Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Kaori's brief rage is amusing. Great episode overall.

I like how the piano tunes despite being very simple. The classic Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars. I hope Kousei can build up a bit of his confidence soon. Oh and that cat is back too this episode. How cute. I thought the episode portrayed emotions well too. Hope we can learn more about Kaori's past as well as Arima's soon again. The cat is obviously not talking btw. More of his delusions..
Oct 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
That violinist girl is so scary. She forced him to play piano for the kids there. And that Twinkle Little Star is sung in English! Oh, the reason he's famous is because he received lots of awards. Sound disappearing... She "named" him to play together for the duet part.

Despite he's been hiding from her, the childhood girl agrees about it and force him through the music and music sheets all over the place! So that cheerful violinist girl can get worried, too, and showed the tear to ask him to play with her. Catching up with friends' help.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2014 12:35 PM
Aug 2012
Well ... I just can't ... this show only gets better and better ... even thou I read a lot of books I'm at a loss for words ... AOTS.
Oct 23, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 2014
Just wonderful~ I loved it.

I was waiting for Kaori crashing to Kousei after seeing the cat... :(

Anyway, gotta wait for the next one, so excited~

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 23, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
It ended toooooooooooooo early ;/

Awesome like always.
5/5!

This show is on good way to be aots
rsc-plOct 23, 2014 1:04 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 23, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
This is a gem.

and is it just me or are the characters in this show extremely attractive?
Oct 23, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Omg, Kaori's love for sweets.

Kousei playing the piano, even for just a bit. Well, we get to know why he can't/doesn't play...

Haha, all those music sheets that Kaori and Tsubaki put in order to get Kousei to be Kaori's accompanist. That one same music played in school that week.

Well, Kousei finally agreed to be Kaori's accompanist. Can't wait to see the results in the next episode!

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 23, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
Damn it. I only heard few piano piece for this episode. Anyway it can't be helped since they just followed the manga.

That "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that sung by Kaori (Risa Taneda) kinda ruined it for me.

Anyway I look forward to the next episode which about the contest! I wish the music will be awesome!

Mod Edit: Spoiler removed.
rodacOct 23, 2014 3:04 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
ok so no one is mentioning that kaori is going to the hospital ..hmm this makes me worried , don't do this anime !
Oct 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
This series is rocking it :D

What a nice way to get Kousei back to using the piano ^^ All dat persistence XD

Kaori and his interactions are so OTP :3 He's getting promoted quite quickly lol
From Friend A to Substitute to Accompanist :3

DAT friendship at the end was so good XD Don't sweat the small stuff XD Steal all the cycles u need lol

Can't wait to see how he'll overcome his trauma. Nxt ep should be epic!! I can already imagine her music making him overcome the fear >.<!!
Oct 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Kousei is such a little bitch in this episode but at least he barely straps on a pair at the end (even if it is just short lived). I absolutely love the duo of Tsubaki and Kaori. They'll whip any guy into shape whether he likes it or not with only minimal amounts of blood spilled.

It's been great to "hear" the manga animated because it was difficult for me to get a sense of how the musical scenes played out when I was reading the manga like with the "Twinkle twinkle little star" scene in the coffee shop. I already know that the upcoming duet is going to be absolutely epic. I cannot wait to finally experience the beautiful music and vibrant animation all put together in this pivotal scene.
Oct 23, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
MarikGr said:
ok so no one is mentioning that kaori is going to the hospital ..hmm this makes me worried , don't do this anime !

What are you talking about? It has a reason for that will be revealed later on.
Oct 23, 2014 12:44 PM
Feb 2013
I enjoyed this episode though I will note, that it felt a bit more rushed in some parts (the cafe scene) than the manga did. Unlike episodes 1-2, they seemed to take a few more liberties to try to push the amount of content together which makes a bit of sense since they want to cram the entire manga into the anime. It feels like they are trying to get themselves a little bit ahead of things so that they can take their time when the more important parts come around.
Oct 23, 2014 12:44 PM
Sep 2013
Dat friendship he has supportful friends for real and the engrish was really good classic twinkle little star. Seems his world is finally beginning to become colorful.
Oct 23, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
I don't care what anyone says anymore, this is gorgeous. You can't tell me this isn't masterfully directed, the art is spectacular. The story is moving even though many parts are cliche or irritate me.

The flaws in this show, especially character wise, are out and easy to spot, but for some reason the charm outweighs everything. I am loving this

I don't care if it's emotionally manipulative, it's working! Manipulate me!

Oct 23, 2014 12:45 PM
Feb 2013
MarikGr said:

Death flag. There was also another death flag on the roof when she said, "This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever" or something to that effect.
Oct 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2010
I really wish they'd stop being so violent with kousei, it's a little bit irritating. Other than that, good episode as usual. Kaori going to the hospital foreshadowing some kind of illness.
Oct 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Kaori going to hospital = bad sign.

5/5 can't wait for the duet!
Oct 23, 2014 12:47 PM
Feb 2013
brianez said:
I don't care what anyone says anymore, this is gorgeous. You can't tell me this isn't masterfully directed, the art is spectacular. The story is moving even though many parts are cliche or irritate me.

The flaws in this show, especially character wise, are out and easy to spot, but for some reason the charm outweighs everything. I am loving this

I don't care if it's emotionally manipulative, it's working! Manipulate me!

You'd actually be surprised how much this show deviates away from these cliches in the later parts of the story. Once you learn more of the character's back stories things become a bit more fleshed out then a typical slice of life, hence why it (the manga) won an award.
Oct 23, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
R.i.p sandwiches.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 23, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
Draakisback said:
MarikGr said:

Death flag. There was also another death flag on the roof when she said, "This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever" or something to that effect.

Don't make some stupid assumptions!
Mod Edit: Spoiler removed.
rodacOct 24, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 23, 2014 12:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This anime is so so charming. I love everything about it at this point. Hopefully they can keep this insane pace.
Oct 23, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
What a great episode, Kaori is really funny.
The rooftop scene was good.
Oct 23, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
Rayzer said:
That "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that sung by Kaori (Risa Taneda) kinda ruined it for me.

Lol,I know right. I was cringing when she started singing. It would have been fine to leave the lyrics out
Btw, do many Japanese people know that song?

Oct 23, 2014 12:53 PM
Jul 2012
Still my favorite of the season.
Oct 23, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode.

It's interesting to learn about why Kousei can no longer play the piano, but it does seem incredibly odd and suspicious that he is only unable to hear himself playing the piano. However, it should be good to see how this affects the duet performance of Kaori and Kousei.
Oct 23, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2012
Emotional episode.

Great episode. My man Kousei went from an extra to a supporting role. That twinkle little star piece was great, well till the end. Happy we find out something about Kousei. Didn't know he was basically making up excuses for himself. I think what he was trying to say was it stop being fun to play the piano because it felt like a job. On the Kaori is doing wonders for him. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't have it easy either. I wonder why she had to go to the hospital. Can't wait to see them preform together.

5/5.
Oct 23, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Celestrial2 said:
This is a gem.

and is it just me or are the characters in this show extremely attractive?

Hell yea dude
Oct 23, 2014 1:14 PM
Mar 2013
great episode
Oct 23, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
Good episode. It was nice hearing him and that little girl play twinkle, twinkle little star on the piano.
Oct 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode
Oct 23, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
Take away the beautified visual style in this show and so far I find it remarkably simplistic and just kind of your standard seasonal sentimental feel good sometimes, feel bad others anime that I can just see becoming emotionally manipulative in the long run as it's main source of appeal. All the characters are pretty stock and I guess the music is sort of okay. The comedic attempts are pretty blah but kind of par for the course with anime and it just kind of comes off like a certain kind of shows for a certain kind of audience that is of course going to proclaim it the absolute anime of the year because of their particular tastes in anime. I mean it's kind of alright I guess compared to most of the stuff this season but I'm not getting any sort of vibe that this is going to be anything particularly memorable or remarkable.

Honestly anime has WAY to much reliance on style over substance and while this show sort of tries to blend style with substance I find the style side of things is clearly winning out so far. Very typical for A-1 Pictures in 2014. 3/5.
Oct 23, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2012
Horii shit
another amazing epi
manga adaptation at its best
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Oct 23, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Can't wait to see them perform together!
Oct 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
Loved is episode! Captures you in the tense scenes, laugh out loud another and then almost shed a tear with how uplifting it is!!!
Oct 23, 2014 1:35 PM

May 2014
Nice episode, the whole series is good for casual viewing: meaning that the whole plot was kind of told in the first episode. Nodame Cantabile is also one of the casual music type, but still deeper.
Oct 23, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
It's so good! Shoot hospital though? I guess we should get mentally prepared
Oct 23, 2014 1:51 PM
Apr 2012
Doesn´t disappoint. Actually keeps getting better with every episode, definitly favorite of this season. The movement of the bodies in the piano bit was really nice and realistic.
Oct 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
I can't wait to hear the two play together :D

Oct 23, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
after hearing the opening again and again, the OP is a bit like tari tari, too simple to be the OP of this series, so i hope (if ther will be the 2nd OP) it will be better since it will present music in it. but i love the ED, i really love it.

this episode, i can't stop laughing until the end, it's too funny and too many unexpected things, but i kinda know what will happen in the end though. congrats, Yuujin A, you've got your spring in Shigatsu (April)
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Oct 23, 2014 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
Some of the internal monologue is strangely poetic. Pretty good episode, although next episode will no doubt be quite something :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 23, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2009
Another great episode. I'm really worried for Kaori and her little hospital scene. Apparantly she and the main character have more in common that they might think. Anyway can't wait for next week!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 23, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. They got me hype for the next episode. I can't wait to see how Kousei performs after so long an absence.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 23, 2014 2:15 PM
Feb 2014
Draakisback said:
MarikGr said:

God damn. They're setting this show up to be a feels train :(

I got chills down my spine when Kaori said "Please give me your support at this moment that I'm about to lose heart."
Oct 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, I've read the translated manga (ch.22) and looks like a good adaptation.
The hands at the restaurant piano looked a bit weird.
And as always Kaori and Arima are a bit annoying.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Oct 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
"two people riding a bike in Japan is illegal" ohh lol
Previously: BlueXRam
Oct 23, 2014 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
What's with the death flag calls because she visited the hospital? She most likely has a sick relative who inspires her music. Kinda the opposite of Kousei's mother.

Also the whole 'stepping into the light' after agreeing to accompany her was kinda neat.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 23, 2014 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Way too cringy in this ep:/
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 23, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Mod Note: Removed a couple of small spoilers. Please do not discuss any details of what happens in subsequent chapters of the manga. This includes things like the reason she visits the hospital or the details on the performance at the contest. Anime only viewers would prefer to find that out for themselves--or they'll pick up the manga on their own.

I am having to try awfully hard to avoid the temptation to raise my rating one more after this episode--so good...even if it was a little manipulative. I'm looking forward to the contest next week and the remaining episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 23, 2014 3:23 PM

Jul 2014
omg, we're only 3 episodes in, i haven't read the manga, and was under the impression this was going to be an average anime, but nahhhhhhh
this anime is fucking great. i want more!!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.