Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 22, 2015 5:34 AM

Apr 2014
Magito said:
hivekiller said:

Really? Where did you get that information?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection_(anime)

the url included the (anime)
Jan 22, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
"There's something I want to tell you..." Damn it, Mutsuki. You don't say that right before the battle T____T

NOOO Kisaragi! I saw the obvious death flags but still. And what the heck why do I feel like Akagi just raised a giant death flag on herself? Are they really going to follow who and when one got sunk? I don't want it *sadface* (interesting enough, a lot of the ships sunk in or around the country where I'm from).

And why the hell did TTK send four battleships out on an expedition?! No wonder the enemy saw through their plan. He/she sucks.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 22, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2014
Things like this is bad for my heart. </3
Jan 22, 2015 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
I know there's too much kisaragi's death flags in this episode ... But i never thought someone would die in this anime .. I thought it was just a cute moe anime .. This episode really reminds me with Madoka Magica .. My first impression about Madoka was just a cute moe anime just like kancolle .. I don't think this anime will turns into heartless anime like Madoka, where almost everyone died .. But i still hope that kancolle can make more surprises for the rest of the series ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2015 7:29 AM
Nov 2013
I just found out that every character is based on real ships. And I was wondering wtf are people talking about "Historically correct" and stuff. Mind = Blown.
Jan 22, 2015 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Wow I did not expect that ending....poor Kisaragi....
My Candies:
Jan 22, 2015 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
The one who wrote the story script is actually a Sadist.
Is it going to follow the Historical route? if yes then it will be Darker and many Ship Girls will die.
Then many Kancolle Fans will rage and grab their Pitchporks to raid studio Diomedea.

If the entire Ayanami class has appeared in anime, then i`m gonna be worried.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 22, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2012
Falle said:
Things like this is bad for my heart. </3

I second this.
Jan 22, 2015 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
Well, now that characters are dying (I had no idea) this has suddenly become a lot more interesting. Can't really have feels when it comes to the death as the last thing they show is her with a ripped shirt revealing a bra... of course.

Excited to find out who's going down next.
Jan 22, 2015 8:57 AM

Dec 2013
Death flags, death flags everywhere.

I thought it was going to be Mutsuki that would bite the bullet. Didn't expect that Fubuki would suddenly get so accurate with her aim.

Seriously, are they going to follow the Japanese naval war history to decide the order that each fleet girl bites the bullet? It's gonna be disappointingly boring to watch when we already know which girl dies in which campaign....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 22, 2015 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
Ray_Light said:
At least I know what to be expect
It's Urobutcher...

Urobuchi has NOTHING to do with KanColle, You've been fooled by trolls.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 22, 2015 9:15 AM
Apr 2008
Zeta986 said:
Is it going to follow the Historical route? if yes then it will be Darker and many Ship Girls will die.

I'm more pissed at the fact that they're trying to put a half-assed history in the anime just to "thicken the plot" but at the same time still trying to splash some moe into it. Hey during all my year watching anime, that kind of thing didn't fly.

Ray_Light said:

It's Urobutcher...

Dear lord Urobuchi didn't even join this thing. Do a double check before you blame the man.

Here's one more thing for those that like to call his name after every death, ever since the guy joined the anime industry his killing skill actually got worse.
Jan 22, 2015 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
amoex said:
Ray_Light said:

It's Urobutcher...

Dear lord Urobuchi didn't even join this thing. Do a double check before you blame the man.

Here's one more thing for those that like to call his name after every death, ever since the guy joined the anime industry his killing skill actually got worse.

His name gets cheaper every time someone mentioned his name for every death in anime they see.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 22, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
NOOo why did she have to sink D: I thought they would just get repaired in x amount of time, but she actually sank ;_;
Jan 22, 2015 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
CandyFace said:
NOOo why did she have to sink D: I thought they would just get repaired in x amount of time, but she actually sank ;_;

Don't worry~ there's a lot more where that came from.
Jan 22, 2015 9:43 AM

Oct 2010
And this is why Mutsuki-class DDs are used exclusively as exp DDs

Next episode: an abyssalized Kisaragi twisted with sorrow and regret awaits the Kongou sister...
Jan 22, 2015 10:12 AM
Jan 2014
So what was Takao trying to tell Fubuki before Atago interrupted???
Jan 22, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
Dystania said:
Well, now that characters are dying (I had no idea) this has suddenly become a lot more interesting. Can't really have feels when it comes to the death as the last thing they show is her with a ripped shirt revealing a bra... of course.

Excited to find out who's going down next.

That's actually compliant with her damaged art (every girl has a clothing damage picture, used when she has suffered medium or severe damage)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 22, 2015 10:23 AM
Apr 2008
peachhead96 said:

Atago put her pubic hair in that charm for Fubuki.

Yes, that actually was a thing back then.
Jan 22, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
amoex said:
peachhead96 said:

The hell
Jan 22, 2015 10:27 AM
Jan 2014
amoex said:
peachhead96 said:

wow. lmao. I regret asking now.
Jan 22, 2015 10:47 AM
Apr 2008
Hey don't bail on me now.

While I'm at it better give explanations before someone report me.

The reason is that women doesn't have "balls", so bringing that charm would make the sailors (mainly dude of course) immune to any "balls" that fly toward them (Bomb, shells, torpedoes, etc.)

Here's another explanation, but this time it works as a lucky charm for gambler. The act of giving birth as a woman has always been a mystery in the old days. Of which people thought that it was a "holy act", and by using them "hair" the gambler could borrow the holy power that reside within the woman body to win some game.

And yes, rumor has it that even in this modern day and age, some people still do this.
Jan 22, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
if they are gonna go killing of character in regards to history, a lot of characters are gonna die. this completely changes the show for me as i thought it was just simple slice of life/comedy .
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 22, 2015 3:07 PM

Mar 2008
Even though the death flags were lining up everywhere I totally did not expect to have to worry about FEELS in this show. I was expecting happy go lucky ship girls, not FEELS. Doesn't feel good :(
Jan 22, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
zadkieI said:
I just found out that every character is based on real ships. And I was wondering wtf are people talking about "Historically correct" and stuff. Mind = Blown.

I'm not sure how someone can be so out of touch

I mean, they tell you as much in episode 1
Jan 22, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
DarkPaladinX said:
Soooo....you probably may need to understand history in order to know the significance of this episode.

Basically, the Battle of Wake Islands is a naval battle where Kisaragi was sunk by the Allied bombers. As such, it is expected that Kisaragi will be sunk in this episode.

So this episode introduces the concept of sinking in the Kancolle video game. Basically, if your ship is sunk, the ship is gone...forever (kinda like the Fire Emblem games with the permadeath of your character). Apparently, it is possible to get your ship back, but you need to restart from scratch.

Thanks for the info man, helped me a lot to understand what happened on Kisaragi's true death.

Jan 22, 2015 6:04 PM

Apr 2014
amoex said:
peachhead96 said:

Can't be unseen
Jan 22, 2015 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
.......the ship girl forgot a sonar ... or submarine girl... to find that sister ship...if i were the admiral he should deploy submarine patrolling all over..incase of this kind of scenarios.....
the mortality rate for the ship is considerably hi cause they are the ones to rush in
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 22, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2010
Well if all the battles keep this standard, I'll definitely get completely hooked.

and as for kisaragi getting sunk, was kind of obvious.
c'mon the death flag was blinking the moment the other chic said "I want to tell you something once we get back"

anime characters you need to know your own rules. XD
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 22, 2015 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode.... i felt bad for mitsuki but the development wasnt good enough for me to feel that emotional
Jan 22, 2015 8:24 PM

Sep 2013
So, it gets good now it seems.
Jan 22, 2015 9:56 PM

Oct 2009
This reminds me of the first time I lost a ship in Kancolle. :(
Jan 22, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
The battleships!! Hiei!!!

And the sinking of the Kisaragi surprisingly resembles how it actually sank:
"Kisaragi was sailing away from the engagement when it came under air attack by four F4F Wildcat fighter planes from Wake armed with 100-pound bombs. One Wildcat, piloted by Henry "Hammering Hank" Elrod, dropped his bombs on Kisaragi's stern, which was packed with depth charges.[7] This caused the ship to explode and sink with all hands about 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Wake Island at location 18°55′N 166°17′E."
- Wikipedia

Jan 23, 2015 4:48 AM
Nov 2013
Great, now characters I give exactly zero fucks about are dying. How sad omg kek.

I see that this won't stop getting worse and worse, can't wait until the last episode. It begins with a 3/10, now is a 2/10. And all those cringeworthy ganbaru monologues and dialogues and the really terrible voice acting, ughh.
Jan 23, 2015 4:49 AM

Sep 2013
Kolnikov said:
Great, now characters I give exactly zero fucks about are dying. How sad omg kek.

I see that this won't stop getting worse and worse, can't wait until the last episode. It begins with a 3/10, now is a 2/10. And all those cringeworthy ganbaru dialogues and terrible voice acting, ughh.

2deep4u
Jan 23, 2015 4:51 AM
Nov 2013
Of course :D

Poi
Jan 23, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2010
Kisaragi got a obvious flag but I didn't want her to die. I mean just when she was turning out to be interesting...
Jan 23, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
she sunk
Jan 23, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2009
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
.......the ship girl forgot a sonar ... or submarine girl... to find that sister ship...if i were the admiral he should deploy submarine patrolling all over..incase of this kind of scenarios.....
the mortality rate for the ship is considerably hi cause they are the ones to rush in

Two problems with that:
1. We don't even know if he has a submarine
2. Most of the Pacific is deeper than any submarine (especially one from WWII) can get to. Good luck getting people down there without dying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
I'm a bit concerned that this will turn into a war drama, Kancolle is an happy game actually.
ok, when you pay no attention to damage status and repair you will lose your girls.
But I don't think the audience wants to see their ship girl dead in the ocean,
I hope Kisaragi was just an exception to show that this is actually dangerous to fight the enemy.

Honestly turning this show into something too depressing, won't increase the rating and I would drop it soon, probably.
Jan 23, 2015 12:21 PM
Dec 2013
You sank my battleship destroyer!
Jan 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
Kisaragi....NOOOOO T-T

Jan 23, 2015 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
kaimax said:
Jonesy974 said:
Also, what is this "KUSO Teitoku confirmed" thing people keep mentioning? Another game related term?

Basically means "shitty Admiral", it's for players that makes "bad/weird decision"
In this case, sending 4 Battleship class Kongou sisters to a regular expedition, even though in the anime it saved the Torpedo Squad, but game wise it's a weird decision since It wastes so many resources.

rozz627 said:
Jonesy974 said:
Well that kind of blows.....

The fight was kind of fast paced, but they showed off some impressive team work and coordination.

She didn't get much screen time, but I liked Kisaragi. She had a very pretty character model and was one of the ship girls without an annoying as fuck personality.

If it wasn't historically accurate, I would've much preferred to see Mutsuki go this episode. She was the one raising all the flags to begin with.

Also, what is this "KUSO Teitoku confirmed" thing people keep mentioning? Another game related term?

Kuso means"shit/crap" and TTK means "admiral".
Sending out Battleships (BB's) on expeditions is not wise.
from a gamer point of view it should have been the destroyer (kisaragi in this case) that was sent on an exped and the BB(kongou sisters) sent on a sortie(fight) as they are one of the strongest classes for surface fights

Ah, ok. Gotcha. Makes sense now. Thanks for the info.
Jan 24, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
AO968 said:
SoonaxUchiha02 said:

Two problems with that:
1. We don't even know if he has a submarine
2. Most of the Pacific is deeper than any submarine (especially one from WWII) can get to. Good luck getting people down there without dying.

you forgot the plot.
Jan 24, 2015 6:33 AM

Sep 2013
Context for the issue of sinking:

In-game, sinking is never a shipgirl's fault, it's always the admiral's (player's.) Essentially, Ships have several stages of damage: No damage, Light damage, Medium damage, and Heavy damage. As long as a ship does not enter combat with heavy damage, they can only be reduced to 1/(Maximum health), and will not be sunk. If they enter combat with heavy damage, they can sink. Since the player always has the option to retreat after a battle, there is no way that friendly ships will be sunk UNLESS the player decides to continue combat.

So, from what we just saw:
-Kisaragi would never have sunk, she would have at the very most suffered heavy damage but have still been operational if not in preparation for inevitable time at the repair docks
-Their admiral continues to be a total shithead, aside from putting BBs on an expedition (when you're trying to farm resources, you don't send high resource-consumption ships) he's already lost a ship

A few other points about Combat:
-For whatever reason, this teitoku decided that he didn't need to attach standard/light aircraft carriers to his fleets. 99/99.9% of the time in-game, your fleet will be unable to attain air superiority (without explicit preparation) unless you've actually brought some anti-air planes with you on your own aircraft carriers.
-The Type 3 shells the BBs were firing, the sanshiki, don't actually have that kind of an effect in-game and were pretty shit in real life too (it's basically like firing shells with shotgun-pellets)
-Planes will simply stop all combat once their aircraft carrier reaches medium/heavy damage (with the exception of the armoured carrier Taihou), so what just happened shouldn't really have ever happened...

Now, what would have actually occurred in-game:
Shit-Teitoku: "Oh shit, Kisaragi sunk, I shouldn't have pressed the continue button. Well, it's probably because I can't read Japanese."
Shit-Teitoku: "Whatever, I'll just get another one and re-train her."
Two days later, re-attempting the same map
Shit-Teitoku: "Damnit, why did I get another Kisaragi, I already got 3 of her from drops and she keeps coming back in ship construction. FFS that voice is becoming annoying. Scrapped!"

She's one of the more common ships in the game, and has absolutely no purpose* beyond being used in expeditions since her class consumes few resources. You wouldn't miss Kisaragi in-game. But guess who's even more common and annoying than Kisaragi?

"KANTAI NO-IDOLU! NAKA-CHAN DA-YO~ YOROSHIKU!"

*Since it would be unfair to say that since I hold a few useless ships dear too, it is maybe worth knowing (since they never bothered to show it in the anime) that Kisaragi is one the of the most perverted ships in the game. The majority of her lines have something to do with being lewd with the admiral. Since shit-teitoku doesn't even have a face, I guess she doesn't care anymore.
nep-nepJan 24, 2015 6:54 AM
Jan 24, 2015 8:13 AM
Nov 2013
I hope that Kisaragi is the first and the last girl to be sunk.
Jan 24, 2015 8:26 AM

Sep 2011
cupc said:
Kolnikov said:

I see that this won't stop getting worse and worse, can't wait until the last episode. It begins with a 3/10, now is a 2/10. And all those cringeworthy ganbaru dialogues and terrible voice acting, ughh.

2deep4u
seriously, i cant stand these plebs ragging on shows cause they cant see their subtle nuances

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 24, 2015 9:00 AM

Jun 2013
so she not dead but...... sunk????
Jan 24, 2015 9:13 AM
Dec 2013
FrostbyteDOT said:
Context for the issue of sinking:

In-game, sinking is never a shipgirl's fault, it's always the admiral's (player's.) Essentially, Ships have several stages of damage: No damage, Light damage, Medium damage, and Heavy damage. As long as a ship does not enter combat with heavy damage, they can only be reduced to 1/(Maximum health), and will not be sunk. If they enter combat with heavy damage, they can sink. Since the player always has the option to retreat after a battle, there is no way that friendly ships will be sunk UNLESS the player decides to continue combat.

So, from what we just saw:
-Kisaragi would never have sunk, she would have at the very most suffered heavy damage but have still been operational if not in preparation for inevitable time at the repair docks
-Their admiral continues to be a total shithead, aside from putting BBs on an expedition (when you're trying to farm resources, you don't send high resource-consumption ships) he's already lost a ship

A few other points about Combat:
-For whatever reason, this teitoku decided that he didn't need to attach standard/light aircraft carriers to his fleets. 99/99.9% of the time in-game, your fleet will be unable to attain air superiority (without explicit preparation) unless you've actually brought some anti-air planes with you on your own aircraft carriers.
-The Type 3 shells the BBs were firing, the sanshiki, don't actually have that kind of an effect in-game and were pretty shit in real life too (it's basically like firing shells with shotgun-pellets)
-Planes will simply stop all combat once their aircraft carrier reaches medium/heavy damage (with the exception of the armoured carrier Taihou), so what just happened shouldn't really have ever happened...

Now, what would have actually occurred in-game:
Shit-Teitoku: "Oh shit, Kisaragi sunk, I shouldn't have pressed the continue button. Well, it's probably because I can't read Japanese."
Shit-Teitoku: "Whatever, I'll just get another one and re-train her."
Two days later, re-attempting the same map
Shit-Teitoku: "Damnit, why did I get another Kisaragi, I already got 3 of her from drops and she keeps coming back in ship construction. FFS that voice is becoming annoying. Scrapped!"

She's one of the more common ships in the game, and has absolutely no purpose* beyond being used in expeditions since her class consumes few resources. You wouldn't miss Kisaragi in-game. But guess who's even more common and annoying than Kisaragi?

"KANTAI NO-IDOLU! NAKA-CHAN DA-YO~ YOROSHIKU!"

*Since it would be unfair to say that since I hold a few useless ships dear too, it is maybe worth knowing (since they never bothered to show it in the anime) that Kisaragi is one the of the most perverted ships in the game. The majority of her lines have something to do with being lewd with the admiral. Since shit-teitoku doesn't even have a face, I guess she doesn't care anymore.

That would actually make sense historically. After their losses when attempting to take Wake Island, the Japanese had to detach Soryu and Hiryu from the Pearl Harbor raid to help the destroyers deal with the US aircraft and artillery on the island.
Jan 24, 2015 10:48 AM

Feb 2013
Excuse me, theres death in my anime of cute girls doing ship wars things.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 27, 2014

345 by daddy7860 »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.