Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay this episode got weird. Is that girl voiced by the same VA as Shiro from Deadman Wonderland? Not to mention, we get a talking bike.

I like the choice of the OST of this episode though.
Welp, it also looks like Shinichiro Watanabe (general director) wrote the script for this episode. ALL IN GOOD TIME. I'm guessing the episode was meant as a personification with the avant garde cinematic. Took some awesome screenshots though. The art was done lavishly well.
Stark700Aug 23, 2014 10:13 PM
Aug 23, 2014 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
Well another episode of Dandy being isolated once again by QT, and Meow on a really weird alien planet with his companion Ferdinand. Seems he needs to remember what happen to his crew.

Not really funny episode tbh. It sort of felt dark when it comes to death themes and stuff.

Aug 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2010
Dandy kinda reminds me of Araragi with his hair down like that.
Aug 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Wait, so Dandy is really... *watches preview* Okay, never mind.

Rather melancholic episode though.
Aug 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
This is by far my favorite episode yet, it was simply beautifully and the imagery was so impressively dark but creative with a hint of magic to it. This was just a really captivating episode for me

Also was it me, or did the ending kind of confirm the different universe dandies theory

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Feb 2014
TravSavage said:

Dandy died in the first episode. It's not like the creators have any qualms about killing Dandy off
~ ビーせんぱい
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
Aug 23, 2014 10:04 PM
May 2013
TravSavage said:

i think he chose to stay dead. but since that wasn't the last episode,the him that died was the one in the current universe and we will be continuing the show with a different universe dandy.

They honestly should of saved this episode for the last episode to make it canon,i would of liked it if dandy chose to stay with that girl for eternity.
Aug 23, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Can anyone confirm if that girl is voiced by the same VA that voiced Shiro in the Deadman Wonderland dub?
Aug 23, 2014 10:09 PM
Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
Is that girl voiced by the same VA as Shiro from Deadman Wonderland?

Nope, it's Elizabeth Maxwell.

JizzyHitler said:
Also was it me, or did the ending kind of confirm the different universe dandies theory

Pretty sure that was confirmed in the first episode of this season.
Aug 23, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
Daisetsu1 said:

Pretty sure that was confirmed in the first episode of this season.
yeah but i mean this one was pretty damn direct about it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 23, 2014 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
Stark700 said:
Can anyone confirm if that girl is voiced by the same VA that voiced Shiro in the Deadman Wonderland dub?

No, although Monica Rial, Shiro's English voice, was in the episode. She had one line as that cat thing near the beginning protruding from the one thing's chest.
Aug 23, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2010
Spag said:
Dandy kinda reminds me of Araragi with his hair down like that.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! I kind of like him with his hair down!

This was probably one of my least favorite episodes. The visuals were great, the music was nice, and we got some rather dark themes. But that's all.

I really liked the girl's design, a lot. But the rest of the episode was very weird, too weird for my taste. I don't think the whole trippy narrative works very well for Dandy, even if it is in the nature of the show.

I saw a lot of similarities to Alice in Wonderland, and Wizard of Oz though.

Hopefully next week's episode will be better...
Aug 23, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2012
Missed the live airing so I had to wait awhile to watch it but that was honestly an amazing episode. The animation and sound were fantastic this episode. My were eyes kept glued to the screen the entire time just to admire the art. When the first season started we were told to expect the unexpected and bizarre, it doesn't always have to be funny. The story pretty good, not amazing but when you only have 1 episode to do things it can be a challenge to tell a story.

TyrelOct 18, 2014 4:15 PM
Aug 24, 2014 12:14 AM
Oct 2012
Girl reminds me of Amber from DtB. Otherwise that was the most serious and darkest Space Dandy yet... wonder if this will ultimately end up with an overarching plot of sorts...
Aug 24, 2014 1:00 AM

Aug 2013
Dead Dandy is the best Dandy.

No wait, that title is still held by Emo Dandy.
Aug 24, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
That was a beautiful episode to watch, and very mellow. Something you put on to fall asleep.
Aug 24, 2014 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
The visual design this week was breath taking
I guess this episode confirmed the multiple dimension theory floating around since S1?
Aug 24, 2014 1:09 AM

Jun 2013
Dang this episode was deep. And I loved the visuals.
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2014
"I'm your someone."
Dandy: HAAH?
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Aug 24, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2013
That was an amazing episode. Haven't seen many anime as surreal and strange as that.
Such beautiful animation and scenery.
I want to believe this will all come together in the next 4 to 5 episodes
Aug 24, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2013
Good to know Dandy somehow gets a girl for his own
Aug 24, 2014 3:57 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing episode. Just amazing.

Now I can't wait for OST 2 to come out. The music is just too good.
Aug 24, 2014 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
The music really stood out for me this episode. I almost felt like I wasn't watching what I'd usually expect from Space Dandy for a moment there. Best episode yet by far for me.

Also that girl reminded me of Shiro from Deadman Wonderland.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 24, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2011
Dandy looks pretty good with his hair down. I normally prefer the comedy episodes to the surreal serious episodes but this was just fantastic.
Aug 24, 2014 7:33 AM
Oct 2011
This episode was trippy as hell but so good because now I'm confused.
Did Dandy die or not?
Because it showed his ship had crash landed onto the planet's surface a few times, but then at the end it shows they escaped the nebula with Meow and QT being fine but with Dandy seemingly dead or unconscious on the ship's controls. BUT then of course, the girl supposedly transported Dandy to another dimension but at the end it shows Dandy on the planet seemingly having accepted his being dead and hangs out with the girl now.
Aug 24, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
zXReMXz said:
Did Dandy die or not?
Because it showed his ship had crash landed onto the planet's surface a few times, but then at the end it shows they escaped the nebula with Meow and QT being fine but with Dandy seemingly dead or unconscious on the ship's controls. BUT then of course, the girl supposedly transported Dandy to another dimension but at the end it shows Dandy on the planet seemingly having accepted his being dead and hangs out with the girl now.

My take on the episode is that the consciousness of the persona of Planet Limbo, Limbo-chan for short, transcends dimensions. Dandy has died plenty of times and it seems that each time he dies, Limbo-chan sends him to another dimension, which is why there is no continuity in the Dandy-verse. Limbo-chan must have met Dandy countless times already. I inferred this from when Limbo-chan saw multiple images of Dandy in the sky train and said "It can't be!" or something like that. During Dandy's and Limbo-chan's many encounters, Limbo-chan somehow fell in love with him at one point. The Dandy in the suit in the end is probably another dead Dandy and he saw a cute girl and decided to say hi or something. It's either that or he went back to the planet at one point in the future to visit Limbo-chan. Man, this episode was weird as fuck but strangely enjoyable.
CheesekaoAug 24, 2014 7:57 AM
Aug 24, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
Probably top3 if not fav ep of all Dandy for me yet. All of my fav eps are when Dandy gets a girl attached to him XD

The atmosphere this ep gave was really awesome. I felt so calm and soothed with the music and scenery :3

That girl looked really pretty and her doing that because she fell in love with Dandy was sweet ^^ Well, I'm sure that if Dandy just let his hair style like the way he has it this ep, he'd be getting lots of bitches :P He looks so cool like that.

Glad he stayed with her at the end. One Dandy scores :D
Aug 24, 2014 9:03 AM

Sep 2011
I also must say this is probably the best looking episode of the series yet, and that says ALOT for a series that looks as good as this.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 24, 2014 9:10 AM
Oct 2013
Fantastic episode. Beautiful story, art and music said all.
Aug 24, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
Probably the best episode this from season 2. That feeling again, where I last felt during episode 5 season 1, the loli alien and Space Dandy. Thanks space dandy, it warmed my heart for a moment. And I have tests tomorrow, it just chilled me well.
Aug 24, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
Like everyone is saying, what a pretty episode to look at. The song choices for this episode were also well composed and unique. I liked having the ending be a montage of Planet Limbo, and not the usual ending song "Too easy game, too easy game, too easy gamuh..." Kind of gave off a Mushishi feel in terms of the atmosphere, mixed together with Shaft-style animation. Loved every second of it.

Cheesekao said:

My take on the episode is that the consciousness of the persona of Planet Limbo, Limbo-chan for short, transcends dimensions. Dandy has died plenty of times and it seems that each time he dies, Limbo-chan sends him to another dimension, which is why there is no continuity in the Dandy-verse. Limbo-chan must have met Dandy countless times already. I inferred this from when Limbo-chan saw multiple images of Dandy in the sky train and said "It can't be!" or something like that. During Dandy's and Limbo-chan's many encounters, Limbo-chan somehow fell in love with him at one point. The Dandy in the suit in the end is probably another dead Dandy and he saw a cute girl and decided to say hi or something. It's either that or he went back to the planet at one point in the future to visit Limbo-chan. Man, this episode was weird as fuck but strangely enjoyable.

Wow I would never have thought that. Most of the times Space Dandy, like you said, has no continuity, so I've grown accustomed to taking each episode at face value and not overanalyzing it. Your explanation, however, gives this episode so much more meaning to the whole Dandy series.
Aug 24, 2014 9:42 AM
Apr 2013
It's official. The more surreal this show gets, the better it is. This visuals in this episode were enough to take my breath away. Not to mention, this was the episode with the biggest connection to the "plot" yet. 10/10.
Aug 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
Cheesekao said:
zXReMXz said:
Did Dandy die or not?

yup got the same impression from the episode. well explained nothing to add here
Aug 24, 2014 10:40 AM
Mar 2014
Dat episode, AND dat music !

The guitarist plays Aruarian Dance from Samourai champloo Ost :)
Aug 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
This was a ver interesting episode. Reminds me a little of Spirited awy, at least the visuals on some parts.
Aug 24, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
Crazy creative and I loved the artstyle. And OST, of course.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 24, 2014 11:36 AM
Jan 2011
Shit, I'm just not getting any of it.
Aug 24, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2013
Cheesekao said:
zXReMXz said:
Did Dandy die or not?

My thoughts exactly. I am so happy they finally gave more insight into why Dandy always comes back.

This episode is by far my favorite. It's animation is stunning, it's character designs are stunning, the music is peaceful yet sounds so tragically happy.

The serious tone the episode went with too, all the dead folks were talking about philosophy and nonsense, but of course they were, that's all you can do in a world like that. Remarkable storytelling, combining the supernatural with sci-fi very well.

We got plenty of backdrop for Limbo, we got insight into Dandy's constant deaths, tragic and rather dark story. Remarkable.

Favorite episode and cannot wait for more.
Aug 24, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was just so damn good.
Seriously,one of the best Space Dandy episodes so far,if not the best.

It is even more interesting if you take what Cheesekao wrote into consideration.
Aug 24, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
It was one strange episode, but it was good.

Dandy was in the world of the dead. He finally got a girl attached to him. He chose to stay with her at the end.
removed-userAug 24, 2014 12:10 PM
Aug 24, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
pakoko said:
Like everyone is saying, what a pretty episode to look at. The song choices for this episode were also well composed and unique. I liked having the ending be a montage of Planet Limbo, and not the usual ending song "Too easy game, too easy game, too easy gamuh..." Kind of gave off a Mushishi feel in terms of the atmosphere, mixed together with Shaft-style animation. Loved every second of it.

How was that at all like Shafts style? I hope people don't think Shaft invented bizarre imagery in anime or something.
Aug 24, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
I'm speechless. I loved everything about this episode. The visuals are so beautiful, and I really need the full soundtrack to this episode. The music was very peaceful and beautiful, but still otherworldly. It was like a very sadly beautiful dream.

I have no idea what it all means, but right now I don't even care.
Aug 24, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Most visually stunning episode yet. It was trippy as hell but the art was gorgeous and the music was spot on as always.

It might not have been a typical "fun" Dandy episode but I thought it was beautiful. 5/5
Aug 24, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2013
"Alive or dead, I'm me" pretty much sums up Dandy as a whole. Like everyone else said, this was such a stunning episode. The music gave me goosebumps throughout and it was a nice change of pace. Not even sci fi and still worked wonderfully. I'm happy this series is doing whatever it wants creatively.
Aug 24, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
Liking the creativity of this episode. The art style change mixed things up pretty well along with the calmer atmosphere. Really curious about Planet Limbo now, but I suppose this show will move on considering its episodic nature and the next episode preview.
Aug 24, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2012
Bittersweet and surreal, you never know what you can expect from each Space Dandy episode and this one was really amazing, definitely some deep stuff that could be interpreted

I don't think anyone has said this yet, but this episode reminds me of the game 'Limbo' (funnily enough), the visuals, sounds and especially some scenes (such as the cable car)

It was kinda like a whole intricate movie but episode sized, sasuga watanabe
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
Aug 24, 2014 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Loving that animation in this episode.
Aug 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
I think this is actually a lot more then simple then we're making it out to be.
Dandy died
Limbo-chan brought him back to life but within another universe
The reason she was willing to let him go was because she knew he would be back as after all death can't be stopped.
The Dandy we saw at the end was Dandy after dying of natural causes which I believe would explain the suit.

Atleast that's my take on it.
Aug 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode of season 2 so far and possibly the whole series, beautiful artwork and awesome character designs. Limbo was really cute. Like Dandy said, pretty deep themes going on in this (though not like we haven't it before). I'd kill for an arc based on this but we do see more stuff that backs up alternate universe theory.
Aug 24, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
Nasty001 said:
Shit, I'm just not getting any of it.

^ Not even sure if I liked the episode or not but one thing is for sure, the animation is amazing.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

80 by thegoishady »»
Mar 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

123 by Alshai »»
Feb 28, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

94 by KikiTheDestroyer »»
Jan 21, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

139 by TrevRockOne »»
Jan 16, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

191 by bubba460z »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.