Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
Love confession already. This will be hard to resolve.
Jul 10, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly, David just comes off as a creep but I can't help but find him interesting. Even with his dull personality, I'm starting to warm up to him.

Future sight, rail road and oncoming train? Can't be good. I doubt it's going to lead to that kind of scene though.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 10, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
wait wait are yuki and yannagi siblings? live in the same house and...
so this is wat i got from first 2 eps:

Kakeru<>Touko<- Yuki<-yannagi
............. ^..........
Sachi<-Hiro
Jul 10, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2014
"thanks"

welcome to the friendzone
Jul 10, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
Glasslip is alright, but not at all what I expected, and that makes me sad. I was looking forward to watching a series about a girl's apprenticeship to a glass artisan.
Jul 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2014
It's weird, I'm not entirely confused about what's going on, but when the episode was over I just kinda sat like... ʘ‿ʘ Thhheee fuuccckk?
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Jan 2014
Wasabi said:
Leave it to the oblivious idiot girl to start stirring shit up. Why the fuck would she think Yuki was into Yanagi. There was absolutely no hint of that at all other than being siblings or relatives or whatever the fuck they are. And lolincest. Also lolSachi. Possessive much?

The yuri vibes with Sachi are strong.
Jul 10, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
This looks like Nagi no Asukara of the season... I bet it will have a love "rectangle" thing...
"We don't allow love in our group" -> Seriously? LOL I wouldn't even called people like that as friends -.-
b1GZZJul 10, 2014 7:56 PM
Jul 10, 2014 7:57 PM

Sep 2013
Lemme guess how this love polygon-thing will work:

Yukinari, Sachi and David -> Touko.
Hiro -> Sachi.
Yanagi -> Yukinari.
Touko -> David.

Now let's see the episode's plot:

Stupid girl 1 tells Stupid girl 2 that Stupid boy 1 likes her. Stupid girl 2 knows Stupid boy 1 likes Stupid girl 1. Anyway, even though this is obvious and that Stupid girl 1 is dense for not knowing what is right under her nose, she decides to open the group for dating. Then what everyone expected happens and Stupid boy 1 confesses to the girl who doesn't like him instead to the one who has a crush on him. Because of that, Stupid girl 1 decides to seek for help so she may be able to tell the future (?). I mean, who wouldn't!

Now shit will happen and, well... dropped, I guess.
Jul 10, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Seeing into the future?

And here I thought this would be a normal slice of life show.
Jul 10, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
this show is going down really fast.

first episode was intriguing, in spite of the extremely generic characters; all the future vision stuff could still be nice, but all the rest is just outrageously bad, both sound and vision. seriously, it sounded like a peanut sack being thrashed every time they moved their eyeballs.

story still looks promising, maybe they should just turn the script into a soft novel or something.
Jul 10, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2014
So this went from being about chickens to seeing the future lol...

I liked the episode but like the last one, it didn't pick up until the end. I think their 'group' or whatever generally acts unnaturally and there hasn't been any backstory to explain that yet. Hopefully that'll clear things up but I did expect this to start slow.

Jul 10, 2014 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
Man i don't know what it is but every scene with David and Touko seems really weird and awkward some of that i think is intended while everything with Yanagi and the others flow a bit better, not only that even though the story seems simple enough right now however i'm having a hard time grasping whats going on the scenes don't last long enough to understand it all at least for me lol.

The flood gates are open now that their "group" can date drama is on it's away~
Jul 10, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
David definitely gives out serious creep vibes, so its no wonder everyone is kind of weary of him. It looks like Sacchan might like Touka as well. It seems like almost half the cast might actually xD I kind of want her to end up with Hiro though. Let Touka have Yuki or something.

Anyway, I feel like the series revealed its hand a bit better in this episode, and now I'm looking forward to more. Definitely didn't expect an uninterrupted love confession in the second episode though!
Jul 10, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
That's So Raven: The Anime
Jul 10, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
The confession so early on in the series.

Great episode!!!
Jul 10, 2014 9:41 PM
Mar 2014
Not entirely sure how I feel about this seeing the future stuff... Literally came out of nowhere and feels a little tacked on right now. I just hope that they manage to play it off well instead of making it a gimmick to try and make this show stick out.

As for the drama... I've seen worse. It's predictable and feels a little forced but it never made me cringe or facepalm or shout at my computer (so far at least...), which is a good sign. The CV's and script feel just convincing enough for me, and I'm loving Touko's seiyu.

I'm fine with David. Imo, he's just the kind of person who dgaf about what other people think of him, a pretty common character archetype, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Jul 10, 2014 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
Dofy said:
Not sure what to think of this series yet, though I'm not sure I should be sure at only episode 2. Either way, I'm not overly entertained by it. I love the animation though which is certainly keeping me watching. It's unfair to judge it fully right now so I'll wait a bit, but I'm a fan of the "Honey and Clover" type of SOL. "Glasslip" seems like it has potential so I'll stick around for a bit longer. Though I don't really enjoy a ton of needless melodrama which I feel is on the horizon haha.

hmm, yeah. I kinda feel bored on this ep already...and Sachi likes Touko? haa...

and we get sci-fi in this one...? haa...
heiqi1huJul 10, 2014 9:47 PM
Jul 10, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2013
So basically everyone likes someone else and it's going to lead to a huge dramafest, which the girl in glasses clearly knows and why she banned dating. I would have to say though that the seeing the future through glass and +foreshadowing does intrigue me to the point where I wasn't bored this episode, like the first.

I see the hook but i'm not biting yet.
Jul 10, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
Sachi the cockblocker :D I think she is into Touko
Jul 10, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
SalemWitch said:
Joanna25 said:
Ohhh i seee thx :D ....but even though their step-siblings are they allowed to date? i mean their parents might not approve of that .. ahh what i am thinking first of all they must have mutual feelings lol
No problem. Glasslip seems to suffer from the disappearing parent syndrome so I guess we can safely say the parents are out of the picture, hehe. Though even if Yuki and Yanagi got together I don't see the problem since they're not related by blood. People could gossip but again, this doesn't seem like a show that would focus on that.

I saw at least 2 sets of parents (Sachi and Okikura's pops?)...Not including the Cafe shop "relatives"
Jul 10, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Whoa a confession already, let the love polygon begin!. I kinda figured there is going to be some kind of supernatural theme in this show.

There seems to be a lot of people who hate David. Personally, I like him because he's a cool-type character. I hate characters like him though when they are just a main character on the side like Tsumugi. I hate that guy.

AsianKungFuJul 10, 2014 10:37 PM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 10, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2012
Oh damn friendzoned.

Her reaction "Thanks" bikes falls over lol.
Jul 10, 2014 10:49 PM

Oct 2011
Am I the only one who is confused by what's happening in this show? 3/4 of the character's reactions to what has happened in the first 2 episodes seem completely unnatural.
Jul 10, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
Well this is getting weird quick. And with not too much interesting stuff happening so I wonder how much is going to crammed into the later episodes.

So she can see the future through glass, and the guy can hear the future, and when they're near each other they combine.

Overly dramatic love hexagon forming...great.

Leave it to PA works to turn a seemingly normal SoL into some weird supernatural SoL
Jul 10, 2014 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
god that was awkward
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 10, 2014 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
Frankly an SOL without some type of romance bores me to tears. A love polygon on the other hand always stirs things up. Interesting to note that the element of seeing the future is introduced and immediately people start trying to divine it themselves by interpreting how chickens run across the screen in the OP and ED (and by the way, I don't think the brown bird is "death" or "a ghost", I think it represents the stranger, David.) I don't think we can really judge where this is going until we get at least the third episode under our belts, particularly since they have already tossed us a big curve ball with the clairvoyance and clairaudience subplot in episode 2.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 11, 2014 12:14 AM
Dec 2013
Thanks god this has romance + drama it seems, maybe a bit of magic,lol.
This episode gives me even more NagiAsu vibes than the first, it must be the love polygon and the Tsumugu MC. I'm still not sure if Sacchi is a lesbo or in love with Mr.AngryPants. Lol'd with the "Open to Dating" announcement, made every one anxious. For some reason, I'm thinking there will be a Kakeru x Yanagi. But that would seem like a situation similar to Chisaki x Tsumugu.

Touko's dad looks like Brock from Pokemon btw.
Jul 11, 2014 12:18 AM

Feb 2014
A confession on the 2nd episode. So how many people likes Touko?
Jul 11, 2014 12:30 AM

May 2014
Winter_Fox_Ryuko said:
Glasslip is alright, but not at all what I expected, and that makes me sad. I was looking forward to watching a series about a girl's apprenticeship to a glass artisan.
Do you still believe that this is about glass blowing?
It's like WIXOSS was about the card game lol.

As in it's not, and doesn't matter, we have drama on our hands!

rodac said:
(and by the way, I don't think the brown bird is "death" or "a ghost", I think it represents the stranger, David.)
OPs and EDs can also be used for foreshadowing, especially when you have a tight running time to tell your story. And I don't believe it's David since he's black haired and the chicken's colors obviously correlate with the anime hair(since that's how anim characters are easily identified).

And if it didn't have a supernatural element, I'd actually like it more, because now we have something that can make for a reset ending(time travel anyone). I wouldn't be on the speculation train.
Jul 11, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2010
Suddenly this turns into Fiction. I'm really okay with this, the episode was great, but why is this a one cour anime?
Jul 11, 2014 12:37 AM

Mar 2014
I was really confused on the First episode of what was going on. This one you could say started to open up a little bit of the plot of the story. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next episode :)

No Blank Friends Requests. State your name and where you found me.

Jul 11, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2013
It's funny how they don't know who likes who. Then starts the misunderstanding. Then starts the groups breakup.

Gotten better, although it had some loose ends.
Jul 11, 2014 1:17 AM

May 2012
13:18 you've already lost

20:09 dat bicycle

6.5/10 for this episode.
Didn't expect supernatural lol.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 11, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
It seems like this will end with no official couple at the end.

Okikura proved that a guy only needs to be handsome to get a girl's heart.. you can be a creep who barely said anything meaningful or try to connect with them and some girls would still fall for you (lol)

Guys like Yuki? just step aside dude.. go do a facelift or something. Oh and stop being so nice XD
Jul 11, 2014 1:40 AM

Dec 2011
Welp... I love slice of life shows... Espcially if they put something mysterious, magical in it. Even if it is ever so slight... Just like Clannad, no wonder why it's my favorite. But if they add heart tearing moments I iz gonna die.

I am very entertained, finally given something to predict the plot... It got me quite interested...

Cheering for "David" and Touko unlike Salem and Uran(us) xD

Great show 5/5 just cause it's my type of show.
Jul 11, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2011
MoeGod said:
It seems like this will end with no official couple at the end.

Okikura proved that a guy only needs to be handsome to get a girl's heart.. you can be a creep who barely said anything meaningful or try to connect with them and some girls would still fall for you (lol)

Guys like Yuki? just step aside dude.. go do a facelift or something. Oh and stop being so nice XD

Good guys always end up last is a myth... Take it from me ;)

Yuki's problem is that he is not assertive. Women don't want someone who is macho, asshole or whatever. The only reason they choose them is because they are assertive, not afraid of saying their opinion and thus they infuse confidence and feeling of safety into women. Good guys tend to act more like females, being all nice, trying to talk things out always. Making them their princesses. Yes some may like that, actually most like that. But it gets too much after a while. Girls don't want a guy who will be (in front of a robber for example) "Hey man we can talk this out, just spare my girlfriend"

They want "If you touch my girlfriend I'll hunt you down and kill you"...

Just a metaphot, probably hyperbole, but you get the general idea.

Girls don't want already perfect white knight men. They want someone who can be that, but is still rough around the edges, so they can shape him to their own preferance ;)

And that's exactly the problem of Yuki.

Meritas said:
Suddenly this turns into Fiction. I'm really okay with this, the episode was great, but why is this a one cour anime?

Most anime of this type are one cour... You can see by the 2 episodes that it's going fast and that story can't take being stretched up to 20+ episodes ;)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotJul 11, 2014 4:16 AM
Jul 11, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Now I understand the plot!. . . Well, still not really. But those future talks were interesting. Okikura gives the Tsumugu vibe but at least I can understand the latter more. XD (but it's too early to judge him. I'll give him time.)

That misunderstanding was just too great it hurts my kokoro loljk
Jul 11, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2010
Seriously... This series is just visually impressive. The plot and premise sucks ass.
Jul 11, 2014 2:14 AM

Dec 2013
wasn't quite as boring as the first episode, but now it looks like its gonna be a bunch of boring love polygon melodrama. wish they would have expounded on the clairvoyance thing a bit more as that's the only interesting thing about this show so far, yet they introduced it incredibly awkwardly and kind of glossed over it.
Jul 11, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2011
Rinji- said:
Seriously... This series is just visually impressive. The plot and premise sucks ass.

Barely anything was revealed. Calm yo tits.
Jul 11, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2013
Rinji- said:
i know, right? all the effort in drawing those absolutely stunning backgrounds, but the show is otherwise painfully bland so far.
Jul 11, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2011
Every scene with David feels pretty awkward. Well, the entire episode feels kinda awkward actually. Hopefully they make a good use to the supernatural stuff to make it more interesting.

And troll mom best girl atm.
Jul 11, 2014 2:23 AM

Dec 2011
Tasuku- said:
Every scene with David feels pretty awkward. Well, the entire episode feels kinda awkward actually. Hopefully they make a good use to the supernatural stuff to make it more interesting.

And troll mom best girl atm.

She was trolling dad in first episode too... "Your dad was late" lel
Jul 11, 2014 2:25 AM
Feb 2013
Dafuq is with this out of ass future sensing. They tried too hard on plot.
So now there will be a mecha in the next episode or what?
kcuf
Jul 11, 2014 2:38 AM

Dec 2011
FalKKonE said:
Dafuq is with this out of ass future sensing. They tried too hard on plot.
So now there will be a mecha in the next episode or what?

It's not a full supernatural episode.

It's a mystery that is triggered by something, in Touko's case by shiny glass.

The plot will probably going to be Touko and Okikura exploring their "hints of the future" and trying to save their group from falling apart.
Jul 11, 2014 3:03 AM
Nov 2013
I'm proved wrong. Sadly, this will be a huge pile of crap. At least now I'm prepared for the bullshit. Dammit, why they can't make just a good SoL like Honey and Clover, Hanasaku Iroha, maybe Tamayura, Non Non Biyori. Is not that hard for god's sake.
Jul 11, 2014 3:32 AM
Jan 2013
The whole future talk was weird. Maybe it'll be explained more in a later episode? Because that just came out of left field.

I don't like Okikura much. He literally has no discernible personality. Perhaps he's a cyborg XD Now that would be an interesting plot.

Yuki has confessed. Awkwardness is real. *Bike falls over* Am I sensing that Sachi likes her too?

Pretty meh episode. Let's see how well they execute the seeing into the future concept (don't have high expectations). If they can do that, and really develop a good love polygon here, this anime can improve. If not, this is staying at 6/10.
Jul 11, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2012
Kitoge said:
The love hexagon has officially started.

By the way, I spotted Chopin's famous nocturne op.9 no.2 in e flat major. Such a beautiful work.

That made me laugh lol
So true though xD
Jul 11, 2014 4:08 AM
Nov 2011
Touko is so goddamn annoying and dense.
And what's with that Okimura guy,he is awkard.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.