Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 1, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2007
I'm now curious of this mention of Slavic myths and the 7 wives that has been mentioned here. When I saw the "Tatra Mountains" being mentioned I immediately thought of Slovakia. If this is actually true then it all makes sense that it is is slavic because of how the map also looks with everybody shoving to the east side of their version of Europe. The houses now actually do look quite Slovakian to me in that traditional manner. Tatra mountains....outskirts into the mountains.....those designs fit nicely with what I'm used to seeing.

Urs, the bear suit, and the Tatra Mountain hunting......Not bad. I'm actually quite enjoying the episode as a whole with Milla & Lim's bath scene, reward, and such. The food teases, love quarreling, and the two-three new BGM's also that played. It felt like a rushed episode so I'm hoping by season's end it teases for a second seasons because what I"m seeing is far too short for 13 episodes.
Nov 1, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
Tigre turns into a pedobear..

Anyway, good episode..
So Tigre will conquer all maiden?
And Tigre's bow can use their power later?
Hope so..
Nov 2, 2014 12:30 AM

May 2013
Elen and Tigre's blush makes me want to wish that they'll end up together ASAP :3
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 2, 2014 1:36 AM

Dec 2013
Is it just me, or are all of the random time-skip narrations ruining any pacing this series might have had at the beginning? It's just jumping from one event to the next with minimal narration to tell you what the event is, it's reminding me of the invasion half of the Chimera Ant Arc in HxH. It ruined that arc for me then, and this isn't doing any better. It needs to stick with a flow, pace itself, and stop trying to jump right into the action ever minute or two.

Because of that annoyance I give this episode 2 out of 5 unnecessary loli bathing scenes.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Nov 2, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
Bath scene is to short! Bearsuit tigre & the fort gate got destroy by one shoot magic arrow~
Nov 2, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2014
Great episode. I really enjoy this up to now :D
Nov 2, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 2014
I really like this anime. Id say tied for my favorite so far for this season.
Tigre is fairly good at deception too.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 2, 2014 6:43 AM

Dec 2013
It's like they don't have a budget to do siege battles...basically all were getting is 10 second battle scene, narrator, MCs for 1 min repeat this episode. Very disappointing.
Nov 2, 2014 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The plot is average, but at least there is little fanservice in the narrative, which focuses on strategies and introspection of the characters.
The designs skim dangerously sufficiency certain vole, I would like to know what he's up to the StudioSatelight.
The animations a little less.
The fights should make them a little more interesting, it would be good for the anime.
However, when you are almost in half the TV series, I can say that the anime you can follow without too many regrets.
Nov 2, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
All the jumping around with the narrator makes the anime feel less immersive, and while the map moments can be cool, using them to skip events really sucks the fun out of the anime.
Nov 2, 2014 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
This show has some interesting ideas but it gets dragged down by the fanservice,harem and how rushed it is.
Nov 2, 2014 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
Urgh, am I the only one having a hard time following the politics of this series? Could someone explain it to me? Not even sure I understand why Elen and Ludmila are even fighting.

All right episode; the scene with "Urs" and Ludmila was the highlight to be certain. I'd probably appreciate it more if I understood the politics better.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 2, 2014 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
Draw

Tigure meets Ludmila on his way to Tarta. She is impressed by his bow skills : )

A trap was set for Tigure party. The battle at Tarta continues next week

Ludmila serves Duke Theranda. Since Vanadis owns/protects Alaces. This makes them enemies
Nov 2, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
Despite the war/battle feeling like it's being rushed a bit, it was still quite interesting overall. It was quite amusing to see Ellen get a bit flustered with Tigre gave his food to Ludmila. Tigre as Urs was pretty amusing as well.

So Ellen vs Ludmila next episode, huh? I look forward to this!
Nov 2, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
Indeed it feels very rushed. Though I'm enjoying the T&A.
Nov 3, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2010
better than the last.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 3, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2013
DejWoSWK said:
This show has some interesting ideas but it gets dragged down by the fanservice,harem and how rushed it is.

The harem and the fanservice are the only things that keep me watching it. The story feels non-existent due to the pace, and the action is barely there, so what else is the point in watching it?
Nov 3, 2014 10:19 AM
Oct 2014
I treat it as a fun/not-brains show and that works so far for me. Biggest shocker was to see Ludmila actually has long hair - that short hairdo was the worst. That and overly gaudy blue attire.
Nov 3, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
Tigre goes to the bathroom and finds a naked Senki, afterwards walking by the mountain meets her again, that's what I call lucky of protagonist
And next episode a battle between Senkis, I want see as will be the adaptation of this part ..
Nov 3, 2014 8:23 PM

Oct 2013
I wonder if Ludmila will give in to her true feelings. Probably eh?
Nov 3, 2014 9:40 PM

May 2010
They sat in front of the fort talking and not a single arrow rained on them.

How realistic.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 4, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 2014
The women in this show have huge tits.
Nov 4, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Them silly full scale war scenes, they should have scrap them entirely.
Can't take this show seriously from now. The only enjoying moment is Urs and Lud convo and those cute nonsense scenes.
Nov 4, 2014 1:01 PM
Nov 2014
Zadion said:
Urgh, am I the only one having a hard time following the politics of this series? Could someone explain it to me? Not even sure I understand why Elen and Ludmila are even fighting.

All right episode; the scene with "Urs" and Ludmila was the highlight to be certain. I'd probably appreciate it more if I understood the politics better.

It's pretty simple. Thenadier (father of the rapist douche) requested that Mila keep Ellen occupied while he destroys Tigre and his land. Mila obliges because her family has long ties with the Thenadier family, even though she despises him personally. She feels conflicted so she opened up to a "stranger".

Ellen and Mila never liked each other - Ellen sees Mila as a spoiled aristocrat who thinks "common" street food is beneath her and Mila sees Ellen as a vulgar, uncivilized mercenary. Both are kind of true, actually. Mila's mother and grandmother were War Maidens, while Ellen was a mercenary before being chosen by the dragon weapon.

I think this is one of the reasons why Tigre and Ellen get along well - both were close to "commoners" and thus cared for the well being of their subjects, unlike the typical medieval feudal lord.
Nov 4, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
I'll try to explain.

There's two Kingdoms Brune Tigres country and Zhcted the country that Ellen and the Vanadis come from, at the start there's a small border skirmish that escalates into the Battle of Dinant where Tigre is captured and Brunes sole prince and heir to the throne is killed.

Due to the heir to the Brune throne been killed it causes large scale civil unrest in Brune that brewed into a large scale civil war between the two most powerful nobles in the country Felix Thenardier and Maximilian Ganelon both have claims to the Brune throne.

Both nobles seeing Tigres lands empty send armys to basically burn it to deny it's use to the other and to give them time if Zhcted decides to take advantage of the chaos and invade. This sets up Tigre asking for Ellens help and results the Battle of Molsheim plains against Zion Thenardier.

After this Tigre starts building an alliance among the other Brune lords to stand up to those powerful nobles.

Felix Thenardier hears about Zion and the dragons been killed sends assassin to kill Tigre and also calls upon a long standing alliance with Ludmila another Vanadis of Zchted she's basically there to deal with or delay Ellen.

Ludmila due to her dislike of Thenardier travels to Ellens territory to met Tigre to judge him due to Ellens interest in him, she comes to the conclusion that he's not worth breaking her ties to Thenardier over, Ludmira and Ellens childish fights probably had little to do with her decision.
NewhopesNov 4, 2014 4:50 PM

Nov 4, 2014 4:56 PM

Dec 2013
Was a bit confused by how they swapped the things around in the first part of the show, but they got their point across, so I'm not complaining too much.

I can't wait till the Assassin gets his arse handed to him! Next episode is gonna be good.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 5, 2014 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
cheesewithwhine said:
It's pretty simple. Thenadier (father of the rapist douche) requested that Mila keep Ellen occupied while he destroys Tigre and his land. Mila obliges because her family has long ties with the Thenadier family, even though she despises him personally. She feels conflicted so she opened up to a "stranger".

Ellen and Mila never liked each other - Ellen sees Mila as a spoiled aristocrat who thinks "common" street food is beneath her and Mila sees Ellen as a vulgar, uncivilized mercenary. Both are kind of true, actually. Mila's mother and grandmother were War Maidens, while Ellen was a mercenary before being chosen by the dragon weapon.

I think this is one of the reasons why Tigre and Ellen get along well - both were close to "commoners" and thus cared for the well being of their subjects, unlike the typical medieval feudal lord.
Newhopes said:
I'll try to explain.

There's two Kingdoms Brune Tigres country and Zhcted the country that Ellen and the Vanadis come from, at the start there's a small border skirmish that escalates into the Battle of Dinant where Tigre is captured and Brunes sole prince and heir to the throne is killed.

Due to the heir to the Brune throne been killed it causes large scale civil unrest in Brune that brewed into a large scale civil war between the two most powerful nobles in the country Felix Thenardier and Maximilian Ganelon both have claims to the Brune throne.

Both nobles seeing Tigres lands empty send armys to basically burn it to deny it's use to the other and to give them time if Zhcted decides to take advantage of the chaos and invade. This sets up Tigre asking for Ellens help and results the Battle of Molsheim plains against Zion Thenardier.

After this Tigre starts building an alliance among the other Brune lords to stand up to those powerful nobles.

Felix Thenardier hears about Zion and the dragons been killed sends assassin to kill Tigre and also calls upon a long standing alliance with Ludmila another Vanadis of Zchted she's basically there to deal with or delay Ellen.

Ludmila due to her dislike of Thenardier travels to Ellens territory to met Tigre to judge him due to Ellens interest in him, she comes to the conclusion that he's not worth breaking her ties to Thenardier over, Ludmira and Ellens childish fights probably had little to do with her decision.

A huge thanks to both of you. Everything is much clearer now indeed.

Damn, the setting to this series is actually really cool... the pacing IS killing it. Maybe I should pick up the light novels.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 5, 2014 10:48 AM
Nov 2014
Zadion said:
cheesewithwhine said:

Newhopes said:
I'll try to explain.

A huge thanks to both of you. Everything is much clearer now indeed.

Damn, the setting to this series is actually really cool... the pacing IS killing it. Maybe I should pick up the light novels.

You really should. There's no way you can pack 5 volumes into 13 episodes without rushing, but hey, $$$$.

I think that most of the legitimate complaints about Lord Marksman can be traced back to budget (rushing, questionable horse animation, etc). Where money is less of a factor, the show does great (music and sound effects in particular). Personally I've never skipped the opening.
Nov 6, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2010
"Not bad, huh?" That was cute.

I liked how he kept his identity hidden. Urs as a really cool name, too.

Epic battle. I wish it had 24 episodes now.
Nov 8, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
Confucius said:
They sat in front of the fort talking and not a single arrow rained on them.

How realistic.

Maybe cos arrows have limited range and they are out of it? as if Mila didn't make it clear enough when she doubted Tigre's ability to shoot so far.
Nov 9, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Ludmila, just turn to their sde already or do you hate Elenora that much?
Nov 9, 2014 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
The battle was good, looks like the fanservice is going to keep getting more and more now :P
Nov 10, 2014 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
Elen's outfit is tops.

So it took 3+ days to find the back way + all the way back + back again. So 2 weeks?
Nov 10, 2014 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
Bouncy Boobs everywhere... Definitely should've watched for the "harem" genre.

and lol that animal skin.
Nov 11, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
I don't understand why Ellen seemed upset to see those defenses. Those kind of spike defenses are made against horses, but they didn't had any, so they were pretty useless.

Poor Ludmila, she dungoofed by trusting that bear. Never trust a bear, he'll backstab you at any moment.

So from what Ludmila say, she isn't really a maiden because she wanted to, but because she was forced too. Also, the most important thing she said is that she was allied with jerks. Maybe they can negociate with her and bring her to their side. If that was the case, they could even use her as a strong surprise attack. Imagine the Thenardier opening the gates for them and being slaughtered by surprise, that would be great.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 14, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode!

I love how Tigre just walked to Ludmila's bath, yet he didn't feel embarrassed or ashamed of mistaking coming in. He knew he had done nothing wrong and he's more surprise by the lack of reaction from Lumdila.

Wish more male characters are like this, instead of freaking out or what.

Story seems a bit faster, Ludmilla is in your side, then in a few minutes your already her enemy and your fighting somewhere in the mountains.

I also can't believed Ludmilla didn't notice Tigre in the outfit. Urs? What an interesting enemy XD

We've got some background from Ludmilla, but not enough tbh.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 26, 2014 7:35 PM
Feb 2011
The main dude has this badass bow but won't use its power to end it quickly... Probably even lower the casualties but doing so. He should have snuck to the main enemy fort and shoot his uber arrow at where they leader would probably be and end it.
Jan 13, 2015 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
Nice episode.
Jan 22, 2015 5:41 PM

May 2012
Nice overall episode, let's see what happens next!
Jan 29, 2015 1:26 AM
May 2012
Ludmila is surprisingly cute :3
Mar 10, 2015 2:09 AM

Aug 2013
Why did they change the order of the assasination and hot spring anyway ?
It doesn't seem better to me. Oh well.. Ludmila is cute.. that's good enough.
Sigh.. the battle is looking more pathetic lol.
Let's see the vanadis' fight.
Nov 26, 2015 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
man how can these war maidens war against each other when they were eating street food together like a day ago lol. I see them as nothing but spoiled brats thinking war is some kind of game. I feel sorry for their soldiers who die in battle because of them. But the large scale wars is the main thing I like in this show so whatever.
Mar 15, 2016 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
The bath scene at the beginning was funny, Elen is pretty insidious :D

It was a good idea with the bear skin, so Tigre was able to find the other way to the fortress. Also interesting to see Ludmilas other side, where she's like a friendly cute girl who can smile.

So another war has begun, Tigres combi attack with Elen was as epic as in the episodes before. Looking forward to see the fight between Elen and Ludmila.

Apr 12, 2016 11:46 PM

Mar 2015
Tigre wearing shorts on the bath was part of censorship.

Looking forward with the battle between Vanadis.
Dont disappoint me Satelight.

3.3/5
Jul 30, 2016 7:08 AM
Apr 2016
Is there an uncensored version of this?
Feb 4, 2018 1:46 PM

Sep 2012
"Shut up and kiss her! Her her you fool!"
Best line in the anime XD
Apr 25, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
The pacing seems really fast, I mean this episode we got three battles basically. Though we didn't see a lot of details of the battles themselves. Also now Lim's love for bears even shows outside of the specials xD
Feb 6, 2022 5:18 PM

May 2008
Nor sure what this whole war is about... because Elen pranked Tiger to walk into Ludmilla's bath?

Wait, the king got mad at Elen for sending a few soldiers to Tiger's aid in Alsace, but he has no problem with too full army battling over a personal slight?
Feb 23, 2022 12:58 PM

Nov 2010
Ludmila is so cute when she ties her hair and hot with long hair.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.