Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
That Durandal style entrance Deucalion made, the Xenosaga fan boy in me is screaming :]
Sep 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2014
Meh, it is not fun to see a mecha attacking civilians. Makes me feel sad.

I hope Rayet and Eddelrittuo survive the attack. Rayet because is the most develop character there and Eddelrittuo because is a massive cockblock.

Really nice episode ,Darzana has really big balls to do such a risky move like that, I thought they were all in danger.

I am sure that mecha inside of the battleshit will be actived by the princess anytime soon.

Wondering what will Slaine do during next last episode.
Sep 13, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode. Really intense and action packed.
Sep 13, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
Slaine will follow the princess unless she gives him a damn good reason not to. Like, "if i ever see you again i will kill myself". Anything else won't work. Also, if the princess makes it back to Vers, Slaine will be safe there, too.

About Saazbaum: So far his Kataphrakt didn't show any really outstanding capabilities. It packs a punch, it can fly, and they didn't detect it. So what, the US builds those things in a dozen and calls them "Stealth Bomber". It didn't show anything that really yells "Aldnoah" so far. Guess it will next episode though.

Also, i wonder about the martian military. Sure, not everyone gets to use a Aldnoah powered kataphrakt, but even Earth switched from tanks to kataphrakts. Does Mars not have the technology to make non-Aldnoah kataphrakts? Or is it simply the closed-mindedness that reflect in the whole way of fighting, making them not even consider it?
NwAurionSep 13, 2014 7:42 PM
Sep 13, 2014 7:44 PM
Aug 2012
Ughh... This just doesn't work out for me.

The main character (the bland one whose name completely escapes me because he is so bland, not Slaine) is so boooooring...

He has had literally NO GROWTH since episode 1.
He's still the bland fucking bastard who said "Look. Missile." There's nothing to like about this character. His friend died, he didn't even bat an eyelash. Just his usual calm boring self, and go figure he knows everything about war, even though he has never participated in one and since day one he's been coming up with chess-piece plans that only work in fiction, or if you were named Lelouch... Here's the kicker though, Lelouch had personality, this guy doesn't.

I don't get this anime trope. Could somebody tell me what is so great about NO PERSONALITY? Because that's the archetype main protagonists tend to go by in Anime, for some inexplicit reason.

Seriously, what does it take to get some emotion out of this guy?

I'll be fair though, he's not the only boring character. The princess is just as bland, just in the "Pure White Maiden"(in every literal sense of the word) way.

The rest is good though. I like the rest. . .
Sep 13, 2014 7:57 PM

Dec 2008
It's about time that little shit, Eddelrittuo did more than growl and make snobby faces at the Terans. Still hate her with a passion, though.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 13, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
What I'm looking forward to in Episode 12:
1) Death Confirmation of Eddelritto/Rayet after all Rayet said the death flag line of "I'll hold them off"
2) Barring #1 Heel turn confirmation of Rayet (particularly by killing Eddelritto)
3) Survivor or death confirmation of Deucalion bridge members
4) The slow burn payoff of Slaine just anything use him as a device or something but particularly for either
5) His own heel turn (unlikely)
6) Aseylum's heel turn

Just give me something dark and hopeless.

Also the strategy the Inaho uses here is similar to the airborn units in the Battle of Normandy. I really enjoyed that reference.
Sep 13, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
Did Michael Bay direct this episode?
Sep 13, 2014 8:25 PM
Jan 2014
8 year old Martian girls can drive cars... - what I thought after watching this ep.

Shit got real this episode. Looking forward to the finale.

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Sep 13, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2013

THANK
GOD
IT ONLY TOOK THEM ELEVEN EPISODES
BUT SOMEHOW WE GOT SOME SORT OF MEANINGFUL CHARACTER INTERACTION AND DEVELOPMENT

This was a pretty good episode, real good to be honest everything I wanted from the series seems to have taken place, character development, people besides Inaho fighting against the Martians, back and forth battles with suspense and intensity, my only complaint really is the music.

That being said, I REALLY feel like this kind of episode should have been happening a lot earlier in the show, taking an entire season just to get its feet off the ground? That's pretty lame. Hopefully it keeps up
TyrelSep 16, 2014 1:17 AM
Sep 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2014
Is mustang 33 getting shot suppose to be funny??
We got a loli driving a car!!!!
Next episode is the last, I'm exited!
Sep 13, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
wow what exciting episode, Inaho increasingly less with your poker face and increasingly insane, yet he remains very badass
Slaine has not done anything this episode, until the princess did more than he actually now think Slaine did almost nothing salvageable throughout the anime ..
Only one more episode to run out, hopefully a great ending to this season, this anime is already among the best of the year in my opinion and if have a large end may be not only the best of the season, but the best of the year ..
Sep 13, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2013
RIP Mustang 33 :( guess he wasn't confident enough
Sep 13, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2014
Really solid episode. Only annoyed that they spent the first 5 minutes re-capping the previous episode. Season 1 Finale next week.
Sep 13, 2014 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
Princess 1? Really secure code there haha. And how did Eddelritto's feet reach the pedal? I know I know, minor gripes :p

Incoming cliffhanger next week. Cpr too?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
This is fking bullshit.The truck has 0 damage attacked by a rpg missile, even the glasses did not break from that vibration but got some injuries by the rifle lmao.
Sep 13, 2014 11:04 PM
Jul 2014
Damn, didn't know little Eddelritto had it in her! This episode was action-packed, giving us another cliffhanger before the climatic FINAL episode next week. I can't wait!
Sep 13, 2014 11:18 PM

Aug 2014
Action packed episode, pretty good. I have to agree with baoxiang008, the truck taking no damage from the RPG doesn't make much sense. The Deucalion got damaged by the same weapons... so yeah.

The music is probably my favorite part about this anime. The characters are alright, and the plot is interesting, but the music is stellar.

I'm curious about what Slaine is going to be able to do at this point, and what's going through his mind. That guy has been through some serious shit in the last few episodes, how is he going to make sense of it all while on a battlefield? I hope they take the time to show some kind of internal conflict for him. That kid ought to be at least a little phased at this point. And if not, well talk about a waste of a character. .__.
Sep 13, 2014 11:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
shurryy said:

The main character (the bland one whose name completely escapes me because he is so bland, not Slaine) is so boooooring...

He's still the bland fucking bastard who said "Look. Missile." There's nothing to like about this character. His friend died, he didn't even bat an eyelash. Just his usual calm boring self, and go figure he knows everything about war, even though he has never participated in one and since day one he's been coming up with chess-piece plans that only work in fiction, or if you were named Lelouch... Here's the kicker though, Lelouch had personality, this guy doesn't.

I don't get this anime trope. Could somebody tell me what is so great about NO PERSONALITY? Because that's the archetype main protagonists tend to go by in Anime, for some inexplicit reason.

I'll be fair though, he's not the only boring character. The princess is just as bland, just in the "Pure White Maiden"(in every literal sense of the word) way.

It's the self insert MC. Basically the writers give them as little personal traits of their own, so it's easier for certain kind of viewer to project himself upon them and get a hard on while watching the show. It's been done forever in writing, but in this anime season it's become very noticeable since we have a couple of those kinds of characters in some major shows.

The rest of the cast is very bland too. I agree. I don't know if Urobuchi fell asleep at the wheel when writing the scenario for this show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2014 11:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
shurryy said:

It's the self insert MC. Basically the writers give them as little personal traits of their own, so it's easier for certain kind of viewer to project himself upon them and get a hard on while watching the show. It's been done forever in writing, but in this anime season it's become very noticeable since we have a couple of those kinds of characters in some major shows.

The rest of the cast is very bland too. I agree. I don't know if Urobuchi fell asleep at the wheel when writing the scenario for this show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2014 11:29 PM

Dec 2010
A nice action packed episode!

Eddelrittuo driving a car seemed a little odd, but Rayet helping out felt just right!

So they just need to destroy his Aldnoah drive and set everything in motion. Of course it won't happen since it is split cour...but it should still be enjoyable!
Sep 13, 2014 11:43 PM
Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an intense episode. We get action between the Martians and the Terrans.

Slaine also goes out on the field of course. And holy shit, that Eddelrittuo can drive that car like that. I'm actually somewhat surprised by this. Pretty action oriented episode. Inaho made some risky moves though but I don't doubt him. Cliffhangerish ending I guess.

Oh sh*t.. Next in the final episode.. :P
Roseanne Maceda
Sep 13, 2014 11:45 PM

Dec 2010
Marzan said:
shurryy said:

He's still the bland guy who said "Look. Missile." There's nothing to like about this character. His friend died, he didn't even bat an eyelash. Just his usual calm boring self, and go figure he knows everything about war, even though he has never participated in one and since day one he's been coming up with chess-piece plans that only work in fiction, or if you were named Lelouch... Here's the kicker though, Lelouch had personality, this guy doesn't.

I don't know how much of Inaho's character can be explained as being bland, or being in control of his emotions because there are some definite differences.

Also, Urobuchi didn't make any of the characters, he just wrote the first three episodes. According to what he said in an interview about Aldnoah.
Sep 14, 2014 12:04 AM

Dec 2013
Am I the only one that thinks that Aldnoah is a trainwreck? The start was good, but now I can barely sit through an episode. Everything seems so annoying... I mean that little girl can drive a car? Where did she learn this? In Mars?
Sep 14, 2014 12:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
cyclone1993 said:
Marzan said:

I don't know how much of Inaho's character can be explained as being bland, or being in control of his emotions because there are some definite differences.

Also, Urobuchi didn't make any of the characters, he just wrote the first three episodes. According to what he said in an interview about Aldnoah.

He didn't write the characters? Are you sure? Well if he didn't then that would explain something. While I don't rate Urobuchi as highly as some other people, I think he made some good characters in the likes of Madoka and Psycho-Pass.

Sep 14, 2014 12:20 AM

Aug 2014
lightXTC said:
Missiles that can penetrate bunkers? WUT...

My god, listening to that Yuki-bitch NAG NAG NAG really makes me want to strangle her. Seriously, just STFU and let your stupid plot armoured brother do all the talking.

1 more episode until I can stop following this, hooray.

Missiles that can penetrate bunkers exist. But not so thick like in aldnoah zero :P

baoxiang008 said:
This is fking bullshit.The truck has 0 damage attacked by a rpg missile, even the glasses did not break from that vibration but got some injuries by the rifle lmao.

The mech shoot down the rpg before it hit the car :P thou debrises should had dameged the windows.
SweanimeSep 14, 2014 12:24 AM
Sep 14, 2014 1:02 AM
Apr 2014
Shit has gotten so ridiculous I just laugh throughout the episode. I liked it..
Sep 14, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2012
I loved the episode and one thing I really love is the music I think it sounds really good.
Sep 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
Darklight0303 said:
EarlAlois said:

He could have asked Saazbaum to activate it, no?
Or he could have just waited in the castle:
Like- Wait and see what happen's?

Instead of running around wild and always showing up late at the party =|
If he hadn't moved out the castle, he'd be there when the princess would have crashed with Deucalion.

Just Sayin'

Sazbaum wouldn't activate it for him. He's not stupid. He knows he's zealously loyal to the princess. There was no way Slaine was getting Tharsis

I wonder why some people even watch this show - at least try to check if what you write is even remotely correct....

Sazbaum CANT activate the Tharsis. Only royality can activate an Aldnoah Drive, then they can give it to someone who can activate THAT SAME Aldnoah Drive unill either HE or THAT ROYAL PERSON who activated it for him dies. Get it now? Its why noone ever tries to rebel against the royality - if you kill them, your drive dies. If they somehow kill the king on vers all of the matian vessels will power down. Same with the Deucallion - if they kill the princess the ship will power down, regardless if the princess bestoved the power to activate it to someone (Magberage for example, or Inaho, whatever).
Its also why it would be pointless to fight fellow knights - you cant use their hardware after that, get it?
If the princess was to deactivate and reactivate everybody's craft and rebestow them the right to use it, there would have been no betrayal ever, since the moment you kill her you will freefall to Earth and the UEF will kick your ass.
AlexGKSep 14, 2014 1:28 AM
Sep 14, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
Inaho. He's the only one in this ENTIRE show with an actual brain. Everyone else must have some form of severe brain damage of some sort, that or, the more likely scenario is that Inaho is just another Kirito-type character, I guess not to the full extent.

Yuki needs to the shut the hell up too. Extremely annoying, and pointless banter at Inaho that made me wish she'd just get killed off already. Not relevant in the slightest.

Speaking of relevant, and I'm asking an honest question here, because I might have forgotten what happened after Rayet strangled the Princess. Is there any reason that she decided to save her? Really, all it did was feel like a feel-good, Attack On Titan moment where an irrelevant character comes in to act like a hero for a good minute.

Actually, this whole episode felt like Attack On Titan. Morale began to rapidly rise only to be brought back down at the end of the episode.

This show is ridiculous.
Nop.
Sep 14, 2014 2:07 AM

May 2013
What an intense fight! I hope the last episode would not leave a cliffhanger note.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 14, 2014 2:43 AM

Jan 2014
Intense. Me likey :3
Sep 14, 2014 3:00 AM
Sep 2014
eddelrittuo is the best. ahahahaha.
dioscuria so OP best mecha ever. come on dioscuria vs tharsis + sleipnir??
Sep 14, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
Marzan said:

This is incorrect. Self insert MCs are written as someone you WANT to be. If there's ONE thing the show did is to portray Inaho's behavior as wrong and strange. IF he was a self insert MC characters would be cheering for him instead of continuously questioning his emotionless behavior(which they should REALLY get to explaining now, at least bits of it). The only thing I can think of on why they would hold off that long would be if he was Sazbaum's son/test-tube-baby or something(then again Slaine can be that too).

Slaine is closer to the "self insert MC", since he is closer to the stereotype of "japanese everyman", down to people being racist against him.

FIREF0X said:
Did Michael Bay direct this episode?

Considering fanservice and formulaic bullshit every episode, I'd say he directed ALL the episodes.
Sep 14, 2014 3:41 AM

Jul 2014
"Bullets are attracted to cowardice!"
Sep 14, 2014 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
Nao is a true solder Spartan worthy.

Great episode!!!
Sep 14, 2014 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
ship down
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 14, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2012
Today, in "Everybody hates Slaine":

Alternative take:
Sep 14, 2014 4:27 AM

Apr 2008
Danpmss said:
Today, in "Everybody hates Slaine":

Alternative take:

You sir win the internet~
Sep 14, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
AlexGK said:
Sazbaum CANT activate the Tharsis. Only royality can activate an Aldnoah Drive, then they can give it to someone who can activate THAT SAME Aldnoah Drive unill either HE or THAT ROYAL PERSON who activated it for him dies.

Hmm. Really? I didn't catch that from the show either. I thought that the knights could activate different aldnoah cores, like, for example, swithching on ones, that are not currently tied to another person.
I don't mean to argue, I just didn't consider this possibility. (And it wasn't expressed directly in the show, if I am not mistaken.)
Though in this case some of the conversations don't make any sense. Like, why did the counts think about who could activate Deucalion during the interrogation. If your theory is right, then there're only two people, who can do it, Orlaine and the princess. And Saazbaum didn't have any reason to reclaim Tharsis - there is no way, that he will ever be able to use it.
Though, I think it really is like you wrote. it makes matters much more interesting and I wish they used it more in the plot.

@Danpmss
Yep, this thread is yours.
Sep 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
So Inaho-kun being Inaho-kun . . .

poor ship getting owned without fighting back . . .
Sep 14, 2014 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
I hated Inaho's dialogue at the beginning, instead of just saying things like "oh don't need to mention it", in regards to him saving the princess, all we got was "I saved you cause there's a war going on" couple that with him saying somethings along lines of "she might as well be some use to us" and "i have the most experience fighting against the Martians". all we basically have is an over rationalize dick with no sense of real kindness in my eyes. Yuki should've knocked him out when he came up with one of the worst plans ever, what an asshole.

Can anyone remember back to the beginning when inaho and inko were talking (i think it was about the war something), back then he may have been a bit cold, but i could still fully sensed he wanted to do right by his friends. Now he doesn't care at all, he should be killed off for all the crap he done in this episode.
jdbeSep 14, 2014 5:19 AM
Sep 14, 2014 5:49 AM
Oct 2011
BullSmit said:

Yuki needs to the shut the hell up too. Extremely annoying, and pointless banter at Inaho that made me wish she'd just get killed off already. Not relevant in the slightest.

thought i was the only one getting annoyed at her
Sep 14, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2013
Screw all the silliness, Batman a.k.a Inaho twist and save them all!
Sep 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2008
Right now I just looking forward for Slaine to reunite with the princess.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 14, 2014 6:13 AM

Apr 2008
Zapredon said:
Right now I just looking forward for Slaine to reunite with the princess.

Wanna bet he won't?
Sep 14, 2014 7:08 AM
Jun 2014
Meanwhile.. I will wait for final episode 12 when finished airing on next Sunday.. :)
Oh my god.. XD
Roseanne Maceda
Sep 14, 2014 7:37 AM
Jul 2010
This show is getting lamer and lamer every episode.
A pity it has Sawano and Kajiura doing the music.
Sep 14, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2010
motherfucking intense~!
the little girl surprisingly useful is any kind of situation, she can drive too at her age
next ep inaho get power up..
Sep 14, 2014 8:27 AM

Apr 2008
Sorry Slaine, the princess is in another castle.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.