Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 22, 2014 11:07 PM

Feb 2014
The pacing of this anime just drags on.. At least the art is wonderful. Touko is an absolutely terrible character who wouldn't know what she wanted if it smacked her in the face. Glad Hiro finally realized how petty Sachi really is.
Aug 23, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
This show is a fucking mess.
Aug 23, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2008
What is happening here? did everyone's reset button just got pushed 0.0 Touko and Kakeru are the only ones still looking sane.
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
y123y said:
ss4chris said:

you can ship yukixyana. im down with that. lol.

Nope its only been on this show on this thread this season so far from what i've read. This anime has a lot of hate.

Thats the problem with the majority of anime fans today. They want answers ASAP. They dont like anime that ask questions. Which is why many anime adaptions tend to be rushed nowadays. I am actually enjoying glasslip alot. Glasslip and Aldnoah are my favorites this season by far. But I can see why fans are angry at Glasslip also = Slice of Life and Drama dont go well together.

Also, about Yuki and Yanagi, when Yanagi was taking a shower she got a missed call on her phone, and Im thinking it was Yuki because after the phone scene, they showed him running and smiling. And on the preview for the next episode, Yanagi is lying on her bed holding the phone looking depressed. Hopefully its Yuki.

slice of life and drama don't go together? i dont know about that...

Kokoro Connect did well. Clannad. ANgel beats.

hmm what else. BUt ya. I dont think its that. I think PA just executed this poorly to the general audience. People like you and me can dig this and accept this. Majority cannot.

As for that phone call i thought it was Tokou.. Didn't she try to call her when she was at the steps? i must be dreaming or something. oh well next week i guess :3

ShanaFlame said:
What is happening here? did everyone's reset button just got pushed 0.0 Touko and Kakeru are the only ones still looking sane.

you call Kakeru having 2 other sides of himself sane?

and Tokou freaking out of every fragement/ emotions shes felt recently IE: seeing Kakeru kiss her forcefully and her running out on him Is sane? O>O

Please tell what sanity and insanity is to you >.<
Aug 23, 2014 3:17 AM
Oct 2011
It felt great when Hiro purpose to ignore Sachi's calls
I kept watching this series just to know their relationship though.

It would be great if Hiro act no more than being friend of her
Aug 23, 2014 3:22 AM
Dec 2013
Touko startin to get some crazy visions.Random fan service was nice but not really sure why it was put in there. Still waiting for everything to come together somehow.
Aug 23, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2010
Yana's "rebirth" shower scene, Is it symbolic of something? Nope, just an excuse for fanservice.
Various artistic stills: Do they have a deeper purpose? Nope, just a method the cut down on the animation.

The anime isn't that bad, but it seems to me all of the "symbolism" is just there to create a false depth to make up for the fact they couldn't properly write an interesting story about friendships/love/jealousy.

Side note: My pairing would be Hiro + Yana (Still no change from the beginning).
Aug 23, 2014 6:17 AM

Apr 2011
Does these guys have something called a brain or what?
Aug 23, 2014 6:36 AM
Jan 2014
i really enjoy reading you guys rant about this anime not to mention that i dropped it for a while now.
Aug 23, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
Kapodaco said:
I'm not even going to read all of the comments posted here to confirm this, but....

Did anyone see the pregnant woman around the six minute mark? She was just kinda hanging out in the background while evil girl and naked girl were talking about stuff that doesn't matter. She was literally frozen in time, just touching her parental girth and smiling(?) peacefully.

She might be my favorite character in this entire series.
ahhahahahhahaha
Aug 23, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2013
First up, pretty much called it on the Yandere-Yuri angle, as well as the rest of the characters' angles.

I really don't believe that what Touko sees are fragments of emotions. You can't really explain some of the shit that goes on in those visions:

Last Ep:
(1) Kakeru falling from a high place.
(2) Crows flying at her on the beach after Yanagi walked away

This Ep:
1.) The Workshop next to her house explodes and the window blasts outwards.
2.) Kakeru forcing himself onto Touko, which scared even her after her vision.
3.) The school grounds covered in what appears to be either (a) snow, or (b) white ash (like from a fire).

Seriously, I feel like Touko's visions are kinda like predicting the end of the world or something. Or at least some sort of disaster. I also feel that Kakeru has a part to play in such a situation. Why else would she have been so excited and embarrased when seeing her "first kiss" with Kakeru last time (two eps back?), and yet be so completely frightened after seeing the kiss in this episode? Unless she understood something serious (i.e. Kakeru is a pyromaniac who burned down the school and was trying to force himself on her) from her most recent vision, I see no reason at all why she would feel a need to run away from him. Made absolutely no sense.

As most have said, Yanagi running around naked at home was meaningless time wasting, but I feel like her talk with Sachii was well placed. At least now besides Touko and Kakeru, we all know that Yanagi and Sachii both have an inkling about what's going on.

For some reason, I'm feeling really relieved that Yuki, and to some extent Hiro, are out of the crazy mystery loop. Yuki being diligent in trying to recover his manliness and pride in the thing he does best: running. Hiro healing his wounds by going back to his interests (the great outdoors and trekking). Given the visions thus far haven't really involved either of them, you get the feeling that for the coming few episodes, they're gonna be relegated to bit-part characters. For some reason I feel absolutely fine with that. It's time for the boys to grow up and move on from the crazy girls in their group.

That said, I don't get the deal with Yanagi running. She said she wants to become a new person, but what exactly does she want to change? Her relationship with Yuki? Her lifestyle? Her preferred profession? Maybe she doesn't want to be an idol anymore. Guess she just wants to chase after Yuki from now on, and not just metaphorically. :P

With 5 more episodes left, I'm guessing there's gonna still be a twist in the tale. After all the useless posturing and pandering, here's hoping for some big disaster to spice things up. I've pretty much given up hope on learning anything useful about the glass-making profession.

Hope next episode will give us something better, namely a push in the Yuki-Yanagi and Sachii-Hiro story, given Touko and Kakeru's story seems stagnant as hell.

Oh, and Jonathan is still my favorite character of the series.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 23, 2014 10:40 AM

Oct 2012
destructo22 said:
Kapodaco said:
I'm not even going to read all of the comments posted here to confirm this, but....

Did anyone see the pregnant woman around the six minute mark? She was just kinda hanging out in the background while evil girl and naked girl were talking about stuff that doesn't matter. She was literally frozen in time, just touching her parental girth and smiling(?) peacefully.

She might be my favorite character in this entire series.
ahhahahahhahaha

wtf lol no.

L-Ryoshi said:
First up, pretty much called it on the Yandere-Yuri angle, as well as the rest of the characters' angles.

I really don't believe that what Touko sees are fragments of emotions. You can't really explain some of the shit that goes on in those visions:

Last Ep:
(1) Kakeru falling from a high place.
(2) Crows flying at her on the beach after Yanagi walked away

This Ep:
1.) The Workshop next to her house explodes and the window blasts outwards.
2.) Kakeru forcing himself onto Touko, which scared even her after her vision.
3.) The school grounds covered in what appears to be either (a) snow, or (b) white ash (like from a fire).

Seriously, I feel like Touko's visions are kinda like predicting the end of the world or something. Or at least some sort of disaster. I also feel that Kakeru has a part to play in such a situation. Why else would she have been so excited and embarrased when seeing her "first kiss" with Kakeru last time (two eps back?), and yet be so completely frightened after seeing the kiss in this episode? Unless she understood something serious (i.e. Kakeru is a pyromaniac who burned down the school and was trying to force himself on her) from her most recent vision, I see no reason at all why she would feel a need to run away from him. Made absolutely no sense.

As most have said, Yanagi running around naked at home was meaningless time wasting, but I feel like her talk with Sachii was well placed. At least now besides Touko and Kakeru, we all know that Yanagi and Sachii both have an inkling about what's going on.

For some reason, I'm feeling really relieved that Yuki, and to some extent Hiro, are out of the crazy mystery loop. Yuki being diligent in trying to recover his manliness and pride in the thing he does best: running. Hiro healing his wounds by going back to his interests (the great outdoors and trekking). Given the visions thus far haven't really involved either of them, you get the feeling that for the coming few episodes, they're gonna be relegated to bit-part characters. For some reason I feel absolutely fine with that. It's time for the boys to grow up and move on from the crazy girls in their group.

That said, I don't get the deal with Yanagi running. She said she wants to become a new person, but what exactly does she want to change? Her relationship with Yuki? Her lifestyle? Her preferred profession? Maybe she doesn't want to be an idol anymore. Guess she just wants to chase after Yuki from now on, and not just metaphorically. :P

With 5 more episodes left, I'm guessing there's gonna still be a twist in the tale. After all the useless posturing and pandering, here's hoping for some big disaster to spice things up. I've pretty much given up hope on learning anything useful about the glass-making profession.

Hope next episode will give us something better, namely a push in the Yuki-Yanagi and Sachii-Hiro story, given Touko and Kakeru's story seems stagnant as hell.

Oh, and Jonathan is still my favorite character of the series.

PA with an end of the world route? i dont thik so >.<
Aug 23, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2007
Glasslip is like RED DATA GIRL, an undefined show and very hard to make anything out of it. Especially when people expect something that the show isn't trying to do, it makes it very hard for viewer to like it and can be confusing to follow.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 23, 2014 11:55 AM

Mar 2009
^That's a good comparison.
Aug 23, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2010
ss4chris said:

PA with an end of the world route? i dont thik so >.<

They already broke a bunch of their own taboos with this series so far.
P.A. Works with obvious fanservice
P.A. Works with Yuri undertones
P.A. Works with horrible static animation
P.A. Works doing a slow-paced SoL after Hanasaku
P.A. Works doing a shitty original work

But no, I don't believe it will turn into full apocalyptic stuff, especially with Nishimura directing.
It's easier to picture those visions as metaphors regarding their relationships than an Maia's end of the world prediction.

Siva said:
Glasslip is like RED DATA GIRL, an undefined show and very hard to make anything out of it. Especially when people expect something that the show isn't trying to do, it makes it very hard for viewer to like it and can be confusing to follow.

Jesus, RDG was awful. Too much data cramped in tiny little 12 episodes.
Aug 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2007
What RDG was really bad at was that it doesn't know how to tell the viewers what the show really about and it just went on its own until it finally completed and then we the viewers finally got the first chance to know what the show really is at the final moment of the show. Well at least I think Glasslip did a little better job than RDG if not so much.

I find it funny that some people seem to believe Touko was seeing the end of the world or something along that line. I am pretty sure Glasslip isn't about that but more about relationship between characters. And then we have what seem like to be a mislead Yuri relationship. If you put some effort by watching OP from the beginning you will see that there are some really good information was left there like Touko was friend with Sachi since early day in school or maybe even before all 5 of them together. I think Sachi just doesn't want David to take Touko away from her and she has a very good reason for that, as she said in the episode that since David appeared everyone get shattered away from each other as if he is like a rock that break a beautiful glass into pieces and never become the same ever again, maybe the shattering glass in this episode was intend for that.

As for Yanagi's fanservice, I think it was a very good demonstrate what a person can do what she normally CAN"T when her mind is concentrate on something else. I think she was trying to change herself anew and then she took a shower after coming out she walked a cross the house while naked, not because she want or can but rather she wasn't thinking about it because maybe her mind was somewhere else. I think she just trying to do something new by running(not the walking naked).

As for Hiro, as opposite to what most people believed, I think he was just hating himself for what he almost did to Touko and David. He knows he is head over heels for Sachi and because of that he lets Sachi uses him as a way for break Touko and David without even realized that. Most people blame the others for what they did wrong but some blame themselves. I think Yanagi and Hiro are doing the same thing they are trying to change themselves and find a way how to face tomorrow and not running away.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
I have no idea what to make of this anime anymore... lol

Aug 23, 2014 6:12 PM
Aug 2014
I think
1. those fragments is just her imagination in reality she just want kakeru to make out with her
2. Why did she back away?? I would let that hunk kiss me <3 come on touku!! u know u want it ur just playing hard to get! :p
3. I thought yanagi was going to yukinari a surprise like lay down on the bed and.....
(Or is that just me)
4. I don't like Sachs my phone just autocorrect it and I dislike her so much I won't even fix it
She trying to get in the middle of touku and kakeru c***block a bit much?? Excuse my language :3
Aug 23, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
Sachi reminds me of Asami from Myself;Yourself.
Both are lesbians that will do anything to get the girl they want.
Aug 23, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
This is the only anime that I'm watching right now that gives me emotional stress. Seriously, I mean it's not like the anime is awesome or anything like that, but the way all the characters treat poor old David when he really hasn't done anything wrong is just crazy to me.

And yeah, I freaking hate Sacchan the most. She's all cute and innocent but inside she's a real bitch.
Aug 24, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2012
SirMaddy said:
Sachi reminds me of Asami from Myself;Yourself.
Both are lesbians that will do anything to get the girl they want.

sachi really hasn't done anything in all honesty.
Aug 24, 2014 12:50 AM
Dec 2013
Ha! I totally understand this anime...
Pfft, who am I kidding XD
Aug 24, 2014 2:51 AM
Oct 2013
I'll seriously consider dropping this show if this goes on.
Aug 24, 2014 3:21 AM

Jan 2011
GoMarcia said:
I hate Sachi

This.
And Touko.
Score down to 6/10. What a load of crap this show has become.
Aug 24, 2014 4:54 AM

Jun 2010
Touko and Kakeru are just plain crazy, I reckon. Kakeru is so weird. Do his parents know he's nuts? The way his mum asked him if he was having fun living there was odd. She didn't smile and that's pretty much all she said, like she wasn't trying to press him to tell her how he was doing. His answer was pretty vague, like he wasn't sure what 'fun' was. Or I could be reading too much into it. He's definitely a nut job, though.
Yana walking around naked was silly.
And what's with all these mature hiking teenagers?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 5:15 AM

Oct 2013
i have a feeling this show could get really fucked up if it watned too
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 24, 2014 7:05 AM

Aug 2013
we need more Yanagi and Yuki :(
My Candies:
Aug 24, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
THE WINTER IS COMING--
Ahahaha, nope, it's just another trainwreck of a episode for Glasslip. At least Hiro does the right thing and doesn't give a shit 'bout that little witch Sachi. And only five episodes left. I wonder if this anime will have ANY closure, as it's eight episodes in and it actually STILL didn't introduce anything akin to a plot. Oh, those little scraps of conflict here and there? Yeah, I don't think so. Glasslip, either you be a love triangle-rectangular-whatever or go full glass prophecies because right now you're trying to be both and you suck at it.
Aug 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
AlexGK said:
GoMarcia said:
I hate Sachi

This.
And Touko.
Score down to 6/10. What a load of crap this show has become.

You act like this hasn't been crap from the very get-go.
Aug 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2008
y123y said:

I think Hiro realizes that Sacchi never liked him and was only using him for her own selfish reasons.

And I think that the fragments just shows what people are feeling or what they are currently doing. So when she saw Evil Kakeru kissing her, she probably saw what Kakeru was feeling for her.

I think you're right about Hiro. I had an eerie feeling about Sacchi from the start when she just started being rude to Kakeru for absolutely no reason but I didn't expect her to be so selfish and manipulative. She was just leading Hiro around by the nose all this time, it's absolutely disgusting. She goes on about 'the group' and stuff and like that but really she just wants Touko for herself and as long as the group doesn't threaten her position at Touko's side she's fine with that.

As for the fragments, that could be it, but what about the window at the glass shop breaking apart and Kakeru falling? Would it be that one of the customers were afraid of the window breaking? o.o
kuityAug 24, 2014 12:45 PM
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was a strange episode...I don't really know what to expect since none of the visions seem to be coming true...I figured Sachi was a lesbian, I hope it gets sorted out soon so that everyone can be happy!
Aug 24, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Hiro heart is broken : ( Where is he going?? Hope to find out.
Aug 24, 2014 11:04 PM

Mar 2014
Yes! More screen time for Johnathan! Not really sure whats happening but at least it's going somewhere.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 25, 2014 12:30 AM

Oct 2012
is it thurs yet?
Aug 25, 2014 2:28 AM

May 2009
The only characters I like are Yuki, Yanagi and Hiro.
The other ones are a bunch of crap. lol.
I really dont like Toukou's "EEEEEH?!!!". Please stahp. : D
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 25, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Hiro heart is broken : ( Where is he going?? Hope to find out.

He's going to his home.

ss4chris said:
is it thurs yet?

Keep this page on your tab.
http://www.animerush.tv/Glasslip-episode-9/
Aug 25, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
There is no hope for that show.
Idk who is still surprised Sachi's orientation, since I knew it already from the second or third episode?
Where this is going no one knows, but I am already bored of this whole nonsence.
Yanagi x Yukinari pls be canon.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Aug 25, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2009
Taking a shower before going on a run...
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Aug 25, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
I just hope that Hiro don't forgive Sachi so easy and so fast,judging from the preview.
Aug 25, 2014 1:56 PM
Mar 2013
Plot Twist: Touko is just Schizophrenic and this future-reading is bullcrap.
Aug 25, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
I'm surprised people can rate this more than a 5/10

Anyway, another random episode, with random things going on and awkward dialogue. I have no clue how the last five episodes can save this.

Siva said:

RDG > Glasslip though
Aug 25, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2008
I think I got this figured out.

Touko's actually in a coma. The visions she seems to be having are more like fragments related to the real world and it is actually winter in the real world. Yuki dies in a train accident coming back from camp. Yanagi loses it and kills herself (or she gets raped and killed while on a run) . Hiro dies while hiking. Sachi dies from being sick.

Kakeru is actually a part of Touko's subconscious attempts at trying to relive her summer, but this time, with a different outcome. If only things had been different, Kakeru is the response to Touko's desire to prevent the catastrophe that led her into a coma.

Will Touko awaken from her coma and move on with her life? Or is she cursed to relive her agony forever?

Only 5 episodes to find out.
Aug 25, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
^ I hope you're right, because that'd make this show a lot better.
Aug 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
did u guy saw THAT catch? so epic

http://postimg.org/image/ddm33yqxt/
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 26, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
Silver4000 said:
They keep showing fragments of the future that never happen...
So... yeah...

Two of them actually have happened so far, they just happen 2 or 3 episodes after they're shown.
Aug 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
Thespacepope said:
I think I got this figured out.

Touko's actually in a coma. The visions she seems to be having are more like fragments related to the real world and it is actually winter in the real world. Yuki dies in a train accident coming back from camp. Yanagi loses it and kills herself (or she gets raped and killed while on a run) . Hiro dies while hiking. Sachi dies from being sick.

Kakeru is actually a part of Touko's subconscious attempts at trying to relive her summer, but this time, with a different outcome. If only things had been different, Kakeru is the response to Touko's desire to prevent the catastrophe that led her into a coma.

Will Touko awaken from her coma and move on with her life? Or is she cursed to relive her agony forever?

Only 5 episodes to find out.

Is it just me or was little busters was just running through my mind whilst reading this lol. Pls no feels.

My honest opinion=I only watch this show for Touko so as long as there's Touko x Kakeru then I'm happy. Oh Yanagi fanservice is cool too. Other than that, this ep is pretty slow and the future fragments become curiouser and curiouser.
Aug 26, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Still not sure whats more awkward: Their discussions, or the show itself.

Kakeru's mother chimed in randomly, Touku chimed in there (from her mothers point of view. Thinking of it, imagine how all this must look to their parents..) just as randomly. And Touku and Kakeru have the most awkward conversations ever. Part of that is obviously because of their strange relationship, but i'm sure that could be portraited in a different way.

Only between Touku and Hina we get some relatively normal conversations, though Touko is automatically in awkward mode when the phone rings - even if it might not be Kakeru, maybe not even one of the others. I'm sure she has more than 5 people or so in there..

Yanagi running around naked - inserted randomly just like everything else, but speaking only about the fact itself, why not? She knows that she's home alone for some days. Heck, for all we know she might always leave the shower naked and only dress in her room.

Anyways, the coma explanation and similar attempts would really make things fit together. I somehow doubt that's the route they are going to take though...
Aug 27, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder if these extreme "visions" Touko is having (birds flying around Yanagi, Glass shattering in glass store, snow, etc.) are actually hallucinations. Maybe this will turn into a "dementia" series and Touko will have these crazy visions all the time. Then this series might actually be interesting.

But then I'll feel bad for Touko's family :(

Anyway, I hope Hiro dumps Sacchan. She deserves it for almost ruining Touko's date!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2010
Why such dramatic screenshots during the Yanagi changing clothes scene...? And the fanservice was pretty extreme, too...

Explain me why was Yana running in place of Yuki... ?

I don't care about this show at all, give me my love back. I wish this anime was given in some pro's hand and is completely redone. Seriously the premise is so promising and then it gets worse and finally turns into something utterly ridiculous...
Aug 27, 2014 10:48 PM
Dec 2013
I was thinking if it's possible that the 2 extra David were from different timeline. I mean mabye that's why they know the future? I don't know but David's parent knows something.... Abd what's with the sudden fanservice? as for Sachi... d*e! XD
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.