Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't like Tsubaki at all in this episode. And she's my fav character here :/
So blonde girl r.i.p finally or not yet?
Also r.i.p kitty :(
Mar 5, 2015 1:15 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
well as for the nurse, normally for emergencies, they were pretty polite lol
still rushed as f**k... I was expecting the qualification round to continue.....
and Tsubaki kind-of-like-a-confession wasn't cool at all lol

as for the cat I felt like Shinichi (Kiseijuu) when he saw the dog die..... XD well ofc it was going to die....

still great story line so far~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 5, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2009
Damn it... I'm not ready for snow yet.
Mar 5, 2015 1:17 PM
May 2014
Zeally said:
i find it really insensitive that Tsubaki would even bring that up to him when Kaori is on her deathbed. Not to mention she rubbed in his face like he's got no chance when he actually does lol
Tsubaki doesn't know Kaori is actually dying. Kaori puts on a face for her and promises she'll be back in school.
Mar 5, 2015 1:18 PM

Jun 2011
I really like Tsubaki, but Tsubaki of this episode was disappointing. Though I heard people say that the manga-Tsubaki handles that moment better...
Both Watari and Tsubaki think Kaori likes Kousei. I wonder when Kousei will get some more confidence.
Ah, I feel so bad for him, I can't imagine what'll happen if Kaoru dies. (T/N: I thought I'd be spoilered by now, but I still don't know what happens in the manga, yay.) They still need to play together :( The scene with the cat was done very well.
Good episode. 4/5.
xpaulaMar 5, 2015 1:21 PM
Mar 5, 2015 1:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
x3mslayer said:

When i think of snow...i think of Clannad. Fuck me.
Mar 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
The feels! :'(
I'm gonna cry so much in the next episodes.

Mar 5, 2015 1:24 PM
Jan 2014
dam why has be snow day reminds me clannad ,makes me think snow is bad anymore
ranma6899Mar 5, 2015 1:30 PM
Mar 5, 2015 1:27 PM
Jan 2014
if she dies next episode arima gonna have trouble playing for concert he gonna give up ,he gonna think music bad he needs to quit
Mar 5, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
This anime is cruel in parable of Kaori to cat, yet dying and settling with death was obvious theme of this anime from its very beginning.

Despair is coming. A song dedicated to Kaori and Tsubaki comforting Arima in the end, eh? Two more eps.
Mar 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
THE FEELS. KAORI.
Mar 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Tsubaki is jealous. The moment that black cat died, we all knew... Kaori is gone T-T
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 5, 2015 1:42 PM
Oct 2010
- For a plot twist, let's have Kaori die.
- That's not a plot twist, it's been lampshaded since episode one.
- Right... Ok, for a plot twist, let's have the cat run over.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 5, 2015 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
The show basically works best for people that into the whole "feels" thing which usually translates as shows heaping pseudo romance themed melodrama on you and female characters usually of the magic pixie dream girl variety have prolonged drawn out depressing deaths and bad shit just constantly happen to the male lead all for the purposes of trying to make the viewer cry more than anything.

I'll never really get the appeal of such stories myself since it just feels like kind of cheap melodrama that wears out it's welcome fast, I just preferred it more when the focus was on music. In so many ways Shigatsu no Kimi no Uso pretty much turns into a typical KEY/Visual Arts story as it goes on in terms of tonal dissonance and plot developments, which again means totally different things to different people depending on how your tastes are wired. I kind of see it as little surprised that reactions on the final chapters are somewhat mixed to say the least.
PeacingOutMar 5, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Not the cat....NOT THE MOTHERFUCKING CAT YOU BASTARDS!!!! WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE CAT???? WHYYYYYY???

But on a bit more serious note, I really love this anime so far. It has great animation and story. It took a bit but Kousei finally openly said he loves Kaori. That moment when he said that in hospital, I knew some shit was gonna go down. Call me wuss, but I love melodramatic stories like that. This will be first romantic anime I really enjoyed in a long while. But end is a point where most of romance anime fail to deliver. I just hope that this one pays fair amount of tribute to all characters at the very end.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 5, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
i dont think ill ever forget these feels
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 5, 2015 2:14 PM

Dec 2010
This was quite a touching episode. Tsubaki finally confessed, and with the rate Kaori is deteroitating, she might be the end game pairing. It was some nice symbolism with the cat there at the end. Wonder how this is going to turn out in its final 2 episodes?
Mar 5, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
cyclone1993 said:
This was quite a touching episode. Tsubaki finally confessed, and with the rate Kaori is deteroitating, she might be the end game pairing. It was some nice symbolism with the cat there at the end. Wonder how this is going to turn out in its final 2 episodes?

It's obvious
Mar 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
I could care less about all that was happening in this episode, but WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL THE CAT ;__;
Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
I said it before: Watari x Kaori doesn't count, never did. Watari is only "with" her because he can, just like how he simultaneously is with a few other girls. Kaori in turn is only "with" him because she can be, without anyone in that relationship getting really hurt when she dies, neither Watari nor herself.

Dimitrije1606 said:
Not the cat....NOT THE MOTHERFUCKING CAT YOU BASTARDS!!!! WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE CAT???? WHYYYYYY???

Usually, it's the dog.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 5, 2015 2:31 PM

Sep 2008
DoctorWasabi said:
I could care less about all that was happening in this episode, but WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL THE CAT ;__;

RIGHT!?

Damn it... Why I more sad and pissed because of that cat than characters...
Why that cat?
Also dying in such way...
When Arima even tried to help him...
Damn it...

I thought this gonna be cute and colorfull anime with nice music in it...
and almost 90% of this anime is depression, sad, disease, one-sided love and full of drama -.-
Mar 5, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
I don't know if I cried more when Kaori had a shisha or when the cat got ran over or when Kosei cried!! :''''''(
Mar 5, 2015 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
I don't understand why Tsubaki is getting so much hate. First of all she didn't know Kaori's illness was terminal. And though her confession sounded presumptuous, I think she just said the first thing that came to her mind.
Mar 5, 2015 2:35 PM
Jun 2014
This anime has too many feels. Like I just started listening to classical music because of this anime, but now that I listen to any classical music, this anime keeps re-popping up in my head ><!

Kaori x Arima all the way.
Mar 5, 2015 2:39 PM

Nov 2012
Urgh,really do dislike Tsubaki's character.

Black cat dies,Kaori's next.

This episode that was suppose to invoke some sort of emotionally reaction from me didn't make me feel a thing.

2/5
Mar 5, 2015 2:40 PM
Jun 2014
VanishingKira said:

This episode that was suppose to invoke some sort of emotionally reaction from me didn't make me feel a thing.

2/5

really?? all what you just said about dying....how could that not make you feel a thing ?? D:
Mar 5, 2015 3:01 PM
Jun 2013
Sankyu_ said:
Thank god this piece of shit only has 2 eps left.

If you think the show is "shit" why are you watching it?
Mar 5, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
VanishingKira said:

2/5

Ano Hana a masterpiece, oh well... I understand now
Mar 5, 2015 3:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The evil onion strikes again. The feels this episode. Kousei is getting destroyed left and right. I disliked Tsubaki this episode, for the confession scene of course. Cut Kousei some slack, he's stressed out and has a lot going with him.The confession from Tsubaki mixing up his feelings, Tsubaki or Kaori. Then the competition is coming up, Kousei slacking with his practices. Lastly, Kaori's condition which takes a turn for the worst. Poor Kousei, I feel bad for him. Then there's the cat that got runover.

It looked like Kaori was having a seizure by the way her hands and body were moving.

Well guys, here are some tissues if you need some.

Mar 5, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2014
NOOOOOOOO ONLY 2 EPS LEFT NOOOOOOOOOO
MY MASTERPIECE WILL BE OVER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
WuBoyBR said:
NOOOOOOOO ONLY 2 EPS LEFT NOOOOOOOOOO
MY MASTERPIECE WILL BE OVER

Watch White Album 2 :)
Mar 5, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2012
I can't believe there's only two episodes left :/
Mar 5, 2015 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
OK WTF That nurse was a bitch! Unnecessary hostility.
Mar 5, 2015 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
I can't anymore :'c So much symbolism, so much meaning in everything :'(
Mar 5, 2015 3:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
b1GZZ said:
I can't anymore :'c So much symbolism, so much meaning in everything :'(

And the onions just keep piling up. It'll only get worse from here on out. I felt like slapping Tsubaki, can she not tell how much Kousei is suffering.

Mar 5, 2015 4:07 PM

Jun 2014
nice ep. we are getting to the ending , and im contracting a samurai to keep the onion cutting ninja out of my sight

and btw fuck the cat
Mar 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2007
Smudy said:
x3mslayer said:

When i think of snow...i think of Clannad. Fuck me.

The short episode 21 preview just screamed "White Darkness".
Mar 5, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
Childhood friend needs to learn it's place.

RIP in Peace Kaori.
Mar 5, 2015 4:16 PM

Jun 2013
I knew it was coming but the tears wouldnt stop when i saw Kaori so helpless.... broke my heart
Mar 5, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
I loved the scene between Tsubaki and Kousei. She finally took the first step. And just when you thought that the death flags couldn't possibly increase, A-1 stepped up their game once again. RIP Neko-chan.
Mar 5, 2015 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
This episode - Cannonball (Momentum)
Next episode - Firing the cannonball (Unleashing momentum)
Final episode - A house destroyed by the cannonball (Conclusion and aftermath)

The anime adaptation of this episode was 11/10, I also read the next chapters and, personally, it's final pages has one of the most heavy phrases for a story, not going to spoil it, but it is really, really good as an ending.
A lot of stuff happened this episode but it's not being rushed, that I can say for sure, it's a master anime adaptation of the manga.
Mar 5, 2015 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
Shaniyaz said:
I'm starting to dislike Tsubaki. "Kao-chan likes Watari. And you... have no choice by to love me." Like really? That's so selfish of her and also the worst way you can confess your feelings to someone. She even kicked the guy too! >.<

Well, Kousei will never look at her as a girl after all that. Girls are enigmas indeed!

Watari already knew about Kousei having feelings for Kaori, but it was nice seeing how they officially settled it.
Too bad, she's probably dead by now, or at least on the verge of it. That black cat's death foreshadowed it so heavily, I won't be surprised if she died already.

Good episode. Feels train is on sight. Kousei is the first one to board it, followed by Watari.

Mar 5, 2015 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was good and yet heartbreaking.
Nice to see a little more into Tsubaki and Kousei's past.
Kousei admits that he has feeling for Kaori and Tsubaki wanting Kousei to love her.
So heart breaking at the end with Kaori in the hospital and seeing her hand drop onto the bed.
Kousei looks literally broken and then going outside and seeing the cat been run over and the blood on his hands.
Only 2 more eps to go. How is this going to end?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 5, 2015 4:28 PM
Jul 2012
tehfunkicookie said:
This anime has too many feels. Like I just started listening to classical music because of this anime, but now that I listen to any classical music, this anime keeps re-popping up in my head ><!

you think this has feels...wait till Koe no Katachi comes out
Mar 5, 2015 4:35 PM

May 2014
This was really relaxing to watch. Tsubaki as a kid is amusing. This episode made me like Tsubaki even more. Tsubaki finally letting it out to Kousei and when she kicked him, that was hilarious. I would rather have Tsubaki and Kousei stay as great friends. It seems better that way.

But the last few minutes, oh my goodness...why you do this to me again!? When Kaori's hand just couldn't hold onto the bar anymore, my heart just sank and I instantly got tears. Kousei was actually very excited to go see Kaori with Watari for once. So sad...*sniff*
Mar 5, 2015 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Hito420 said:
tehfunkicookie said:

you think this has feels...wait till Koe no Katachi comes out

It's going to be a single movie though.

For all we know, it might simply be adapting the one-shot manga and be around the length of a single episode.
Mar 5, 2015 4:39 PM

Sep 2010
THIS WHOLE EPISODE WAS TOO MUCH. Everything just went to shit and everything is dying.

(I love this anime but damn don't make me cry)
Mar 5, 2015 4:45 PM

May 2012
god damn it, not again dude the feeeelllllzzz, why you do this to me anime why why why omg :'( crying here
Mar 5, 2015 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
Well things happened. Kaori is having seizures. It will be interesting. I wanted to see Emi and Kousei's performances though.
Mar 5, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
why is there so much hate??

I'm really enjoying the emotions in these past few eps
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.