Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 25, 2015 4:13 PM
Jul 2014
Anyone else noticed that it's almost 30 minutes long?
Jun 25, 2015 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
abi_benedict said:
Kanade moe overload <3

GIVE ME THAT KANADE HAND SONIC GIF NOW!!!

Here ya go :)

removed-userJun 25, 2015 4:27 PM
Jun 25, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2012
to be continued doe

KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTO
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 25, 2015 7:58 PM

Jan 2015
It's funny people waited 5 years for this special and it wasn't all that good :/. I just started watching anime not so long ago but finished with Angel Beats like 2 months ago so I was happy that there was a special but really why the 5 year wait and all for something that was average at best ... I would've liked it more to see specials after the ending maybe then it would've been worth it ..
Jun 25, 2015 8:55 PM

Mar 2014
THAT WAS SOO FUN! I liked the first OVA but this one made me laugh way more.

Girls DeMo was best part of AB IMO (Mainly for Iwasawa and Yui in the anime.) but they rarely got any screen time in the anime, this fixes that a bit.humor did feel off but that, atleast in part comes from much of it coming from girls DeMO, that and, it's been almost five years,a writer will change their style in that amount of time.

As someone with a scary obsession withjAngel Beats (I just constantly think about it. I never stoooppp ) I am a bit jealous of those who can say watching this show again brought back nostalgia because I never stopped thinking about it, UGH!
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jun 25, 2015 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
What the fuck? Yui just only appeared at the end? FFFFFFFFFFUUUU-.

Well, that ED theme made me laugh.

Jun 25, 2015 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
StardustNyako said:
THAT WAS SOO FUN! I liked the first OVA but this one made me laugh way more.

Girls DeMo was best part of AB IMO (Mainly for Iwasawa and Yui in the anime.) but they rarely got any screen time in the anime, this fixes that a bit.humor did feel off but that, atleast in part comes from much of it coming from girls DeMO, that and, it's been almost five years,a writer will change their style in that amount of time.

As someone with a scary obsession withjAngel Beats (I just constantly think about it. I never stoooppp ) I am a bit jealous of those who can say watching this show again brought back nostalgia because I never stopped thinking about it, UGH!

I never stopped thinking about it either. The nostalgia I felt is the nostalgia of being able to watch new AB! episodes I haven't seen before. I rewatch AB! all the time, but it's a lot different than watching an episode for the 1st time.
I also have a scary obsession with AB!. It's the only anime I've seen more than twice, the only anime I like both subbed and dubbed, and the only anime I've maintained interest in for 3 years worth of time (besides perhaps, Clannad).
I've only been watching anime for a little over 3 years, and most of the first series I watched (Soul Eater, FMA, Inuyasha, Black Butler, Hetalia) I don't remember at all.
"Between the first and the second is a huge gap. Being second is just a consolation for the loser. Yes, a consolation for them not to think that, as long as there's someone above them... they're nothing but a loser. The gap between a perfect 100 mark and a 99 is not just one point." -Seidou Takizawa (Tokyo Ghoul manga)
Jun 25, 2015 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
Did anyone else see the "To be continued" at the end? Are we gonna get more specials?? ^^
Jun 25, 2015 10:10 PM

May 2012
fun to see these guys back in action lol, totally didnt see that twist at the end coming :p

simbee said:
Did anyone else see the "To be continued" at the end? Are we gonna get more specials?? ^^

+1
Jun 25, 2015 10:34 PM

Jun 2013
Man its good to be back watching Angel Beats! I love it that every character (outside the guild) had some lines and they even had Dead Girl Monster interact with the cast. I missed them so much, it was funny, and every freaking club in that world is OP!

Miss ya T.K.
"Like this if u cri evrytiem"
Jun 25, 2015 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
simbee said:

I-I said that first... not that anyone cared
Jun 25, 2015 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
born2biscuit said:
simbee said:

I-I said that first... not that anyone cared

I care Biscuit-kun.
Jun 26, 2015 12:52 AM

Mar 2012
Haha, well this was quite an episode. It was nice to see some Angel Beats again. And Iwasawa was back for this! Also, I always enjoyed the opening and especially the ending a ton.
Jun 26, 2015 2:08 AM

Feb 2012
I was ecstatic when I saw the special released!! I missed this anime and the characters that go with it. One of my favorite animes!!

The Girls Dead Monster members were hilarious, esp when Iwasawa would get up from every pitfall and continue the story. T.K was also pretty cool being a hero when he saved the other guy by pushing him. It was pretty cool that Hisako was engulfed with a red demon aura after the ending credits.

"To be continued"? I really hope there's more!! Please please don't give us false hope.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 26, 2015 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
Man, hearing the OP and ED again was so nostalgic. This episode certainly wasn't what I expected, but it definitely was a whole lot of fun.

I'd assume that the "To be continued" alludes to the visual novel and its future installments, but it would be nice if it was an indication of more specials to come in the future.
Jun 26, 2015 3:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Madara22 said:
It's funny people waited 5 years for this special and it wasn't all that good :/. I just started watching anime not so long ago but finished with Angel Beats like 2 months ago so I was happy that there was a special but really why the 5 year wait and all for something that was average at best ... I would've liked it more to see specials after the ending maybe then it would've been worth it ..
This special just exists as a teaser for the VN, which the first part of comes out today in fact

It's just a hype/sales booster OVA, nothing more
Jun 26, 2015 3:35 AM

Aug 2012
T.K the real MVP
Jun 26, 2015 4:41 AM

Jun 2014
BE.AU.TI.FUL!
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Jun 26, 2015 5:16 AM

Apr 2010
So was this worth the 5 year wait?

In my opinion it was, really nice to see this again after 5 years.
I liked the Apocalypse Now reference and the Naruto reference was really funny, i loved it.
Was nice to see the guys in action again tho the focus was in Girls Dead Monster this time and the liver that was well over date.
Guess Sekina will have a hard time reflecting on what she did.
Jun 26, 2015 6:04 AM

Mar 2013
Animation is a bit better but it's still just a bit better then the first special.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 26, 2015 7:55 AM

Mar 2013
It's nice to hear Iwasawa again. the two other members of the band finally got a noticeable role.
and TK speaking Japanese fluently? Flexible.
LOL on Shiina's "cute~" phrase again, and most of all, the Evangelion reference! instead of Angel, we have devil.

It really brings back memories.

Jun 26, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
Oh god I loved it, I want more.

I want some gifs of T.K.s death "She's waiting for you at the airport." That was so epic.

Since the first OVA had Yui, I'm glad that Masami had some of the spotlight on this OVA <3 those moments with the pitfalls were hilarious since she kept going.

Though I was expecting a cooking contest, and not a murder game, it was also good to see focus on the other two members of the band.

Now onto the visual novel.

BTW, did someone noticed at the ED when Hisako transformed into the demon?
CrimsonSilver4Jun 26, 2015 8:34 AM
Jun 26, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
Hearing the OP and ED brings back some great memories. =D

I can this episode matches the first OVA in terms of humour, along with slightly improved art and animation.

T.K's death was so damn epic. He'll always be the best character to me.

Hisako's freaky as a demon, even making Kanade look pretty weak too! ^^'

With the "To be continued" at the end, I wonder if it hints to the upcoming visual novel or to more specials in the future?
Jun 26, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
"To be continued" - Oh my god, yes please.

Very nice and enjoyful. Not as good as the first one, but still very entertaining. Still loving OP and ED.
Jun 26, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
disappointed over the lack of Yui. but not bad episode to wach.
Jun 26, 2015 12:47 PM

Jun 2013
I forgot just how much i love this anime :)
Great OVA
Jun 26, 2015 1:19 PM

May 2012
It's been a while, and well it sure was lovely to see everyone again and grasp the small atmosphere of Angel Beats! Especially with that lovely OP :3

either way I personally didn't enjoyed this episode too much but it was still rather fun to think back of this awesome series!
Jun 26, 2015 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
I think the "to be continued" means that they'll animate the Angel Beats VN or something
Jun 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Apr 2013
I initially thought that it was kind of bland at first but the last 5 minutes or so got me ROFL. It was glorious. All dat raw liver... RIP Sekine's colon.

Bring on more Beats!!
dankzelJun 26, 2015 6:48 PM
Jun 26, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2008
i was mooved by the nostalgia but, honestly i had forgoten.... HOW COOL T.K. IS!....was? you get the point
points for nostalgia
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 27, 2015 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
Angel Beats: Gordon Ramsay edition... Kappa

Edit: LOL IMA PEE MY PANTS... Sekine best special gril
SayaTokidoJun 27, 2015 3:37 AM
Jun 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
...this episode brings back so many memories and why I love this series so much so nostalgic

...it all started when I ate the raw liver, LOL
Jun 27, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
Damn I missed Angel Beats! Love seeing the whole gang again. And Iwasawa is here too!! Glad that the two girls from GirlDeMo got some screen time. Too bad they couldn't kill Iwasawa.

Looks like we'll be getting more specials.
Jun 27, 2015 7:41 AM

Jul 2014
Love that song, I still listen to it once in a while. Episode was entertaining but OVA is OVA, it didn't bring anything new to the main story :]
Jun 27, 2015 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
The memories just hearing the opening felt good.
Jun 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
I got lot of feelings just because of opening!
See again these characters... damn it!
So many feelings!

''to be continued''?!
Hope we don't have to wait another 5 years for another OVA, movie or series.
Jun 27, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2014
angel beats, its been a while.

im so glad iwasawa was in this episode. she's by far the best character in the show. lol, and i love how air headed she is. i remember her being exactly like that in the manga prequel.
Jun 27, 2015 9:35 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like PA Works had a budget with this special. That aside it was fun to watch.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jun 27, 2015 10:35 PM

Jan 2011
god it's been so long the nostalgia of watching Angel Beats again almost felt the same when the Toradora OVA came out.

Missed T.K and his random English

While the OVA was one of the random type of episode it was still enjoyable
Jun 28, 2015 3:36 AM

Apr 2015
oh my god I've been waiting for this episode for a long time!
The op song brings back the nostalgia aaahh *screams*
I wish there were more episodes ;-;
great episode! missed the squad so much!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2015
T.K., what a man. And here we are again, Angel Beats! How enjoyable this OVA was. NOSTALGIA all the way. All the characters were great as usual!

Jun 28, 2015 7:43 AM

Feb 2014
I love it! Hearing the OP and ED again was nostalgic.
Jun 28, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Well this was.. surprisingly unfunny.

The animation felt a lot more off than usual, just about all the jokes used were recycled straight out of the TV series and they've somehow managed to change Iwasawa's cool personality into some stoic airhead.

Utter disappointment from a once enjoyable show. 2/5.
Jun 28, 2015 3:03 PM
Apr 2013
Madara22 said:

I think this was more fore the fans who watched this years ago who have been wanting more for a long time. Its understandable that someone who just finished the series would find it average because thats what it was trying to be, a good old Angel Beats episode.

Personally, since its been so long since I've had any new Angel Beats this was amazing! It had the randomness that I loved from the first few episodes. Even though I loved Kanade in this, I think my favorite lines was were Yuri "You've never said that before doing that!" and Otonashi "It kinda hurts to hear that" :P

Reading through this tread it seems the ep had a lot of references in it, but I didnt get most of them. Anyone think they could clarify what references were made?

Oh and did anyone else think that T.K. said "Holy fuck!" when Matsushita got torn apart?
Jun 28, 2015 7:44 PM

Sep 2014
EvenJellyOn said:
Animation is a bit better but it's still just a bit better then the first special.

How can you say this when you have LoGH, NGE and Monster in your favourites?
Jun 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty funny
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Jun 29, 2015 6:58 AM

Feb 2014
This was a really fun episode, it's nice seeing the characters again! Gonna keep my 9, this didn't disappoint me.
Jun 29, 2015 6:04 PM

Apr 2012
Miss the OP and ED song :)

lol that clubs are awesome when do the trap xD

Iwasama always get up from pitfall xD

T.K still awesome when he die xD

Hisako is the demon xD

To be Continued... another OVA? Season 2?

Jun 30, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2013
All them feels when listing to both the Opening and Ending.
I think this episode might have been better than the first.
Still want more Angel Beats.
Jul 2, 2015 5:50 AM

Oct 2013
Haha TK is so hilarious. I couldn't focus on the dialogue because of him haha so I had to rewatch a couple of scenes. Kanade lost? What...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» best time to watch them?

OrcMeiser - Apr 23

3 by Kreshre »»
Apr 23, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Dec 21, 2010

263 by KoniginElle »»
May 16, 2023 6:45 AM

» Where to watch

shadowdownfall - Jun 25, 2022

8 by xotourlife »»
Jun 25, 2022 11:10 PM

» Is it important in main storyline?

Paksh - May 22, 2022

11 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 23, 2022 2:49 PM

» to be continued?

removed-user - Jun 27, 2015

12 by Rnonsenseguy »»
Apr 8, 2022 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.