Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 15, 2014 4:43 AM

Dec 2013
Shigatsu always delivers. Thank you for that.

I think everything I want to talk about in this episode has already been covered by every other person that posted before me in the past 9 pages. So yeah. This episodes just awesome. Thats about it.

Oh but the ending, man its gonna be freakin awesome. They are setting it up for some serious competition. I'm sooo psyched to hear that cool hairdo guy and that super pretty girl (who seems super serious) to go against Kousei. That song she was practising... man its a good song. Want to learn that too now...

Anyways, 5/5 for sure. Can't wait to see whats next.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Nov 15, 2014 5:16 AM
Mar 2014
Kousei x Tsubaki, but that rivalry .. Seems Kousei has some enemies
Nov 15, 2014 5:20 AM

Apr 2013
The official release of the OP (Hikaru Nara) by Goose house has finally arrived. I'm posting this in here as well because it is that good. I love the music video. It definitely screams Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso with all the different musicians and singers. I had no clue that there were so many people in Goose house.

EDIT: They took down the full music video version. I'll just leave the full song for now until Sony officially releases the music video.
dankzelNov 15, 2014 6:22 AM
Nov 15, 2014 6:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Amazing, i love it! It already has so many cover versions on Youtube. it's definitely popular.
Nov 15, 2014 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
the emotions in this anime are stupid.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 15, 2014 8:12 AM

Jan 2014
Hulmy-chan said:
LonelyWizard said:
You saw the moment she hurt her leg when she was playing baseball right?Watch anime more carefully before criticizing it without thinking please...

So that explains why the ice was on her foot, right? Read posts on MAL more carefully before replying please...
Wtf are you even talking about?Are you drunk?It was on her foot because she hurt it?I am unable to understand how you cant understand...
Nov 15, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
Loved this episode :) I understand how Tsubaki feels, but I'm still a fan of Kaori x Kousei hehehe.
And finally, the rivals of Kousei show up. Looking forward to the next episode :D
Nov 15, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
type-beta said:
So, Kaori goes behind Tsubaki's back. Wasn't expecting any less from such a self-centric character. I hope they start hating and fighting each other with possibly Tsubaki being victorious. Kaori is just too surreal. She plays in competitions, without any concern for rules or boundaries. She forces people, bending them to her own will. She guilt trap the poor MC whenever possible. And she spouts mighty nonsense the rest of the time.

I have a very good theory as to why Kaori acts like all that: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1306727
Nov 15, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode when it's serious. Some nice moments. I liked when Kaori admitted what she was doing was wrong.
Nov 15, 2014 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
This anime is so goddamn boring. Exploitative and unconvincing melodrama + random shonen-esque cliches and pseudopsychology = nope. kousei's selective deafness would be really interesting if the focus was actually psychological but they're just playing it for feels and drama, so it feels wholly implausible; they could've at least come up with something more believable. even "kousei is deaf because his mom beat him into deafness" would've been more believable, lol.

anyway an anime like this typically needs good execution in the form of strong characterization and believable drama to cancel out the lack of originality but it doesn't have either, imo. i guess i can see why people like this but personally i'm not feeling it.

the reason i'm still watching this anime is because they played saint-saens and fuck yeah saint-saens. they even played my second favorite piece by him which was awesome. so i'll keep watching and hopefully the anime irons out some of these issues and lets the good music carry it the rest of the way.
Nov 15, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Tsubaki is sad because her best friend is now getting along well with the girl that SHE introduced.
Nov 15, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is pretty hollow now. Kaori's confession/crying seemed contrived and was too little too late. At that, Kousei had a positive reaction to what was essentially abuse, with the anime framing it (and continuing to frame it) as though it were okay or even a good thing. Had Kousei's reaction been more believable, and had that apology come an episode or two earlier, it would have been a great deal better for WSoD.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind melodrama if it's believable/justified. Kousei's personality and past provided the justification on his part, but he lost believability thanks to his unnatural change in character. Kaori doesn't have any good justification for her antics so far. So when you throw in the typical childhood friend romance with Tsubaki (which is probably the only well-executed part of the plot at this point) there isn't much substance left.

The rivals will probably make or break the show at this point.

Edit Reason: The all-important wording.
TripleSRankNov 16, 2014 6:40 AM
Nov 15, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2014
Can't wait for next ep! We will see 2 new characters!!
Nov 15, 2014 7:57 PM
Jan 2014
shirozuki said:

They are not. it's probably you.
Nov 15, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
PrinceTY said:
shirozuki said:

They are not. it's probably you.

shots fired
Nov 15, 2014 9:17 PM
Jan 2011
This anime is totally all over the place, the focus is off. One moment it's about music, then it's a bunch of school kids love drama. There's no central focus at all, also the blond bitch needs to stop attention seeking, she makes me sick. I started watching this anime for the music, but so far the musical plot hasn't advanced at all, Arima is still emo and not improving his piano much, meanwhile we've seen 3 episodes of pointless love drama.
Nov 15, 2014 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
eien_kiseki said:
This anime is totally all over the place, the focus is off. One moment it's about music, then it's a bunch of school kids love drama.

Because you can't have both in real life ?
Nov 15, 2014 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
eien_kiseki said:
I started watching this anime for the music, but so far the musical plot hasn't advanced at all, Arima is still emo and not improving his piano much, meanwhile we've seen 3 episodes of pointless love drama.

Patience, my friend. Patience. It's only six episodes in (which is only less than one third of this show.) It feels longer because you've been watching only one episode for six weeks.
Nov 15, 2014 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
eien_kiseki said:
I started watching this anime for the music, but so far the musical plot hasn't advanced at all, Arima is still emo and not improving his piano much, meanwhile we've seen 3 episodes of pointless love drama.

Patience, my friend. Patience. It's only six episodes in (which is only less than one third of this show.) It feels longer because you've been watching only one episode for six weeks.

Hmm... Personally, I don't think "the musical plot hasn't advanced at all".
At the beginning, Kousei could barely play the piano, and now, he's preparing for an important Piano Competition... If I could be as fast as him, I'd be a really happy guy.
Nov 15, 2014 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
-Skyleo- said:
mayukachan said:

At the beginning, Kousei could barely play the piano, and now, he's preparing for an important Piano Competition... If I could be as fast as him, I'd be a really happy guy.
So far anime was really good(would be my fav. this season without UBW),music and character developments were interesting...I just hope they wont ruin it after shounen manga arch enemies' appearance...
LoneWizzyNov 15, 2014 10:59 PM
Nov 15, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2012
-Skyleo- said:
mayukachan said:

I agree, I think a lot has progressed already. He's already trying to fix his trauma.
Nov 15, 2014 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
I agree, I think a lot has progressed already. He's already trying to fix his trauma.

Yeah, exactly. Without forgetting he stopped playing piano for 2 years.
And playing the piano is not like riding a bike.
Nov 15, 2014 10:52 PM

Oct 2007
eien_kiseki said:
This anime is totally all over the place, the focus is off. One moment it's about music, then it's a bunch of school kids love drama. There's no central focus at all, also the blond bitch needs to stop attention seeking, she makes me sick. I started watching this anime for the music, but so far the musical plot hasn't advanced at all, Arima is still emo and not improving his piano much, meanwhile we've seen 3 episodes of pointless love drama.

It's not really all over the place at all, it's just overwrought. There's a fairly noticeable difference where one is a matter of raw narrative and the other a matter of style and execution.
Nov 16, 2014 12:04 AM

Dec 2010
This was the equivalent of a training episode in your more fighting based Shonen series. But I liked this one. It gave a lot of development for Tsubaki, which is good! When characters start feeling relateable, that's when you know the writer is doing a good job.

This show is just gorgeous in nearly every way. Still loving it!
Nov 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
Lovely episode, a bit more romance in this one and it hits me in a good way :D Arima is gonna get his butt kicked by tough competition if he doesn't lift his game :P
Nov 16, 2014 1:41 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode as always,
Love triangle is on :)
I really like how they choose to end this episode.

look like next week new characters appear
and they look like a male version of Kaori and female version of Kousei.

Snoopy ~~
Nov 16, 2014 1:43 AM

Jan 2014
That poor Senpai,tho... :( are they supposed to be dating?
Nov 17, 2014 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Too strong the final, the tears came down! T_T
Episode that begins to route the protagonist on the way back and the music, and of course their opponents out there, what a surprise.
Designs are great as before and the same can be said for the sets really very beautiful.
I really enjoyed this interlude between Tsubaki and Kousei, before the imminent start of the music contest.
I look forward to the next episode! : D
Nov 17, 2014 5:55 AM

Jun 2014
GO CHILDHOOD FRIEND GO!
Nov 17, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
The last scene with Kousei's rivals are definitely interesting. I'm looking forward to see what that turns out to be.

Personally I think this is my most hyped show this season e.e
Nov 18, 2014 5:43 AM

Jun 2013
Man, Yuki Kaji and Saori Hayami in the end was top-notch. Let the battle royale of pianists begin!
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Nov 18, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2014
so hurts!
Nov 18, 2014 8:00 AM
Aug 2014
Tsubaki x Kousei <3
Nov 18, 2014 8:03 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Aww Tsubaki ;_; best girl!

For next episode, I'm guessing Kousei's rivals are gonna give him shit, then proceed to destroy him in the competition as well which is gonna bum him out. Either way we're gonna be getting some more good music. And Kousei's Chopin this episode hahaha, definitely not that easy without being able to hear it.
Nov 18, 2014 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Many cringe worthy lines as usual but as predicted Tsubaki's feeling jealous. That piggyback scene was beautiful though and toppled any Kaori x Arima moments so far.

Oh well at least it seems we (finally) will have some real music soon although very typical of shounen to show enemies/rivals acting smug and said something along the line of "I'll defeat you".
Nov 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2008
Childhood friends never win anyway.

And yaiy rivals :3 Looking forward to the performance.
Nov 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Oct 2014
Jealousy already? Things are warming up X)

Really can't decide whether Tsubaki or Kaori suits him better; they both seem to understand a different side of him better than the other...
Nov 20, 2014 7:31 PM

Feb 2014
hype for next ep leggo

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 24, 2014 4:11 AM

Feb 2008
What the actual fuck this episode. With each episode, the writing is so incredibly good that it sucks me in and I feel that I could experience what the characters are feeling. It reminds me of ef, but done better and less forced. It accomplishes what Sakamichi no Apollon tried to do. Although it's way too early to be singing high praises, it this keeps up and no train wrecks it might be one of the best anime I've watched.

I really hate love triangles but anime like these remind me that they can be done well. Tsubaki is an amazing character.

"Who cares about music? ... We have all the time that we've spent together."

This is probably the best line of the anime so far.

(Rotating Signature | Member Cards are fun~)

[Notes on Signature]124 - 172 KB, Width: 140px

Nov 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
Sometimes I really ship Tsubaki and Kousei, since the childhood friend most times lose in animes and mangas...they are really cute together, but I also think that Tsubaki's senpai is realy a nice guy, let's see what will happen...
Dec 11, 2014 5:20 PM
Aug 2013
Loved this episode. I can't get over this anime's romantic lines. From the way Kousei expresses himself of Kaori, to the way Tsubaki expresses herself about Kousei. Its so beautiful. You rarely get anime with that kind of dialogue.
Dec 12, 2014 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
Oh there goes the jelly! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 19, 2014 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
I understand how you feel Tsubaki ;_; Don't cry ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2014
Another great episode! I like the music room and piggyback scene and I think I could learn a lot from their lines. Still not sure who to root for, well I guess it's too early so let's see what happens next.
Looking forward to these rivalries.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 30, 2014 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
It pisses me off so hard that Tsubaki won't have a chance with Kousei just because of Kaori... She's so much better than Kaori. Well at least Kaori finally realized what she has done forcing Kousei to do all those things(even if he doesn't mind).
Jan 2, 2015 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
deanzel said:
Tsubaki-chan... Poor girl is suffering from classic childhood friend syndrome.

For real, she needs to get a grip.
Jan 3, 2015 10:51 AM

Oct 2012
Nice triangle, another great episode, kinda nostalgic in a way.

I have to say I kinda feel for Tsubaki as he is taken away from her. On the other hand, I like both girls and those everpresent emotions that are taking all of them are almost perfect. This series kinda reminds me of Whisper of the Heart in a way.

Can't wait to see what other competitors are up to.. will love polygon grow even further with more characters?
Jan 7, 2015 10:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The Land of Childhood Friendzones"

Tsubaki loves Kousei, they've known each other for years. Then this Kaori girl shows up and gets Kousei all fired up. Well it's sad to see Tsubaki in such a depressed state, but Kaori knows how Kousei feels. All this time Kousei only viewed the world as one color, and Tsubaki brought color to Kousei's world. Indeed those two make a good pair up.

The team lost, she sprained her foot, can't stand seeing Kousei with Kaori. Bittersweet episode.

It looks like things are getting fired up. That dude with spiked up hair from the OP makes his debut along with the girl, very briefly.

Jan 7, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Toddler Tsubaki and todler Kousei were too cute.

chakracat said:
In the end she's just a little immature.

No shit. They all are, they're 14!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 30, 2015 4:31 AM

May 2013
And the bad guys appear
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.