Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
I expected to see something related to glass, but instead I got chickens...
At times I felt like they are trying to save some money (still moving scenes), and at other scenes the animation was just gorgeous...
I dunno, it was rather dull and forgettable. I already forgot all of the character names except for David (and Yuki I think).

edit: wait.. what? his name isn't actually david? darn those subs..
Vanessa-Jul 3, 2014 10:41 AM
Jul 3, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
I saw the whole episode, I understand Japanese but I still had no idea where this show was going - and neither were any of the Japanese watchers based on the niconico comments I saw. ಠ_ಠ
Jul 3, 2014 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
The tension at the end, I didn't get it.
Ahh just when I thought there won't be any love polygon because there were 3 guys and 3 girls, how foolish of me.

I don't really like Ohsaka Ryouta doing character like the main, but well.

Eyecandy animation? Not really, it's not on par with the best animated series from PA Works.
Jul 3, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
Wow the OSTs were good. This anime seems promising. I hope it turns out well.
Jul 3, 2014 10:43 AM
Dec 2013
Loved the scenery, everything was beautiful.
This feels like its gonna have heavy drama and romance for some reason, well, im just glad the slice of life tag is there.
Jul 3, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Sachi is so adorable. I really like Hachi, too. I think those two will be my favorites. This episode was a great intro.

The OP was so relaxing and amazing. I have a feeling this is going to be in my top 3 of the season. Excited for next week's episode!
Jul 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
OK I have no iadea what will this trun into after watching the first ep
Jul 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2010
Was pretty meh to be honest. Not PA's animation at its best either and the characters aren't super likeable.
Jul 3, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
That was a very wierd 1st episode. To sum it up : Touko saves the roosters from a mysterious transfer student.
It's rather difficult to jugde this episode but I loved the ED, the OST and pretty animation.
I hope I'll like the charatcers and drama, because they will determine if I'll enjoy this anime or not.
Jul 3, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
I am confused, maybe because I was hyping myself for this way too much (something one should never do !!) .
but anyway, I felt sort of lost and I didn't understand most of what's going on .
the animation was pretty good but it also wasn't one of P.A.Works best works.

In the end, I can't say much after the first episode but I will definitely keep watching and hoping for the best !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jul 3, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
I'm liking it so far. Seriously, David is like Tsumugu and main girl is like Manaka
pew pew pew
Jul 3, 2014 11:03 AM
Dec 2012
I was kinda hesitant about watching this series at first..happy I tried it out. This might turn out to be my favorite anime of the season. Love the ED and the character dynamics so far seems pretty interesting!
Jul 3, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Gorgeous visuals, but that's about it for now. Not sure what to say about that whole chicken ethics talk lol........ Seemed really random. Also I don't get the ending. Why so much hostility from everyone.

precious said:
At times I felt like they are trying to save some money (still moving scenes), and at other scenes the animation was just gorgeous...
I dunno, it was rather dull and forgettable. I already forgot all of the character names except for David (and Yuki I think).

She only said David because she thought he looked like David (Michelangelo) when she saw him at the school lol.
zzzeallyJul 3, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 3, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
The artwork reminds me of True Tears.. it's beautiful as expected from PA Works. The OP is quite nice too.. definitely had a summery feeling to it.

First episode is quite bland though. Nothing really stood out except for the chicken and the (already) irritating main male lead. At my most optimistic hope this will be the next AnoHana but at worst it could be another cheap hexagonal love drama like Nagi Asu with inconclusive ending/pairing.
Jul 3, 2014 11:06 AM
Sep 2013
its hayami saori and suddenly i remember tari tari.. the character's quite similar tbh

and yeah nano.RIPE , stunning as always.
Jul 3, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
The sceneries are beautiful, the characters plain-looking but cute, and nice atmosphere... I didn't really get this episode though.

What did chickens have to do with "Fireworks"? If P.A. Works wants to tell me "Because fuck you, that's why" I'm fine with that. But I just felt like the chickens had literally no point in this episode.

The MC (I think) Touko learns that she always thought she knew what's best for the chickens, but she didn't. And that's about it. I didn't think it warranted at least 10 minutes of the episode when the more important issue at hand is what exact same thing Okikura "saw" with Touko. Title literally should have been "Chickens"
Jul 3, 2014 11:14 AM

Dec 2011
Time to see if this show is worth watching!

I can tell that the art is really good, but the CG parts were bad (if that's what those were).

So we've 3 guys and 3 girls, that's a promising start, if it has romance we can have exact pairs (unless more appeared and I didn't notice them).

Kakeru "That girl's mine!" is what he probably thought XD.

Aha, Yukinari probably likes Touko and Yanagi seems to like Yukinari, seems like things will be harder than I had initially thought.

Hiro likes Sachi... geez lol...

And of course, Kakeru x Touko!

Kakeru's gonna eat yo chickens! You better hide yo chickens! XD

Hmmm, I really liked this first episode and I really can't wait to see how things will develop (hopefully nothing too cliche).
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 3, 2014 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
The first episode was a little odd... I thought Okikura was a bit on the creepy side ^-^' Sporadic feels throughout the whole episode and adorbs scenery. Reminds me of Toradora.

Very kawaii <3
Notice me Senpai
Jul 3, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Visuals are great but other than that pretty meh first episode. I was bored.
Jul 3, 2014 11:23 AM
Oct 2010
Zeally said:
She only said David because she thought he looked like David Davinci when she saw him at the school lol.
Who the hell is David Davinci? (even the spelling makes me shudder)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 3, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode and i think i would keep watching it.
I'm sure there gonna be some love triangle in it especially the 2 guys for Tsuko and ship the other guy with Sachi
Jul 3, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
Was kind of boring, this clearly is a slow cooking anime. There was some seeds planted with some tension but nothing out of the ordinary except everyone having to take care of chickens. Hopefully some of the seeds will sprout next episode.
Jul 3, 2014 11:27 AM
Jul 2012
watched the PV a week ago, so i knew to expect something like nagi, but my god, this much like nagi?

Kakeru - Tsumugu
Touko - Manaka
Yukinari - Hikari
Hiro - Kaname
Yanagi - Chisaki
Sachi - Miuna
(initial impression up until the opening was wrong, had the hikari an kaname switched)

Yanagi -> Yukinari
Yukinari -> Touko
Touko -> Kakeru
Sachi -> Touko/Yukinari?
Hiro -> Sachi

was following it till the end there, couldnt tell if sachi got angry cuz yukinari was, or for the same reason he was
Jul 3, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2014
Ugh, I really don't like Okikura's type of character. I don't understand the appeal of the handsome boy who spouts random philosophical nonsense with no emotion and silently stares at the main girl like a psychopath. I just hope he is more than that as the series progresses.
Jul 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
Ajunky said:
Zeally said:
She only said David because she thought he looked like David Davinci when she saw him at the school lol.
Who the hell is David Davinci? (even the spelling makes me shudder)

woops LOL
i met to say the sculpture David. Brain fart

Jul 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
That opening sequence was gorgeous! I really liked it and already want the next episode. The only character I find annoying is the bossy girl with the bow. Poor transfer student, people are already getting rude with him. Even pairings seem like it will avoid the unrequited love drama. I hope so anyway!
Jul 3, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Beautiful animation.
Adorable character designs.
Unique, varied BGM.
And great, pleasant OP.

What's there to dislike, at least so far?
There's not much depth to the characters yet, and I have a feeling I'll need a few episodes to really know each character's name and personality, considering there's six in the main group of friends.
Totally predicting a love triangle between Touko, David, and the guy who "does anything she says."

So...even if this ends up being pointless drama with meh development, I'd still enjoy it because of all its charming qualities.

Can't wait for next week!
I usually wear my hair like Touko (half up, half down), and mine's long too. That's nice, because I usually don't see myself in anime hairstyles. XD

Even though he's not as hot as David, I have a feeling he'll be my favorite. I love those protective childhood friend types. ;)
Jul 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
I want to know if there's a reason why Sachi looked so angry. She seems like a good girl (more the quiet type) and Kakeru's sentence: ''I expected there to be guys, but...'' made me wonder if they are somehow related because eye and hair colour look similar.

The friends forever scene and Touko saying : ''I hope my future self will fix it'' made it clear for me that Kakeru will cause trouble ;D.
So as a fan of NnA I really like the first episode because the incoming drama is already noticeable and the vibe is kinda the same.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jul 3, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
Jonathan promse me you'll live!
Promise me!
We can't live without you!

Well, there's something going on with half of the characters, I'm waiting for more development of them on later épisodes.
Jul 3, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
pakoko said:

What did chickens have to do with "Fireworks"? If P.A. Works wants to tell me "Because fuck you, that's why" I'm fine with that. But I just felt like the chickens had literally no point in this episode.

I don't know if I interpret too much , but Kakeru's angry stare ,him saying 'That's because they don't have enough options', 'What about other than cats?' and later saying 'I thought they could fly away' kinda implied that he wants to be free (at last that's how I understood it). I guess he and Touko have a special ability (maybe see the future or so?), but he isn't happy about it.

Like I said maybe I am wrong, but I hope that there's some meaning behind the chicken scene.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jul 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Idk what to think about this okikura guy...
Jul 3, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2012
This looks like one of those "healing" animes. ( iyashikei / 癒し系 ). See here for a
list of other anime series of this genre:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Iyashikei
Jul 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
Zeally said:
Gorgeous visuals, but that's about it for now. Not sure what to say about that whole chicken ethics talk lol........ Seemed really random. Also I don't get the ending. Why so much hostility from everyone.

precious said:

She only said David because she thought he looked like David (Michelangelo) when she saw him at the school lol.

yeah I know, but later on the subs used "David" again so I thought it was his actual name, that's what you get for multitasking while watching... XD should have paid more attention, my bad
Jul 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting start looking forward for upcoming episodes of it.
Jul 3, 2014 12:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Beautiful visuals and a relaxing atmosphere, as expected as always from PA Works. Hmm this doesn't feel too much like NagiAsu unless you're talking about the impending love polygon, plus the outsider of the group being a stoic guy. Okikura is so mysterious already, because of what he saw that Touko saw. He's obviously interested in Touko's ability? But anyways, the atmosphere reminds me more of Tari Tari.

Haha chickens! Reminds me a little of Nagoya from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

Wonder what's up with Sachi and Yuki. Didn't expect them to react like that at all to Okikura. I can see Yuki going into to rival mode, but Sachi? Sachi seems like she would be my favorite female character in this one. I wonder what they mean when they'll try going somewhere where Sachi can go. After all, she wasn't able to go to the festival?

Anyways, this was good for an intro episode. We got to see a glimpse of everyone's personality, and what our main MC's (Touko) life is like.
Jul 3, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
Beautiful hanabi, will update while watching.
It's my first second SoL so I don't have high expectations but since it's airing I can watch it easily 1/week without dropping. Touko looks quite nice.
Not much happened, but it was not bad. 3/5
AizixJul 3, 2014 1:02 PM
Jul 3, 2014 12:25 PM
Feb 2014
I've got mixed feelings about this one...

The animation looked amazig for some scenes, but then there was this one noticeably long still frame that kinda put me off...

Right now, he storyline feels pretty darn confusing, and I have no idea what to concentrate on. When i first found out abt this series, I expected a story abt a girl and her dream to be a glass artisan, but we only got a grand total of less than a minute of her doin anythig like that in this first episode... looking at the PVs, I guess I expected relationships to play a more prominent role, whih I guess is what's going on, but I find it really hard to follow the relationship they all share. Instead they cocentrate a huge part of the episode on chickens without really tellin me a whole lot of whats going on -_-... I dont even remember any one of their names, let alone differentiate any of them based on anything other than their character designs...

Granted this is thefirst episode, so there r probably other elements of the story that will come into play and make thigs clearer, but right now, that episode didnt feel particularly enjoyable to me... it felt like I was watching very short clips of a bunch of people's lives, but sice they're coverig so many different parts, I cant get a grasp of any one of their stories...

But yeah, I'll be a bit patent and see how it goes... I believe this show has potential, and t all depends on how well they fit everything together... oth, it could be a train wreck if other episodes continue this trend of giving too much overall, and too little for any to really feel interested...

Oh, one more thing, the "David" guy annoyed me... a lot... I hope there's a really good reason for him bein so... weird... bcos, if not, I would really consider this first episode as bein pretty bad... -_-... but, like I said, it depends on how the later episodes play out, and if they give me a satisfying reason for his weirdness, i could consider this first episode a damn masterpiece... so yeah, I'm confused right now

Oh yes, I found music rather annoying... OP was nice, but OST kinda got on my nerves a little...

One more thing, I suspect fantasy elements or something supernatural may be involved in the story... which is totally unexpected based on he synopsis of the series... but I cant think of any other reason for the "David" guy's weird behaviour... he seems like he know somethin abt the Glass Artisan girl... I dunno,.. ah... I'll wait for later episodes
Duri1nJul 3, 2014 12:29 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 3, 2014 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
Interesting start. I am looking forward to next episode. ED was really cute.
Jul 3, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 2012
Really nice start, I'll definitely be sticking with this one. The animation and art was stunning as usual and the characters are already very great as well. Can't wait to see where the love triangles will go. Also, nano.ripe doing the ED!
Jul 3, 2014 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
not bad looking forward to next episode
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Jul 3, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
oh god dammit it's another Nagi no Love Dodecahedron
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 3, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
first anime that I'm watching in this season, and already quite liked the first episode, the character design is very good, I liked the animation style and mostly liked the soundtrack, very good the use of classical music
I was very curious about the plot of the series, the air of mystery in this episode was engaging, merely introduced the characters, but it was possible to establish a relationship between them
I think the series has a lot of potential ..
Jul 3, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2007
It was okay. If it wasn't an airing anime, it'd probably go on my On-Hold/Dropped list to never be touched again, but we'll see what happens next week.

The art and animation were amazing though. xD
Jul 3, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
The animation was more juddery than I expected but the artwork is still as expected.
Jul 3, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
This went on so smoothly I didn't even realize the episode finished.
Very nice, as a start it was nicely done. About the visuals there were spent too many words about, so I have nothing to add (to positive comments).
It seems that the glass is more of a really secondary thing, some background element more or less presented and more or less explicit, I got this particolar vibe from this episode. There's too much talking about supernatural elements like future predicting on this, so maybe the glass is a metaphorical element of the transparence of the future for Touko.
Other than her being a glass artisan obviously.

The characters seems all interesting, but one weak note regarding Touko has to be done.. I don't see too many development possibilities for her. She seems the average teenage girl soft-headed who has ambitions and a peaceful personalities, and that maybe good, especially in this period when we're used to those Lolis and those extravagant sick tsunderes but.. That's it.

Well, it's just one episode, so it's wise to not do rashed statements.
I don't know if I'm liking Kakeru up to know, If I have to be honest. Surely there's something about him and Touko, maybe it has precisely to do with clairvoyance.. Let's see.

And I can sense why the group stands against him. The guy loves Touko, so sees Kakeru as a rival , consequently the other girl (which I like pretty much) is angry at him because he awakened the jealousy on the guy she loves.

I don't get why the bookworm is angry at him though.

But, 4/5.
I can't wait for the next week.
Jul 3, 2014 1:02 PM
Mar 2013
wow this is really cute, I'm glad I decided to look at it on a whim. I'm really liking this Imi, Yukinari character, more then the weird transfer student, though he probably won't be the end guy hahaha but with Nagi no Asukara, expect the unexpected xD

Definitely excited for this shoujo plot, I can't wait for next week!
Jul 3, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
Teenage angst and chickens...
This is going to be terrible.
Jul 3, 2014 1:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Duri1n said:
I've got mixed feelings about this one...

The animation looked amazig for some scenes, but then there was this one noticeably long still frame that kinda put me off...

Oh I know what you mean. There was one that was really long, but there were also a few other still frames that were noticeable too. Hopefully there won't any be more those, or limit to like one per episode or something so that I won't be noticing them so much :P
Jul 3, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
Don't know about this one it all seemed a bit to random to me.
It felt like it was all over the place and nothing seemed connected, it was a bit of a mess.
On the other hands the characters seemed interesting think Touko was a bit to playful tho, not sure of playful is the right word.
More like a bit to free minded making decisions in the moment.
But with parent's like that her personality isn't out of place.

What i wondered about most is the hostile personality against the transfer student, not from the guy he is just jealous but from the girl with the glasses.
Or was that against Touko?
Jul 3, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2011
Welp. Looks like all the girls see him as pretty cute/hot, aka the new Transfer student. Them expressions were pretty cute. The show felt pretty relaxing.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.