Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2009
I still don't know how I feel about this show, except that Yana is hot and Sacchan is cute.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 14, 2014 1:47 PM
Jun 2014
Read this earlier on CR: “Well every instance of 'attractive' or 'hot' was a translation choice for the word 'kakkoii'. They are not necessarily wrong, but it may have been better to translate the word as 'cool' instead. 'Kakkoii' has strong overtones of admiration and also softer undertones of physical attraction. The word is translated as 'cool' or 'attractive' depending upon the context of the situation.”

That said, I actually loved this episode. The end is a bit trippy but I’m really loving the developments so far. I have always felt that the “we see the future” thing was a bit silly, and it wouldn’t shock me if it had more to do with mental state and perception than magic or psychic powers.

As far as Sachi and Hiro: She clearly sprung the “boyfriend” thing on him, and I love that. Why? It’s realistic. Oftentimes people just end up in relationships as opposed to purposefully choosing them. You hang out with a friend you’ve found attractive and then suddenly you’re in a relationship before you even realize it. It also speaks to how she used him. He clearly cares for her (if in a childish and immature way), yet she has shown no such indication. She lied to him about getting tests just so she could hang out with Touko (which, why? Once before she said that Touko was coming and so he sneaked out, but this time is different?). I’ve been in a similar situation before so it hurts to watch. That look on his face? UGH.

RE: Yuki, Kakeru, Yana, and Touko (plus Hina) - Yuki lost his mojo whenever Kakeru faced him down. His response? Why, none at all. He let two girls stand in for him, and regardless of how right or wrong he was in not racing, it was likely a blow to his eighteen-year-old-masculinity. His confidence has already been an issue as seen in his race. Regarding his staring at Hina...she just chased him down on a bike to tell him to stay cool...are you seriously suggesting you wouldn’t stare down someone that did that???

I think Hina did it because she thinks that her sister likes him, because nothing seems to say that she has feelings for him. If anything, she is clearly concerned with her sister’s wellbeing. Yana appears to be lashing out because Yuki isn’t being the man she wants him to be, and she’s likely hurt hasn’t done anything about her confession.

Touko is...Touko. I think the notion that she is seeing people’s feelings/hearts is fairly reasonable, I’m not 100%, though. Yuki told Yana that he would figure something out in a previous episode, so I’m assuming that he has been thinking and contemplating what his next step will be, but a guy taking time to process his emotions isn’t exactly cool, now is it?

Seems that Kakeru hasn’t really done much wrong, the race instance aside. He doesn’t deserve the hatred of the characters, but it is understandable. When things shift and change we, as a species, do not like it. It makes us uncomfortable and disoriented, and as a result we often lash out at whatever appears to be causing our problems as opposed to handling the problem we actually have.

Lastly, the two imaginary Kakeru’s. It’s not the slightest bit weird to me. Hasn’t Kakeru seemed a bit “off” since he first stepped onto the scene? I’ve also found his relationship with his parents to be outside the realm of healthy. Also, I really do think these “sparkles” have something to do with their mental states.

To say the least, I’m excited to see where this goes, and doubly thrilled annoying manga fans aren’t able to whine like in Tokyo Ghoul.
Aug 14, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
“Please stay attractive.”

“It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore.”

“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Aug 14, 2014 1:51 PM
Jun 2014
AttackOnWaifu said:
StarryKite said:

It was clearly said by Yanagi, no? But... geez, I dunno what could happen. I mean, she sees Kakeru probably dying and her reaction was still not THAT hysterical as this one.

I think she just had a traumatic even connected with ravens in her childhood.

Ah I didn't catch who the voice belonged to. So it was Yana that said it eh? I just don't understand why her inner feelings saying they are a cute couple would cause her to freak out lol. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

When I saw that she said that, I interpreted it as her hearing Yana talk AS she had a hallucination, not that the talking was a part of the hallucination itself.
Aug 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
The episodes are making less and less sense. Some parts were just awkward and the "attractive" translations was weird too.

So the David have a multiple personality disorder or something? SPD? And it seems like Touko's vision isn't exactly the future.

The one relationship that was going well and made sense is ruined now. Idk if I can keep watching. Hoping it'll get better.
Aug 14, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
I am just laughing because really...what is this show about?i still have no idea XD

Sachi is so nicely manipulative.
Will Yuki and Touko's sister be a thing?

but tbh,i don't even give a shit because what is this show
Aug 14, 2014 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Kakeru's Bizarre Adventure: Glassslip Crusaders.

Seriously,this show's writing is kind of ridiculous and I am not sure whether it is on purpose or not. It's getting better,but it's still bad,but not so much that I have urge to drop it.
Aug 14, 2014 2:11 PM

Dec 2013
Why do I still get the feeling that Sachi likes Touko ? Futhermore it seems like Kakeru doesn't see Touko as his girlfriend.

''Please stay attractive/cool'' ''Yuki isn't attractive/cool anymore because of you'' -> wow maybe the last episodes will focus on Yuki and how he gets his attractiveness back because at this point I don't have an idea what the anime is really about.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Aug 14, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
Wild_Lynx said:
Sacchan is yuri and she likes Touko. Confirmed, poor that boy Hiro.
Wild_Lynx said:
Wild_Lynx said:
so much weird thing happening and those are so random :I...still not boring,tho

Phoenix1220 said:
I think the reason why she freaked out and saw the birds and stuff and Kakeru falling is perhaps she can see people's true feelings?

Yep,thats what i was thinking...

Touko keep seing those visions through glasses(reflection?)...She once saw herself kissing David or something like that when she looked herself in the mirror...Maybe she see what people desire/think/feel....
Aug 14, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
What just happened now? Sachi just said "He's my boyfriend", like wtf, did he even know it? LOL It was really unexpected but I guess that's something awesome since I love romance as one of my favorite genres.
Sachi ftw! Sachi's so kawaii, kyaaaaa!

The sister of Sachi's "boyfriend" seems to be sick or something, she was almost crying at the hospital. Drama to add up in the romance? Perfect?

Am I the only one who loves this animation?

I didn't understand the thing with Touko's sister, what does she want? She doesn't even know him yet lol.

Sachi wtf? She hates Kakeru because he splits everybody? Like what the fuck, in life everyone will eventually split and proceed their path, there's nothing strange on it... And she's mad while her friends still visit her everyday? *facepalm*
She probably thinks that she's gonna marry all her friends and that they'll live in the same house until they all die, being friends forever -.-'
Not wanting her friends to proceed their lives it's just too selfish.

Still not understanding that "attractive" thing ._.
Aug 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
b1GZZ said:
The sister of Sachi's "boyfriend" seems to be sick or something, she was almost crying at the hospital. Drama to add up in the romance? Perfect?

It was implied somewhere that she's in a relationship and that her boyfriend/husband is hospitalized.
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Aug 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2012
There is some uneasiness in watching every episode of this show. I haven't been able to tell up untill now but there are some scenes in each ep that seems to be really off, be it those weird stills or this time Momo crying and the parts where Kakeru was talking to himself. He really doesn't fit into this world (and he doesn't even act like normal highschooler). His existence is like an imperfect metaphor and as Yanagi said - it is Kakeru who doesn't belong here, he is abnormality that should be gotten rid off.

It would be great if this was all intentional but I guess that bad writing and production is to blame here.
Aug 14, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2012
Cervial said:
Read this earlier on CR: “Well every instance of 'attractive' or 'hot' was a translation choice for the word 'kakkoii'. They are not necessarily wrong, but it may have been better to translate the word as 'cool' instead. 'Kakkoii' has strong overtones of admiration and also softer undertones of physical attraction. The word is translated as 'cool' or 'attractive' depending upon the context of the situation.”

That said, I actually loved this episode. The end is a bit trippy but I’m really loving the developments so far. I have always felt that the “we see the future” thing was a bit silly, and it wouldn’t shock me if it had more to do with mental state and perception than magic or psychic powers.

As far as Sachi and Hiro: She clearly sprung the “boyfriend” thing on him, and I love that. Why? It’s realistic. Oftentimes people just end up in relationships as opposed to purposefully choosing them. You hang out with a friend you’ve found attractive and then suddenly you’re in a relationship before you even realize it. It also speaks to how she used him. He clearly cares for her (if in a childish and immature way), yet she has shown no such indication. She lied to him about getting tests just so she could hang out with Touko (which, why? Once before she said that Touko was coming and so he sneaked out, but this time is different?). I’ve been in a similar situation before so it hurts to watch. That look on his face? UGH.

RE: Yuki, Kakeru, Yana, and Touko (plus Hina) - Yuki lost his mojo whenever Kakeru faced him down. His response? Why, none at all. He let two girls stand in for him, and regardless of how right or wrong he was in not racing, it was likely a blow to his eighteen-year-old-masculinity. His confidence has already been an issue as seen in his race. Regarding his staring at Hina...she just chased him down on a bike to tell him to stay cool...are you seriously suggesting you wouldn’t stare down someone that did that???

I think Hina did it because she thinks that her sister likes him, because nothing seems to say that she has feelings for him. If anything, she is clearly concerned with her sister’s wellbeing. Yana appears to be lashing out because Yuki isn’t being the man she wants him to be, and she’s likely hurt hasn’t done anything about her confession.

Touko is...Touko. I think the notion that she is seeing people’s feelings/hearts is fairly reasonable, I’m not 100%, though. Yuki told Yana that he would figure something out in a previous episode, so I’m assuming that he has been thinking and contemplating what his next step will be, but a guy taking time to process his emotions isn’t exactly cool, now is it?

Seems that Kakeru hasn’t really done much wrong, the race instance aside. He doesn’t deserve the hatred of the characters, but it is understandable. When things shift and change we, as a species, do not like it. It makes us uncomfortable and disoriented, and as a result we often lash out at whatever appears to be causing our problems as opposed to handling the problem we actually have.

Lastly, the two imaginary Kakeru’s. It’s not the slightest bit weird to me. Hasn’t Kakeru seemed a bit “off” since he first stepped onto the scene? I’ve also found his relationship with his parents to be outside the realm of healthy. Also, I really do think these “sparkles” have something to do with their mental states.

To say the least, I’m excited to see where this goes, and doubly thrilled annoying manga fans aren’t able to whine like in Tokyo Ghoul.

we need more intelligent/ analytical/ nonbiased people like you for this anime :3
Aug 14, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
I dnt understand how Sachi and Hiro are already boyfriend girlfriend
no explanation wat so ever
And the beginning as well Touka and Kakeru they're holding hands WTF?!
are they together without confessin to each other?
plus Mr. David didn't answer Touka for wat she asked later on
This episode just blew up with bunch of random things
Aug 14, 2014 2:42 PM
May 2011
I don't know if I just started giving any ... or this episode was especially bad and unnatural? All Touko and David dialogues seem very fake, a lot of random scenes, music seems out of place, no atmosphere at all. And that's leaving out the plot or absence of such. I guess they are planning to shock us in the last few episode, but without the character development it all seem pretty pointless. Or thinking optimistically, they might go Steins:Gate route, where everything starts to actually move in the second half, it's still not too late for that.
Aug 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2014
This going to end like school days. Yana going to be cutting a bitch.

ss4chris said:

we need more intelligent/ analytical/ nonbiased people like you for this anime :3

Hey now, I wrote a pretty lengthy/analytical post on this too. :P And I don't think I was being biased. Personally, I think people need to separate their dislike for David as a written character, and how the character is treated in the world plot wise. As I said, there is no reason why in the plot any character should have hatred for him. Sachi doing what she did was pretty ridiculous.

I can understand why the group doesn't like change. We are a creature of habit. But jumping from dislike to hate..is pretty damn extreme. Especially when the tension really has nothing to do with David, but Yuki's own hang ups with Touko. Had David never came into town, the group was heading for some problems regardless. I guess it's easier to blame an outsider (human nature). But it doesn't change the fact that Sachi's move was beyond shitty (which is why Hiro left upset).

AttackOnWaifuAug 14, 2014 2:49 PM
Aug 14, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
I don't think Sachi and Hiro being boyfriend/girlfriend is random. They were going on dates. It just feels strange for them to acknowledge they are in a relationship off screen. Or rather, for that transition to happen without us seeing it. I didn't take the scene as Sachi telling Hiro that they were boyfriend/girlfriend for the first time. I'm pretty sure he already viewed it that way. Rather, he was nervous that she was putting him on the spot in front of her mom. Anyone would get nervous around a parent of the person you are dating (he didn't expect her to tell her mom that so suddenly). Hell, I think Hiro saw them as dating before Sachi did (hence why his grandpa..or is it his dad? Kept saying they were dates. And Sachi was saying they were just hanging out).

Anyways, semantics aside, I think the reason it rubs people the wrong way, is that the overall show kind of jumps around without transition. Touko holding David's hand? Sachi going from one episode where she says they are just hanging out, to the next saying they are boyfriend girlfriend, and doing it in front of her mom? Basically, the show has odd pacing, and doesn't really handle transitions well. So logically, them being bf/gf makes sense. But it feels kind of strange from a plot execution perspective.
Aug 14, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
AttackOnWaifu said:

ss4chris said:

Hey now, I wrote a pretty lengthy/analytical post on this too. :P And I don't think I was being biased. Personally, I think people need to separate their dislike for David as a written character, and how the character is treated in the world plot wise. As I said, there is no reason why in the plot any character should have hatred for him. Sachi doing what she did was pretty ridiculous.

I can understand why the group doesn't like change. We are a creature of habit. But jumping from dislike to hate..is pretty damn extreme. Especially when the tension really has nothing to do with David, but Yuki's own hang ups with Touko. Had David never came into town, the group was heading for some problems regardless. I guess it's easier to blame an outsider (human nature). But it doesn't change the fact that Sachi's move was beyond shitty (which is why Hiro left upset).

his stuck out sorry :P i didnt read yours

But ya the hate for one char without much action is immense and not needed.

I look forward to the ending of this anime
Feb 2013
Dat overhormoned middle schoolers.
Dat plotting sick bitch.
Dat suddenly-not-attractive-anymore-Yuki-because-weird-guy-did-something.
(But hey, even middle schoolers see that)

So many drama, my headz gonna explode.
kcuf

May 2009
-Resident- said:
Apparently Kakeru has DID now, perfect addition to his "character".

It's not Dissociative Identity Disorder that Kakeru has. Initially it passed through me too.. and I was like wtf? But it's rather just his own imaginary personas that keep him company. Like an imaginary friend. He's been alone most of his life, so you give birth to these personas to keep you "sane". To talk to, cos you have no one else.
It's no the same as DID. That's more acute where the person usually does not know that the personalities exist, that one's identity is split up. Here, it's self creation.

The sound effects at the sudden parts were.. mind boggling. It jolted me right off my seat.. but otherwise.. mixing in ominous moments with "funny" ones. Gehhhh.. The setup was a failure. I didn't mind that the scenes appeared fragmented. But the scores could have been dealt with much better. I'm getting annoyed at the painted stills. It's like they want to de-signify that from its steretypical usage. It's failing. Miserably.

Yuki is "not attractive". Aaaahahahaha. What kind of dialogue is that?? Is that an accurate translation?? Swimsuit fangirls.. wtf? What was the point of that? "Stay attractive!"??? LMAO.
Show gets weirder.

I'm interested in Escher's significance.. that painting of the illusion. When Touko saw Kakeru fall, it totally reminded me of this little story.. "The Little Harmonic Labyrinth" from Godel Escher Bach.
Hmm... what is this show upto?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 2:57 PM
Jun 2014
AttackOnWaifu said:

ss4chris said:

Oh yes, it was undoubtedly an awful thing to do, but it makes sense in that "it doesn't make sense". How many great works of literature have focused on the sheer and utter irrationality of hatred, love, and jealousy? Moby Dick? Great Expectations? Romeo & Juliet?

Not to compare Glasslip to those, but we often see how blind and foolish such emotions inherently are. Disdain and adoration are things that can be earned, justified even. Yet hatred and love are given at the behest of a person's heart; neither can be something you "deserve". They sit beyond reason.
Aug 14, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2010
"It's your fault Yuki's not attractive anymore."

Huh? That made no sense. -_-
Aug 14, 2014 3:02 PM
May 2011
AttackOnWaifu said:

Anyways, semantics aside, I think the reason it rubs people the wrong way, is that the overall show kind of jumps around without transition. Touko holding David's hand? Sachi going from one episode where she says they are just hanging out, to the next saying they are boyfriend girlfriend, and doing it in front of her mom? Basically, the show has odd pacing, and doesn't really handle transitions well. So logically, them being bf/gf makes sense. But it feels kind of strange from a plot execution perspective.

I agree, it all makes sense on paper, I imagine initial plot is very logical. But in terms of the delivery this anime... maan, what a shame.
Aug 14, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
Cervial said:
AttackOnWaifu said:

Oh yes, it was undoubtedly an awful thing to do, but it makes sense in that "it doesn't make sense". How many great works of literature have focused on the sheer and utter irrationality of hatred, love, and jealousy? Moby Dick? Great Expectations? Romeo & Juliet?

Not to compare Glasslip to those, but we often see how blind and foolish such emotions inherently are. Disdain and adoration are things that can be earned, justified even. Yet hatred and love are given at the behest of a person's heart; neither can be something you "deserve". They sit beyond reason.

True. But I think what is hurting this show though, is that they haven't really done enough of a good job IMO making us like or care about these characters. And so you have these characters who's relationship is kind of built on a fragile premise, and then you have people being bitter/petty and sniping people's happiness. I actually feel bad for Hiro. He seems like the only nice person who thinks about others happiness before his own. And to be quite honest, I really don't understand why Sachi feels the need to have that level of hatred/bitterness. That's my problem i suppose. What's it to her if her friend is happy and dating David? Maybe we'll find out there is more to it.

I dunno.
Aug 14, 2014 3:08 PM
Oct 2012
So like.. i see Glasslip as a piece of a broken ''Attempt'' right now.. i kinda hope that in the end it will make at least a little bit of sense.. but even some taped together broken glass is shitty to watch through entirely
Aug 14, 2014 3:09 PM
Jul 2013
When the episode started, the first thing I thought was: "How many episodes did I just miss?" I don't know if Touko really does like David. I feel like she's just trying to figure out what her visions represent, and being with David will help her find out. However, that doesn't mean I think she's purposely being manipulative, I think she's unconsciously doing it this way.
Also, with Touko's vision of David falling, there could really be two interpretations to that:
1. He was "falling", but not physically. (ie. falling in love?) because no one drops into the field looking things in her vision (the only time you see those green squares is when you're in an airplane)
2. He literally did fall somewhere (which could explain his DID)
Aug 14, 2014 3:11 PM

Sep 2010
“Let’s go to the beach sometime” - Touko
“The sound of waves makes me feel tingly” - Kakeru
Probably the stupidest two lines I’ve ever heard at the beginning of an episode

Same goes for the “please stay attractive” line from Touko’s sister.
Who goes on a bike and does that?

What the hell happened to Touko at the end?
Aug 14, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
I mean really when you think about it, it's Yuki being an asshole that is causing all the problems. He can't let go of his romantic feelings for Touko, and he can't handle another guy dating her. His tension with David is really the thing that is causing all the problems with this group (the tension he creates almost bubbles beneath the surface and starts to be toxic for everyone else). He's not happy, and so he can't allow Touko to be happy with someone else. Then Sachi I guess, blames David irrationaly (because it's easier to blame someone outside the group) for this tension in the group existing. You basically have 3 people that are being negatively impacted by Yuki (Yana + Yuki + Touko). If Yuki would stop, then the group could include David and things could go back to normal.

But nope. David gets thrown under the bus, and is being blamed for everything. And Touko is pretty much being treated like an object. God forbid she wants to be happy. Fuck that. The group matters most, and if Yuki wants to throw a fit, I guess the answer is to just give David the boot. Sigh. lol

All this makes sense logically I suppose. I don't think Sachi should hate David (I find that baffling tbh). But I can understand her not liking him, and pushing the blame on him irrationally, because that's what people do sometimes. But I think my issue is just....how weird emotion is displayed and explained in this show. It's almost subdued, and not really fleshed out. You always got a sense that Yuki and Sachi didn't like David upon first seeing him. Why? Well, for Yuki it could explained as another man coming into his territory with the girl he loves. But I dunno, it feels like something more then that. But it's the unexplained emotional irrationality that comes off bizarre in this show.
Aug 14, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2009
Jirou_Takashi said:

You don't need to say things overtly. The relationship is understood between the two of you. Sachi is acknowledging Hiro's affection for her and accepts him. Although, she's also using his feelings.
As for Touko n Kakeru, you don't need to label yourself as bf/gf. For Kakeru, this labeling is superficial. For Touko, she wants an affirmation. You can hold hands. You acknowledge the person means more to you. It wasn't out of place.

It's funny that when it's all in a story people want every detail explained.

Cervial said:
She lied to him about getting tests just so she could hang out with Touko (which, why? Once before she said that Touko was coming and so he sneaked out, but this time is different?). I’ve been in a similar situation before so it hurts to watch. That look on his face? UGH.

Lol. She lied to him because she knows he'll feel awkward. Even if she's using his feeling for her sake when it comes to Touko/David, she does care about Hiro's feelings when he's alone with her. It's not any different from the other time when he sneaked out. Hiro himself hasn't told anyone officially, so it'll be really awkward.

StarryKite said:
AttackOnWaifu said:
But I wonder who would have said "you make a cute couple"...who's inter-personal feelings are that, and why would it make her shriek in horror?

It was clearly said by Yanagi, no? But... geez, I dunno what could happen. I mean, she sees Kakeru probably dying and her reaction was still not THAT hysterical as this one.

LMAO!!! hahahahaha!!! What kind of an interpretation is that? LOL. She's freaked out because the ravens were SO vivid this time and coming right at her. Not because Yanagi said that they made a cute couple. :)))))
And yeah, even I felt that it was Yanagi who said it right when she "sparkled".
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
Kundalini said:
Jirou_Takashi said:

You don't need to say things overtly. The relationship is understood between the two of you. Sachi is acknowledging Hiro's affection for her and accepts him. Although, she's also using his feelings.
As for Touko n Kakeru, you don't need to label yourself as bf/gf. For Kakeru, this labeling is superficial. For Touko, she wants an affirmation. You can hold hands. You acknowledge the person means more to you. It wasn't out of place.

It's funny that when it's all in a story people want every detail explained.

Cervial said:
She lied to him about getting tests just so she could hang out with Touko (which, why? Once before she said that Touko was coming and so he sneaked out, but this time is different?). I’ve been in a similar situation before so it hurts to watch. That look on his face? UGH.

Lol. She lied to him because she knows he'll feel awkward. Even if she's using his feeling for her sake when it comes to Touko/David, she does care about Hiro's feelings when he's alone with her. It's not any different from the other time when he sneaked out. Hiro himself hasn't told anyone officially, so it'll be really awkward.

StarryKite said:

LMAO!!! hahahahaha!!! What kind of an interpretation is that? LOL. She's freaked out because the ravens were SO vivid this time and coming right at her. Not because Yanagi said that they made a cute couple. :)))))

Well no shit lol (about the ravens). We were saying it was the vision of the ravens + what was said (possibly). But you are right, it could have just purely been the vision of the ravens. However she starts to panic when she hears the voice (slightly before the ravens fly at her). You have to understand that, we can't assume we saw everything that she saw. So when we heard "you make a cute couple" I have no idea what the context of that is. If it's just audio w/ no visual, or something she sees + audio. But yes, we see the Ravens. So we can at least assume that's what scared her.

Was just wondering if there was more to it. :P
Aug 14, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
Kundalini said:

No, she just felt the intense jealousy (borderline to hate) comming from one of her best friend... the raven are just an image of this
Aug 14, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2009
AttackOnWaifu said:

Well no shit lol (about the ravens). We were saying it was the vision of the ravens + what was said (possibly). But you are right, it could have just purely been the vision of the ravens. However she starts to panic when she hears the voice (slightly before the ravens fly at her). You have to understand that, we can't assume we saw everything that she saw. So when we heard "you make a cute couple" I have no idea what the context of that is. If it's just audio w/ no visual, or something she sees + audio. But yes, we see the Ravens. So we can at least assume that's what scared her.

She doesn't panic before the ravens.. She just had that "bling" moment. So she's frozen because it's so unexpected. But she panics when she believes the ravens flew right at her.
Yanagi's voice kinda goes into echo mode.. so it's still a wonder if it was her "inner voice" or her actual dialogue.
Till now, no other vision she had was this clear or this real. Kakeru falling was also.. just a falling.. but that Escher's painting behind makes me wonder about the meaning of it. It could indeed be people's feelings that she sees.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2009
Tryss said:
No, she just felt the intense jealousy (borderline to hate) comming from one of her best friend... the raven are just an image of this

Well, to put it that way yeah. The shock from the feeling + the shock from the image. She did try to defend herself from the illusion of the ravens.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
Kundalini said:
AttackOnWaifu said:

She doesn't panic before the ravens.. She just had that "bling" moment. So she's frozen because it's so unexpected. But she panics when she believes the ravens flew right at her.
Yanagi's voice kinda goes into echo mode.. so it's still a wonder if it was her "inner voice" or her actual dialogue.
Till now, no other vision she had was this clear or this real. Kakeru falling was also.. just a falling.. but that Escher's painting behind makes me wonder about the meaning of it. It could indeed be people's feelings that she sees.

Fair enough. It was just the ravens. I still am curious wtf the voice was. Everyone says it was Yana. So in what situation is Yana saying it? I can admit it's irrelevant t the freak out (since it seems she only screamed over the vision of ravens). Still curious.

Have we ever gotten around to seeing Yana cry? Remember when Touko had a vision of her crying, and said she would make her cry. Has that happened yet? Or are we still waiting on that to eventually happen? I guess a lot of this show is these little future things we don't always get to right away.
Aug 14, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
FiePhie said:
I actually like this anime, but..
This episode, what the fuck?
I didn't understand why she screamed at the end...

Same here,i like this anime and defended it whenever people thrashtalk it but this episode..... everything is getting fucked up for useless reasons.
Aug 14, 2014 3:42 PM
Feb 2010
For me, the "You make a cute couple" phrase was said with certain animosity and maybe unjustified bitterness. That's what I think the ravens represented as well. So I guess she is not really seeing the future as much as she is seeing true or buried feelings of people around her that are not voiced aloud.
Aug 14, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2013
"Please stay attractive."... Who the fuck is writing these pieces of dialogue?!
And Kakeru remains a cunt as always
Aug 14, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2009
AttackOnWaifu said:
Have we ever gotten around to seeing Yana cry? Remember when Touko had a vision of her crying, and said she would make her cry. Has that happened yet? Or are we still waiting on that to eventually happen? I guess a lot of this show is these little future things we don't always get to right away.

Then again, I'm wondering, do we need to see Yana actually cry during screen-time as evidence. Yana has been upset plenty.
Like Kakeru is saying, it may not be the future, because if one is seeing the future, it will make anyone scared to even venture out of the house. He's kinda putting a logical conclusion to it.. though I guess it's his defence mechanism that says that these visions are not to be feared in a premonition sort of way.

Guess it's a version of emotional telepathy.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
So, I suppose it's safe to assume at least three members of the cast are mentally deranged or extremely vindictive. If David falling to his death comes true, you can bet it'll be at the hands of one of Touko's lunatic friends, of whom I hate immensely because of their angsty and outlandish behavior.

This show has just been a mostly uneventful, poorly structured, awkward, cringe-worthy mess with a poorly written plot and even worse characters. 5 episodes left, I wonder if GLIP can get it's shit together by then..
Aug 14, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
As if one Okikura wasn't annoying enough,let's add 2 more for triple the misery.

Something about Yuki being unattractive because of Okikura.And Hina telling him to "Please stay attractive!"

Sachi's called Hiro her "boyfriend",then something happened to stir up drama between them (because everyone deserves a ride the the drama train).

Yana yelling at Touko/Okikura like usually.

Some vision about crows?

Honestly was barely paying attention while watching.
VanishingKiraAug 14, 2014 4:07 PM
Aug 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
The cringe continues.
Aug 14, 2014 4:22 PM
Aug 2013
I've been watching this show since day one and the entire show feels so... uneventful and pointless. A lot of this drama they are showing us could be entertaining, if not for the incredibly banal dialogue that doesn't really advance the plot (if it still exists).

Coming from the studio that made Nagi no Asukara, I really expected better. And the heavy use of stills to save on animation labor... come on! Even Nagi no Asukara didn't have as many stills as this show did.

Furthermore, this show doesn't know what it wants to be - does it want to be a slice of life show with some dramatic elements, does it want to have an overarching storyline? Everything about this show, from the flat characters to the boring and banal dialogue gives off the impression that the people working on this didn't have much focus on what they wanted this show to be about to begin with.

I'm going to stick till the end, though.
Aug 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
DejWoSWK said:

Haha! Fitting, considering Jonathan the chicken.

I understood nothing about this episode.

1. Why are there three Kakerus all of a sudden?
2. Why is Kakeru's mom such a MILF?
3. What was Hiro's older sister doing in the hospital? Is she pregnant with Hiro's child?
4. Why is the dialogue so hilarious?
5. And when does Yanagi develop the ability to summon ravens? And why is Touko so afraid of said ravens?
Aug 14, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
Mormegil said:
DejWoSWK said:

Haha! Fitting, considering Jonathan the chicken.

I understood nothing about this episode.

1. Why are there three Kakerus all of a sudden?

2. Why is Kakeru's mom such a MILF?
3. What was Hiro's older sister doing in the hospital? Is she pregnant with Hiro's child?
4. Why is the dialogue so hilarious?
5. And when does Yanagi develop the ability to summon ravens? And why is Touko so afraid of said ravens?

1.He's probably mental or its a wayy he copes with loneliness I:E creating different persona's.

2. Cause... why does this matter?

3. Her boyfriend works there, pay attention to details.

4) IDK

5)There are a lot of theories in this thread. Try one of those.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 14, 2014 4:44 PM
Jul 2012
I'm actually really conflicted with this series because while I hated Nagi no Asukara I figured I'd give this one a shot and well. Any hope of a cohesive plot was down the drain by episode 2. Personally, I like Kakeru. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Tsumugu (who was pretty much the reason I got through Nagi), or maybe I just genuinely like him? It is a mystery

episode 7 was completely wack though jeez kakeru's weird hallucinations appear to not only be auditory, and his parents look to be having a serious talk about something, perhaps regarding him? Maybe his little mental clones are his way to combat lonliness, like imaginary friends when you're small.

With his relationship with Touko however, I didn't see it as him not answering her. It felt more like he was confused too, asking her if their relationship was more than just two people with similar powers, as if he didn't know what an actual friendly/romantic relationship was or felt like.

Yanagi's line came out of nowhere to me, I don't get it at all. I believe she's blaming him for making Yuki seem less attractive in her eyes, but that's not really Kakeru's fault. That's on her.

Touko's hallucination was trippy and I hope they explain that soon, to at least keep up the appearance of an actual plotline.
Pinball-BlizzardAug 14, 2014 4:59 PM
Aug 14, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
pretty good episode
i hate sachi as always, yuki is a stupid buthurt kid, hiro is a nice guy, touko is a good girl (still a drama queen tho), yana-chan is pretty much like touko, but a little more influences by yuki (ofc) and sachi. kakeru is just a weirdo

still about kakeru... imo his character is not genuine, his weirdness is too forced, and i am not talking about his taste to music or anything, i am really talking about social awkwardness. they tried to force it and i think the outcome was just an unrealistic mc
Aug 14, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
BlueXIII said:
So, I suppose it's safe to assume at least three members of the cast are mentally deranged or extremely vindictive. If David falling to his death comes true, you can bet it'll be at the hands of one of Touko's lunatic friends, of whom I hate immensely because of their angsty and outlandish behavior.

This show has just been a mostly uneventful, poorly structured, awkward, cringe-worthy mess with a poorly written plot and even worse characters. 5 episodes left, I wonder if GLIP can get it's shit together by then..

Lol damn are we really expecting that dark of an ending? Tonally this anime is so laid back it almost comes off as lethargic or comatose. Would be insane if it had an extreme shift towards the back half and the ending was depressing and dark.
Aug 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2013
I think I'll chalk up "please stay attractive" and "it's your fault Yuki's not attractive" to bad translation. Though I know the characters actually meant "cool," the writing is still bad and the dialogue is still cringe-worthy >__<

So wait is Kakeru and Touko dating now? Like for real? ? I mean a girl (in an anime) wouldn't give a boy matching stuff right? I know they had a moment during last episode, so was I supposed to treat that as a confession? Goodness that was terrible progression.

Enter Hiro and Sachi...are they dating now too or was that Sachi just joking with her mom? That's just so cruel, but then again using Hiro to ruin Touko's date proves she's capable of such things.

Enter Yana. Blames David for making Yuki uncool. Uh...I guess she meant it's David's fault that Yuki's a mess right now. Or something. Bad writing is bad.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 14, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was finally enough, seriously.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Aug 14, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
asdlolxd_ said:
I pity the mc he's hated by everyone... and he did nothing wrong.
He is hated because of his good looks and appeal apparently lol

Where is this anime going? Seriously?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.