Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 6, 2017 7:49 PM

Feb 2016
Best season amongst the three so far.It has
Best OP/ED- Fly High
Best moment- Yamaguchi's Jump Floater serves
Best character- Kotaro Bokuto
Ryohei Kimura's voice acting is probably the best in the series too.
Aug 10, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2014
I fucking cried not once, but twice!
First time when everyone slapped Iwaizumi on the back, and the second when everyone stayed late at school to congratulate the Karasuno boys. Finally, after 50 episodes they're getting the recognition they deserve ;-;

Adored the exchange between Oikawa and Ushijima too boi shoulda gone to Shiratorizawa Is there any particular reason he didn't choose Shiratorizawa though? Is it just because they're so strong that he'd rather wallow in the feeling of beating them instead of being on their team? I wanna know for sure!

All in all a great finale, but thank god I don't have to wait for season 3 like everyone else did. That'd be terrible.
If only it were longer than 10 episodes though -_-

Also, I can't be the only one who is annoyed by Ushijima, right?
One thing I've always loved about Haikyuu is that there's this clean line between the sport and the relationships between characters...what happens on the court, stays on the court.
Not a lot of sports anime do that and delve into unnecessary angst. I guess Ushijima just reminds me of one of those guys looks like he's walked straight outta KnB

Let's just hope he either gets better during the game...or at the very least his teammates are more interesting than he is.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2013
Its going to be weird seeing them fight Shiratorizawa since we've never really seen them play against anyone.
Cool episode seeing Yachi get more comfortable being a manager aswell.

Great second season, the battles were amazing and it was fun seeing them grow yet again.

9/10
Nov 6, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
That was intense af, my hands are sweating right now.. Oikawa is such a tryhard and i love that type of people because they keep the game interesting to watch, ggwp tho..

Never liked volleyball before so it took me a while before i finally watched this series. But damn i'm so glad i decided to give it a try, now i'm totally hooked. Every scene was epic.

The characters development are crazy, like they make each character unique and lovable even the side character.

Next match will be Karasuno vs Japan, like literally.. That Ushiwaka dude looks so formidable and awkward at the same time.

Overall score 8/10, onto 3rd season
Jan 15, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
Beautiful :)
My first impression with the season 1 was correct, I'm glad this season was worth watching!
My favorites this time are Bokuto & Kuroo (Definitely need to see Nekoma in the court again!). Honorific mentions to Tsukishima, Daichi, Tanaka, Hinata and Suga.

Also, I would like to know more about Oikawa, his character was really interesting. Namikawa did a good job, naturally.

I didn't expect to feel the hype in the last part, it gave me chills~ Karasuno team is on fire, can't wait to see the battle against Shiratorizawa!!
8/10
_soley9Jan 15, 2018 12:06 AM
May 3, 2018 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
Well it wasn't quite as bad as the first season, but it was still pretty bad, and took a lot of willpower to sit through the episodes. The new manager was nice, so it was at least tolerable in the scenes she was in, especially since their old manager is so boring and dull. Overall the show is a good representation of everything that makes the Weekly Shonen Jump style of storytelling so inherently awful. Now it's time to struggle through the 3rd season. It's only 10 episodes so it shouldn't be as hard, but I'm almost at my genkai here in terms of how much terrible shonen I can stomach.
Oct 5, 2018 7:31 AM
Aug 2018
This is the episode in which i started to love Oikawa. I love his hatred towards Ushiwaka, who only insults him. I love how he protects and defends himself, his Pride, his team, from someone so egoist. Oikawa chose the best team, for himself and for Iwaizumi. I cried a river when Aoba Johsai, my team, my favourite team, lost. On the contrary, i was happy in the previous series, because they won. i love their honour.
And yes, Pride is NEVER a negative thing, never. Pride is always positive, more for someone like Oikawa. i love him, in everything.
I love him even more in the special they made after.
Aoba Johsai deserved better.
Oct 27, 2018 8:55 PM

Aug 2011
Holy hell!!! The crow boys did it! They beat Seijoh and it's on to bigger and better things.

One of the best sports anime's ever. Now, let's get to season 3; I can't wait.
Nov 2, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
This season was so much more of the same. Its strengths stayed or even slightly improved. Its weaknesses stayed as well. The structure hardly deviated. This may be hard to do in a sports anime but I did elaborate in a past post in how I think it could be done as the alternative is ending them early before they stay too long. There isn't that much more to say than I did first season so I'll say the things I can.

For this particular episode, I loved that it made me want to cry for Seijoh. Oikawa is an emotional titan. Seeing the team of legends break down made my eyes water and I didn't want to care about them. I didn't I hate Seijoh, but secretly don't and admire them and their teamwork and individual devotion. So seeing the likes of even the great Iwa sniffle and break down as his teammates slap his back to let him know it's okay nearly broke me. Mad Dog becoming a true part of the team and agreeing to take Karasuno down next year got me too. :)

To bring up some of my favorite parts for the overall series, one was Yachi as a character and her development. I've gone into it in the past but seeing her develop despite being such a small role in these tournament matches was a real treat. Her amazement in seeing what they worked on paying off. She asked questions and took notes. She felt the anxiety they felt on a personal level. And near the end, she was chanting and screaming with the crowd. Not only did she become more confident and grow to be a part of Karasuno, but she also learned to love the game and the players and the work put into it as it warmed her heart. That was wonderful. She certainly is the greatest townsperson b.

Like my problem above suggests I got sick of the structure of the anime. It was like I was watching the same thing again, just this time with the characters I love that had some of the best arcs in the series like Asahi moved to the background... Because of that, I adored seeing one of my favorite teams Dateko and their match as a spectator! It was awesome, it showed their improvements and new member and it was a great break from the same show we've gotten for so long. The difference in tension and feel was enough to have a blast. The characters had a different dynamic than we've seen too with them sitting back and watching.

Likewise, the Tsukki flashback and development along with Yamaguchi and his practice with the guys at the training camp. It too broke the structure and flow we've seen the last 50 episodes and gave us something brand new, the story, personal problems, and growth of both Yamaguchi and Tsukki culminating in one of my favorite scenes.. when Tsukki made Bokuto retreat and stared down Hinata.

Apart from those I just missed the old characters pushed to the background, enjoyed the new development of those who were background s1 but were pushed to the forefront(Yamaguchi, Tsukki, Ennoshita, Daichi), and overall I felt like I watched the same thing twice. It had me fast-forwarding episodes at times and even having to force myself to watch it(even though I enjoyed it when I did force myself).

I think the characters are too simple honestly as, despite the fact they've been working on select skills, the ones who've been established like Noya, Asahi, Suga, Tanaka, and co haven't had much else to offer(other than the likes of Hinata and Kageyama). We don't see their beliefs, personal lives and problems, and ways they improve their mentalities on a deeper level. What we knew about them was practically the same as we did season 1. It's what made this season "boring" in a sense for me.

I fully believe one could argue this season was better than season 1. It had great new characters. Great development. Awesome matches. It's just.. it's not better enough to justify how it, for the most part, stuck to the formula season 1 went through, only this time alternating the focused on characters and putting a label on the others as "finished". Season 1 was a 7/10 for me, this one has to be a little lower.

6/10
Aug 27, 2019 2:43 PM
Jul 2014
excited for the next season and so grateful i don't have to wait for it to release ;b
Aug 30, 2019 4:03 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Heartbreak for Seijoh and One Step Forward for Karasuno, quite the eventful finale episode this!

Seeing those heartbroken Seijoh players was truly heartbreaking. Oikawa keeping his composure despite what just transpired and throwing those daggers at Ushikawa was bloody amazing! God, that bit “Don’t you ever forget my Worthless Pride!” was seriously nerve-wrecking, he sure can be scary at times.

On the other hand, seeing those elated faces from Karasuno was really heartwarming to see! They’ve been through so much and finally they’re just a step behind, albeit it being quite a huge step, the Nationals! Incredible that Seijoh didn’t manage to top Shiratorizawa even once though, but Hinata’s right on the mark. What better time for an upset than this, right? Can’t wait to see how it goes down, that final face-to-face confrontation between the three was awesome!

Yachi’s seriously a sweetheart! Great to see a few minutes featuring her! She’s definitely the best Townsperson B in the region, xD!

As for the whole season in general, it took on a different general approach to the first season and to be honest I’m half-half on this. Less of individual development but more of the whole team’s instead, thus making Nishinoya and Asahi in particular a little less standworthy which I’m really saddened by in all honesty. Moreover, I kind of feel like the training arc was a little dragged out, but it wasn’t bad by any means however. Well, even then it managed to highlight and focus on Karasuno’s rise through countless trial and errors and for that I really loved it! One aspect that this season definitely lost to the first was in the intensity of the matches imo, except for that last Seijoh match here which could well top all the previous matches. Last season’s Dateko match for instance was another great feature of the first season plus the Seijoh matchup but I didn’t feel like any other matches, other than the final Seijoh match, from this season managed to hit that level.

Seriously though, I’m sure this will a new rivalry between Seijoh and Karasuno now! Nekoma v Karasuno matches better steal the spotlight now.

But these nitpicks aside, the Music Department is glorious as ever! Some new exhilarating and heart-pumping soundtracks in addition to the already-excellent OSTs from the 1st season, definitely a Department this show has nailed it! Also the 2nd Op took a while for me to get acclimatised me but once I did, I was completely hooked! And the visuals of the 2nd ED, great stuff! No complaints on the Voice Acting either. Animation quality is top-notch too, with occasional drops but nothing too significant to consider.

As such, I’ll be awarding this a solid 9.20/10, just like the first season! If I had to choose between the two (or the world would end etc) though, it’ll probably be the 1st season all things considered.

Looking forward to the next Season!
It’s kind of amazing that the next match is going to take about 10 episodes to completion but I’m going all in with mighty hopes! It’ll be a bummer if they lose after 10 episodes of incredible Volleyball though, just saying.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 9, 2019 12:11 PM
Nov 2019
Watched this on Netflix, but it only goes up to this season!
Jan 7, 2020 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
well that was a nice wrap up.... makes you excited for so much more
Feb 9, 2020 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
I know Karasuno will beat Shiratorizawa I just don't know how. I think they have used all the new techniques they have learned practicing with the Tokyo teams so what more can they put into the table? Meanwhile Shiratorizawa is still full of mystery. Anyway, finally their school paid attention to them and will actually watch the match to cheer them on. That shit helps a lot I've been saying this since day one.

Also for this season as a whole, compared to the first one, I'd say I like the first one just a wee bit more. This season they practiced waaaaay more and though I know that's necessary, I found it kinda repetitive and a little bit boring. And I know seeing the fruits of their labor was satisfying af but still I gotta consider how they got there.

Feb 11, 2020 5:34 AM

Apr 2018
This is one of my favorite shows, like, I had no clue volleyball was so lit. Great great season and pumped to watch the shiratorizawa season!
Feb 12, 2020 10:51 AM
Feb 2018
Nice ending to the season. I am pretty sure Aoba Josai will qualify for nationals next year and Oikawa is a 2nd year so he still has another chance. Now it's time for the decider of who will go to nationals.
Mar 22, 2020 12:31 AM

Dec 2019
Good way to end the season Karasuno VS Shiratorizawa, im expecting a lot and i know i won't be disappointed.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 22, 2020 7:17 AM
Aug 2016
That fits bump at the end
Apr 1, 2020 7:19 AM

Oct 2019
not having the final in the same season is such a troll. I thought they were going to lose lmao.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
May 20, 2020 9:06 PM
Nov 2018
what. a. season! this show is just too awesome. let's go karasuno!
Jun 13, 2020 9:35 AM

May 2018
Yes! Hinata and Kageyama are finally at the point where they fist bump now xD
Jul 13, 2020 2:19 AM

Feb 2018
One of the best sports series I've watched for real!!! I can't wait to watch the next season, everything is just perfect the story, music and animation. 9/10 for me really enjoyed this well.
Jul 27, 2020 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
Good/Better than average season but definitely not as good as season 1. I thought this season was slow at times. It dragged. I think it was probably all the matches, how one point could take 5 minutes because of all the slow-mo and dialogue between/during each hit.

Felt like there was more humor in season 1, too.

Season 1 was an 8+ but I rounded down to 8/10.
Season 2 was a 6 or 7 but I rounded up to 7/10.
Aug 29, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2014
Really good season. I keep comparing to Kuroko lol, but Haikyuu is definitely more consistent and well paced. I think Kuroko S2 was epic but almost too much so and the third season was lackluster as a result. I'm sure Haikyuu S3 on the other hand will be great because they've left room for further character/story/etc growth.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sep 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Aug 2020
If Oikawa were to cry I would've lost it. I love all the boys on Karasuno's team but I love Oikawa too so the game match had me sooo conflicted. I'm also sad Oikawa couldn't redeem himself and win against Shiritorizawa but oh well. Overall I love this season way more than the first and I can't wait for season 3.

Sep 25, 2020 6:52 AM

Feb 2019
10/10.

Everything was an improvement over the last season - the music, the art, the animation.

I loved the first person cams they did and the last OP and ending were amazing!

I was annoyed that absolutely noone from the school came to support Karasuno, but hopefully that should change now :)

Can't wait to watch season 3!!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 29, 2020 10:33 AM

Mar 2019
definitely love this last episode more than s1's! very heart touching when the whole school stayed late in order to support them! super excited to see s3. i appreciate how the last episodes are always chill, after matches kind of things. very nice ending to this episode too!
Jan 17, 2021 10:42 PM

Aug 2020
I can't wait to start watching season 3! This season's matches were a lot better than season 1, so I'll give it a 9/10 ^^
Feb 17, 2021 12:59 PM

Mar 2019

Where to even start. This episode was the best episode that ends a long season. It sets up for the 3rd season as well as it can get. That Kageyama and Oikawa talk was amazing. I loved it because he said it as "This isn't over yet. The score is still 1-1, meaning this isn't the last time they'll play and I love that!! Same with Oikawa's talk with the ace from Shiratorizawa. Amazing moments. 10/10 for now, but I will probably lower it to a 9/10. Looking forward to the next season!
Alex_TheForestFeb 17, 2021 1:02 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 17, 2021 8:56 PM

Aug 2017
This second season is different. Very good new characters are added (Akashi, Bokuto, Yachi), more character development that we really need (Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and even a random player from Karasuno). The animation is still very good and in general it has the same quality as the first season but for different reasons. The drama improved too. But something prevents me from giving it a 9: episodes 12 and 13, they felt very rushed and the two teams were pretty generic, it was just time wasted. Finally, Nishinoya was ignored in this season despite having a lot of relevant screentime in S1. Despite that, the training arc was really necessary.

At least this second season deserved the hype -unlike that trash called Erased from this season-. 8/10 for the anime.
NurguburuFeb 17, 2021 9:51 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2021 2:00 PM

Sep 2018
Just as engaging as the first season. Nice addition with Yachi for some female influence. The side characters are just as interesting IMO, nice big cast of players with respectable amount of time and development given to most. 9/10/.
Jun 18, 2021 1:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
These 24 episodes flew by just as fast as the first season; maybe perhaps even a bit faster. One important factor for an anime feeling fast is how much you are enjoying it, but what influences that feeling even more is the pacing. And man is this anime paced so well that it is all over before you know it.

It's just all high-octane volleyball action, the first half all being hardcore training and then the second half where we get down into the games. Maybe you'd expect the typical vacation or beach or whatever episode where they're all just chilling. I wouldn't have minded a filler-type episode at all since I love these characters. But it does indeed benefit by being solely focused on the game of volleyball. There's like no downtime that can be removed, every scene has its purpose. Only thing I can think of was the barbecue scene but you'd have to be dead inside to have that removed.

It's everything that the first season was, but perhaps maybe even a step up from it as everything has been mostly established and we are now able to move forward with our characters. Humor is very subjective but imo it lands perfectly here and is always well timed. Not one episode where I didn't find myself grinning. Let's see what else.... I love that the bench got to shine. They are indeed characters and not just some side figures meant to merely fill up some space. Maybe that ONE dude with the lighter hair didn't really have anything going for him, but at least everyone else had their moment. I like how it makes you feel for all the other teams, they are the opponents, and we only get to see many of them only once since karasuno defeats them. But they have their moments too, and as long as you have a heart, it makes you sympathize with them. I'd want to see them again later down the road.

Not only are the characters extremely fun, but on the technical side, the animation is just so well done. It's smooth and clean, and there's real actual motion that they took the time to animate. Yeah perhaps there's lots of several instances where certain movements or shots are reused, but in the fast paced environment that it is, does it really bother you that much? The music is great. The sound design is great. And it just looks very good.

First season was an 8/10 for me. This one would be an 8.5/10, but unfortunately we don't have that luxury here in MAL, so I'll have to decide between an 8 and a 9. Don't know if it's worthy enough to join the ranks of my 9's, I'll have to think about it. For now I'll keep it at an 8. I haven't seen many sports anime but it's just a feeling that even if I saw them all, this one would be my favorite.

edit: dang I just remembered that we got BOKUTO EMO MODE... now I'm really considering giving this a 9/10, LOL!!! Also while I'm still here, I will mention one thing I liked about season 1 more than season 2- I liked the ending more. This ending was great for season 2, quite perfect, couldn't really be any better. But season one's final episode with the whole team being dejected just hit different. Idk that's just me, it was kind of captivating to see. Anyway, tata, cya around.
BetaMaleUltraJun 18, 2021 1:25 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2021 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Great finale for season 2.
Oikawa has separated himself as my favorite character in this series, that conversation with ushiwaka was great.
This season was an improvement on season 1 in every respect, strong 9/10. Expecting big things from season 3.
Apr 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Dec 2020
Agony and heartbreak for Seijoh, and utter happiness for Karasuno. There is a lot to unpack in this episode.

Okay. I have to admit. I am sadder about Seijoh losing than Karasuno in S1.

Oikawa keeping his composure despite losing and never being able to reach the Nationals and, seeing Iwaizumi cry was emotional.

Seijoh was a great team. Now that the third years are going to leave, they have some serious work to do. Mad dog is finally a part of the team.

Talking about Seijoh, Oikawa and Iwaizumi's relationship is one of my favourite ones in this series. Oikawa is an amazing antagonist and easily my favourite character in Haikyuu. His talk with Ushiwaka was my favourite scene from the episode.

This season introduced so many new great characters like Yachi, Bokuto, etc and had fantastic character development with Ennoshita, Tsukki, Yamaguchi, Hinata, Yachi, Oikawa, Mad dog, Kageyama, etc. Seeing Karasuno train at the start and develop their skills through hard work made the wins all the more satisfying.

The matches were all outstanding. I loved every second of it. The first season definitely had better matches on average, but this season peaked with Seijoh vs Karasuno. Arguably the best Haikyuu match till now. I like how Haikyuu makes us sympathize with Karasuno’s opponents. They too are real people with real dreams, after all.

Asahi and Nishinoya's characters took a backseat but that's fine. I hope we get to spend more time with them in the next seasons.

The animation was excellent and the OSTs were superb.

Bokuto's Emo Mode, Oikawa's super serves and Yamaguchi's pinch serves in the 2nd set were the best moments of the season.

Overall, a fabulous season. 9/10 easily.
troilus_05sApr 14, 2022 12:44 PM
Jul 28, 2022 4:21 PM
Jan 2021
Man that was intense!

That final rally between Aoba Johsei and Karasuno was nothing short of EPIC! Both teams have players that are evolving right in front of our eyes and the action just goes back and forth, again and again!

Then Shouyou Hinata is faced with the same three man block as before, and this time he's able to break the wall and get the win!

But it's not over yet. Karasuno has mentally prepared themselves for their finals match against Shiratorizawa. I feel Hinata's excitement and I can't wait to see him fly once again.
Aug 31, 2022 6:14 AM
Feb 2018
Episode was heart racing...
Sep 6, 2022 7:33 PM
Sep 2022
myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy favvvvvv is
Sep 11, 2022 1:32 AM

Nov 2021
It's so dragged .....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Sep 18, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2022
Respect for Oikawa..
Im your fan now
Nov 4, 2022 10:45 AM

Aug 2021
great ending to another great season. i thought the pacing of this part towards the earlier end was a bit slow and lost some of my interest with everything they were trying to do but things really picked up later and the second half of the season was really great. looking forward to the final match
Mar 11, 2023 2:31 PM
Feb 2022
yes yes gud series would recommend to my grandma
Mar 26, 2023 1:36 PM
Nov 2017
Peak sports anime.
May 19, 2023 7:39 AM
May 2023
love the bonding and teamworks. idk it just makes me tear up some reason. maybe, knowing that one day they will not have these things again. also, love the comedy
Jul 13, 2023 2:32 AM
Apr 2022
Can't wait for final showdown.
Jul 15, 2023 4:36 AM

Apr 2018
Rewatch over.

Oh man, I absolutely loved this season with tons of practice matches where a lot of characters got their moments which can go from serious shit to hilarious stuff.
The matches were on a different level though.. Seijoh was an incredible game that had me on the edge of my seat. I fucking loved it when everyone started to applaud for the team when they came back.
Time to beat Ushikiawa.
I can't wait to watch the third season again.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 19, 2023 1:28 PM
Jun 2020

I have watched Haikyuu for the nth time, and I still absolutely love it.

At the beginning when I first discovered Haikyuu, the show got me so pumped that I was rewatching in a loop! I just could not get the adrenaline to wear off and just looped all 3 seasons several times. 
Then after I moved passed this initial adrenaline high, the next few rewatches were because of boredom (Haikyuu would get me all excited again), and stress (the excitement and the "freeness" they have to dedicate so much to their passion makes me happy). I do rewatch other animes too when I can't find a good one and am bored, is not only Haikyuu, but it happens more with Haikyuu.
Somewhere along the years, Haikyuu unknowingly became my comfort show.
I only just realized it now after deciding to rewatch this AGAIN because I was under such a huge amount of stress that I became so restless.
The last round of rewatched was when the last season came out, and I rewatched to catch up.
But wow... tears just started streaming down my cheeks when the first opening of season 1 came on in the first episode. This is when I knew Haikyuu was my comfort show. It brings me back to a time when I was happier, and it brings me into the joy of their simple, youthful adventure. 
Now at the last episode of season 2, I really think this show is truly amazing. Have to hold back my tears from how happy these 2 seasons really made me feel. (yea, a little bit pathetic that I am at a point in my life where anime is the only one making me smile so genuinely)

Also every time I rewatched, I just get more and more attached to seijoh and Oikawa. Hope that there will be a little spin off focusing on Aoba Josai. Like how their training camp is like, their little failures and blunders. Maybe a 2-3 OVAs episode worth would be great. 
Jul 28, 2023 10:20 PM
May 2020
As a die hard Oikawa stan, I cried a lot after watching this 😭
Aug 23, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2007
and so their match ended.
lol, no one really care about karasuno.

to be frank, while i'm cheering karasuno, i can hardly think they will be real challenge against shiratsawa.
if they somehow win them by fluke, i think i will be mad.

---

to summarize this season. while i had an anime break while watching it, i remember perfectly this wasn't the same level 1st season was.
first of all, the training arc were too long. and even when we expected karasuno to improve, they haven't won a single training match.
and even when we got into the tournament arc, i felt the pace was off in many places. and only in the last few episodes it went back.
but all that as for the story. the art was consistent for much of the season, and the animation were fluid and amazing for most of the matches. really don't think i had seen sport anime with this kind of hype that the animation alone cane make.
story wise, haikyuu is still best and utmost at character development. and while the pace killed it at times, the action and the tense of the sport was at its best in most of the matches.
7/10
Oct 7, 2023 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
I should go study for my exams but I want to start the next season 💀
Oct 17, 2023 6:31 PM
Jul 2017
great introspective episode setting up the next season
i can't wait to binge it
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

111 by V1ct012 »»
May 14, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

118 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.