Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2015 8:39 PM
Mar 2014
FlamingMangos said:
Well... Yeah, wtf do you expect from a military moe anime? Did you really have high expectations for girls und panzer, Stella Women's Academy, Strike witches, and upotte? The funny thing is that the people expect something amazing from these kind of moe shows and then they get disappointed that its unoriginal and boring. Might as well say that to ecchi shows too.

You can have 'moe' designs while still actually trying to make a compelling story and flexible characters. See K-On, for example.
Girls und Panzer is similar because the characters were all stereotypical and stupid, but it remained fun to watch. Even though they usually come hand in hand, enjoyment doesn't necessarily mean quality. A lot of people want to watch a quality series and not just one that they enjoy.

TripleSRank said:

People need to get over hating on negative opinions just because they're negative. I believe that's the actual complaint here- the fans don't want to hear criticism.

Fans have little expectations solely because they just want to see the thing they like animated. This adaptation isn't atrocious enough to warrant the fans' disgust, I suppose. The Persona and Danganronpa adaptations' reception prove that this can happen.
vegetablespiritJan 7, 2015 8:43 PM
Jan 7, 2015 8:50 PM
Apr 2008
TripleSRank said:

Moe doesn't automatically equate to a non-serious or bad story. You've seen Tokyo Magnitude 8.0; it had moe character designs and still had a serious storyline.

Except Tokyo 8.0 is not close to what moe anime actually is... that anime didn't ring any "moe" when I watch it. Japanese won't go as far as merging disaster and moe into anime, they just don't mix.
Jan 7, 2015 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
FireKiller87 said:
This is an anime for the Kancolle admirals. This should have been obvious from the beginning to EVERYONE.

If you aren't a player, please jump ship now. Seriously, I will bet that if you haven't so much as looked at the actual game, all the random lines and little nods flew right over your head.

This is also a new trend that's occurring where anime are made to cater almost if not exclusively to those who know the series prior to airing (often to sell the original source mediums), with Girlfriend (Kari), I did have to play the game to enjoy it but I started it the week before airing. Kancolle does not require you to play the game as long as you have taken the alternative routes and read either or both the novels and manga. Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls requires you to either 1. Played the game 2. Have listened to the 30 image/drama CDs 3. Read 1 or more of the 8 manga in circulation.

My first encounter with the trend was with Fantasista Doll and it didn't end well for my impressions of it once I found out.

Jan 7, 2015 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
Never actually played the game but man, the amount of doujinshis I've read.

Have no idea what's going on but I'm still enjoying it. The CG seems to be a hit or miss for me so far, sometimes it's fine others it just feels bad.

Lack of Shimakaze.
Jan 7, 2015 9:30 PM
Jan 2012
So many hating. Newfags Can't Into Anime?
Jan 7, 2015 9:34 PM

Jan 2008
unknownp123 said:
So many hating. Newfags Can't Into Anime?

Basically MAL at the start of every new seasonal release. Give it a couple weeks and the haters will usually die off and focus onto 1 or 2 specific shows. They'll probably target Tokyo Ghoul 2 once the episode officially comes out.
Jan 7, 2015 9:35 PM
Sep 2014
Not so much ecchi as expected, is appreciated that focus on battles,

The first battle is pretty good check, , it hurts the game this only in Japanese
Jan 7, 2015 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
This could be the worst shit I've seen in a while.
Jan 7, 2015 9:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well yes, the animation was great and the story looked nice but the first half was boring as f. (but the battle was nice.)

was ok for a first episode.

i'll continu for now but idk...
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2015 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
the graphic are nice and the animation is good too.

never play the game but nice first episode.

Jan 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
amoex said:
TripleSRank said:

Moe doesn't automatically equate to a non-serious or bad story. You've seen Tokyo Magnitude 8.0; it had moe character designs and still had a serious storyline.

Except Tokyo 8.0 is not close to what moe anime actually is... that anime didn't ring any "moe" when I watch it. Japanese won't go as far as merging disaster and moe into anime, they just don't mix.

Sure it was. You need only glance at the characters to be able to tell.

Do you care to define "moe anime"? You seem to be using your own definition.
Jan 7, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
^ But nobody would call any of the Tokyo 8.0 characters their "waifu".
Jan 7, 2015 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
I will be honest, I haven't played the game and don't intend to. I only watch this anime so that I can enjoy Kantai collection doujinshi more.
Jan 7, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
vodall said:
TripleSRank said:
People need to get over hating on negative opinions just because they're negative. I believe that's the actual complaint here- the fans don't want to hear criticism.

Fans have little expectations solely because they just want to see the thing they like animated. This adaptation isn't atrocious enough to warrant the fans' disgust, I suppose. The Persona and Danganronpa adaptations' reception prove that this can happen.

I don't mind if the fans are happy about getting an adaption. I do mind when they call others out for expecting the story (plot/characters/etc.) to be decent.

mayukachan said:
^ But nobody would call any of the Tokyo 8.0 characters their "waifu".

I didn't know waifu material was a necessity. Lol.

Moe can only definitively point to the art style; the broader definition could be applied to nearly anything.
Jan 7, 2015 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
Hoppy said:
FireKiller87 said:
This is an anime for the Kancolle admirals. This should have been obvious from the beginning to EVERYONE.

If you aren't a player, please jump ship now. Seriously, I will bet that if you haven't so much as looked at the actual game, all the random lines and little nods flew right over your head.

This is also a new trend that's occurring where anime are made to cater almost if not exclusively to those who know the series prior to airing (often to sell the original source mediums), with Girlfriend (Kari), I did have to play the game to enjoy it but I started it the week before airing. Kancolle does not require you to play the game as long as you have taken the alternative routes and read either or both the novels and manga. Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls requires you to either 1. Played the game 2. Have listened to the 30 image/drama CDs 3. Read 1 or more of the 8 manga in circulation.

My first encounter with the trend was with Fantasista Doll and it didn't end well for my impressions of it once I found out.

To be honest, since all the manga and doujinshi and all that stuff has been coming out for quite some time, I think this should have been obvious to everyone as well, even though the game and additional materials have been hugely popular in Japan for a while now.
I still think playing the game is the best way, since you don't see everyone in some of the doujins and don't necessarily get all the little nods. Though I suspect that the anime will continue to show a majority of the more popular/well known shipgirls...
Jan 7, 2015 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
I was kind of hoping that they would represent the ships like Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova. I have no problem with them being cutesy girls, but having the ships strapped to them as outfits is kind of a bummer for me. Having the actual ships would be way more epic.
Jan 7, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2011
This has been a great 1st epd. I also hope they dont focus too much on Fubuki
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 7, 2015 10:26 PM

Apr 2010
HungLikeaZombie said:
This has been a great 1st epd. I also hope they dont focus too much on Fubuki
They will
Jan 7, 2015 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
TripleSRank said:

Lol, what criticism, Most of it are just calling it shit or worst without a proper reason other than "preference".

TripleSRank said:
I don't mind if the fans are happy about getting an adaption. I do mind when they call others out for expecting the story (plot/characters/etc.) to be decent.

Well, I do mind the needlessly high clueless Expectation. Did they see the key visuals? Did they go wikipedia it? Did they actually read synopsis released by the official website? Did they try to refer to a similar anime (Strike Witches for example). NOPE, They came in BLIND, to be disappointed by their own ignorant expectation.

vodall said:
A lot of people want to watch a quality series and not just one that they enjoy.

Citation needed because Most MAL users doesn't care about quality, what they do care is posting their ego.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 7, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
this was a bit silly, but not necessarily bad. the action scenes were pretty good at least :> and the CGI wasn't too bad either.
Jan 7, 2015 11:01 PM
Sep 2008
sakura ayane paradise
Jan 7, 2015 11:19 PM

Apr 2013
Rayzer said:
Shimakaze not as MC was bad.

Shimakaze is 2fast4them apparently.
Jan 7, 2015 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
now that i see it with subtitles kinda mediocre so far but ye i still like the battles so far so i will watch it
Jan 7, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2010
That was better than what i expected. will see the next episode.
Jan 7, 2015 11:27 PM
Apr 2008
TripleSRank said:

Moe can only definitively point to the art style; the broader definition could be applied to nearly anything.

This here my friend, is where you were wrong.

Moe has out grown its own definition long ago, being moe no longer refer to one's art style. It now also need the setting of the anime and the behavior of the girl for it to be called moe.

Also, your example of "Tokyo Magnitude 8.0" being "moe" is so horribly wrong even in the old definition of moe.
Jan 7, 2015 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, not bad. The animation/visuals were really good, looked really beautiful minus all the CG stuff which just looked weird
Jan 8, 2015 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
A nice first episode, the story doesn't seem to be great but the anime could be entertaining.
Jan 8, 2015 12:22 AM

Aug 2013
Hmmm first episode seemed pretty solid.

Animation was superb. Even the parts that were CGI were definitely comparable to Ars Nova, which had very good CGI.

Transitions between CGI and 2D were nice and fluid, which is good because not only is that pretty rare for an anime to pull that off well, but this show had so many transitions and they pulled it off consistently.

I HATE the main girl so far. Sending some scared rookie who cant even walk straight into a fight with zero experience kind of hampered the epicness of the fight.

I have very limited knowledge of the game so all of this material is pretty fresh.
But from what I've seen fan art wise and such, I really hope we get more of Haruna, Kongou, Shimakaze, Hayashimo, and that Kisaragi girl from this episode. And Wo-Class looked fucking sick in the very beginning.

the OP by AKINO is awesome. Cant wait to here that every week.
Jan 8, 2015 12:27 AM

Oct 2014
Dropped.

Not hating....just not my thing.
Jan 8, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Yeah I can see why many are expecting this to a be bestseller and hit. Cute girls engaged earnestly in some activity be it combat or being school idols with respectable animation quality is pretty much the "Can I have money already?" formula lol.

Oh great. The guy who watches like every show every season yet bitches about every single episode is back...yayyyyyyy.

Inb4 bitching about how every episode of every show sucks and is generic.
Jan 8, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
Enjoyable first episode. The art & animation were really good.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 8, 2015 12:35 AM

Jun 2013
The anime is obviously targeted at those who played the game (2.5 mil TTKs). Obviously not a good anime if you have never played the game. however if you are interested in Strike Witches, Arpeggio you might like this.

Jan 8, 2015 12:40 AM
Mar 2014
kaimax said:
vodall said:
A lot of people want to watch a quality series and not just one that they enjoy.

Citation needed because Most MAL users doesn't care about quality, what they do care is posting their ego.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry if it came off as biased or hostile, I'm just trying to point out that this doesn't seem to try and stand on its own-- it's more or less an extension of the mobile game. For fans, that's welcome. For others, it's not.
Jan 8, 2015 12:46 AM

Nov 2012
FireKiller87 said:
SHIGURE SPOTTED. MORE BEST DESTROYERS PLS.

Please tell me where you've found Shigure. I can't find the best DD so far.
Jan 8, 2015 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
FUCK YOU!!!!

SHOW MOAR SHIMAKAZE!!!!

SHIMAKAZE BEST SHIP!!!
Jan 8, 2015 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
Great first episode! Nice to see all of the girls actually moving and having conversations. They adapted the game quite nicely, and the battles are suitibly epic. The art and animation is also phenomenal, so it has that going for it as well.

Still waiting for Amatsukaze to appear because best girl needs to be in this at some POInt.

Also, Yuudachi wasn't one of my favorite girls in game, but I quite like her in this. She's a lot more adorable than I thought she was!
Jan 8, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
Felt like I'm watching Strike Witches all over again but with a Naval Assault instead of Dogfight in the air.

Pretty simple plot, with good battles and animation. Though IDK about the Moe elements in here that kind of downgraded the series for is intense and suspense moments. But I will get used to it since I watched Strike Witches before with the same elements.

Damn, I really like the art designs for the Abyssmal factions. Their art designs looked badass. But eh, not a bad start, I hope things can get better in later episodes.

Jan 8, 2015 12:57 AM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
Never actually played the game but man, the amount of doujinshis I've read.

Barely no Shimakaze....

NO Tenryuu X Tatsuta...

No Suzuaya....

Atago barely said anything.....

UGH...I'm DYING!!!

Shimakaze will save anime tho....I BELIEVE!
Jan 8, 2015 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Zuihou said:
FireKiller87 said:
SHIGURE SPOTTED. MORE BEST DESTROYERS PLS.

Please tell me where you've found Shigure. I can't find the best DD so far.

Bath scene, she's in there with Shiratsuyu and Murasame.
Jan 8, 2015 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
Meh.

The character designs are cute though.
Jan 8, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2014
MORE SCENE FOR KITAKAMI x OOI PLEASE ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 2:19 AM
Sep 2013
Eh, it was alright. Kinda cliche.
Jan 8, 2015 2:30 AM

Dec 2014
It seems like this show will have a lot of problem. The only thing that I like is the character design and the fact that its not harem/ecchi.
Jan 8, 2015 3:03 AM
Sep 2013
OMG. 6 Sakura Ayane. what surprise me is Nagato, cant believe she voiced her too.

probably gonna drop it, or do a marathon when this finishedm, or watch it because of sakura ayane. i dont really see any story behind it, and combination between moe-girls and war thing doesnt fit well for me.

but opinion does change, i wonder what will i say when this finished.
Jan 8, 2015 3:10 AM
Jan 2015
Isn't this show some kind of pseudo-harem where you act as commander/player(yes, you).

Haven't played the game but went through kantcolle wikia and i saw that you can get married to a ship and it looks like the commender favors fubuki sooo.....
Jan 8, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
Episode 1 was pretty good, cgi didn't bother me considering the previous like anime that had worse fps , Aoki Hagane. And for some reason it reminds of this really really old cartoon called Centurions, especially when the girls get "equipped"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIajdXHRmJ4
Looking forward to next episode oh and....NEED MORE SHIMIKAZE!!!
Jan 8, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2013
private_eye said:
Isn't this show some kind of pseudo-harem where you act as commander/player(yes, you).

Haven't played the game but went through kantcolle wikia and i saw that you can get married to a ship and it looks like the commender favors fubuki sooo.....

Lol.. because fubuki is our MC ofcourse the TTK will favor her and give her some love. Not sure about the harem though, it depends on the TTK i guess?
tsushimaJan 8, 2015 3:29 AM
OSOI!
Jan 8, 2015 4:03 AM

May 2010
amoex said:
Well when you've watch anime for too long you basically can watch anything.

Also people who expected a serious story in a moe anime is retarded, yes I really mean it.
Girls using destructive weapons to fight against a threat to humanity not serious?
Jan 8, 2015 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
naki12 said:
amoex said:
Well when you've watch anime for too long you basically can watch anything.

Also people who expected a serious story in a moe anime is retarded, yes I really mean it.
Girls using destructive weapons to fight against a threat to humanity not serious?

Were Strike Witches and Vividred serious

the answer is subjective, but I'd say no
Jan 8, 2015 4:20 AM

Jun 2014
This was pretty bad. I suppose that this is targeted to a very certaqin demographic. I'll watch the second episode and see if it gets better.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.