series I guess. Some people probably enjoyed it a lot more than me though but I'm not a big fan of romance/historical hybrids.

However, William and Emma's bond as well as their relationship through the course of both series were definitely highlight factors. Oh and I'm glad she accepted the proposal ^_-

6/10
Mar 12, 2014 5:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I'm a bit wary of fairy tale endings, but this one was done right. My opinion of both William and his dad rose in the last couple of chapters and things were handled without the over the top pathos of other shows. Definitely a show that is underrated in MAL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2014 5:09 PM
Feb 2012
Elfana said:
I'm sad it's over x3

But I really liked the ending :3

I absolutely agree with your opinion and how you have felt X. Never seen something so amazing like this anime. Probably my best romance story ever x). I feel really happy now that in the end everything have sorted out. Happy new beggining of life for Mr. William and Mrs. Emma!! x)
Mar 27, 2014 5:45 PM
Feb 2012
WildWest said:
Iiiuuuuu...
I don't like the end - I don't think, that Emma and William would have a good future.

I must say,that this anime is not about good future. I mean,what author should probably wanted to show us is what the true love is. in the end,Emma and William decided to make a future together,which means, their love overcame everything else. As long as they can stay together,they will be happy,support each other as they can. And also,dont forget what Williams father told in the end "A society where even people like you are respected as gentlemen will perhaps be destined to disappear one day" which means,i think,that the times are changing. And i must say,that in the end,where William and Emma are staying at the garden, it is pretty much obvious that they are happy:) And finally, Enmmas words to William about flowers Lilly of valley meaning "You will find happiness"

They are deffinatelly happy,relax guys! x))
Jun 24, 2014 10:31 AM
Jun 2014
Hi to all,

i love the anime and the music...when Wiliam hug hakim , a piano mood, that is not in the OST ..did you someone known the name of songS?

kr
aki
Jul 14, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Who's the black haired guy when Eleanor playing a piano? It looks like Arthur, but he's blond tho.
Aug 8, 2014 12:47 AM

Sep 2013
Im sad its the end. Im kinda feeling the "void."

Nice ending. You can really see in this episode how much Emma love William. They really are perfect for each other. And wow! four kids! they sure are working hard.

I loved this series. 9/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 13, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing. I was so depressed from S1 and so frustrated until the first half of this season but now all the bad feelings I've had have been cleansed. BANZAI!

Now what am I supposed to watch ;__;
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 3, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked Hans. It's a shame that Emma already likes William. So final thoughts on both season:

Good stuff. I really liked how everything flowed and how natural it felt.

My biggest problem was Emma. She's so passive, dull and uninteresting to watch. "Eh?", "Oh, sorry.", and "Excuse me." are the only three phrases she knows how to say. William is a decent guy but he got boring. I'd much rather watch Hakim or (Hans instead.

I think William really screwed up when he substituted Elanor for Emma but hey, he's human. I don't blame him that much.

Character interactions were great in this season, btw. Especially by adding the other maids and rich family.

Gonna read the manga in the future!
Dec 2, 2015 11:12 PM

Sep 2014
It was fun while it lasted. A Happy Ending is always welcomed.
But if you think about it, i agree it would make sense if William married Miss Eleanor and Emma married Mr.Hans. But it can't helped. Emma and William Jones were made for each other.
Anyway, I really Enjoyed the Anime. Manga was even better. (In manga) I got carried away when Emma wrote her last name as Stownar in the End.
Some of the Characters I really love are Kelly Stownar, Grace Jones and that Cute little Princess Miss Eleanor Campbell. Watching this Anime was Great Experience.
Mikoshiba-sanDec 3, 2015 8:39 AM
Dec 26, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
Emma was really popular in the entire series. She was always beloved by someone. The ending was expected but was good altogether
May 7, 2016 7:10 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad they had a happy ending! It was really nice to see their kids in the end!
9/10
Nov 7, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2016
Really enjoyed it. The ending felt a tad bit rushed though. I felt the whole house burning in episode 11 to be unneeded.

Though I have one question. Who was that guy it focused on at Elanor's recital?

What I didn't understand is why Aurelia still lived away from them. Was she actually sick or was it just the stress of society? That whole plot seemed odd to me.
Jan 10, 2017 6:40 AM
Dec 2010
jak123 said:
Really enjoyed it. The ending felt a tad bit rushed though. I felt the whole house burning in episode 11 to be unneeded.

What I didn't understand is why Aurelia still lived away from them. Was she actually sick or was it just the stress of society? That whole plot seemed odd to me.

That house burning intends to i think for Hans to realize how much Emma really love William when she wants to get the handkerchief and also a distraction for Emma to go to the fountain and becoming late.

I think Aurelia develop a sickness where the air in London is bad for her but what's confusing is why their children didn't visit her at all.
Jan 10, 2017 8:02 AM

Oct 2016
makOYzki said:
jak123 said:

That house burning intends to i think for Hans to realize how much Emma really love William when she wants to get the handkerchief and also a distraction for Emma to go to the fountain and becoming late.

I think Aurelia develop a sickness where the air in London is bad for her but what's confusing is why their children didn't visit her at all.
See that's my thing. Emma's letter made it seem like they haven't seen her in like 10 years. I thought it was strange.
May 8, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2013
Great show, I wished it didn't end here, their bond is very touching and always enjoyable to watch, it seems it didn't cover many things in the manga, gonna go read that. How come this series still ain't on blu ray yet?
May 30, 2017 11:32 PM

May 2015
My fellow MAL users had said pretty much what I intended to say... but I just add my two cents...

The Molders & Co. were a joy to watch...

The majority of William sponsor were younglings except the last one who technically said that he is going to invest in the young ones’ future and going by what Richard told Viscount him at the end it was a sing for things to change...

Regarding Hans, like I stated in a previous episode forum the cover art for this season was misleading AF (the way he is touching her) I was expecting him to use underhanded methods to win Emma heart I’m glad he stayed a gentleman until the very end (that speech was a contrast as opposed as Eleanor but he was older so I give Eleanor selfishness a pass because of her inexperience, William giving her hope and her age)... I think he will be ok and maybe one of the maid/co-worker will be falling for him seen he is truly a good guy for example Adèle.

Glad Eleanor found a love interest (the guy with black hair that was watching her piano performnece) wanting to be with her for what she trully is 9that is the feeling that I get watching that scene)...

The only thing that I didn’t like was Aurelia is still living away from her husband & her children... but that is just me nitpicking.

Overall this was a good anime, would gladly recommend to fellow romance genre seekers...

OnyxEyes3 said:
This...

merle_noir said:
"Happy endings" in other anime series sometimes don't really seem like good endings, and sometimes seem cheesy or rushed... but THIS one, I have to say, was very well done. It was in good taste, and after all the trouble these two have gone through, you know they just deserve this sort of happy, peaceful ending. It was wonderful and totally satisfying as a conclusion. :)

This was indeed a great series! It's unfortunate that it seems a bit underrated, or "under-watched", but hey, those who do chance upon it are hopefully pleasantly surprised. :D (Although, I could see and understand why some might find it boring - but to each their own, right?)
I couldn't have said it better myself.

MagEarwhig said:
Overall I thought the first season was better simply because Emma and William had more interactions compared to this one.

That being said, I thought it was a decent series as a whole and it was definitely worth the watch and the conclusion was more than satisfying though even if it was obvious it was going to end that way.
+1

Farabeuf said:
My opinion of both William and his dad rose in the last couple of chapters and things were handled without the over the top pathos of other shows. Definitely a show that is underrated in MAL.
+1

xchee said:
Amazing. I was so depressed from S1 and so frustrated until the first half of this season but now all the bad feelings I've had have been cleansed. BANZAI!
This AF...

Jan 14, 2018 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
I think the most touching thing about this was the fact that he planted roses despite knowing that the home was going to have new owners anyway.
May 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
Kinda forget about Lord Jedburgh even tho they showed him in an earlier episode.

Hans was a good guy till the end, luckily he won't stay alone :P

And I dunno, I liked the happy ending overall yet it was lacking compared to the fantastic ride it was been. Fire was random and the whole conclusion rushed as hell and therefore it felt honestly anticlimatic. I was smiling, but I was simply hoping for more emotional payoff. One of the rare occasions were I'm actually not satisfied with a good conclusion due to high expectations.

Welp, not much I can do besides continuing with the manga. Still a great anime and one of the best love stories I've seen in this medium.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2019 4:29 AM

Nov 2018
That tight hug between Hakim and William was nice. Also, finally the girls who accompany Hakim laughed.
Nice handshake between William and his dad.
Also, how Emma and William prioritized their respective situations first but decided to meet regardless.
Hans giving Emma a push was nice, as expected of best man of the anime.
As always, Emma can run fast, lmao. Makes me laugh, because of how it's been portrayed before.
I called William would say "Emma-san." on seeing her finally come. Nice that Emme rushed in to hug first.
William's dad roasted the Viscount nice.
oh, they showed the guy who Eleanor would likely end up with. (they have more plot together in the manga)
I feel Aurelia (William's mom) got the short end of stick in the anime, but oh well.
Oh, Emma finally called him as William and without -san.
"Happiness will come back." I remembering googling lily of the valley's flower language a few episodes ago, but this had more impact.
We got to see epilogue with their kids. Well, I didn't expect this after episode 10 but I loved the ending. They managed to make it satisfying.
OrangeCloudsDec 20, 2019 4:52 AM
Feb 16, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
WildWest said:
Iiiuuuuu...
I don't like the end - I don't think, that Emma and William would have a good future. And who are their children? Are they aristocrats? No. Will they want to stay a servants? No.
So, what they will do?
But Hans and Emma could be an ideal spouses. As well as William and Eleanor...

I know I'm replying to a comment from like, 9 years ago, but I guess for anyone else reading;
-the children will most likely do something related to the family business, so being a merchant (William's siblings probably did something similar; not entirely sue about William's sisters and daughter(s), but there were jobs like being a governess but I'm not too sure about Victorian-era jobs for women). They probably would've stayed somewhere around the middle, or upper-middle-class tho, having connections and working a lot with upper-class people, but probably not becoming a part of the upper-class society since they grew to disliked trying to be a part of it (as seen with the last scene of William's father).
-The whole point of the easier path and alternate options of Hans and Eleanor for Emma and William respectively was that it would be easier for Hans and Emma to marry, and William and Eleanor to marry, but their love for each other caused them to take the harder path, even if it might cause difficulty.

I'm not sure that I was in love with everything about the story (especially a bit of season 2 with William's character and the wrap up on some of the side characters), but I did like the ending and am very glad I gave this series a watch (especially how it was already similar to Spice and Wolf in some ways then even more so with the business aspect at the end). All in all, 8/10
Mar 12, 2020 10:42 AM
Dec 2012
Still a good ending and great show overall, but I was really looking forward to seeing more of the nobles reactions to the wedding, and the wedding itself. They really needed one or two more episodes to show the time leading up to where they ended up with 4 kids.
Apr 16, 2020 12:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty rushed finale but a solid one nonetheless!

William and Emma reuniting was easily the highlight of the episode but Mr. Jones giving the Vincent Campbell a mouthful was certainly a treat to savor too.

I would've loved to see more honestly, the pay-off at the end was kind of anticlimactic in all honesty. How are they being treated by society now, I wonder...

Nice little cameo in the end by the ma'am too, definitely missed her presence this season.

Overall, the turn that the mid few episodes took plus this anticlimactic finale kind of leaves a bit of a bitter taste even though I really enjoyed the approach that this season took.

Hans turned out to be a real bro character in the end, lol. Such clickbait, that visual poster. Eleanor seems to have found her next love too, that's good to see. I was hoping for a little scene of Mr. Jones visiting his wife or something of the sort, but oh well.

An extra episode or two could've done wonders, imo.

Anyway, I'm going to give this a solid 7/10! Definitely going to miss this old gem.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 8, 2021 7:13 PM

Aug 2008
I find Emma to be rather dull myself, she is so passive and lacking in expression (though the way it was animated was pretty true for everyone), Will was more interesting as a character. This second season picked up the tension a bit and was thinking of raising my score to a 7 for this season but that ending... Happy endings are something I certainly approve of but I feel that it was much too rushed. All the problems of their different classes aren't even explored after they decide to get married, we just get a timeskip of them married a decade or so later with their nice house and kids and all. Wouldn't of minded a bit of love to the supporting cast either , I guess what happens to them is irrelevant to the writers. Oh well, this season gets a 6/10 as well. Decent but in the end not that memorable.
May 6, 2021 7:26 PM
Jun 2015
1. The picture here is so misleading. I thought Hans will be an a**hole.
2. In the whole series, I liked Hans and Hakim the most.
3. I thought it will end in the kiss part. Glad that the aftermath was shown too, with four children and the flowers and they are living happily together. There are not many romance anime I watch or that I like. But this one is truly good. I don't know why I never watched it before in Animax all those years back.
4. Good job Mr. Jones. Your retor to that Camplbell fella was great.
5. Seems Elenor will find her love soon, and that's good. She seems happy with herself now, so she definitely can love someone truly.
6. As a fire engineer, I feel that fire scene rather concerning!!! But nice to see the firefighters around that time in London.

Well, overall, this was a wholesome series.
May 10, 2021 2:49 AM

Sep 2020
What a ending , I never got this much invested in romance anime usually, I really enjoyed both the season , I need more I need to read the manga asap , Overall it's 10/10 for me !!!!
Sep 1, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2021
What a great ending to a great anime.
I still kinda wish they showed their wedding.
I guess I will read the manga now.
Jan 30, 2022 1:54 PM
Feb 2020
Jun 25, 2022 1:46 PM
Aug 2017
This is my first time ever reviewing an anime on here. I just gotta express my love I have for the second season of this anime. I really enjoyed the first season although it did take me a few months to get back into it. I’m very glad I did though. I loved the OP (it just gave me a happy feeling) and I love how much suspense/intensity got built up in the last episode (in my opinion anyway). I really felt it. It gave me the happy ending I was looking for and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m left feeling satisfied and happy. Definitely recommend if you’re a fan of romance and drama.
Mar 22, 2:01 PM

May 2020
I enjoyed this show quite a bit. However, Season 2 was a bit uneven compared to Season 1. I also found William to be very unlikable this go-around and his behavior throughout this entire season to be insufferable, especially while he "proved" his love for her in Ep.10. I was Team Hans all the way. Fortunately, the season stuck the landing and I found the (admittedly predictable) finale to be quite good, which made up for a lot of my issues. I can't rate it as high as I rated Season 1, but I'll still give it a solid 7/10.
May 8, 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
The last couple of episodes were sadly really boring and the ending super hasty.
I always respect adaptations doing things differently, I especially understand it in cases like these since the manga has too much to fit into only 24 episodes. However, them choosing to downplay the drama between William and Emma in exchange for giving Hans a bigger part and focusing on the Jones business was a poor decision.

I like that they finally showed Emma's determination in the final episode, but in the manga we see her growing more confident as she becomes more confident in her relationship with Will, so having all of that removed for only a scene in the very last episode felt like it wasted both time and potential.

I'm glad I watched the anime but I won't be revisiting it again as much as I will be reading the manga again instead.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 10 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

20 by Crez »»
May 8, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 17, 2013

11 by Crez »»
May 8, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 5 Discussion

Elfana - Aug 7, 2010

22 by Crez »»
May 7, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 8 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

16 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 6 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 16, 2011

13 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.