Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 2014
StefanMZ said:

Even Kirito's mechatronics skills are OP...

Dat ending pic doe...

Guys at FIRST FRC competition can do quite the same
Nov 1, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2011
CALIBER ARC END

That was hella enjoyable, loved this adaptation.
Now everything goes downhill from here.
Nov 2, 2014 12:09 AM

May 2013
So finally, this mini-arc is now finished huh? Poor Klein tho, I salute you!

Well, I didn't read the novel but when will Sinon notice that Kirito has Asuna? I think I've read it somewhere and I don't know if it was revealed in this arc or something. But its obvious that she's flirting him so go to the flow, Kirito :3
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 2, 2014 12:50 AM

Oct 2013
Okay I was wondering why it was Excaliber and not Excalibur.
Nov 2, 2014 1:02 AM

Aug 2014
SweetCoconut said:
So finally, this mini-arc is now finished huh? Poor Klein tho, I salute you!

Well, I didn't read the novel but when will Sinon notice that Kirito has Asuna? I think I've read it somewhere and I don't know if it was revealed in this arc or something. But its obvious that she's flirting him so go to the flow, Kirito :3

Actually she knows, in the LN it's emphasized she did on purpose in front of everyone else to get them pissed off at Kirito for the lulz.
NihonFalcom said:
CALIBER ARC END

That was hella enjoyable, loved this adaptation.
Now everything goes downhill from here.

Pls.
Second best arc coming up next.
Nov 2, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
The next is MR arc, which contains a lot of Asuna.

It's about time i drop this show.
Nov 2, 2014 1:26 AM
Feb 2013
Initially thought "dat ass" when Freyja sorta 'bulked up' during transformation---it -was- for a split second, though, so I couldn't see the muscles at first, rofl.

All that gold color is monotonous, especially for Mjolnir. Kinda wished they'd make it fancier; some inscriptions, markings...the works. Same w/Excalibur. I'm well aware of its introduction back in S1, as shown via flashback, still...the make of it's quite...boring. =T

Who said women clad in full don't look sexy? Plot and Justice have no say in this---Skuld was hot. And...Klein...your balls have guts, yo.

Lastly, what's up with Asuna and Kirito's relationship? Lol. He just goes off and groups her with Lisbeth as 'friends'. Aren't they, like, married...technically (in-game, yes, but what of their public rendezvous succeeding the S1 fallout)?

P.S.Kirito sounded so...unmanly with his pull attempt. Sorry, not sorry.
Nov 2, 2014 1:28 AM

May 2011
Meh, i wasn't enthused about how they turned Klein into a walking punchline representation of 2d loving Otaku.

I mean the Freyja being Thor thing was a bit funny. Not original. It's pretty much a bastardized version of a popular Norse story.

But still, instead of having ALL the girls that Kirito meets chasing him. I'd rather one of them start liking other people. I would have liked to see more Lizbeth x Klein. Cause her teasing nature and his silliness would be a good compatible pair.

Now you got Klein chasing after a NPC character he happened to see?! how stupid is that.

The cheesy angry harem stare after Sinon's heart comments was eye-rolling-ly cliched too.
Nov 2, 2014 1:30 AM
Dec 2013
so on to the next arc
Nov 2, 2014 1:38 AM
Feb 2013
Cirris said:
I'd rather one of them start liking other people. I would have liked to see more Lizbeth x Klein. Cause her teasing nature and his silliness would be a good compatible pair.

This, please. I actually favor Lisbeth much more than all the other females, but with Klein as a potential ship? Thought nothing of it, haha. I don't mind that at all. I'd like to see how that goes down.

Speaking of 'down'...down with the harem already.
Nov 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, I can see this show is not catching up. Maybe not the studio's fault but the story itself.

Lots of potentials wasted starting from the very first arc from season 1.

Nov 2, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2010
For ya'll hating on this mini-arc, your gonna need this break, because if I recall correctly MR gets quite depressing.

Bro Klein needs to get a break, because this harem thing is getting stupid.
Nov 2, 2014 1:37 AM

Sep 2008
All other things aside, they've been pretty good at whole "MMORPG world" thing.

And all I can think of is...who the hell stands in front of a raid boss while he's charging his super attack?
Nov 2, 2014 1:51 AM

Aug 2014
Cirris said:
Meh, i wasn't enthused about how they turned Klein into a walking punchline representation of 2d loving Otaku.

I mean the Freyja being Thor thing was a bit funny. Not original. It's pretty much a bastardized version of a popular Norse story.

But still, instead of having ALL the girls that Kirito meets chasing him. I'd rather one of them start liking other people. I would have liked to see more Lizbeth x Klein. Cause her teasing nature and his silliness would be a good compatible pair.

Now you got Klein chasing after a NPC character he happened to see?! how stupid is that.

The cheesy angry harem stare after Sinon's heart comments was eye-rolling-ly cliched too.

So you want Klein to end up being taken into custody for dating a minor when he's an adult?
Nov 2, 2014 2:33 AM
Sep 2013
darkreaver94 said:
That was quite pathetic to be honest. So now we have Thor disguised as Freyja because the story said so just so that we can see Kirito and his group defeating the frost giant.

So what is the point of this arc? To tell us that Kirito is the first one to have the legendary Excaliber?

Dunno how this called as pathetic.. It's not just because the story said so, the legend said so. Probably you want to see Kirito and his harem gang failed hard in this quest and the map is destroyed? Then go read Caliber SS

r0ykun said:
Enjoyable episode, looks like a new arc will happen next. Am I the only one that loves the OP song? Tomatsu Haruka is a goddess holy fuck

Her voice is so badass, i've been following her for quite long time and this song is probably her best for years

Beast666 said:
The next is MR arc, which contains a lot of Asuna.

It's about time i drop this show.

why? MR is good IMO
Nov 2, 2014 3:13 AM
Aug 2014
Comic Relief Klain got dumped and a boot to the face because he is not Jesus-kun
Nov 2, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
I liked that they brought back the Sword Skills and sword fights. It felt a bit boring, maybe because it was so short, but that's not a problem for me.
Nov 2, 2014 5:06 AM
Aug 2014
This is the end of the ExcalibEr-arc and I'm fearing also the end of KiritoxAsuna... maybe. Also felt sorry for Klein.
Nov 2, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2013
Why did he throw the sword away at first ? o.0 ?
Nov 2, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
Man, this Kirito is an asshole to Klein. Real disrespectful to him kicking him in the face for no damn reason. Ain't he older then him or something? I would not tolerate a prick like that. And what's up with Klein being the jest of the gang? I didn't pay it any mind before until this episode brought it out like it did unnecessarily and it's quite annoying. Episode would of been average if it didn't have what I wrote.
Nov 2, 2014 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed this conclusion and Klein you have my respect! Such a bold man.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Oct 2013
Wow! That samurai guy has got to be the most beta character, ever!
He's so beta, he won't even approach real girl in virtual reality..
Seriously, what the fuck?!
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
radle said:
Man, this Kirito is an asshole to Klein. Real disrespectful to him kicking him in the face for no damn reason. Ain't he older then him or something? I would not tolerate a prick like that. And what's up with Klein being the jest of the gang? I didn't pay it any mind before until this episode brought it out like it did unnecessarily and it's quite annoying. Episode would of been average if it didn't have what I wrote.

Except that if anything this has shown Klein as quite important.

Had he not decided to free Thor/Freiya, they would be royally screwed and by now the whole game would be slowly burning.
Nov 2, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2014
That's it? What a short arc this was. Well, it wasn't bad.
I like Norse mythology, so I enjoyed this a lot. ^____^
Nov 2, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2014
Good end to the arc. Waiting for Mother's Rosario. :3
Nov 2, 2014 6:57 AM

Jan 2014
I forget, why did Kirito threw the Excaliber? :/

Nice episode. It felts so short, like 5 minutes, again...
OST was also great there.
Lol Klein was hilarious this episode. Kirito torturing him for no reason, even tho Klein actually made that quest to be completed lol :D No luck for you, bro, I'm sorry :<
If they could animate Caliber failure SS, that would be awesome also (as OVA or something)
Can't wait for next weak. YUUUKIIIIIIII!!!
TapuTapuuNov 2, 2014 7:01 AM
Nov 2, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:

Lol Klein was hilarious this episode. Kirito torturing him for no reason, even tho Klein actually made that quest to be completed lol :D No luck for you, bro, I'm sorry :<
If they could animate Caliber failure SS, that would be awesome also (as OVA or something)

Too much weight for Tonki (it's a game thing, IIRC, they find it very difficult to pick up.)
Nov 2, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2013
Woohoo new arc. Please no more harem and Kirito x Asuna action or something. Idk where this is going as it is... Sinon.. why??

And poor Klein lol~

5/5 though. And yay for Yui getting a view of the real world xD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Nov 2, 2014 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
shirozuki said:
I enjoyed this conclusion and Klein you have my respect! Such a bold man.

Like Lizbeth said she has respect for him from the bottom of her heart. Klein will never give up. Really wish he would have an arc where he finds someone. Or even a short story that ties into the plot later :P.
Nov 2, 2014 8:43 AM

Mar 2009
Poor Klein, Freyja turned out to be Thor hahaha.... That was hilarious
Pretty short arc. So I guess the next one will be 7 episodes long?
Nov 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
Yawning for the whole episode. Idk why am I still watching this. I won't stay for the third season for sure.
Nov 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
well then that finishes another arc, too bad for Kline that Freya is a trap as Thor, but he did get to have another weapon.
Nov 2, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2014
Freyia was a trap indeed :D. Hope Klein manages to get himself a girlfriend ^^. This arc was pretty fun to watch, looking forward for the next one.
Nov 2, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2011
Zeally said:
well that was the shortest arc ever. Pretty boring at that.

tfw the boss reminds you of ulduar from world of warcraft lmao

That would be hodir, except this one was based on Thorim given how the name sounds like and the whole freyja thing zzzz
Nov 2, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Poor poor Klein xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 2, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
Awhh poor Klein.. Guy can't catch a brake, well at least he got a legendary weapon, too bad he doesn't have any hammer skills:/
---------My Profile------------
Nov 2, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2014
Asuna_Mel_Yuuki said:
midnightblade said:
This was an okay I arc, nothing too special. It was nice to see all of those characters actually do something while they are all together like that..

I'm wondering what the next arc will be like.. There'll only be like half as many episodes to put into the next arc when you compare it to the first arc of this season in length, so I'm pretty curious if its just a shorter arc in the novel, or will it just leave off on a cliffhanger to end the season..
midnightblade said:

DOES she know? We haven't seen Kirito actually tell her in the anime that he is in a relationship with Asuna~

Also Kirito hasn't really been lovey dovey with Asuna in Sinon's presence interestingly enough.

Yes, she does know~

But after she became close friends with Asuna, she decided to push any romantic feelings towards Kazuto to the back of her mind, out of respect for the happy couple.

The only reason why Kirito agreed to her promise, is because he desperately wanted the sword.

Also, Kirito and Asuna are very much in love. Why do you think he never told her about death gun in the first place? He doesn't want her to be in danger, Kirito tends to take things on to himself when it concerns Asuna. Their relationship is very serious, to the point that they cannot live on if one of them dies. They may not act "lovey dovey" in front their friends, but they'll always be together.

Seems like you're butthurt.. Why care about a crap character whos romance with another crap character is also crap
Nov 2, 2014 10:54 AM
Apr 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Too much weight for Tonki (it's a game thing, IIRC, they find it very difficult to pick up.)

Wasn't it because it was too heavy for him to jump carrying it?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 2, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
Well, when I compare these 4: "fighting for survival of many people", "fighting for saving Asuna", "fighting to investigate who is killing people who play GGO" "fighting to make an CPUs happy" the last one is kind of lacking on interest...
Nov 2, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
Sinon showing how she is and always will be best girl, not giving two shits about the other girls being there to flirt with Kirito.

Klein being denied the trap, but getting an awesome hammer Mjolnir and meeting the even cuter Skuld-San.

And now for the arc of many tears, Mother Rosario.
Nov 2, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
Is it me or did this episode feel a little... off in parts. So many awkward silences and seemingly random actions.

Looking forward to the next arc.

Nov 2, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2009
This was actually a good arc, and I kind of wish Sword Art Online was more like this. Poor Klein, though. Dude can never catch a break.
Nov 2, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
I'm really getting pissed at the unnecesary harem building. It's not supposed to be a harem, is it? It's obvious from the first series that Asuna is the girl Kirito wants and that she is the end girl, so why do they have to create those annoying harem situations? I didn't read the novels yet, so I'm not sure about that, but whenever so many girls go for the MC I find it annoying. The battles in that dungeon were all quite silly as well, no tactics just unleashing some skills and then the NPCs finished the job. They make Kirito seem amazing and all, but he didn't really do anything special there. Generally this mini-arc was pretty bad, I'm glad that Klein got that contact info, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a normal love-interest/relationship would it? But no, give em all to Kirito. If they're going to make this into a harem then at least have them interact not just get jealous and "show interest" inbetween some combat.

Blah, at first I loved SAO, but now that I became bitter and lonely I'm starting to hate all of the romance hints between the characters. Perhaps it's just me being critical of normal things.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Nov 2, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
That Kirito x Sinon moment was pretty disgusting. I'm lowering the score for this show everytime a new episode comes out. When the fuck will they stop those 'romance' hints? Geez.
Nov 2, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
What the heck happened to Asuna???
Lately she is just on the sidelines, when Kirito fell in love with her, I felt it was bc she was on par with him, they could fight together, they were partners.
Lately she has been the damsel in distress while Sinon is showing Kirito what she got!
It should have been Asuna to give Kirito the excalibur not Sinon.
Anyway right now I am starting to ship more Sinon and Kirto, thanks to the passive behavior of Asuna.
Kind of frustrating.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 2, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2012
Hopefully MR will save this show.
Nov 2, 2014 2:36 PM
Jul 2013
I liked the ending when Klein called out that Fairy :D
Nov 2, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
So maybe I missed or just plain forgot something but isn't a major feature of the game they're playing the fact that everybody has the ability to fly? wtf happened to everyone's wings?
Nov 2, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
Found this arc to be a little boring but that's just my opinion. I really wonder what's gonna happen next.
Nov 2, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
SimmianPrime said:
So maybe I missed or just plain forgot something but isn't a major feature of the game they're playing the fact that everybody has the ability to fly? wtf happened to everyone's wings?

They can't fly in the underworld because of a reason I do not remember from the lore of the game. It's the reason why Kirito and Leefa were trapped here and had to get Tonki to leave in the first place. It was stated in the anime at the beginning of the arc.

TheGrandSage23 said:
Asuna_Mel_Yuuki said:

Yes, she does know~

But after she became close friends with Asuna, she decided to push any romantic feelings towards Kazuto to the back of her mind, out of respect for the happy couple.

The only reason why Kirito agreed to her promise, is because he desperately wanted the sword.

Also, Kirito and Asuna are very much in love. Why do you think he never told her about death gun in the first place? He doesn't want her to be in danger, Kirito tends to take things on to himself when it concerns Asuna. Their relationship is very serious, to the point that they cannot live on if one of them dies. They may not act "lovey dovey" in front their friends, but they'll always be together.

Seems like you're butthurt.. Why care about a crap character whos romance with another crap character is also crap

Aren't you the one that is actually butthurt that people care about things you don't, lol? He was explaining things and I fail to see where he actually seemed butthurt about anything.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.