Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 25, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
Hooray misunderstandings...the basis of all good romantic drama...

But seriously I really want to like this as a fan of NagiAsu but its as if they are just taking the tropes of that anime and not innovating at all to make it special.
Jul 25, 2014 2:35 AM

Feb 2014
The more I watch this the more I think just how terrible Touko's personality is.. like seriously. David is still the most interesting character and lol @ the comment about the most likely ship being Touko x Sachi, you're probably right with where this is going. The only thing that keeps me interested is the animation.
Jul 25, 2014 2:48 AM

Feb 2012
Needs a better director. The poor character development is really showing...
Shouldn't there be more in-depth plot about David's and Touko's future sighting? Would be much more interesting but as for now, it seems their abilities hold no important meaning. Guess that part comes later, but why late..

I just hope this will get better since I don't want the good characters, artstyle and animation go to waste.
Jul 25, 2014 3:19 AM
Dec 2013
iNorichann1 said:
Loved this episode because of the Yanagi X Kakeru scene <3
Kakeru x Yanagi OTP.

I was waiting/hoping for them to encounter and they did. u_u

MC is plain annoying and too much "EHHHHH?!". She like Kakeru and now misunderstands that super duper cute accidental hug. be jelly.

That date though,lol. And it looks like Yanagi confesses next episode?
Jul 25, 2014 4:08 AM

Apr 2010
LonelyWizard said:

heh, right :D

I almost died laughing when this scene happened.
Jul 25, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2013
Too many love confessions and some more misunderstandings.
Hiro, you just wasted a great opportunity.
Jul 25, 2014 5:20 AM

May 2009
I still like this series a lot but I agree on some that there has to be more development (:
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2013
Don't really like any of the characters so far tbh... Well maybe the crazy driver nee-chan.
Jul 25, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2010
Kind of a slower episode, and not much ultimately happened. Hiro finally went on a date with Sachi, which was cute and all, except for the fact he fell asleep. He was doing so good before too...I knew the misunderstandings would come after Kakeru was nice to Yanagi, I knew it was coming...

All in all, it was just an okay episode.
Jul 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Chopin Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 AGAIN! I'm telling you, best classical piece of Chopin
Jul 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2012
This show should be renamed to Slowslip. Is this really 1-cour?

For 4 episodes now I am asking myself what's this show is really about, nothing really happened so far. Apart from that scene with Yanagi x Kakeru there was nothing interesting this time.

AnoHana had feels. NagiAsu had drama. This anime has neither.
Jul 25, 2014 12:04 PM

Mar 2011
So many misunderstandings >.<
Also, what the hell is with Hiro. He finally scored a date and he falls asleep, lol.
Jul 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
In accordance with the preview for the next episode, basically the only sound I could make during the entire show was: Eeeeehh?????

I can't really even call it a story right now. We had bits and pieces of scenes that could very well have been from different stories all compiled into one 24 minute episode of airing.

First we have the continuation of the "Failed Confession Route": Yuki stalks Touko back to school, sits around and chats a bit. Tells her to her face (this part I love, because he actually made her realise her own undiscovered feelings, effectively killing his own chances with her) that she is in love with Kakeru. Yuki runs off, end story.

Second, we have Yannagi spraining her ankle and then calling Touko out for a chat in which she mentions (like for the third time in three episodes) that "Omahgahd, Kakeru is like, so Hot". Then she bumps into him, they have a chat in the rain and "share a moment". For some reason I get the feeling that Yannagi was telling the truth that she was never gonna confess to Yuki. Now it feels like she might try going after Kakeru to get her mind off her "un-family-like" thoughts of Yuki. In the end this'll turn into a triangle, with Yuki being completely out of the loop (he has the forever alone feel to him). That's probably gonna be the source of Yannagi's tears from Touko's clairvoyance. Who knows, maybe Yuki gets jealous that Kakeru stole all the girls in their group and goes full Yandere on him or something (lolz), and both girls will cry their eyes out in the aftermath.

Third, we have Hiro spending the summer with Sachi, doing things that Sachi likes at the expense of his own boredom. He's trying to make it seem like he's into what she does, but it doesn't seem to work. You would think this set is the most stable, but we all know that the "Hospital scene" is just around the corner.

By the way, did anyone notice how Kakeru received his "Clairvoyance" when he was listening to Classical? For one thing, I think that his type of "foresight" may actually not be so much that he "Sees" things, but he "Hears" a sentence here and a sentence there and manages to piece it together somehow. Touko on the other hand actually sees images of future events or something.

Ah well.... here's hoping that something actually happens in the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2014 2:33 PM
Feb 2014
Shit... about the only character I still liked by the 3rd episode pissed me off in this 4th episode... Hiro, u gotta b an idiot to sleep on your date...the only good reason I can think of for him doin that is that he was so excited for the date, he couldnt sleep last night... but there really was no indication for that... I'm also getting annoyed bcos I'm still scratching my head wondering why the hell he even likes Sachi...

And then the scene where Touko 'misunderstands' the situation between Yanagi and Kakeru... sigh... that part just cemented my irritation once again with Touko...

Funnily enough, I'm beginning to like Yanagi a bit more now. The part where she tries to clear things up with Touko was nice. Like the fact she doesnt mope around being heartbroken that Yukirejected her. Oh yes, speakig of likable characters, Hiro's sister is now officialky my only remaining character whom I have liked consistently.

Btw, I'm not really liking the use of Chopin's nocturne Op 9 no 2 in the series... it doesnt seem to suit the show, for some reason. Much rather they use original music.

Overall, I'm getting confused with the direction this series is taking. I was waiting for the supernatural element abt seeig the fiture thing to come up in this episode... and the only scene with it was Touko dangerously daydreaming abt it in the workshop. Well, I guess they're still building up the plot before all hell breaks loose...

then agn, I'm failing to understand the whole point of Touko even having this power... it's actually done almost nothing to influence the events of the series besides giving Kakeru and Touko some connection. Meh... will see how things go from now on... maybe everythjng will tie up later xp
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
What happened with this episode?
So many useless scenes with awkward interactions between the characters.

Duri1n said:
I'm also getting annoyed bcos I'm still scratching my head wondering why the hell he even likes Sachi...

Also this. Can someone tell me how can he be in love with such a boring girl?
Jul 25, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
Omg, the friendzone vibes are so strong. I'm such a masochist for watching this LOL. My ship is not sailing at all.

Yanagi still strikes me as the most interesting female. Sachi is another boring megane girl while Touko is all "Ehhhh?!?!" and obliviious which I don't like in a protagonist.

Not gonna expect the plot to get good anymore. I'll just sit back and enjoy the decent SOL moments they have. No matter how cruddy the plot is, it's still a good show to watch in the summer.
Jul 25, 2014 6:14 PM
Jul 2014
So many love triangles... anyway, I hope they start focusing a little more on Touka's power of seeing the future.

Also, the ending made me laugh. Falling asleep in the theater is not a good way to impress your date, haha!
Jul 25, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Every individual scene was nice and and all, but it just doesn't come together.

They also skipped pretty fast from Yanagi with a strained leg in the rain, being "saved" by Okikura, leading to the typical misunderstanding..to her running around like nothing ever happend. The whole point of the strained leg (we didn't even see how it happend) was simply to make her share a somehwat romantic moment with Okikura, so she can develop feeling for him, and to set up that misunderstanding.

She could have been hit by a bus and out cold for two years, the show would progress exactly the same.

And that glass crafting seems pointless, too. Touko never really creates something. The things she did so far where all rather simple, and we didn't even see the full process, either. It's just serves as reason for her to stare into glass all the time and get visions of the future. I would expect more of the daughter (or son) of a glass artisian with his own studio.

Given that she supposedely dreams of becoming a glass artisian like her dad, she had like 10+ years to learn already. Other people have to do that in 3 years + the theoretical side + not having direct access like that (glass crafting is a recognized job with formal training of 3 years here in Germany).

Ultimately, Touku will get Okikura. Touko is fascinated by him, they share the ability of "seeing" (hearing) the future, and Okikura literally stalked her for a bit. Yuki is out of question now anyways..so yeah, not much left. Unless she would end up without anyone, but then it would not be because Okikura chose Yanagi or anything.
Jul 25, 2014 7:48 PM
Oct 2011
This show is obviously about hiking and chicken
Should rename the show to Hicken ( imagine with gurren lagann's font )
Jul 25, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
And thus Jonathan and Roger make their triumphant return since episode 1!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 25, 2014 10:39 PM

Dec 2011
So what is this show about? Everything still feels off and awkward.

Touko parent interactions are a lot more fun to watch than the main cast so far.
Jul 25, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2014
This show felt really slow, but it's nice to see some character development (especially for the Sacchan and the short boy ^^v). Other than that, now some misunderstanding between Touko and Okikura x Yanagi relationship eh? Complicated.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 26, 2014 1:16 AM
Jul 2014
hahailham1 said:
OG-3 said:
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of life shows about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy Glasslip much more if it was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm continuing to watch this show just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' it, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.

+1 with this.

4 episode and its going nowhere. its way too slow than i expected. The story had a good premise but i wonder how it'll turn out because mostly original anime material will leave lots of plot holes.

OP, ED, Yanagi, Saori Hayami, PA Works, and curiosity keep me watching this one so i hope it turn out to be a good and memorable one

--
Anyone knows why Yanagi and Yukinari live together? Did the "kazoku" word in this episode literally means "family" because they dont bear same family name. I'm getting confused here, maybe i missed something in the first 3 episode?

I believe somewhere in the first three episodes it said they were step siblings. although I might have read this somewhere else so I'm not 100% certain
Jul 26, 2014 2:57 AM

Dec 2010
Man, Hiro is frikking retarded, I'd punch the shit out of him.

That misundertanging in the end felt kinda forced, especially if Yana isn't going to fall for Kakeru. But then again if she does, I'd be kind of content :D
Jul 26, 2014 3:49 AM
Jun 2014
Meritas said:

That misundertanging in the end felt kinda forced, especially if Yana isn't going to fall for Kakeru. But then again if she does, I'd be kind of content :D

I totally agree with that :D . And of course I'l be
content if Kakeru also falls in love with her ;)
Jul 26, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2013
I'm starting to dislike Touko now, what I mean is she confusing me who is the one she truly like?

But yeah, I hope Kakeru and Yana's bond will be more developed. If Hiro really likes Sachi then he wouldn't sleep in a movie date, not that funny.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 26, 2014 7:20 AM
Jun 2014
Yes, touko is kinda annoying:/
I liked Manaka a lot more !
So I definitely go for Kakeru x Yanagi
Jul 26, 2014 8:19 AM

Mar 2014
Meritas said:

I would lend my hand for this.
Jul 26, 2014 1:17 PM
Nov 2013
iNorichann1 said:
Yes, touko is kinda annoying:/
I liked Manaka a lot more !
So I definitely go for Kakeru x Yanagi

They're all fucking annoying. Also, this anime has probably zero or very little to say. Content is really terrible, and everything that support the show is awful, especially the characters. Guess this is only about the sound and the visuals. Besides that, there's really nothing to see. The part I like the most is the opening and the ending.
Jul 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
What to say about this anime so for it has been nothing special it's not bad but it doesn't stand out either.
And compared with some previous PA works it clearly lacks something.
Then again a studio has it good works and it's less good works and you can't expect everything to be perfect.

I thought the first episode was a bit to random and tho things got explained in the second episode it's hasn't really made up for it's randomness.
Things are still a bit messy.
This anime has some points to improve on.
Jul 26, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
Ugh.
Please get to explaining how in the hell they can see into the future and stop pulling these dramatic scenes out the ass. Still don't like David and his smartass, and damn it touko. I don't want to watch this but I'm too curious to see if it ends in Touko x Yuki.
Jul 26, 2014 9:29 PM

Jun 2012
She tripped a little and now that stupid chick thinks she digs David.
How stupid is that
Jul 26, 2014 11:47 PM

Oct 2012
So If Im as good as I think I am.. Toko and Yuki will end up together

and Yana and Kakeru will end up together. I was shipping Toko and Kakeru but it seems them both being able to see the future is not enough of a bond.

and it seems in one ep interaction between yana and kakeru they hit it off more.

Toko blushes when Yuki speaks to her. I think she loves him but is hesistating due to her friendship with yana. This anime is way too easy to figure out. ITs going to end up like Nagi.

I really wanted to learn about Kakeru. I will assume that the reason why he moved in with his dad is because the mom is dead? hmm...
Jul 27, 2014 2:30 AM

Aug 2013
That was quite a bold move from Touko's father to talk about a younger woman's "attraction" to him in front of his wife.
Jul 27, 2014 8:49 AM
May 2011
For me this anime making completely copy of Nagi no Asukara. Two girls it seems will try to compete over Yukinari (Touko and Yanagi) and Kakeru will be like a replacement for Yanagi.

I don't really like it and for now Kakeru it seems is like a stranger to other five. I especially dislike Sachi who is very plain character for me disliking (it seems because of her love towards Touko) the main male character.

It would be best for Kakeru to leave this town...
Jul 27, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
solomon585858 said:
For me this anime making completely copy of Nagi no Asukara. Two girls it seems will try to compete over Yukinari (Touko and Yanagi) and Kakeru will be like a replacement for Yanagi.

I don't really like it and for now Kakeru it seems is like a stranger to other five. I especially dislike Sachi who is very plain character for me disliking (it seems because of her love towards Touko) the main male character.

It would be best for Kakeru to leave this town...

well it is same creator.. what were you expecting..
Jul 27, 2014 3:20 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Please do not post simple replies or reactions. Be more descriptive of what you did or didn't enjoy.

So... this series is showing a love polygon similar if not a clone of Nagi no Asukara...
Please change it a bit or try not to make it so predictable.

I'm sorta loling at the people who think she is using the crutch wrong... that is how you use a single crutch lol, though I don't see why she isn't using two of them.
So we got to see Touko a bit sad... maybe we will see more sides of other characters as well. Needs more information on the past of characters for more depth.
Jul 27, 2014 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Zelot said:
I'm sorta loling at the people who think she is using the crutch wrong... that is how you use a single crutch lol, though I don't see why she isn't using two of them.

Shouldn't it be on the other side, to take the weight off of the injured foot?

I've never used crutches before, but that's how I've always assumed a single crutch would be used.
Jul 27, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/UHpRtrV.png
Smooth move, Hiro...
Jul 28, 2014 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
Hum, I would rather they focused on the "future visions" and slice of life than the usual love polygons. Romance is great but I hate misunderstandings, lol. Im hoping this improves. Anyway the art is absolutely lovely.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 28, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2012
Damn, I really had moderate hopes for this show but it's not living up to them. 12 eps total and still nothing is happening by the 4th ep. Focusing on the drama and triang relations doesn't need to be an issue but it will be if it continues to be at the cost of fleshing the characters out.
Jul 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
Nagi no Asukara is similar to Glasslip but better in every aspect, so head on over to that and drop this crap. I can't even explain how this anime could come this far and not have any development in the plot, given the bland characters, poorly executed pacing, and filler scenes, that's just my opinion though. The overall rating doesn't lie either.
Jul 28, 2014 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
Many people comparing this to Nagi no Asukara, which I dropped on episode 2 due to wanting to strangle one of the main characters. Needless to say I like this better than what I saw of that.

I want them to make more use of the future visions. Like, I want to see Touko have some sort of vision or visions that she deliberately tries to avoid making a reality. I want her to have some vision that seems terrible but turns out to be innocuous.

Armbanana said:
Nagi no Asukara is similar to Glasslip but better in every aspect, so head on over to that and drop this crap. I can't even explain how this anime could come this far and not have any development in the plot, given the bland characters, poorly executed pacing, and filler scenes, that's just my opinion though. The overall rating doesn't lie either.

I think that's rather harsh, although I'm concerned that 13 episodes won't be enough, and I don't get the sense that this will be something like Tari Tari where they can produce something that 'works' even if they half-assed a few of the character arcs.
Jul 29, 2014 3:39 AM

Jan 2011
Armbanana said:

consider that this show reflects more the real life and not a perfect written drama line like in „nagi no asukara”. life has not a perfect pacing, often the plot of someones life is not developing some time, and the someone does not have extraordinary characteristics like “breathing under water“. ;p this show is more realistic (and i like that) so sometimes things like that happen. its not (until now) a show with superdramatic things or whatever (besides the future thing, but thats until now a minor aspect).
also also there are still 8 episodes to go. lets wait and see. ;p
Jul 29, 2014 7:10 AM

Dec 2011
Ha, sleeping in a tent in your own backyard, that's pretty cool.

It looks like Kakeru heard something from the future.

Yanagi got hurt and Touko first thought that Sachi was the one being hospitalized, she misunderstood her vision of the future.

Friendship punch lol.

Ah, the chickens again... long time no see guys!

Haha, it's Yukinari not Kakeru...

Hiro sure is a funny guy XD.

LOL, Yukinari is thinking of pinning Touko down against her wishes :O

Touko just realized that she likes Kakeru...

Kakeru's such a nice guy to give Yanagi his raincoat :3

YES! Misunderstandings OP!

Good job Hiro, sleeping while watching the movie with Sachi...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
the only good thing about this anime is the art, lol
"Living well is the best revenge"
Jul 29, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2008
This series has fallen out of my top 10 this season sadly, I had hoped that it picked up its pace but the story is just flat :(
Jul 29, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like we get our usual SoL elements. Falling asleep on a date is a big red flag though.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jul 29, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2010
I can't help but ship Touko and Yuki. They're so damn cute. I hope that at least once, Touko sees him as something more than a friend. Yana-chan is so manipulative...she poisoned Touko's thoughts by making her feel guilty about Yuki's feelings. Haha, I would totally be Yana.

Anyways, I liked the twist of Yanagi running into David. I hope that scene wasn't just fuel for Touko's jealousy (and realization of her feelings), but also the start of some kind of relationship between Yana-chan and David.

And, if David's taken, Yuki might end up having a chance. :)

I guess the whole stepbrother/sister thing is somewhat confirmed in this episode, because Yuki mentions that him and Yana are family when he helps her out of the hospital. Not too happy at that revelation...just makes me hate that ship even more.

Awww at the end. I bet Hiro spent all night fretting over the date, that he couldn't even stay awake during the movie. It seems Sacchan is only observant about things dealing with Touko, otherwise I assume she'd have noticed Hiro's feelings before long.

Anyways, good episode. I really hope that Glasslip will give us something unique, and won't end up with the predictable DavidxTouko and YukixYana. But, in the end, I'm not holding my breath. Those are still the most blatantly obvious outcomes.
Jul 29, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2014
This show has been disappointing since episode one it hasn't gotten any better.
I was hoping the pacing and the direction of the series would get better by now but it hasn't.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.