Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 17, 2014 3:45 PM

Mar 2014
The beginning wasn't even a battle because it was a freaking massacre.... The JASDF and Civil Officers got completely decimated! At least Kagetane is back and i like the whole weird former enemies unlikely friends thing going on between him and Rentaro.
Jun 17, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2014
Rentaro please join Kagetanes side :3 Who does not want to see Rentaro and Enju killing the disgusting civilians <3
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jun 17, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
Winterluffy said:
Rentaro please join Kagetanes side

Actually I was thinking more of: Stand aside Rentaro, let the pros show you how it's done.
Jun 17, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2009
I think kagetane has something to do with pleiades and pleiades will be a unique gastrea or hes just leading rentarou to somewhere else.

How would he just "bump into" pleiades along the way and not look exhausted from a fight or something.
Jun 17, 2014 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
I knew the guy in the mask was still alive and I knew he would help him if he was about to die in some solo mission. Now I'm waiting for the conspiracy plot twist in this anime. I haven't seen the original source but it makes it pretty predictable to see where this is going.
Jun 17, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it was pretty obvious that they wouldn't kill him off like that. Pretty nice to see him back this season though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 17, 2014 5:30 PM
Jul 2013
I swear that Kagetane should be the main character or something....he always improves the show so much!!!!!!!!
Jun 17, 2014 5:33 PM

May 2011
I really like the masked guy.

and

3:49 --> "at that rate ..." (with a happy looking face)
4:08 --> "damn it .. at that rate, we're done for."
Jun 17, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
When loli harem died, Rentaro had major depression.

When thousand died while fighting Gastrea, have nice cosy candle light dinner.

What logic?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 17, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
Since everyone seems so hyped about Kagetane being back, I won't spend much time on him. I predicted his return, and his aiding Rentaro back when Rentaro was given command of his group. No surprise there.

Gado is a shining example of what's wrong with the military controlling anything. You have some idiot in command who's obviously so stuck on himself and his "power" that he completely ignores all logic and common sense. Yes, Rentaro disobeyed orders. But, his actions saved them all from complete annihilation and were the smartest thing anyone on the battlefield did during the whole encounter. So, what do they do? Disband the one group that actually knows what they're doing, and has the power to actually win their battles, and who saved the rest of the entire "higher ranked" army. Then you send the leader who put said group together and noticed the flank, and directed his team to counter the flank, off to die because you can't stand the fact that he's better than you. This is brilliant, right? Way to go Gado, show us again how retarded you are.

All in all the episode was decent, the pacing was all over the place though. A lot of inconsistencies going on throughout the story with Enju.

As for the theory that the blind girl who put her eyes out with mercury, I dunno if she's the mercury shooting gastrea or if her eyes were actually lost in an encounter with said gastrea. If it's the latter there would have to be some kind of closure with her aiding Rentaro in the battle, but since that doesn't seem to be the case so far the former theory seems more likely- and if so Rentaro will win because of her soft spot for the man who saved her twice.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 17, 2014 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
kagetane ultimate troll move still alive classic.
pleiades huh? nice reference considering its attack. (beam of light, which is mercury? wat, idk).
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 17, 2014 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
The_Bif said:

As for the theory that the blind girl who put her eyes out with mercury, I dunno if she's the mercury shooting gastrea or if her eyes were actually lost in an encounter with said gastrea. If it's the latter there would have to be some kind of closure with her aiding Rentaro in the battle, but since that doesn't seem to be the case so far the former theory seems more likely- and if so Rentaro will win because of her soft spot for the man who saved her twice.

Actually, if I remember right, the girl said she poured lead into her eyes, not mercury. It's actually assumed that she has metal in the space where her eyes would have been considering how Rentaro looked at her. This means it wasn't mercury, because mercury stays a liquid even when room temperature. The lead would have had to have been molten though. The fact that she's a cursed child is probably the only reason why she's still alive. Also, she didn't lose her eyes because of Gastrea, it was because of her evil mother who couldn't stand the sight of her red eyes and either blinded her daughter herself, or made the girl do it.

Now, it still is possible that she's still involved here considering how suspicious she looked when the monolith fell down, and it would be very sad if she was, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Jun 17, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
Kohina... so much potential to be a yandere when she grows up.
Jun 17, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2011
I found it amusing that after a couple of episodes that makes us think that Kagetane was right in his desire to watch Tokyo burn to the ground, they bring the man himself back to taunt Rentaro about his desire to pulverize the assholes that blew up his loli harem. Kohina has only gotten crazier in her time off-screen, of course. If Kagetane is supposed to represent Rentaro after he's given in to all his base desires, Kohina might have good reason to be off her rocker ...

Enju was adorable as always. Kinda sad that Rentaro never developed a lolicon fetish like the protagonist of RKB did after awhile; he must have iron willpower for their cuteness not to overwhelm him, lol.

Look forward to the series ender and hoping that a second season will come along eventually :) Anime has plenty of lolis, but none of them kick quite as much ass as the BB girls.
Jun 17, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2014
What an episode! Kagetane is back and what exactly is Pleadies going to be. It might have been killed already, but that isn't very likely. But a team up is coming soon and without Enju...I'm sure she is going to find him. The gastrea were absolutely dominating the Civil Officers. Something made them turn back, the question is what?? Looking forward to the next episode even though this show is ending in two weeks, which isnt cool at all! Definitely looking forward for a second season!
Jun 17, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2013
Finally! I was waiting for their return
Jun 17, 2014 6:34 PM

Sep 2013
LaCrayCray said:
i think kagetane really likes satomi

or he's Satomi's father? clone maybe? :O "I have the same face as you"
Maybe it's a metaphor, Kagetane is what rentarou would be like if he went to the dark side.
Jun 17, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Yaa there back so Rentarou join the dark side
Jun 17, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:
LaCrayCray said:

Maybe it's a metaphor, Kagetane is what rentarou would be like if he went to the dark side.

I thought of him possibly being Rentaro's father ever since Rentaro made that comment back in episode one about his parents being missing and never knowing if they are alive or dead. Also, he and Kohina do have slightly similar hair color, only with Kohina's being a lighter shade. Also, the way Kagetane acts does have some light "Darth Vader" vibes to him.
Jun 17, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
As always, the one in command is going out of his way to make sure the MC gets the short end of the stick. Instead of acknowledging that most likely no one would be alive if Rentaro hadn't done that, he sends him onto a suicide mission. And i don't think he is the type that is convinced that Rentaro can pull it off, but rather, creating a win/win situation for himself: Either Rentaro dies, so he got his punishment, or he kills the Gastrea, with the commander claiming the spoils.

Also: Aldebaran was in need of protection. Why, when it's immortal? He simply failed, both as commander and as civil officer. I also think that Seitenshi will want to have a word in what happens to Rentaro..

About Enju: She did seem unreasonable happy, but it might be that she tries to cope with the situation by shutting out all bad things, kinda living in her own reality. If, the question would be how long she can do so.
Jun 17, 2014 7:42 PM

Dec 2010
I can't help but feel like Black Bullet is Attack on Titan done better.

Anyway this episode was great! Kagetane returned in all his creepy glory, as did Kohina, surprising no one xD

They do a good job making you hate characters that you are supposed to hate in this show though, and I really like that. The humans who beat up on the Cursed Children, the Commander, etc. Its interesting since you don't actually hate Kagetane even though he's the villain. There is certainly more to him than what we will probably ever know. (Since the anime ends in 2 weeks)

The battle was kind of short, but it was cool while it lasted! Getting to see Shoma and Tamaki using their hands more or less to beat the Gastrea was pretty incredibly to behold!

I was under the impression that this series ends next week, so I'm glad there's still another episode after that one!
Jun 17, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2014
NwAurion said:
As always, the one in command is going out of his way to make sure the MC gets the short end of the stick. Instead of acknowledging that most likely no one would be alive if Rentaro hadn't done that, he sends him onto a suicide mission. And i don't think he is the type that is convinced that Rentaro can pull it off, but rather, creating a win/win situation for himself: Either Rentaro dies, so he got his punishment, or he kills the Gastrea, with the commander claiming the spoils.

Also: Aldebaran was in need of protection. Why, when it's immortal? He simply failed, both as commander and as civil officer. I also think that Seitenshi will want to have a word in what happens to Rentaro..

About Enju: She did seem unreasonable happy, but it might be that she tries to cope with the situation by shutting out all bad things, kinda living in her own reality. If, the question would be how long she can do so.

About the Enju thing I am wondering what she will do in the next episode when she finds out Rentaro has left seeing as she has no one else :'( she may snap I mean her life has been pretty shitty and now the one person who relates to her and cares about her is gone by his self on basically a suicide mission poor Enju :(

Jun 17, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
I'm getting major "Rentarou...*breathe*...I am your father....*breathe*" vibes from Kagetane. Not to mention the "come to the dark side" part haha. Hey he does kind of look like Kohina don't you think?

/end crackpot theory

Well maybe Rentarou could pick up a couple of tips from Kagetane. Is this Black Bullet's version of the training arc?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 17, 2014 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
Is it just me or it is actually getting worse? Really...until ep. 6 it was "ok" after that it got worse...
Jun 17, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2014
bittersweetlove said:
Is it just me or it is actually getting worse? Really...until ep. 6 it was "ok" after that it got worse...

I think its one of the better anime this year to be honest.
But thats my opinion also out of 91 votes this episode got 58 loved it and 24 liked it so not too bad.

Jun 17, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2013
Well we knew Kagatane was coming back but it never explained how he survived or what his motives are...next episode™
Jun 17, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2010
Kagetane and Rentarou pairing together? This shit is going to be serious.

Sapewloth said:
Will keep watching for Kagetane.

This. But in my case I think I'll continue for Tina too. Also, it's almost over, I'm surprised it's only 13 episodes.
Jun 17, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2012
Akanezora said:
Sapewloth said:
Will keep watching for Kagetane.

This. But in my case I think I'll continue for Tina too. Also, it's almost over, I'm surprised it's only 13 episodes.

I second that. It's almost over, might as well finish. 13 episodes weren't enough for shit.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 17, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Fight scene was short, but at least it looked awesome.

Kagetane is such an asshole, but like he's the special kind of asshole that can get away with it because he's mysterious and cool. lol.

That Gado guy, what a dick. That whole scene was basically him saying "I'm going to punish you for making the right decision, and we're going to send you in solo to kill the Gastrea, because even though I'm like rank 30 and clearly supposed to be better than you, I'm actually a big pussy with no skills".

Also, I'm just gonna throw this wild theory about the Kagetane mask scene out into the open...I think Kagetane might be Rentaro's dad or relative. I say this because A: we don't know if Rentaro's parents actually died, we didn't see any bodies. B: Kagetane's line of "what you'll see is yourself". and C: Kohina rocks the same haircut, and she's supposedly Kagetane's daughter.

My arguments against my own theory would be the last names, and how ridiculous of a cliché that would turn out to be.
Jonesy974Jun 17, 2014 9:34 PM
Jun 17, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
And the battle begins, but suffered massive casualties from the Spirit of Light beam. Gastrea going full out, but pretty weird that they retreated back. So there is a King and Queen of Gastrea, which they need to eradicate Pleiades, then go after the second one.

The old general or whatever was sort of a dickhead for risking Rentaro's life to destroy Pleiades. Even though there are some parts that are true, but he can't be harsh to him.

Oh Shi-, Kagetane is here, and ready to take action, but Rentaro still won't accept him. I'm also curious to see his face though. Now if Rentaro joins him, then they will finished this quick.

Jun 17, 2014 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
What actually bothered me was why the gastrea decided to back off or why they don't attack at night. Unless I missed a explanation. Then the part with where the dogs coulda killed Rentaro backed off for some unknown reason and got killed shortly after, why did they back off in the first place is what I'm wondering? Was it the same reason the big one decided to go back? Did Kagetane and Kohina have some gastrea bait...? Yea... wat.
Jun 17, 2014 10:21 PM

Nov 2012
That fight was quite fast, I was expecting something a bit longer.

I am glad Kategane and Kohina are doing fine. I got the feeling Rentaro might actually end up joining them at some point or the other way around. After what happened last episode Kategane does not seen so bad.
Jun 17, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
LaCrayCray said:

I think he might be his father, i tough of that when he said that line, so glad i wasnt the only one who thought so
Jun 17, 2014 10:40 PM

Mar 2014
Awesome episode. I actually enjoy Rentaro x Kisara a lot. Also Kagetane is a great character , Rentaro teaming up with him makes me look forward to their meeting with Pleiades. 5/5
Sad this series' season finale is next ep,i really enjoyed it all way through.Hope we get a 2nd season soon.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 17, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
Join the dark side!!

is it me or did Rentaro become weaker as this went on
Jun 17, 2014 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that baldy dude I hope he dies.

Looks like Rentarou is teaming up with maskey. Crazy episode, it felt like it started not where it left off last episode tho
Jun 17, 2014 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
Oh shit Kagetane is back. I've been waiting for this. Things are gonna get interesting..
Jun 17, 2014 11:17 PM
Mar 2014
Masked Guy's Initiator has a bone to pick with Enju cant wait till they fight again
Jun 17, 2014 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
The episode ends and I can't stop thinking that that is the sickest trio I have ever seen! :D
Jun 17, 2014 11:55 PM
Oct 2010
NwAurion said:
And i don't think he is the type that is convinced that Rentaro can pull it off, but rather, creating a win/win situation for himself: Either Rentaro dies, so he got his punishment, or he kills the Gastrea, with the commander claiming the spoils.

TBH the vibe I was getting was that he did it because he blames rentaro for his son's death.
Jun 18, 2014 1:21 AM

Feb 2012
I'm liking Kagetane this time around! For sure he's a badass character! Hope he kills that baldy! Lol!

The fighting scenes were so rushed! *Sigh*
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 18, 2014 2:11 AM

Jul 2012
Rentaro better not die off by himself.

Great episode!!!
Jun 18, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
neonBdragon said:
Rentaro better not die off by himself.

Is cool. Kagetane is with him.
Jun 18, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2010
The atmosphere in this episode was really something.

Kagatane showed up. Hope the world turns alright.
Jun 18, 2014 2:46 AM

May 2013
Kagetane. I'm just curious to who he is. Maybe in the next episode or last, he'll show his face and explain what he knows.
Jun 18, 2014 3:02 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned of single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode"). They do not contribute nor promote discussion thus, they must be removed.
Jun 18, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2010
Well it was obvious that Kagetane will be back. I don't like him though.
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jun 18, 2014 5:01 AM

May 2013
I was expecting a kiss from Kisara and Rentarou when he will have to leave but NOPE. Okay, what was that.

I like Kagetane in this episode, pretty funny and interesting character though very mysterious and not likeable that much. So they teamed up, lmao.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 18, 2014 5:11 AM
May 2014
Feels more like a build up, which is fine in my books, as long as it has an epic fight scene in the coming episodes. return of the masked man, wonder how that will turn out when they run into the rest of the team.

overall 4/5 since i don't mind build up episodes, they're kinda necessary when you have a big battle coming up, plus remember this will likely be the last battle of the series so i expect it to be big.
Jun 18, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
I dont really get why people think this is nothing but loli-service (I`m fine with that BTW) It has some serious stuff in it like the school bombing, the discrimination of the Cursed children, a lot more than just fanservice and lolis. At least thats my opinion, cant wait to see how things will end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.