Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 2, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2013
Im only watching this hoping that they show us Lelouch alive at the end.
Jul 2, 2015 9:45 PM

Aug 2014
@Disonana

iank1434 said:
dulguN said:
biggest plot twist: Somehow they makes it so that lelouch is alive at the end of episode 4 and starts new series.

Lelouch IS alive at the end of episode 5.... the events of the miniseries takes place before episode 1 of R2
Jul 4, 2015 6:21 AM

Feb 2012
I liked the first part of the movie. I didn't really have to rethink what happened in the previous movies and because of the Akito x Leila scenes along with comrades and gypsies. Come the second part, I was confused on what was taking place since I forgot the political standpoints from movies 1 and 2.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 4, 2015 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
I actually enjoyed the first half because I wanted to see some happy moments between akitoxleila. I mean seriously all of the characters are bland. Therefore it enlightens the characters and make it a bit more entertaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
that was pretty awesome but wtf man lelouche was acting like such a bad ass then shin took him out of the game that easily??

i mean i know shin would be main bad guy and we all know lelouche isnt really dead but lelouche was such a bad ass for like 5 minutes? now shin just took him out?

Wil lelouche make a comeback in next two ovas or just show up at the end again going back home with memories wiped again?

if so wat was even the point of this cameo besides some fan wank?

I really wanted to see him in action more as julius, perhaps even as a final villain for akito but doesnt seem like that will be the case..

shin ruined that -.- even though lulu beat him at chess..

i mean i knew shin would be most important fight for akito i just hoped to see lulu as julius using his tactics to own akito team.
removed-userJul 5, 2015 7:52 AM
Jul 5, 2015 1:12 PM
Apr 2008
What a jumbled obnoxious mess of garbage, the long wait obviously wasn't to make sure that what they released was high quality.

I can't even think of anything I liked about it, everything was boring, obnoxious and stupid.
Jul 6, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2013
This was all over the place, what the hell... The first 2 movies were MUCH better than this, this is pretty damn bad. Feel sorry for people who went into the cinema to watch this.
Jul 6, 2015 8:20 AM
Oct 2007
Boring for the most parts..

The atrocious background music and editing worsen the entire movie even further.. /facepalm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 5:41 PM
Oct 2010
HandsomeMan said:
This was all over the place, what the hell... The first 2 movies were MUCH better than this, this is pretty damn bad. Feel sorry for people who went into the cinema to watch this.

I agree, I felt like they tried to incorporate some of the wackiness in S1 of the series but it just doesn't work in a movie and there's no school setting to make it believable.
Jul 7, 2015 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
skudoops said:
HandsomeMan said:

I agree, I felt like they tried to incorporate some of the wackiness in S1 of the series but it just doesn't work in a movie and there's no school setting to make it believable.

i disagree.

i feel like this part was necessary to humanize akito a bit, develop his relationship iwth leilah, and have the whole w-0 team grow closer and establish their relationships with each other .

if they didn't do this and they acted sad cuz one of them died later it would just seem forced. akito and leilah got some developement and we learned she might use her geass to save him.

There is till two whole movies left to expand plot and have lots of action.

This lull in the middle was required, and the lancelot action almost made up for it (its just too bad it seems leleuche got taken out of the game so early... i hope not but we will see)
Jul 8, 2015 2:27 AM

Nov 2014
Meh first half, and nothing interesting in second half..
First 2 movies were much better.

Jul 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
Very bad show. So uninteresting, non existing plot, action badly executed. I suggest rather remaking Code Geass R1 and R2 with this animation in more darker and serious tone without fan services. I would pay gladly for that, not his bullshit.
Jul 12, 2015 1:52 PM
Dec 2008
I liked it. Characters had a few nice scenes, the less dark tone was a welcome change from being depressing all the time, but there were some political developments during the second half and apparently we will get more action soon. It seems the following chapter will be back to the flow of the earlier parts with how they've set up the next operation at the end of the episode.
Jul 26, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
A lot of zero-business in this one. But I still liked it, though the first half was a bit boring and pointless.
Jul 27, 2015 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
I'm kinda surprised at all the negative opinions so far. I actually really enjoyed it overall. First part was a little boring but it was nice seeing the main cast in that sort of atmosphere I guess.

It was awesome to see Suzaku , Lelouch, and C2 (was that her? or another witch?) again. Lelouch being a bad ass with chess and that speech. That fight with Lancelot was freaking awesome.

lol at you guys saying lelouch got taken down so easily in this episode, have you not been watching him? He's been struggling with that damn geass brainwashing charles did to him, probably not much he could have done in that position.

Even though it kinda bothers me they didn't really show the real ending of Lelouch's encounter with Shin. Of course he didn't die, Shin kept him alive for whatever reason or maybe he got away, who knows b/c we didn't see it..

Looks like we'll get a lot of action next episode!
Aug 1, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2010
A lot of backstories and old characters revealed which was great
Interesting development with the deceiving part
Aug 7, 2015 2:21 PM

Nov 2009
That was pretty good, although it did seem like a fanservice episode for fans of Lelouch as he got a lot of screentime and even his role was basically just being Zero again but for a different faction.
Aug 16, 2015 9:03 PM
Mar 2009
It's like everyone forgot R1 and R2 had half the episodes take place in a damn high school. A. High. School. Nothing fucking happened during those except slice of life moments. Most of those episodes were spent on giving characters personality so Lelouch wouldn't be some boring ass twat who decided to rebel against his dad for the lulz.

I thought it was decent. Seeing Lelouch suffer a breakdown and the return of Spinzaku was amusing.

I wonder if this new witch is the one that gave Shin his Geass ability and now she's decided he's gotta go.

My biggest gripe would have to be the ED song. It's a good song, but three times now? C'mon. They delayed this thing for close to two years and couldn't get Maayo Sakamoto to sing a different song or some shit?
Aug 20, 2015 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
Wow... this just keeps getting worse... sort of. They spent HALF the episode with old ladies. WTF!?

2nd half was solid though. Lelouch FTW! Lancelot fight was pretty cool too. Also, I have no idea about Geass anymore with that C.C.-looking girl coming out of the TV... it was cool, but huh?
Aug 31, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2009
Spinzaku spins again!

There's a surprising lack of thought by the returning watchers of a reasonably intelligent series... There is a lot going on expanding the Geass universe here in the subtleties. A lot of the characters in Code Geass were bland to begin with, but all of the ostentatiousness made people tend to not care so much. And as said before, the slice of life downtime between action is definitely not a new thing to Code Geass, and provides character development which is hard to get in constant action.

This is a side story taking place between R1 and R2, it is not about lelouch, he is a side character this time, however his presence provides a lot of meta-plot. Comparing it to the original is rather naïve, as it made it very clear from the beginning of the first episode that this show dances to a different tune than old Code Geass; taking itself a little quieter and more seriously, rather than all of the energy and dramatic presentation.

These are 2 different animals.

As a subnote: i'm very intrigued by the rather ethereal geass girl, acting as if she's some kind of 'time police'... This is definitely implying things of even greater significance than Lelouch's exploits in the original series, and sets up room to build on the Geass universe a lot more.
GenesisAriaAug 31, 2015 7:57 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 1, 2015 12:27 AM
Aug 2015
Might be the wrong place to ask but does anyone know if there's going to be any aftermath series to Lelouch of the rebellion? I know and realize that Lelouch's story is over, but what I mean is like a story about what takes place years after the Lelouch's death incident, etc.
Sep 6, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
The gypsy dance was very beautiful, but for me the best thing was Suzaku's fight! Awesome!
Lelouch was a pain to watch...
Sep 19, 2015 7:15 PM

Sep 2008
worst movie so far
Oct 4, 2015 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
Let's be real here.
The first 30 minutes with the old ladies were a waste of time.Its basically festival scenes in Season 1 and Season 2 with minor relevant things.
The last part was the best one.
Which got me thinking...Making a thread about it.

Also Goddamn I would have fangirl so hard when lelouch removed his eye patch and ordered Fag pony tail to "Serve me!" or "Kill yourself"
SHEEESH

Also they better not completely remove Lelouch after this,Thus ending his role in the movies and this is the part where he's sent back to his school.
Fuck that,yo.
At least let Julius or Zero have some more fun.

Also so the whole Europe higher ups now knows Zero's identity, gee I wonder how they will they explain this in hindsight of Season 2.
That and Apparently Europe was conquered by Schneizel.
NeutralSideOct 4, 2015 6:55 AM

Dec 8, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
Been a while since I saw the 2nd movie. Damm Ayano keeps distracting me.
Dec 24, 2015 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
Lelouch was the highlight of this one.
Dec 31, 2015 3:46 PM

Sep 2008
Lelouch! <3
I watch these movies, because of him! <3

Warsaw!
On the one side, I feel happy about this,
but in other... eh... -.-

But dancing scene looked amazing! *.*
Beautiful shots and animation!
Jan 14, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
"Grope away ladies"

This was not as entertaining as I hoped it would be, I guess they're just setting it up for the final 2 movies though.

7/10 (because of Lelouch)
Jan 14, 2016 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
Good god this episode is the weakest of the lot. It had it's moments but overall was pretty bland.

The whole gypsy scenario felt like filler + fan service squeezed together despite it leading to some character development eventually which I believe could be done in plenty other ways.

The ending sequence kinda saved it and I expected more from Julius Kingsley/Lelouch from all the PV hype. He did well I guess, I wasn't really mindblowned by his scheme. A good excuse is , he's having an internal battle between two personalities which affects on his character and judgement. So he can be excused I suppose.

I expect Episode 04 to be better.
Mar 2, 2016 3:16 PM
Feb 2009
Holy sht fucking Lancelot was epic
Mar 27, 2016 2:21 PM
May 2013
zunderdog24 said:

What he said.
loled so hard

All that wait for almost nothing...
Is it wrong if I watched this and looked forward to listen that great ED song ?
I love that CGI , great as always.
Jun 16, 2016 1:22 AM

Jan 2016
Definitely the worst one so far in my opinion. This episode focused a lot on building the relationship between our characters and while I liked that it seems more like something you would do in the first 2 episodes. Wasn't bad and I personally enjoyed the interactions between the characters in the first half of this episode but overall I wouldn't call it anything great or amazing. Second half was pretty interesting although a little confusing because I don't really get what's going on with Suzaku and Lelouch. Pretty sure this entire series takes place between season 1 and 2 so at this point hasn't the emperor wiped Lelouch's memory and thrown him back in area eleven ? All in all it's by no means a bad episode ultimately I felt that an episode like this was necessary especially due to the lack of character building in the first 2 episodes but I felt like there was too much off it. Overall it's a 6/10 for me.

Jul 27, 2016 11:08 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=_= Man, they didn't hold back on fanservice in this one. Them wearing gypsy clothing feels so out of place from the anime setting. Was it really necessary to include this filler scene? Their clothes remind me of some manga that like to cosplay their characters in different clothing on the cover page.

Feels super weird seeing Lel-I mean, Julius go from badass and arrogant to weak and pitiful, having to rely on Suzaku for water...Might as well carry a large jug of water around his waist lol. Didn't expect them to play a bigger role in the movies.

Wow another French Revolution huh?

Lol Spinzaku to the rescue.

>_> Okay but wasn't Leila's brother the jerk at the ball? Why does he care about her now??
Jul 29, 2016 6:20 AM

Apr 2009
Too much grannies for this show. T__T
Aug 5, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

I don't know why people hated the first half. I actually thought the grannies were annoying, but it showed them develop as a group. Notice how Ryo and others doesn't hesitate to take on the mission even though a few episodes ago, they tried to backstab Leila and Akito many times.

I also love how that stupid lieutenant tried to hack their ID's only to get backtraced and hacked again.

I really love their skinsuits!!! Really reminds me of Evangelion plugsuit. Leila and Ayano :* and of course the grannies gets some fanservice as well! I was loling all scene with Ryo and grannies XD

Leila seems to be a klutz when it comes to daily work :P

So C.C gave Leila Geass when she got separated out of Lelouch. Though who where her followers? She only appeared herself in R2. And there's another user like C.C. They need to explain her in the last two episodes and how she didn't appear in R2!

I like how Shaing killed most of the other leaders. That could explain how they were no longer mentioned in R2. I guess this will explain how Britannia defeated Europia.

Of course that has to be Lelouch!!! I'm glad they did confirm that it was him. Still surprise how this was his Persona before being brought back again at Ashford Academy. Though the events of R2 is only a year after R1. So I'm guessing this event is only a few months after R1? Still it was sad seeing Lelouch being controlled like that. I wonder what would he think if he saw himself being a pawn like that.

Still Spinzaku and Kinghts of the Round pretty much took Order of Michael in an instant!

Can't wait for the final two episodes!
Aug 12, 2016 4:15 AM

Feb 2008
The beginning was rather amusing with those authentic gypsies molesting Ryo and turning everyone into gypsies. There should be gypsy conversion doujins. But sadly the second half was god awful. I don't know why they had to add Lelouche to the plot, because Akito was at least average before Lelouche started being chuuni. Now he's dragging the quality down to R2 levels so I expect lots of shit twists from now on.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 31, 2017 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad, but they made Lelouch look like a pussy, lol.

Suzaku is over-powered and his plot armor is annoying.

Fan-service was stupid.

I have to admit that the characters design in this version of Geass is sexy and pleasant to look at.

Same level with Akito 2. 6/10
Apr 14, 2017 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
Gotta recap on that Leila suit up scene.
Julius and Suzaku.
Who needs Geass when there's the Imperial Sceptor.
Ayano oppai!
Ayano and Leila booty!
Ayano and Leila oppai.
Ayano and Leila booty.
Ayano and Leila booty.
Dat Leila oppai jiggle and side booty bend over.
Dat Ayano oppai jiggle.
Scumbag Akito. How could you push granny to the ground.
Dat Leila oppai jiggle.
Dat Ayano oppai.
Dat Ayano and Leila oppai.
DEM LEGS! DAT ASS! DAT BODY!
DAT BACK! DAT ASS! DAT OPPAI! DAT BODY!
Dat outfit brings out the oppai in Leila.
Ayano's oppai look so good in that outfit.
LMAO at granny grabbing Ryo's butt.
Leila can drop a dude, but she can't chop a carrot?
Dem posters.
DA MILF IS BACK!
What hell is up with Julius and water? Suzaku looks at him like he hates him.
lol at Ryo.
Ayano puts her arm around Leila in the bed. HLA?
LMAO at Ryo getting his butt grabbed again.
Smoove Akito got Leila and Ayano sitting next to him.
Baka Akito declining getting fed by Ayano.
Ayano's face got a bit red. A sign?
Oh shit! Leila stuck under the ice.
So it was Leila and C.C. shown in the end credits of the 1st episode.
C.C. saved Leila 11 years ago. Hold up. C.C. gave Mao the power of Geass 11 years ago. She was in China during that time. How the hell was she there to save Leila? Unless that's not C.C.
So C.C.(?) gave Leila the power of Geass.
She got kids with her.
Ayano and her oppai are so beautiful in that light.
Ayano's face got red again.
LMAO at Ryo telling them to grop him.
Ayano hips and oppai jiggle don't lie.
Ryo cockblocking Ayano.
Leila face got red.
Ayano looking so fine in that new military outfit.
Julius and Suzaku meet Shin.
What's Ashley doing there?
Julius just chilling.
Julius announces the Ark Fleet through a hacked broadcast. Seems familiar.
SPINZAKU!
Julius plays chess? Julius won.
The Emperor is the one and only thing Julius must protect.
Julius immediately begins feeling pain.
Was that a flashback? The Emperor has Geass? He used it on Julius?
Julius freaking the hell out.
Julius mentions the Tokyo Settlement and Kamine Island. Hold up. Could he really be?
The Geass effect appears in Julius's eye.
He now tells himself to get out of his head? What?
Shin mentioned a terrorist and Area 11. He said the Ark Fleet plan was familiar. The exact same plan. He called Julius, Zero. Julius is really Lelouch?
Suzaku shot at Shin. Dat knightmare is quick AF.
Suzaku called Lancelot.
Suzaku dodging those knightmares like its nothing.
Not feeling the CG on Lancelot.
Julius rips off his eyepatch. He has Geass.
Julius said Nunnally. OMG! Julius is Lelouch!
Who is that Geass woman? She has nice oppai.
WTF! How did she do that?
Shin reveals the identity of Julius. He killed Zero? No way!
Dem heads.
Dem punches.
Shin used Geass on Alice. He loves her.
Leila blushing and her oppai on point.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 18, 2017 4:50 PM

May 2012
As I expected, and well it was nicely confirmed in this movie that he was a brainwashed like Lelouch!

Pretty impressive development in general I must say, looking forward for the sequel movies.
May 8, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
lol, Lulu killed that easy?
I don't believe it. I don't see Shin shot Lulu in the first place.

who's gonna win?
Akito's side or Shin/Lulu side?
if Akito vs Shin, I hope Akito win.
if Akito vs Lulu (who lead the army), I hope Lulu win, because Lulu always find its way.

I expect Shin to use geass on Lulu or Suzaku, but hey he didn't.
May 9, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2015
I can't understand anything anymore lol

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 15, 2017 4:22 PM

Aug 2008
This would have been so much better if they had left out Lelouch and the boring gypsies from the first 20 minutes, waste of time. Can't get this above a 6.
Sep 9, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
gypsy episode and all dat CLAMP fashion xD respect
rly digging the dark and more 'primitive' undertones of this side story.

Mar 21, 2018 6:15 AM

Sep 2017
Those grannies are seriously perverts.

But we see a bit more of the stuff cleared out and also Suzaku fight! That mecha fight was good. The plan was good. Let's see if everything gets cleared by the next movie.
Also, Ayano was seriously hot.

Most of the episode was political stuff. And Julius is Lelouch! I never thought they would figure it out.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 29, 2019 6:12 PM

Sep 2017
I unironically enjoyed this movie. I'm not sure why I liked this more than the other two (actually, I do, but that's for the body paragraph), but this was pretty okay.

We can just forget the audiovisual stuff, as that didn't change (I think the CG got slightly better, but the OST still sucked). The best improvement this movie made, besides the fact that the first half was basically a slice of life which I tend to enjoy, was the character development. I almost have a reason to care about these people now. Mind you, I still don't, but it's way more than the first two. The first half was basically just okay character development, but I'll take it! Seeing Suzaku in action again was awesome. I don't buy that Shin guy figuring out Lelouch = Zero that fast at all though. Not only does it contradict the events of R2 in that he literally told an entire room of people who Zero was and that shit would have spread really fast, but Shin doesn't come off as someone intelligent enough to do that. Not even Schneizel was able to piece it together that fast, and there is no way Shin is even on the same realm of intelligence as Schneizel. 6/10.

Paul said:
Been a while since I saw the 2nd movie. Damm Ayano keeps distracting me.
Friendly reminder she is 15, which makes about as much sense as Jojo ages
GytanzoAug 29, 2019 6:15 PM
Oct 19, 2019 4:40 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Welp, that escalated quickly. I’m so happy that we got to see C.C and even happier that we got a serious Suzaku fight, decimating those lowly forces. I wish Lelouch would have broken back to his character and confronted Hyuga with some rosty lines.
Dec 11, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2019
7//////////////////////10
Jul 30, 2020 8:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely the best out of the three so far!

First half with the bonding and grannies were fun and lively to keep up with. Some wonderful fan-service too, I just love the Character Designs and Clothing of the show! Plenty of lol moments too which is always nice.

C.C. spotted! Important person for the Commander = Akito? Interesting, can't wait to see how this'll all unfold in due time.

Meanwhile, a taste of Zero this episode. Gee, Lelouch as a villain is definitely the worst luck to unfortunately have. Elaborate and devious, all hail Lelouch! Looks like the Geass that Charles put on him was diminishing, huh? I suppose it makes sense as to how he managed to rise back up in R2.

Anyway, that Shing lad is definitely not up to any good. And that Geass spell on his step-sister, could it be she's the important being for him?

Quite the teaser for the next movie as well, I must say...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Mar 2019
Yeah, this was the best of the three Akito films I've seen so far. Surprised to see people like the first two films more. This movie is where it finally began to feel a bit more like Code Geass than some soulless and drab mech anime. And that's thanks in part to the Geass scenes, the awesome Julius/Suzaku stuff at the end, and the gypsie camp stuff which reminded me of the lighthearted Ashford Academy scenes from the original anime.
Feb 20, 2023 7:28 AM
Feb 2023
Upon rewatching Code Geass 3 times including the recap movies, all the plot holes, dumb writing, plot conveniences & contrivances became more apparent.

The Highly praised ending Zero Requiem also makes no sense and feels contrived and forced to gain sympathy for Lelouch

10mins of pathos sequence and the grandiose opera soundtrack sadly can't fix all the plot holes, dumb writing and contrivances.
He could've kept the throne and made change happen differently. Even the upcoming sequels can't fix any of these.
These are irrefutable facts and the people who watched the show for the first time are blinded by the ending.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Confused about Lelouch who ended up as Julius.

JafriZin - Jul 27, 2015

7 by Nathan_Murphy »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:46 AM

» Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 3

Ruler632 - May 21, 2015

7 by miss_cecelia »»
Jun 27, 2015 9:01 AM

» First 10 minutes

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

13 by TheLastKing360 »»
May 15, 2015 6:25 PM

» Seeing this w/o seeing the first two

Regicide - May 14, 2015

1 by deg »»
May 14, 2015 3:28 AM

» Akito The Exiled taking way too long to get released???

chrisedmonds - Oct 30, 2014

17 by ParaParaJMo »»
May 9, 2015 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.