Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this is the finale...

Well, that sucks. I actually liked this show as one of the more refreshing series. Saburou had some bonding moments with Kichou. It was a good episode overall with the burning destruction sending the message of how brutal some people can be. Some of the action scenes felt a bit static though.

Anyways, good series overall. 7/10. I'll look forward to the OVAs. I think Saburou matured quite a bit since the beginning too.
Sep 19, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2013
So it ended. It was a great series and I'm very sad that it finishes only after 10 episodes, especially since there's a plenty stories to tell.
9/10 from me.
Sep 19, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2007
The death of a father and 4 kids are staying to serve Nobu. lol @ Momotarou's story applying to them. Another person from present time and is professional baseball player.Young aka Sasuke to help him out in the end.

The real Nobu learned who Saburou is by one of the person from present time and decided to fight himself.

OVA should be already out... but cannot wait.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
Second season pl0x!

Sep 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2013
LOL Saburou's Momotarou analogy of Mori's brothers XD
If i am not wrong the baseball player (Young/Yasuke) got mistaken as oni (demon) XD .

I really like the ending when they show the Oda's general one by one ( two by two too :v )

It sad when i know this show finally end. This show really need 2nd season !
9/10 . Maybe I need to read the manga too
Sep 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2013
honestly not that bad of a show.

I give it a 7.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sep 22, 2014 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
Is the J Drama or perhaps the movie going to pick up from here?
Sep 23, 2014 10:55 PM

Mar 2010
well the last few eps kinda ruined it for me... 6/10.... and i swear is the original Oda gonna kill saburo>? he was like [spoiler] I'll take that name and stuff
Sep 23, 2014 11:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Young's introduction was hilarious! Didn't quite expect another person to come from the future at this point once again! Dat accent though. XD

(Real) Nobunaga getting to spend a little time with Kichou after so long was nice to see. Must've missed his wife pretty bad.

Matsunaga seemed to have assured Nobunaga a little by confirming that there'd be Japan after a few hundred years later. I sense confidence building up on him.

Finally some development for Nobunaga, though he didn't do so much at the actual battle.
Somehow, I felt like he sounded a bit greedy when saying he's take the title of "The Devil King of the Sixth Heaven." Eventually, he will achieve the title, but wouldn't Saburo be the main key here?

Good episode as a finale, though the ending was a bit unsettling, since Hashiba never became Toyotomi and it didn't even reach the part where "Mitsuhide" would take "Nobunaga"'s life.
Hoping for a second season to adapt all the events.

Sep 23, 2014 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
Ranoom said:
and i swear is the original Oda gonna kill saburo>? he was like [spoiler] I'll take that name and stuff

I think it could be taken in two ways - one could be 'I'm gonna kill saburo and become nobunaga myself (again)' or maybe he was just saying that because he is technically the original nobunaga and the fact that the name 'nobunaga' got a title of 'demon king of sixth heaven' was the same as himself getting that title.

I dunno~
Sep 23, 2014 11:37 PM
Aug 2011
I refuse to believe that this ends here.
It's like one giant tease.
Say it ain't so!
Sep 24, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
I refuse to believe that this ends here.
It's like one giant tease.
Say it ain't so!

Giant teaser to live action and manga :I
but apparently there is OVA episode, there is chance it will have conclusive ending but highly doubt (manga is on-going)

Still loved show regardless, it is quite refreshing take on history and hopefully I wasn't only one who liked CGI in this series ^_^
Sep 24, 2014 12:49 AM

May 2012
this really look coolMy favorite of the season, too bad its too underrated..
That black guy is so cute, I mean his eyes lol

I want moar.. need 5 seasons of this..

Sep 24, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
Interesting show, started off very strong for me but got quite boring during the second half.
Sep 24, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2014
A very beautiful anime. Just the right amount of comedy and
an interesting plot development which made me interested in
Japanese history. And it seems like there really could be another
season :) Dawwhh.. Can't wait for it to really be confirmed !! :D
Sep 24, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
(damn crunchyroll making us wait while the release in Japan was days ago...)

This anime is such an rare gem...when i picked it up on a whim (after my friend telling me she loved the manga) i never expected i am going to love it so much.

I am actually glad they didn't reach Honnoji incident because i watched the ep. during class and i am sure i would bawl hah (East Asian economy is very heartbreaking). And also,it would be way too rushed...i really want 2nd season.
Well,manga...here i come (except there is like 11 volumes out and English scanlation is...well,even the first volume is not finished...time to use my basicass Japanese)

9/10
Sep 24, 2014 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
Very, very, very happy I decided to watch this show. Loved the art, loved the music, loved the history, loved the characters.

Need more Nobunaga Concerto.
Sep 24, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2008
I do not want this to end. Why did this only get 10 episodes?!
Why do shows that stink like buried cat shit get 2 cours?

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 24, 2014 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
"This land is governed Buddha!" *half naked women running around* Right... lol!

Hidden gem of the season. I might give the drama a try but it's going to feel really weird not hearing Miyano Mamoru's voice as Saburo. Kichou made an appearance for the final episode...thank you staff. When she tilted her head and smiled, my heart melted.

8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 24, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2011
"It's just a black dude." It's even funnier because Japanese during the warring states period probably didn't even know black people existed.

An interesting thing to note is the real Mitsuhide was a devout Buddhist and was greatly against the siege of Mt. Hiei. I get the feeling that Mitsuhide here will try to become the real Nobunaga once again.

Sad to see this go, hopefully this gets a 2nd season one day, or at least have the manga translations pickup. Best Nobunaga show I've seen yet.
Sep 24, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2008
Surprising to see a new character so late in the stage, which only affirms how incomplete this short snippet has been.

I'd forgotten all about Yasuke, but he's certainly one of the novel historical figures of the time.

Such a shame to see this end so soon, but it seems near impossible for epics to get the full adaptation, in part due to their sprawling nature, I suppose.
Sep 24, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2011
Like the last moments in the video say, "Starting Now!".

I think there will be another season of this show. Its by no means complete right now.
Loved every moment of this season 10/10 and fantastic music!
Sep 24, 2014 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
Really sad it ended like this, it feels like there is so much more.
Overall, it was a decent anime. Its plot and execution were really good, the animation was alright, not the best, but the art is pretty unique and fitting to the theme when you get used to it.
I hope there'll be another season~
Sep 24, 2014 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing!!! I got chills at the end!!

Mitsuhide telling Saburo that he'll live for his sake alone :O

The way they burned down Mt. Hiei was amazing! Loved it!! Let the phony monks BURN!! :D And Micchi accepting the title of "Demon King" was epic!

And his conversation with Kichou was really nice too ^^

The beginning with Young was so lol XD Loved the scene when he told Saburo that he lives in a terrifying place.

I absolutely love the OST for this series >.<!!

8.5/10 for me and 9 on MAL

S2 plz >.<!! One of the best Nobunaga series out there!!
Sep 24, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2014
Loved this show, despite not knowing a thing about Japanese history. While the art/animation seemed strange at the start I quickly got used to it and came to really enjoy it. I really hope there will be a season 2 of this show.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 24, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't wanted to watch this (because of the art of course) but after reading a review telling the ED was awesome, i took a closer look and decide to try.

And i'm glad i did! This show was the best surprise of this summer. Everything (except the time travel) was really good. No fanservice, no harem, just history and feelings.
Since the moment Saburo said Oda would be killed by Mi..., i thought it'd be the case but i guess this didn't happened because the manga is still on-going.

I wish they'll do a second season...

Sep 24, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
The "Oni" black guy... At least he was lucky that Nobunaga was from his time or he would have ended as trophy on a wall.

This show clearly needs another season. Best Nobunaga show I have seen so far.
Sep 24, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2013
The best anime of season so far, and the best adaptation of Nobunaga's life what i saw.

I hope that in the manga, have one way to Saburo go for you time and the Nobunaga stay in his place.

Sep 24, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
This is why you never let yourself get put off by animation/artstyle alone. This was without a doubt the hidden gem of the season, and top 5 of the season for me. The direction of the show matched the historical feel and really captured Saburou's situation, characterization, and development throughout. I'm extremely pleased I picked this up, and it's now one my more anticipated 'possible' sequels. Just has to have a second season after all the set up and development with Micchi, not to mention the countless bits of story left to tell. That ED was glorious though, loved how they changed up the music and added all the generals, that was just awesome.

Destroyer King, Devil King. Hopefully the next Nobunaga we'll see animated is Drifters' version, he'll go beyond anything we've seen so far.
Sep 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
Kind of funny how "Concerto" threw me off thinking it was another type of anime without reading the synopsis.
Mitsuhide finding out Saburo's real identity as someone from the future.
Destroying the monks and the temple!
Mitsuhide fully confirming that Saburo would be good for his family. Staying with Saburo until he can't achieve anything more could be a possibility!
Great anime, my initial reaction to the title though :)
Sep 24, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2012
Truly an underrated series, I loved everything about it. Hoping for a season two, 10 episodes are too short.
Sep 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Honestly, a round of applause for this series - so unique is many ways, not to mention that gorgeous background art!!!!

AntonKutovoi said:
So it ended. It was a great series and I'm very sad that it finishes only after 10 episodes, especially since there's a plenty stories to tell.
9/10 from me.

Agreed it was one of my favourites of the season I really hope that there is an second season - though I'm not holding on too much hope...

Haven't watched a dorama in a while but I'll definitely be checking out the live action version. Also hopefully a subbed version of the OVA will surface soon >_<
Sep 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
7/10. I feel bad for the people who didn't watch this for the artstyle. Pretty good series!
Sep 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
I can't believe I ignored this series for so long. It turned out to be quite good and I didn't mind art style. I really hope the live action will get subbed.

7/10
Sep 24, 2014 3:45 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
This felt more like a build-up episode than a last episode :/ i didn't even realise i was over before after i finished the episode. I give this series a 8/10 and this MUST have a second season..
Sep 24, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Probably the best historical anime I've ever watched. I hope there's a second season,
Sep 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
More. NOW!
My signature is lame...
Sep 24, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
I need a new season for this immediatly, so much potentail dripping from every direction of where this can go, still on its own this was a great series thats hopfully the start of a even greater franchise.

also YES YASUKE THE BLACK SAMURAI, i cant believe they actually tied him into this but im so glad they did.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 24, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2012
Really hoping for a second season! The show has lots of potential and is really interesting.
Sep 24, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed this season. Felt like 10 episodes weren't enough. Hoping for a second season for sure.
Sep 24, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
Aw man. So that's it? Such a good plot and premise but it ends here. :(

The finale was a bit weak, but I'm not gonna let that bring down my score. I'll keep it as a very solid 8/10 for this underrated series! It was an exciting ride for the most part, with a great main lead and fun jokes, cute romance and more. It has a full package.

Hoping the scores rises into the 8s~

I need a sequel! ASAP!
Sep 24, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2009
It's incredibly unfair that this hidden gem of the season was basically ruined by its limited 10-episode run and abrupt ending. How could it possibly end like that? Finally, a good Nobunaga series...and it's only 10 episodes, with a weak ending to boot. Damn shame.

I need more Kichou in my life. ;_;
Sep 24, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
Mormegil said:

They are so cute together :C Wish we could have seen more romance because it felt rather natural and unforced (see SAO for example).
Sep 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
Im so sad that it was the finale episode I really hope there will be more seasons, since i assumed in the end "mitsuhide kills nobunaga" in history, so it would be the day saburo is finally able to return and nobunaga explains his vanishing as being "nobunagas" murder himself or so (I didnt read the manga so i dont know a thing XD)

Anyway im glad i started watching it when it came out, one of the best series in a long time and its really underrated in my opinion, mostly "ih ugly 3d" is what i heard why ppl arent watching it, to bad for them :<

10/10 for me
because awsome music, stuff, i loved the eyes the puns and everything *.*
oh and the ending so awsome!
¨°Do you know why Snow is White?°¨

¨°Because it forgot what Color it was°¨
Sep 24, 2014 6:16 PM

Mar 2009
mayukachan said:
Mormegil said:

They are so cute together :C Wish we could have seen more romance because it felt rather natural and unforced (see SAO for example).

Pretty much the best part of the show. Just makes me sad that it all ends here.
Sep 24, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
"It's just a black dude." It's even funnier because Japanese during the warring states period probably didn't even know black people existed.

Exactly! I'd imagine they think he's deformed, mutated, very sickly or incredibly suntanned. I'm surprised they showed no reaction. XD

Such a great series with tremendous potential, and it was truly knocked down by it's limited episode count. Plot couldn't develop adequately and smoothly, many scenes were skipped, and it is lacking a conclusion. It's a war series with side plots everywhere, it NEEDS time to develop! Really, such a shame they didn't make this a longer adaptation. If it did, maybe then, atleast like Kingdom, it would end after a major event and be conclusive. I want min. 50 episodes for this series. >__<

The animation was unique; 3D but not holding the CGI feel, added to the series. Especially Saburo's gesture and how the anime gave life to his goofiness. Anyone who drops a series due to it's 3D hasn't seen good 3D series. Ex. Kingdom and Qin's Moon, both Chinese-history based with great plot, plenty of action (war + fighting) and diverse, interesting characters, are series people are REALLY missing out on.

I love the character changes ("development"), and seeing Saburo become a warlord and winning the confidence of his clan. The personalities of the side characters worked well too, such as the Mori Brothers (I love the second eldest, haha), as well as random fun moments. Arf! Music, though lacking an OP, was suiting. I love the ED by MY FIRST STORY. Adds to the spunk of the series, and helps that it's similar style to my favorite band.

On top of that, the action is realistic, plotlines intricate (like in any excellent war series) and having historical reference which is that little extra, and the cast is diverse and interactive. Though I wish I knew what Oda is actually thinking, as the last episode makes it sound like he'll be attempting Saburo's life and taking over... however, maybe that will spark some more anime adaptations.

I'm always sad when an excellent show ends (especially prematurely), and Nobunaga Concerto is definitely one of them!
Sep 24, 2014 7:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
xchee said:
"This land is governed Buddha!" *half naked women running around* Right... lol!

Haha omg I thought that too. I'm like, wait...they're Buddhist monks right?

Dang this was a really good anime. I'm do glad I decided to watch it, and it was also really easy to get used to the animation. The art style is pretty and I loved the backgrounds. Although so many things happened in just 10 episodes, I didn't think it was bad at all. Of course looking back, if they could've made this longer by a few episodes, it would be great that they went a little slower and fleshed out the characters, but it was still really enjoyable. Man I'm really going to miss this one, just because it was so different. I kind of have that same feeling I did when Ping Pong ended.

Hm and thought that Nobunaga would kill Saburo or something after his line at Mt. Hiei (and because history), but he went and surprised me with telling Saburo that he will live for Saburo. It can't just end here...;_; I think I said this for maybe 2 or 3 anime that just ended as well, but I really really really want a second season. Pleeeease~ Will probably try the drama, but I'll miss Mamo and Kaji :(

Mirorin said:

Music, though lacking an OP, was suiting. I love the ED by MY FIRST STORY. Adds to the spunk of the series, and helps that it's similar style to my favorite band.

Yes yes! The ED always pumps me up :) And the opening (the title part) is actually a pretty good way to start the episodes. I really liked it. And also everything else you said too in your post, about how the characters are interactive, and they're definitely very diverse and all really fun and likable.
tingySep 24, 2014 7:57 PM
Sep 24, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
^ Yep! Forgot to give a bonus to the music. EPIC!

Really awesome orchestral soundtrack mixed in with other kinds of OSTs (Can't recall everything) ED song, while I did get bored of listening to the full version at least 10 times in a row, it was still great and fitting for this show.
Sep 24, 2014 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
Really disappointed that it was cut short with no news of a continuation, especially with Mitsuhide's development this episode, and all the major pieces just starting to fall into place. A shame, but still a fantastic show.
Sep 24, 2014 9:36 PM

Sep 2011
Really entertaining series. Wish more people give it a chance.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

40 by R2 »»
Apr 26, 2018 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.