Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
That op is just too good.

Also great episode yet again
🗿

I am easily entertained.

Jan 23, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2015
Why does this show only do two people? Why not everyone who died in the bus?

Things are too convenient for my liking and the choosing of the individuals doesn't make any sense.

7/10. Decent episode but we need more information on how the world works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2012
Landos said:

Things are too convenient for my liking and the choosing of the individuals doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps nobody else on the bus died? They might have survived and these two persons were just unlucky (or perhaps Lucky since they now could have a date)
Jan 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
Decim "I'll give you 5 minutes for the date"

best part of the episode

nice how they both got reincarnated
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 23, 2015 1:42 PM

Apr 2011
-Luhui said:
It's so nice to see that there is the option of both parties being able to be reincarnated, rather than someone unfairly going to the void like the first couple. I was sad thinking that one of them was going to the void until I saw above the elevator doors. ;o; This was a really good episode

Hikarusuke said:
One thing I'm confused about though is that girl was Mia right and not the other girl right?

Yes.
It was merely a misinterpretation of memories that she thought she was Chisato.

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me. It all makes sense now.
Jan 23, 2015 1:42 PM

Nov 2012
Dull episode.
Leaves barely nothing to discuss
Jan 23, 2015 1:44 PM

Dec 2013
This was surprisingly happy episode and I loved it from start to finish.
Jan 23, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
Uh.. eh? But plastic surgery in Japan and Korea is actually not uncommon. (Even for children or high schoolers, apparently).

I knew she wasn't Chisato. But I expected Mai to actually be a guy... kind of disappointed with the conclusion.
Jan 23, 2015 1:47 PM
Nov 2013
Landos said:

I feel like this is something that'll probably have at least a slight explanation. Not sure, but it just seems to me like they will explain why they pick a specific pair that dies at the same time and not just a random couple. My idea is that maybe it just picks those people with the most significant connections to each other? In this instance it would be because they were childhood friends, the last couple would be because they were newlyweds.
Jan 23, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
That was such a sweet love story! A huge contrast from the newlyweds. Although it looks like next week is gonna be pretty brutal.
Jan 23, 2015 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
It was interesting to see a more calm episode but i still prefer when there is screaming. Their story didn't affect me at all, guess i have a heart made of stone lol But i'm happy they both got reincarnation :D Ah Decim made a joke, didn't expect that xD Overall great episode!

The next episode seems more dark. Can't wait for it!

Jan 23, 2015 1:50 PM
May 2014
So the childhood friend still loved him, even after death.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 23, 2015 1:50 PM

Sep 2014
That episode was really good. I'm really glad that there are happy endings in this anime, too, even though this was also sad at the same time. I like how honest and warm-hearted both were. Shigeru's move when he finally knew everything was sweet.

Ciara said:
Decim wins this show.

Yeah, Decim's jokes. xD
Jan 23, 2015 1:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
VanishingKira said:
Death Arcade,hmm kinda like the Kingdom Royale in Hakomari.If Madhouse gets next episode right might show they're worthy of giving Hakomari an anime adaption.
If HakoMari's 7th volume ever comes out that is :s
Jan 23, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2013
Mirorin said:
But I expected Mai to actually be a guy

Haha, I had that thought for a short moment as well while watching. That maybe she was a guy before in life and had a sex change.
Jan 23, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
So the problem of having one always go to Hell is solved by it not being actually the case. Which is nice, I really was sad at the end, thinking that one of them would go to the Void. And it makes this trials a lot more fair and humane.

Good, nice and calm episode, and Decim actually got me with his joke^^
Jan 23, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
How do you know they both were reincarnated?
found it, there was like 2 second shot to notice it..
AizixJan 23, 2015 2:13 PM
Jan 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
Samboni said:
Landos said:

I feel like this is something that'll probably have at least a slight explanation. Not sure, but it just seems to me like they will explain why they pick a specific pair that dies at the same time and not just a random couple. My idea is that maybe it just picks those people with the most significant connections to each other? In this instance it would be because they were childhood friends, the last couple would be because they were newlyweds.

First episode had newlyweds.

This episode had vague friends as children.

The problem I have is the relationship in the first one is a lot stronger than the relationship in the second. Sure they reconnected during the episode but they weren't that close growing up, hence why the girl got the surgery.

Really wish the girl with the black hair would ask questions, to fill the audience in. Three episodes in and are we still clueless on how things operate in the world of Death Parade.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
wow this was bittersweet.

and both got reincarnated it seems. same mask and the light coming from the elevator when the door closed looked like it went up
Jan 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
That was a really nice episode, happy for them both c:
Jan 23, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
A great episode with great feels! Now that they have both players going to heaven I wonder if there will ever be an episode where both go to hell....
Jan 23, 2015 2:24 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, it was nice to see them both reincarnated at the end. Though I want to learn more about the characters in this after world place. The games are fun to watch but I'd rather see more best girl Nona :P
Jan 23, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2012
The feels.

Man I never thought this anime would give me the feels. This was a nice love story all the way till the end. The date was a nice touch also. Glad to see we can get episodes like this and not just people going crazy. Happy they both got reincarnated. Also I thought that was a nice touch by madhouse. Where at the the end the girl face start reverting back to her original one. Just a nice episode all around.

5/5.
AntearionJan 23, 2015 3:19 PM
Jan 23, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
Happy endings can be a nice change of pace ^-^

Excited to see the (apparent) darkness of the next episode, though *^* I wonder if we'll get to see an episode where both go to the void?
Jan 23, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2013
I really do hope that both masks being the same above each elevator means they are both being reincarnated. It would be quite terrible for either one of them to go into the void.
Jan 23, 2015 2:42 PM
FAL made me

Oct 2012
Landos said:
Samboni said:

The problem I have is the relationship in the first one is a lot stronger than the relationship in the second. Sure they reconnected during the episode but they weren't that close growing up, hence why the girl got the surgery.

Really wish the girl with the black hair would ask questions, to fill the audience in. Three episodes in and are we still clueless on how things operate in the world of Death Parade.

It seems that there is no need of a strong connection.. Just a connection between the two people...
Jan 23, 2015 2:45 PM
Apr 2013
I was thinking she was actually a trap lol
But still a beautiful episode that shows you don't need to have a bunch of edgy/cold characters to make something interesting. Glad to see both went for reincarnation because I feared one always had to go to the void which would be sad. I expect an episode soon where both go the the void.
Jan 23, 2015 2:48 PM
Apr 2012
kostas66 said:
Landos said:

It seems that there is no need of a strong connection.. Just a connection between the two people...

Yes, there's no need for a connection. In the OVA (Death Billiards) the 2 people were unrelated
Jan 23, 2015 2:51 PM

Oct 2013
That was so good! Dose feels! Wow threw me away
Jan 23, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
This was a cute episode. It felt peaceful through all the episode. Glad they both got reincarnated.
And I'm going to ship Decim and that black haired woman(still don't know her name) sooo much.
Jan 23, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty disappointing, the whole episode give me this unnatural and contrived feeling in the writing department. It's hard to get invested when both characters take death this lightly is like they have no personality outside of this episode, especially when they were told that they had to gamble with their lives and the girl said help me remember my name and the guy just okay with it, I know they want to try a different tone this time but the presentation is just awkward.
Jan 23, 2015 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
The episode was super sweet and cute, so far from the previous. I'm not really found of happy endings, but I really am happy that they both were reincarnated..
I wish there will be more darkness in the next episode though.
Jan 23, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Lovely episode

Jan 23, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
It's nice that they both got good endings, but I don't really know what factor allowed the girl to be placed under the "nice" category. Shigeru on the other hand was non-judgemental about Mai's choice to undergo surgery, but as far as I can tell the most positive action Mai took was telling Shigeru she was sorry when she remembered about her past.
Ah, well I guess it's that she was attempting to take the initiative and tell him she wasn't actually Chisato.

...OST this ep damn fine though
LOADJan 23, 2015 3:23 PM
Jan 23, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2012
What a peaceful episode this time and the show moves at a steady pace.
ShaikanJan 23, 2015 3:52 PM
Jan 23, 2015 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
Both went to heaven, yaaaaay :3
Jan 23, 2015 3:17 PM
Jan 2015
Darcsen said:
Landos said:

Perhaps nobody else on the bus died? They might have survived and these two persons were just unlucky (or perhaps Lucky since they now could have a date)

I would like to think either:
a) They survived and only these 2 died or
b) Those other people went to other floors since Decim is on floor 15 I believe. The others that died could of went to other floors, and by chance these 2 are the ones that Decim was "assigned"
Thats my 2 cents anyway, great episode regardless
Jan 23, 2015 3:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really nice change of pace and atmosphere for this episode

The earlier stages of the episode made me feel like I was watching the OVA again when Onna would do the number countdown thing :3

I also found the story between the two childhood friends to be sweet...I don't have anything against plastic surgery at all, it was her decision and I respect that...Some people are just not happy with their bodies

Regardless, it was pretty damn cute how the guy genuinely loved her regardless and them going on that date was beyond kawaii :''D

I also liked seeing the interactions between Decim and Onna....When he made that joke I was like "Well check this out...Decim grew a funny bone xD" loool

And I guess this episode confirms that both players can go to the same place =o I'm really happy that they both got reincarnated because quite frankly they both deserved it :D

Great episode overall, pacing was great and the animation was solid yet again

I'm glad that DP isn't going to be all dark and gloomy....We need episodes like these from time to time
Jan 23, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
BTTFDeacon said:
I really do hope that both masks being the same above each elevator means they are both being reincarnated. It would be quite terrible for either one of them to go into the void.
thats a fact, that they went for reincarnation. It would make no sense if one of them would go to hell and the other to heaven, as long as they were pure honest throughout the game. Importnatly, since their childhood.
Jan 23, 2015 3:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
with this nice little episode, i feel like next episode's gonna be hard.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 23, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
Nah, it seems to me that the writers bit off more than thay can chew. This kind of story is better with living actors, animation can do it sometimes, but here they don't succeed in showing the subtle changes in expressions. And Onna - Decim dynamics isn't going too well.
I am disappointed that there will be another couple next time. And a man and a woman again...

Edit: I mean, I did like this episode in a way, but it definitely isn't the show I hoped it would be.
deadoptimistJan 23, 2015 3:38 PM
Jan 23, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 2013
What a nice episode :) loved it 5/5
Jan 23, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
Wait this was an episode of Death Parade?

Surely this episode came out of nowhere....

Oh well... I guess it was cute and highly enjoyable...

#Decim best boy 2015.
Jan 23, 2015 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
I was disappointed by last week's episode, but this one was quite enjoyable.
Jan 23, 2015 3:45 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
deadoptimist said:
Nah, it seems to me that the writers bit off more than thay can chew. This kind of story is better with living actors, animation can do it sometimes, but here they don't succeed in showing the subtle changes in expressions. And Onna - Decim dynamics isn't going too well.
I am disappointed that there will be another couple next time. And a man and a woman again...

Edit: I mean, I did like this episode in a way, but it definitely isn't the show I hoped it would be.

yeah its a man and woman but its not necessarily another couple. (anyway, i hope not.)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 23, 2015 3:46 PM

Nov 2014
q_q

Q_Q
Jan 23, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
What a fantastic episode, really touching and Decims joke was just perfect; literally left me laughing out loud.
Jan 23, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
Great and beautifull episode.
Jan 23, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
Really cute episode! The change of atmosphere was very refreshing.
Jan 23, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode!

The outcome is also good. They deserved it.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.