Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 9, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
The arrow shot by Tigre that killed the assassin was done way better in the manga.
Speaking of which seems that the anime is changing course from the Light Novel here since some parts where left out.
And i guess that wanted more drama.
Nov 9, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode..... And this series isnt anything groundbreaking but it knows what it is and does what its supposed to do :)
Nov 9, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2007
A little too fast ...
But in same time, i loved the arrow shot ... O_O
Which chapter from the manga is this fight ?
I have only to the 18 ...
In RAW ?
Nov 9, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode overall and we see a fight between war maidens although didn't last as long as I would have liked all in all good episode.
Nov 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
Well. Okay. Roland seems chill btw.
Nov 9, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
That shot with which Tigre killed Roland's horse was stupid. That had nothing to do with bow skills, but more knowing where the enemy will go, and lots and lots of luck that he did follow the imaginary line exactly. If he would have been just a bit slower/faster or went only afew cm to the left/right, the shot would have missed.

Why doesn't Tigre simply shoot Thernadier right now? It's not like he has to aim or anything, his bow works like Gae Bolg in Fate/stay: The moment he releases it, there is no way to avoid getting hit.
Nov 9, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
NwAurion said:
That shot with which Tigre killed Roland's horse was stupid. That had nothing to do with bow skills, but more knowing where the enemy will go, and lots and lots of luck that he did follow the imaginary line exactly. If he would have been just a bit slower/faster or went only afew cm to the left/right, the shot would have missed.

Why doesn't Tigre simply shoot Thernadier right now? It's not like he has to aim or anything, his bow works like Gae Bolg in Fate/stay: The moment he releases it, there is no way to avoid getting hit.
Maybe his arrows has heat-seeking?
Nov 9, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
So, I'm just going to say, this is possibly my personal favorite of the season. Are their issues? Yeah, maybe. I most likely would see them more if I was familiar with the source material, but I have enough other things to do (such as Dragon Age next week) that I can wait and not have to compare the two. That said... this combines several things that I love and, IMO, does it well. You have both the harem, kinda rom-com moments, and then it leads into the action and middle ages fantasy combat.
Is it abrupt? Yes, this episode being the most. But I don't think it was a bad thing... well, not too bad. Having not read the LN, maybe my bar is set too low. But everything seemed to flow well enough that I was never lost for long at least (learning the king was bed ridden made it clear that one of the Dukes is working with the Regent or Minister[that guy talking about treason] and thats how Roland was sent and that whole thing).
Their actions and reactions all seem to make a certain amount of sense with the mind set of the times. I've seen people complain about how he's her captive, she didn't kill him, etc, etc(sorry if this isn't within episode, I've been behind and just caught up so my thoughts are just going here). I don't know how much or what has been discussed on here, but if I should elaborate, just say so.
I think in the end they do blend the genres well, and both aspects get pretty even screen time. Are they skipping some things? Sure. Can everything be 1:1 scale? I don't expect it to. In series that I have previously read the source material on, I do hope for that, and get disappointed, and I don't know how much they skip, but I try not to let that ruin my experience.

TL;DR
I haven't read the source material. Still my favorite of the season, though it does have flaws. I haven't felt lost, though a very little whiplash in latest episode. Gets the point across and I'll compare it after it is over.
Nov 9, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Holy mother of cowtits
Nov 9, 2014 9:03 PM
Nov 2014
"Are you injured?"

"I've been hit in the head with two watermelons. What do you think?"
Nov 9, 2014 11:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LonelyWizard said:
NwAurion said:

Maybe his arrows has heat-seeking?

To be fair, the title Madan means "Demon arrow". His archery skills are Heroic Spirit-level.

This series was always riding on the heroic epic theme so it's not surprising you have god-like heroic skills.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 10, 2014 2:26 AM

Jul 2012
Tigre got cut deep across his chest. Roland is no joke on the battlefield.

Great episode!!!
Nov 10, 2014 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The Satelight, is not doing a good job in recent episodes, drawings and animations are ups and downs, but not just now.
The story does not seem so flat, not only involving as it should, the plot seems a little too obvious.
Oh well!
The episode could improve if the battle had been brought forward a little more, too fast clash.
Let's see if the anime is taken up in the next episode.
Nov 10, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
I'm hating the fact that all the world building elements and even the little things got cut out in this adaptation. Was it really so hard to add a line from Ludmila telling Tigre that if he ever got tired of Ellen, he would always be welcome to work for her? Seriously, that line could have taken over the pee-wee line any day of the week! We're suppose to be left with the impression that not only does Ludmila recognize Tigre's skills, but that she also wants his companionship as well!

Then the fact that they didn't explain the Ley Adimos cooldown properly (hence the reason neither Senki reacted when the assassin was charging over at them) just made that whole scene unbelievably stupid.

Then the narrator never really explained that Roland who answered only to the King, was ordered by the manipulative Thernadier, working behind the scenes in place of the sickly King, to deal with Tigre. The way they ended up having Sofya explain things just made the scene seem like it really WAS an order from the King, with no foreshadowing at all of the political maneuvering that was being done (and hence a good load of the story element) behind the scenes.

Then Tigres resolve to save his homeland, whilst creating a third force to stand up against the other two in Bruine was poorly shown. His outburst at the war council made him seem like some immature, angry kid who'd been backed into a corner.

Sigh... I love this story to bits, but I hate how they're butchering it in the anime... makes me so damn sad...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 10, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2012
Some parts felt so rushed, I was like ugh what is happening?!? That fanservice, Ellen definitely did not like that haha. After reading some comments above, some confusing things start to make sense -.-
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 10, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
dam we got a bad ass over here
another pretty good episode
Looking forward to the loli maiden XD
[/quote]
Nov 10, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
bloodiemonster said:

Unless they rush even faster than they already are the loli won't appear.

Nov 10, 2014 5:45 PM
Nov 2014
bloodiemonster said:

I bloody well hope not. The series is rushed enough. Fingers crossed for a (better funded) season 2, however.
Nov 10, 2014 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
Rubbish anime worth the boobies only.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2014 7:27 PM

Mar 2010
Lol 3 baths scenes.............

aw noes. Poor Tigre

Wow cant wait to see what she can do.
StardewNov 10, 2014 7:32 PM
Nov 11, 2014 1:09 AM

Jun 2010
Wtf happened? It became shit all of a sudden. Low quality animation plus very rushed pace.
Nov 11, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
cheesewithwhine said:
bloodiemonster said:

I bloody well hope not. The series is rushed enough. Fingers crossed for a (better funded) season 2, however.
wont happen,and they will show that loli,didnt you watch OP?
Nov 11, 2014 5:03 AM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
cheesewithwhine said:

She has no voice actor.

Nov 11, 2014 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
Sofia(highlight of the ep)....not even a little bit......Tigre bending fizik again & roland is pretty powerfull and has a huge badass sword.
Nov 11, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
Newhopes said:
LonelyWizard said:

She has no voice actor.
according to?
Nov 11, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Seiryuu2 said:
It's not a bad episode and not actually a good one, so It's decent. We can totally see the episode is too rushed ;_;
Still going to wait for next one

yeah, almost got bored...
Nov 11, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
Man, just use your dragon power already... It's not like isn't here to be used.

Damnit Tigre, are you a women magnet? It seem like you always ends up with a naked women in your arm/sight.

Shit, if only his arrow was shoot late by a fraction of second, maybe he'd have a noscope headshot, rekt 1on1 m8
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 11, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
Newhopes said:

She has no voice actor.
according to?

Official anime web site.

Olga is the only Vanadis that doesn't even have a cameo in the frist story arc.

Nov 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
The king is the trouble behind all this, this is what happens when dinosaurs with alzheimers are in command.
Sending in your level 99 black knight against your own promising duke? sounds legit.

The fight between the war maidens was so short urghhhhhhhhhhhhh
That horse neck shot was stupid, I love overpowered people but this is ridiculous :(
Nov 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
Newhopes said:
LonelyWizard said:
according to?

Official anime web site.

Olga is the only Vanadis that doesn't even have a cameo in the frist story arc.
ok then...i was expecting to see her since they showed her in the OP(Like Nanatsu did)
Nov 14, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode but a bit rushed. That was some badass archery skill.
Nov 14, 2014 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Ludmila decided to not only end a campaign that she'd spent months fighting, ended an alliance that she deemed necessary and stopped fighting in the middle of her battle against Elen because Tigre happened to be the guy she briefly shared tea with and he killed an assassin that most likely posed no real threat to her? SEEMS LEGIT.

"I'm angry with you and we are now engaged in a battle to the death! Oh, no, an assassin that I could easily kill! He's dead?! Main character, you saved me! That's it, everyone. War's over, we can all go home now. Also, we're ending that alliance."

"But, my lady, why are we ending the battle and breaking the alliance completely out of the blue?"

"BECAUSE REASONS!"
Nov 14, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
TheAshmanCometh said:
Ludmila decided to not only end a campaign that she'd spent months fighting, ended an alliance that she deemed necessary and stopped fighting in the middle of her battle against Elen because Tigre happened to be the guy she briefly shared tea with and he killed an assassin that most likely posed no real threat to her? SEEMS LEGIT.

"I'm angry with you and we are now engaged in a battle to the death! Oh, no, an assassin that I could easily kill! He's dead?! Main character, you saved me! That's it, everyone. War's over, we can all go home now. Also, we're ending that alliance."

"But, my lady, why are we ending the battle and breaking the alliance completely out of the blue?"

"BECAUSE REASONS!"

ERR Ludmira was involved in the war for about a week and was fighting for a alliance with a person she didn't like, in case you hadn't realised from her checking out Tigre she wasn't partially interested in the alliance in the frist place.

Nov 14, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Newhopes said:

ERR Ludmira was involved in the war for about a week and was fighting for a alliance with a person she didn't like, in case you hadn't realised from her checking out Tigre she wasn't partially interested in the alliance in the frist place.

Ah, I misremembered the previous episode, so I'm definitely wrong about the time frame, although, considering that she had to receive orders, move an entire army in conjunction with a separate army and set up a garrison, there's no way she was only involved for a single week. However, as far as the alliance goes, here's a direct quote from Ludmila in episode 5: "House Lourie and House Thenardier have been allies for about 80 years now. That alliance won't be dissolved on my watch."
Nov 14, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode, but Ludmilla vs Elen ended too quickly. Was hoping they would fight till the end of the episode. And who was that random dumbass trying to kill Ludmilla, but got owned pretty quickly by Tigre.

So many time skips and moving from one place to the next in just few minutes. They really should have made this show a 24 episode and follow the story much more carefully and faithfully.

Lol Tigre is so lucky to have the biggest boobs girl in the show to land on top of him XD

I thought Lim was big, but damn Sofy is another level!!

Hehe Elen so jelly!

Damn Roland strong as hell! It just amazes me that freaking bow could be so badass as hell!! Definitely a believer now!

Tigre will survive no matter what!

Can't wait to see Sofya's powers and all!

Next episode is gonna be ace!!
Nov 15, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
TheAshmanCometh said:

"BECAUSE REASONS!"

lel

First half of the episode was boring but the second half was tight. I was left in awe when Tigre shot down Roland's horse.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Feb 2013
Too bad the beginning fight wasn't a bit longer. All the other soldiers were just sitting back watching.

Tigre nailed the black knight's horse in the head! I had a feeling that arrow-in-the-air wasn't a mistake... the guy never misses...
Nov 16, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great, Tigre is branded a traitor and holy crap Sofy!
Nov 19, 2014 7:52 PM

Apr 2013
Kudos to that archery at the end. It's beyond god-like.
Dec 26, 2014 10:06 PM
Feb 2011
Yea that arrow he let loose into the air would not be able to penetrate the horses armor from free fall. Crossbows were invented to penetrate armor and those had to be fired directly at the target. Plus there is no way in hell he could know where the other guy was going to ride his horse besides from someplace behind him. Also there is no way in hell he would know how soon the other was going to start chasing (even a few seconds sooner or later would have missed)

This whole battle could have been stopped if he simply used his bows power to take out the knight but that would make for a boring battle now wouldn't it.... Yet I would have LOVED a more realistic outcome, but it seems NO ONE can ever use there brains.
Jan 14, 2015 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode.
Jan 23, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2012
Dem oppai! Pretty average episode in general though.
Jan 29, 2015 1:52 AM
May 2012
These war maidens really likes going outside naked =_= Sofy is <3, though.
That was awesome, Vorn!!
Dec 2, 2015 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
war there, war here lol I don't know anymore why they're fighting. Who the hell directed this? All I know is that Tigre is one hell of a lucky guy
Mar 15, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
Felt pretty rushed this episode unfortunately.

Ludmila now stays neutral to the war which is really good. Tigre is such a lucky guy, now Sofy felt naked into him when she tried to catch Elens dragon. Elen on the other side was extremely jealous it seems :D

Tigre now is a traitor? wtf

I didn't expect Roland to be that strong. If the fight had last a little bit longer I don't know what would had happened to Elen without her using her full power. Tigre made a super shot but at a high cost.

And Sofy at the end begann to show that she doesn't only look good. Looking forward what will happen next.

Apr 13, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
Ridiculously huge boobs is a minus point. Whats important is the shape, not size.

Only action and the fan service saved this show.

That was the bad ass shot got from Tigre.

2.8/5
Apr 25, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
Another rushed episode, the fighting scenes are really rather meh.
Feb 11, 2022 5:46 PM

May 2008
Politics and exposition, yawn
Feb 23, 2022 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
Again, those assassins are idiots. Why attack a target when they are surrounded by their army? lol

Now that he's landless. This is no longer a civil war. He's now a rebel fighting for his claim on Alsace. I think the king has been ousted at this point, or turned into a figurehead.

Durandal is a badass looking sword.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.