New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2016 5:56 PM

Jun 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
Lordwen said:
best scene of the last decade no doubts

lmao oh shit. damnmit, you are cold!
This is not a spoiler, just a situation I make up to let you see if the anime is worth your time or not.
Imagine you still live with your parents, and the most handsome man you've ever seen strikes in your home and murders them :O, but he doesn't kill you. And then, eventually you love him (and so he does)!

If you like that, then prioritize it
Jan 3, 2016 5:58 PM

Sep 2015
Lordwen said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

This is not a spoiler, just a situation I make up to let you see if the anime is worth your time or not.
Imagine you still live with your parents, and the most handsome man you've ever seen strikes in your home and murders them :O, but he doesn't kill you. And then, eventually you love him (and so he does)!

That's a spoiler and a big one. ...............................
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 3, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2015
Lordwen said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

lol This sounds like it could be the beginning to a very dark comedy, but I know elfen lied isn't meant to be funny.

I can easily sit through a bad anime. But who knows, maybe I'll think elfen lied is a masterpiece and I'll curse all of you out for not agreeing with me that it's a masterpiece.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2015
Oh well just rewatched some scenes now. How shallow, ugly and clichéd this looks like now that I've watched like 150 more anime. xD hilarious
Jan 3, 2016 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Lordwen said:
Oh well just rewatched some scenes now. How shallow, ugly and clichéd this looks like now that I've watched like 150 more anime. xD hilarious
When you watch shows like Planetes, Tatami Galaxy and Monster, it's really hard to sit there and stomach a steaming pile of shit.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 3, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
DioTsolakou said:
Far too many people misunderstand Elfen Lied. Yes, I 'm one of those who think that it's a masterpiece but for justified reasons. First misconception, ''everyone likes it for the nudity'', nudity was necessary, trust me, I mean read the plot. It says about Diclonii, a human race with superhuman abilities and are also a minority. They get treated worse than wild animals, being tortured and experimented on in special labs where they are locked up. Sure their "goal" is to destroy humanity as God told them, but I don't see many reasons to torture them instead of negotiating. Secondly, gore is expected, you are sitting to watch a psychological horror anime. What do you want? Rainbows? In addition, Elfen Lied tries to talk about the ethical and moral rules of society and the way society is, but also, as shown in the last episodes, if forgiveness is possible even to someone who only kills, whether it is a stranger or someone you know. Finally, I am not saying it has no flaws but, in my opinion, they are outweighed.
P.S. The opening is godlike and easily one of the best.

hhmmmm well this certainly catches my attention. I remember reading about the story revolves around a separate race of homo sapiens and that the anime has certain themes in regards to unjustified treatment. This does interest me, however, since such a theme is so heavy (meaning that racism/unjustified treatment affects people in their daily lives) if it is not written about in the right way then it can be very very bad.

I will watch it though and judge for myself.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2015
DioTsolakou said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
<br />
<br />
hhmmmm well this certainly catches my attention. I remember reading about the story revolves around a separate race of homo sapiens and that the anime has certain themes in regards to unjustified treatment. This does interest me, however, since such a theme is so heavy (meaning that racism/unjustified treatment affects people in their daily lives) if it is not written about in the right way then it can be very very bad. <br />
<br />
I will watch it though and judge for myself.

I'm no anime expert myself but I think that Elfen Lied should not be underestimated and regarded as a pile of trash.

I don't think it's a big deal if people call it a pile of trash. People tell me Rainbow is a pile of trash and I see it as one of the best written animes.

There will always be reasons why people dislike the writing or dislike the plot. If you see it as a masterpiece then that is all that matters.

lol people always talk shit about me liking death note and attack on titan, but fuck yew guys I love them :D haha

side note: I wish you could get paid as an "anime expert".

Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Sep 2015
BOOBS. xD joke

Jan 3, 2016 6:24 PM

Nov 2015
Because taste is personal ? These threads make me embarrassed to be an anime fan . You're all so full of yourselves and your opinions.
Jan 3, 2016 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
I guess because it makes them more interested than not interested?

I mean, it's really hard for me to tell WHY anyone enjoys anything. It could be the art, the music, the actors, the characters...somehow, something in their experiences or personality make the show "click" for them.

I don't think someone's enjoyment of a show necessarily means the show is GOOD, it just means it made them happy, so cool.
Jan 3, 2016 8:17 PM

Aug 2015
Praland said:
Because Elfen Lied had blood and boobs.

That's basically why. While it was airing in Japan, most people changed the channel after 9 minutes because of the gore and tits.
Jan 3, 2016 8:35 PM
Mar 2015
Eto said:
Maybe you should give a valid reason to why you hate it so much.

It just tries to make characters that are so over the top in terms of having issues. That and it's intense blood-spraying murders and things like
which is just way too much to create a character.

Ryothatic said:
People out there like School Days. Why? I dunno, but they do and that's their prerogative, man.

While I won't say that School Days is good, I can say that it's just generic and shitty for most of the anime and that the main character of a harem isn't just a beat up pushover. It was a nice, refreshing feeling to have a main character who ended up being a little different.
Jan 3, 2016 8:52 PM

Feb 2013
r0dan said:
im just curious what other people find in this show that makes them keep coming back and loving it!
Lucy. That's why.

It's not the excessive nudity or extreme gore. It's the characterization of Lucy that makes me fall for her every time.

I can't blame anyone for hating it if they don't feel for any of the characters.
Jan 3, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Moved from Anime Discussion to the Elfen Lied Series Board
Jan 3, 2016 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe TITS AND BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SHIT EVERYWHERE!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Jan 22, 2016 10:21 PM
Nov 2015
Can't believe all the people that say boobs and gore/blood. This series was much more than that. It had an amazing story and I enjoyed every moment of Elfen Lied. The story between Kouta and Lucy was great. The characters were lovable (besides Yuka). Elfen Lied left a lasting impression on me. It's one anime I can't forget.
GokuSaiyanJan 24, 2016 3:17 PM
Jan 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Aug 2012
GokuSaiyan said:
Can't believe all the people that say boobs and gore/blood. This series was much more than that. It had an amazing story and I enjoyed every moment of Elfen Lied. The story between Kouta and Lucy was great. The characters were lovable (besides Yuka). Elfen Lied left a lasting impression on me. It's one anime I can't forget.

^ This.

I don't remember much about the anime, I think I may have not watched it in fact, as back then I had shitty internet and was stuck with reading scanlations.

Back in the day when I read that story, I was maybe 15 or 16 y old, and aside for Death Note, I was just reading/watching DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon and the like.

So yeah, when you're a manga/anime beginner and you read / watch Elfen Lied, it does make an impact.

Kouta x Lucy's story is pretty decent, the gore is a surprise, the boobs was a bonus for your average virgin teen reading it lol. Not that it was erotic in any way.

Now... In hindsight? After +100 anime viewed and half a hundred manga read?

I'd say the whole thing is worth a 7/10 AT BEST (probably just a 6/10 for mild enjoyment). Cause it had many flaws.

Even back then I would facepalm at the characters' stupidity (0_0)'

But as someone said, Elfen Lied was in 2004 ish the anime beginner's first serious anime.

Kinda like how people got AMAZED by Sword Art Online or Tokyo Ghoul in recent years (lol)...

Jan 29, 2016 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
Because it has a dark plot and story, that is well written.

It has nudity not it a fan service like way. I believe it service a propose as these people get treated more like animals not people.

It also has a good gore if that what your into.

Dark plot, good story. And no shame in what it shows. With a pinch of light hearted silly comedy.
Nov 11, 2017 5:01 PM

Aug 2017
Elfen Lied was one the first animes that i ever saw. After more animes watched, Elfen Lied is one of the animes of the bunch (edgy, fanservice, forced drama, plot devices, dumb Kouta and cousin). A just rushed and bad adaptation of the manga. The manga is still bad just with a final more closed and less plot holes. My first impression this anime have a score of 8/10 now 5/10 in a good mood.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 11, 2017 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
This was pretty much one of the first gore anime I saw. I am sure it was for a lot of people in the anime boom era. (Naruto Boom)
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 11, 2017 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
Ketchup fountains. Also because Amazon was like "because you like Evengelion, you might like Elfen Lied" when I started buying anime in 2009.

Nov 23, 2017 10:06 PM
Nov 2017
I really like the story it shows humanity at it's worth and what kind of person it creates when someone gets the worst of it there whole life in my option there isn't a shred of fan service t hats always in newer anime and elfen lied just stays with you and not just because of gore
Nov 26, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2017
The manga is fantastic, but I didn't care for the anime much...

It's a weak adaptation.
Nov 26, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
Bloodbaths. And yeah, dog scene was pretty legit.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2017 1:59 PM

Nov 2017
I loved it for the way it was different than all the others in that genre. The gore and violence didn't hurt either.
Nov 26, 2017 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
I liked it cause it's a mix of hilariously failed drama, over the top gore and wierd cutesy stuff, with some wannabe edgy stuff shoved in there, it's a wonderful enjoyable mess of complete failure to draw me in and failure to tell a good story, yet it's entertaining to watch the whole way through.
I can't hate it cause I had so much fun watching, despite it being one of the worst things I've watched, it was just way too much fun for that.

Elfen Lied wears it's terribleness proudly on its bare, bloody chest.
Nov 26, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
At the time, it was very.. unique. I look back on it now and think how much it could have been better, but it was certainly good for its time.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 26, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2016
I really don't know, all i'll say is even Mortal Kombat wasn't that much of a blood fest

Nov 26, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
I mostly liked it for Lucy
oh and all the gore and nudity was nice too
Nov 26, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2016
It's certainly something that'll get a strong reaction out of you one way or another. Probably one of the hardest shows to feel indifferent towards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2017
Because it has great artwork, animation, music, sound design, story and of course boobs.
Dec 26, 2017 9:42 PM

May 2016
People like what they like. No one needs to justify it to you.

That begs the question though, if you quote on quote hate Elfen Lied from the bottom of your soul then why are you interested in knowing why people keep coming back to and love Elfen Lied? Are you looking for a reason to like Elfen Lied or did you make this thread to get a reaction from people?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

430 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
May 10, 7:04 PM

» How is this still rated 7.5?

Dirittoprocedura - Apr 29

25 by Phloup »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.