Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2015 2:28 PM

Sep 2009
Lichtspiel said:
So the girl is the little sister of Takeshi, huh...
Poor Kaori ;_; I noticed they made her skin paler. And she's getting more like Kousei's mother.

It was obvious that Nagi is Takeshi's sister. They look the same and she didn't even try to fake her surname much.

rsc-pl said:
ImTheGuy said:
Woah that last line. No words..

"Want to commit double suicide with me?"

I hope that it was only a joke... :|

She was citing the book. But still there was some meaning in doing so.

BTW. It's not the first time I heard about "Ichigo Doumei". Is this novel famous in Japan or what?
Feb 5, 2015 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
Chelizzle said:
Zeally said:

She's dying. She's having a difficult time sorting out her emotions.

yeah but who do you know is as bubbly, cheerful, perceptive as her? she's literally a character of one end of the spectrum. no surprise that she (if someone like her does exist) would jump quickly to the other end of the spectrum (ie suicide). i mean as a musician and one as passionate as her, if you cant perform what your heart/soul tell you to do, you may as well be dead, right?
Feb 5, 2015 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
Her time is running out and the atmosphere is getting sadder and sadder. Now that I know how this is gonna end, it's almost painful to watch.
Feb 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
Chelizzle said:
Mhm I don't know why,but I don't really care that she's going to die.But I guess that's just me.
Okay episode,I like how they spent the day,but her rage at the end was rather unfitting IMHO.
2.5/5

Basically this. Idc if she's dying, shit was mad annoying.
Feb 5, 2015 2:46 PM
Oct 2012
Chelizzle said:
Zeally said:
She's dying. She's having a difficult time sorting out her emotions.

Well, this entire show has been forced (it is the primary drawback of the manga as well).

That said, I think that while Kaori had seemed to be accepting of her situation and was intent on living each remaining day to the fullest, she was actually engaging in a little escapism by keeping everything a bit too superficial and light (as evident by her playing style). She dealt with the situation by not letting anything get too close to her (even her getting a boyfriend was extremely superficial (as even the boyfriend would probably agree)).

But now she realizes that she really will lose something that she really wants to experience (whether it be Kousei's music or love), and this sudden realization and regret is what caused the outburst of bitterness. For the first time something has really caused her to confront and accept her own mortality.
Feb 5, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
Kurogashi said:
Chelizzle said:

yeah but who do you know is as bubbly, cheerful, perceptive as her? she's literally a character of one end of the spectrum. no surprise that she (if someone like her does exist) would jump quickly to the other end of the spectrum (ie suicide). i mean as a musician and one as passionate as her, if you cant perform what your heart/soul tell you to do, you may as well be dead, right?

Well, not really. I mean, why should you kill yourself ? Move on, heck she's surely not the only person like that. But why do you have to drag Kousei with you ? I guess, at least, on a rational level, that he doesn't want to follow her, even though he loves her. I mean, someone as rational as Kousei wouldn't do that. I guess he'll try to convince her to change her mind.
Feb 5, 2015 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
Those feels... man poor Kaori
Feb 5, 2015 2:50 PM

Apr 2008
lllllllll said:
wow i'm speechless.

Probably nothing to take seriously. Nek minnit she'll be like: that's a quote from "x". (Ichigo Doumei?)

TheNaturalPerm said:
Seems like Kaori has ALS huh? That'd be a death sentence. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm having a strange suspicion that it might actually be Spino-Cerebellar Degenerative Disease (SCA). Her hand co-ordination when she dropped that bottle, the gradual loss of walking and the clumsy falling is proof of that. If that's true then she's definitely going to die. (Since there's no known cure)

This is like "1 Litre of Tears" all over again! :'(
Feb 5, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Too depressing, and it will last for another month and half :/
Every time Kaori shows up, the feels...
Feb 5, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
That came out of nowhere. Damn
Feb 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2014
I was interested in that book that they showed in the last scene called Ichigo Domei and I did some research and this is what I came across, a synopsis for that novel. It is eerily similar in some ways to Your Lie in April heck, it might even be worth the read. I looked it up cause in the sub I watched she was quoting apparently.

This isn't a spoiler for Your Lie in April just the synopsis for "Ichigo Domei"

Maybe some kind of homage to the novel? In a way it conveys Kaori's feelings to what she said at the end of that episode.
Feb 5, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
Judging from her condition and symptoms, she probably has SCA12.. Sad because she's my favorite character in this series.

Feb 5, 2015 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
I don't think I can take more feels as it is!!!

Want to commit double suicide with? <<<<<<that line killed me the most!!
Feb 5, 2015 3:36 PM

May 2012
"Want to commit double suicide with me?" Damn that hit me.

Seems like every episode gets sadder and sadder. Day beginning was something else. I should have known then. Nagi hates Kousei, but I think she is coming along. Man I feel sorry Kaori. She exploded on Kousei. I knew he think about his mom and how she started to act when she was dying. I wonder her quoting the words from the book is her of telling Kousei what's going on. Damn I get the feels every time I watch this. ;_;

5/5
Feb 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode.
The violence toward Kousei is annoying as usual.
Wonder what will happen.
Feb 5, 2015 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
Truly a Pavane for a Dead Princess...That last line shocked me, along with the flat monotone voice she said it with.
Feb 5, 2015 3:56 PM
Oct 2010
English translation of the novel "Alliance of the 15s by Mita Mashiro".

https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/alliance-of-the-15s-by-mita-masahiro/

The lines that Kaori said at the end came from this novel. And of course Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess also came from this.
Feb 5, 2015 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
R.I.P Kaori and Kousei ;___;
Feb 5, 2015 4:17 PM

Nov 2014
Takeshi looked really cute like wow. Man poor Kaori. I think she's definitely going to die soon and what a cliffhanger... I just hope Kaori doesn't turn into just another plot device to push Kousei along... ugh I really hate when that happens. Nagi was super cute and I think she's really starting to like Kousei even if she refuses to admit it :3 This anime has some seriously cliche and cheesy lines, and unfortunately I am apparently one of the masses that just completely eats that stuff up. Ugh I hate it but I also can't get enough???
Feb 5, 2015 4:43 PM
Jul 2010

I think this is a subtle reference to one of the, if not the, most popular Rachmaninoff piece, the prelude in c#minor op 3 - 2, that is a really dark piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qwJoFQ3qo
Feb 5, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
Wait is Nagi into her brother? Because Kousei was all like, "You like him." and she didn't deny it.
Feb 5, 2015 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
that last line
Feb 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Oct 2011
that last sentence was cool *w*
looks like lots of people assumed that she was really inviting Kosei ^^'... isn't just a quote? (a sad one, really.. but... ) .... the fansuber here even used quotation marks XD

anyway, really funny the scenes with Kosei teaching that little brat :v
and I like the scene in the shrine too... kind of sad, the part that Kosei was talking about Kaori and those scenes with her in the hosptial.... :/
Feb 5, 2015 5:16 PM
Aug 2014
Double suicide and Lover's suicide sound the same in japanese but I think it's more appropriate to use to lover's suicide, especially when the anime uses a lot of imagery
Feb 5, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
Aww snap… wth kaori, double suicide? wasn't expecting this at all. hell yes.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 5, 2015 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
I was enjoying the anime showing music competitions and some comedy spots, but nothing that was something incredible, but in recent episodes the drama has grown rapidly and is highlighting the plot, the anime has grown in my concept, is making me increasingly more excited, I hope the development becomes even more dramatic ..
Feb 5, 2015 5:44 PM
Aug 2014
Wow, this episode was certainly a roller coaster of different emotions.

That last sentence though.
Feb 5, 2015 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
wow has gotten so amazing.
I remember how much that ending threw me off when i was reading the manga.
Feb 5, 2015 6:20 PM
May 2014
VanishingKira said:
Boring episode,still waiting for her to die.

Carefull, might cut yourself with that edge :^)
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Feb 5, 2015 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
So, that was how Kaori got hurt!

I really like the part where Kousei was teaching Nagi.
Feb 5, 2015 6:31 PM

Aug 2014
Liked the episode, but then again, Tsubaki not being around much is an automatic 4/5.

Didn't expect Arima to be such a strict teacher - it somehow doesn't fit him, yet it kinda does. Didn't expect Nagi to be a brocon either. For now it seems like neither her nor Kousei will win over the people they love.

I still find the comedy unnecessary and unfunny, especially when Kousei's getting beat. That being said, the final quote from Kaori was really something. I still can't decide whether Kousei not indulging in her issue is a good or a bad thing. I know that's how you're supposed to act when you're around a sick person, but completely ignoring her worsening condition isn't what i'd call smart.

Regrettably, it seems as though actual music performances really are taking a step backwards, their spot being taken by the immensely growing drama.

Looks like the next episode will focus on everyone.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 5, 2015 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
Her condition just gets worse and worse. I'm shocked none of the characters see that she is really sick considering how long she's been in the hospital.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 5, 2015 6:34 PM

Jun 2013
This anime breaks my heart in every episode i watch DX
Why do i torture myself by watching this beautiful anime?
Feb 5, 2015 7:08 PM

May 2012
This is getting sadder and sadder.. The sub are quoted probably a quote from the book..

Feb 5, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
DejWoSWK said:
Chopin's Tristesse during the last scene fit well enough.

That's not Tristesse. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not Tristesse.

---

Kaori's last three lines were most likely quoted from the book she was reading. HorribleSub's version even has that part between quotes.

This series doesn't tug my heartstrings at all, the drama and dialogue are over the top, all the characters try their best (or rather worst) to say really wise and deep lines but fail miserably. If it wasn't for the focus on piano (I'm a pianist myself) I would have dropped it long ago.
Feb 5, 2015 7:30 PM
Jul 2014
going downhill fast. resorting to pathetic humour fillers and weak ark. 20% of the episode was worth watching.

this anime is like someone im trying to take seriously but they keep changing from a suit to a clown costume every 2 minutes.
Feb 5, 2015 7:34 PM
May 2013
Lichtspiel said:
Poor Kaori ;_; I noticed they made her skin paler. And she's getting more like Kousei's mother.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw Kaori, glad to see I'm not the only.
Feb 5, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 2015
rsc-pl said:
ImTheGuy said:
Woah that last line. No words..

I hope that it was only a joke... :|

I actually think that she was quoting a book (maybe a book that Watari brought her to the hospital a few episodes back?) because her words seems rehearsed, or at least, not her own. I remember she used to quote Charlie Brown quite a lot and this seems like the same pattern.
Feb 5, 2015 7:44 PM
Jan 2015
Animeh124 said:
Lichtspiel said:

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw Kaori, glad to see I'm not the only.

The first thing I noticed was Kaori's hair, specially in this episode. She looks skinnier, paler and her hair is losing it's color, fragile-looking. It's all so sad...
Feb 5, 2015 7:57 PM
Jan 2015
I actually got inspired to write this little piece by the last few episodes of the anime Your Lie in April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso). It’s in Spanish, so bilingüals enjoy!

Ella corre, frenética, impaciente. En ese momento siente como si el mundo alrededor se detuviera, nada la retrasa, nada la detiene. Con sus suspiros rasgados y el corazón acelerado, entra al trance imperfecto de la música, sus manos delicadas rasgando el violín, el sonido puro a los sentimientos de todos en aquella sala de conciertos. Es increíble que este personaje, esta proyección, le pertenezca a una joven frágil, consumida por pastillas, de ojos brillantes y sonrisa suave. La veo desde el piano, mis manos son acompañantes a sus melodías, y su arco y flecha los guía juntos hacia la victoria. Momento de absoluto silencio, segundos que pasaron a ser horas, un eterno trance reflejaba las palabras “Toco para que nunca me olviden”. Estruendo y aplausos rompen mi fantasía, no, mi pesadilla, embrujado al perder la música, horrorizado al perderla a ella. Violín toca el suelo del teatro, y con el eco de su caída, la respiración se interrumpe y da paso al pánico.
Feb 5, 2015 8:33 PM
Jan 2014
Kelvets said:
DejWoSWK said:
Chopin's Tristesse during the last scene fit well enough.

That's not Tristesse. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not Tristesse.

---

Kaori's last three lines were most likely quoted from the book she was reading. HorribleSub's version even has that part between quotes.

This series doesn't tug my heartstrings at all, the drama and dialogue are over the top, all the characters try their best (or rather worst) to say really wise and deep lines but fail miserably. If it wasn't for the focus on piano (I'm a pianist myself) I would have dropped it long ago.

If I'm not wrong it sounds like ravel's pavanne (the one included in the OST).
Feb 5, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2014
After watching this episode and reading the final chapter, I just feel so lonely
Kaori :'((

DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER.
Feb 5, 2015 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
I think it'd be cool if the out of control death flags were a red herring to drive Kousei's fear and development through the mirroring of his mother/Kaori(even though either way it's still beating a dead horse), and she's only going to end up paralyzed as a result of whatever debilitating/degenerative condition she has. That way she still gets development in dealing with not being able to play anymore which could tie to Kousei's development. I think the ED hints more towards something like that.

Or so I'd say if manga readers didn't post vague-not so vague reactions that tell otherwise.
Feb 5, 2015 9:39 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my...thing's escalated just from those last words of the episode. My goodness. Even though she may brush it off as a joke or quote next episode, she truly meant those words. Man just confess Kaori. You'll be happy to have spent your last days with the man you love
Feb 5, 2015 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
Ah. Yet another bipolar episode.
Feb 5, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2010
That escalated quickly. Not sure if Kaori was serious or just quoting someone with that last line.

Feb 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
Well last week I ranted about how the whole Kousei and Kaori are supposed to be a musical duet is kind of misleading, and was hoping we'd see more than one performance before the end.

But uhh, yea after showing a wheelchair next to her bed, and her hands losing the ability to function, I don't think that's going to happen.

Honestly, if I had known the story was going to be like this, I would've preferred that they were never a musical pair to begin with, and were just to people who had a passion for music or something. It just has a misleading summary, saying that a prodigy who cant hear music becomes the accompanist to a crazy violinist. It just implies that they perform more than once.

Idk, maybe it's just me. I just expected the whole performance thing to be a bigger part of the show. Not, "oh lets start triggering death flags after episode 3, and keep Kaori in the hospital for 12 episodes".

Feb 5, 2015 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
annalebelle said:
Animeh124 said:

The first thing I noticed was Kaori's hair, specially in this episode. She looks skinnier, paler and her hair is losing it's color, fragile-looking. It's all so sad...

I noticed that too several episodes back. Her whole color scheme is becoming more unsaturated compared to the other characters.
You can really tell if you do a side-by-side comparison of her first and recent appearances.

KilikcliaFeb 12, 2015 7:48 PM
Feb 5, 2015 11:06 PM

Nov 2012
i wish they'd just tell us what kaori's suffering from. i think at this point everyone is aware that she isn't well, and might die.
Feb 6, 2015 12:08 AM

Feb 2012
Arima's harem is increasing... but I'm afraid he'll be losing one though. :(

With Kaori's health deteriorating, I'm frightened to continue on watching the next episode.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.