Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 23, 2014 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
This episode contrasted so much from the first. I'm really not looking for the main character to be one of those ditsy but determined highschool girls.

But seeing as the first episode was a flash forward, I'm hoping that the show starts to lean back that way.
Jul 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
Much better episode than the first one, although i'm still not convinced. Both main characters look really plain and dull. Not sure what to think of them yet...

Nevermind, giving it one more chance before dropping it.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 24, 2014 12:04 AM

May 2011
Hmm, Rinka and Kyoutarou seems pretty alright so far. And I am really liking the animation effects of some of these powers. Everything felt a bit rushed to me though but I guess I can't really say for sure since I haven't read the manga. Meh.
Jul 24, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Ah, they started to adapt the manga. It's disappointing, I liked the first episode much better. Also designs of the main characters are not as cute as in manga, which is definitely a pity, cause Kyoutarou in manga is cute as hell.
And the fanserbice scent was too long.
Jul 24, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2008
Peggy is super cute. And Rinka's butt is cute too.

Anyways, the opening is visually amazing. I don't know if I dig the song though or the ending song for that matter.

I hope this anime has more fighting scenes than all these cringe worthy dialogue lol.
Jul 26, 2014 6:45 AM

Jun 2008
I think the humor look slightly stupid. I think they should go more serious and leave the mangakas humor outside. They did it with Ga-Rei and it worked. The father scene with the cars was more stupid than amusing.
The first episode was better because it seemed more serious.

Other than that i have to wonder if the short blacked hair katana yielding girl is like a sister to this Azuma guy or something since they have the same power and she seems obsessed with our main girl which i suppose it has something to do with revenge. Maybe she blames her for her brother death or something.
Loved the Ed with her there and i have to say she seems to be more awesome than the main girl.

bonifide said:
Dropped all these changes they did from the manga. She is suppose to have white hair all the damn time. I see they added fan service didnt bother me but i see where they going with it.

So annoying when manga readers considering every difference to be worse. What is the problem if her hair aren't white all the time? Maybe they had a reason. Give them a damn break. Ga-Rei: Zero was anime prequel of Ga-Rei manga and it made the manga look like shit in comparison. So give them a break, maybe they are changing things for the better instead of worse. Yeah it doesn't happen often but you can say something is shit based on silly little things like hair not always being white.

Botato said:
Keten said:
I am soooo glad I do not read the manga, because damn you guys are angry. Lmao. Considering how ridiculous the show is already, the fact that Rinka and her dad have changing hair does not even remotely bother me. The fanservice is a bit of an issue though honestly, but the beginning scene I understand, she fell out of her clothes, if she still had her underwear on it wouldn't make any sense....... Not that the series really has to at this point.
The only thing you should be mad about is the fact that they removed 90% of the comedy.

I am mad they left that 10%. ^_^

yaHzee said:
ChoiDalDal said:
This is Minani in the ending.

kk, makes sense, the character designs are way too similar.

Or you are just too stupid, just saying, lol.

xchee said:
It was neither good nor bad but since it's from the mangaka of GRZ, I expected more. Something tells me the studio's doing a bad job at adapting this or maybe I'm giving the mangaka too much credit.

You are giving the mangaka too much cretid. GRZ was as good as it was because of the animators not making it as silly as the Ga-Rei manga.
MonadJul 26, 2014 6:57 AM
Jul 26, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
I think the humor look slightly stupid. I think they should go more serious and leave the mangakas humor outside. They did it with Ga-Rei and it worked. The father scene with the cars was more stupid than amusing.
The first episode was better because it seemed more serious.

Botato said:
The only thing you should be mad about is the fact that they removed 90% of the comedy.

I am mad they left that 10%. ^_^
I am sorry but this is supposed to be a comedy. I don't know why you'd be mad that there's comedy in it.
Jul 26, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2011
meh, "wat" overload
Jul 26, 2014 3:52 PM
Nov 2012
Last week, I mentioned that the first episode reminded me of the X-men and this week they show me a character that looks like Wolverine. Not trying to suggest or imply anything, just a funny coincidence.
Jul 27, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2008
They toned down the second episode a lot so it felt like a completely different series with all the previous momentum gone.
Jul 27, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
the first ep was excellent and made me want to keep watching the anime but it seems as Barion-Zara said it's for attracting people to watch the series and the ending song and then Rinka falling scene is making me worry that it will be another fan-service based anime.
Jul 27, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
This anime is pretty mediocre but my god is that ED badass.

Jul 28, 2014 12:20 AM

Jul 2013
The first episode was on a completely different level to this. Probably going to drop it for now and see how the later episodes are when they come out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 12:43 PM
May 2011
Seems pretty cool so far
Jul 31, 2014 10:31 PM

May 2012
02:20 ohh yehhh

02:46 splendid mountains

03:07 Toukyou Espana!!

03:41 dat shaftie OP clip

06:41 LOOOL

08:51 lolwut

11:38 her dad'd make one hella bosukyara

12:42 Raidaa Kikku!!

22:27 they didn't warn the police about her power, lame writing

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
Disappointing so far. And so not original. The whole black fist thing reminds me of cat woman.
Aug 1, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2011
Son, I am disappoint.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 1, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2012
Trannosaurus said:
Peggy is super cute. And Rinka's butt is cute too.

Anyways, the opening is visually amazing. I don't know if I dig the song though or the ending song for that matter.

I hope this anime has more fighting scenes than all these cringe worthy dialogue lol.

Kotori pls
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 2, 2014 3:59 PM
May 2014
I really can't watch this. Hate it when random characters start doing supposedly "awesome" stuff without any introduction to the storyline.

This anime basically just introduces a whole bunch of concepts and character to you and expects you to accept them from the get-go. Except I don't, none of them appear interesting to me.
Aug 3, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
Not to judge, but the anime isn't doing a good job so far IMO. . But I don't like how Rinka's appearance change with her ESP powers. And the pacing is weird. Its like they did two episodes in one. And when the final battle comes, they got to do episode 1 all over again. The ending is really awkward. I don't know if it'll get better.
Aug 4, 2014 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
Aw Rinka doesn't look like how she did in the manga and her white hair's gone kind of.
Aug 31, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
Lol well this was not what I expected from the Ga-Rei author XD
But eh this was fun :) And Rinka is hot, all is well :D
Sep 7, 2014 2:22 AM

May 2013
Xhelos said:
japanese x-men ftw

^Lol. There's Wolverine with Magneto powers.

Let's begin the episode with a naked girl. Perfect.

Hmm, flying penguin. (^_^) But yeah, flying fish are also accepted in today's society.

I understand Rinka being White Girl and the thief being called Black Fist.
Out of everything possible in the world, why did Azuma pick Crow Head? (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 16, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that seems to annoy a lot, but in the second half, fortunately, the music changes, luckily!
The plot starts to become clear and make sense of it all.
Drawings with a double speed, oh well!
Narrative is not very compelling and stripped down.
I hope that the television series, best in the next episodes.
Nov 5, 2014 9:41 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development, let's see what's next though.
Jan 22, 2015 11:52 PM

Jun 2011
Terrible directing. Terrible sexualization.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 18, 2015 7:31 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Old man had a great view of naked Rinka xD

The episode was well ok. I like Rinka's power, very convenient imo.

Apr 24, 2015 8:39 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm...so the red haired girl's an enemy here, but she was clearly helping them in the first episode...interesting. Anyway yeah this shoulda been our first episode as our main characters were introduced, but oh well at least some things are cleared up now.
May 22, 2015 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
To those who hate the fanservice....it's worse on the dvd version. They show more of the girl.
May 24, 2015 3:57 AM

Feb 2015
I now understand why some say it's similar to x-men, I mean...

Rinka = Shadowcat
Azuma = Nightclawer
'Black Fist' = Cipher
Rinka's Father = Magneto
heck, Esper = Mutants

I'm not hating on it nor am I a fan of the hair changing color but I'll keep watching since I'm a sucker for anything with superpowers.
Dec 20, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
Relation between Rinka and her dad is cool :D
I was thinking, isnt Azuma's power just a big upgrade to Rinka's?
Unless his teleportation power only works for places he's been already, or if he has a clear view of the place he wants to teleport to.

Decent episode though, have a feeling we're going to be watching a lot of these "past" episodes though.
Mar 4, 2017 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
I'm still surprised this anime wasn't better received. I'm really enjoying it!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 21, 2021 4:21 PM

May 2008
So much better than the first acid dream episode, but it looks like there's a lot more exposition to come.
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to maskedmecha
Not a fan of some omissions from the manga.

Taking her underwear off during that initial floor falling scene gives me a bad feeling for how they are adapting this thing...

They also left out all the funny manga reaction faces, and made our teleporter guy seem much less quirky, which were some of my favorite things.

Meh.
@maskedmecha Rinka having underwear while going through floor would be unrealistic, good that they changed it in anime
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.