Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 28, 2014 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
Madhouse has been very kind to us this week.

First that HxH episode, and now this. Both brilliantly executed beyond words.

I love you Madhouse.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 28, 2014 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Izuna's voice was alright and she was pretty cute.

I saw some Yu-gi-oh references.

I wonder what had happened to Sora after the credit at the end.
removed-userMay 28, 2014 4:15 PM
May 28, 2014 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Woah, That Static.... For a second I thought my Pc was dying.
May 28, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
I am utterly confused at that ending. What the hell happened to Sora?

Dam that ED part without Sora was genius!

This 7 day wait is going to be gruesome ._.
May 28, 2014 4:10 PM
Dec 2011
orangpelupa said:
Takuan_Soho said:
orangpelupa said:
tet just want for people to start enjoying playing games?

No, that isn't what he wants. Imagine that you are a god who loves beating people. Tet has won every single game in the world so now he is supreme and no one challenges him. How would that make you feel?

thank you again :) and takuan and mirailianil, please give me more hint :D

tet is bored right? then... ?

This is part speculation part spoilerish

May 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
So did Sora just disappear from existence to challenge the warbeasts.

Great episode!!!
May 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
The 8th episodes are pretty strong this season. First WIXOSS, now this.
May 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
I've been fairly critical of this series so far and couldn't understand all the fanboy hype this show has gotten the past couple of months but finally Madhouse delivered an episode that could launch me onto the hype train. We're finally diving into the world of the other races and seeing their abilities as well as their weaknesses which is something I've been waiting to see since the first episode. Love the cliffhanger at the end of this episode and it's nice to see one of the siblings actually have conflict and a challenge in front of them rather than "oh they're perfect and win at everything cause they're awesome." Very interested in seeing how Shiro will handle herself without Sora by her side. Also, thank you for the minimal fanservice this episode!!!!! It was nice being able to focus on the development of the show rather than have boob physics and pantie shots on the screen every few minutes :O
May 28, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
This is a speculation, I haven't read the LN or anything, but I (don't want to) believe that two things could had happen.
May 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2013
I am confused on so many counts. What was with them changing their bets? And what happened at the end?
May 28, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
TenseiKano said:
Dam that ED part without Sora was genius!

this, the way they edited Sora out as though it was a glitch of some sort was nice
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 28, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
New character~!
Izuna~! x3

So, what an episode!!! D:
Warbeasts~! xD Pretty dumb, since they lied about the mind reading stuff....and the way Sora and Shiro figured that out was epic! xD

But....what...happened to Sora?! D:
NO! D: Sora....is gone?! D:
WHAT!
THAT ENDING! Damn it! I really want to see that next episode! DX
May 28, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2012
fucking goosebumps..
"fake end" the ED is really fake lol..
poor Shiro all alone in that ED..
from light to BAness to mindblow.. great EP..

May 28, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
Spoilerific stuff ahead:

Javyer said:
This is a speculation, I haven't read the LN or anything, but I (don't want to) believe that two things could had happen.

No, seriously... there might be spoilers ahead, so unless you read the novels, or are fine being somewhat spoiled, do not open the spoiler tags.

Paint me surprised,
May 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
Steph's redundancy is getting annoying but she is cute :D

Clever clever!!! ED
VoooMay 28, 2014 5:05 PM
May 28, 2014 4:59 PM
Oct 2013
What an episode! I love how Sora is so confident - he friggin bets all of Imanity! The animation was great and wow that ending!
May 28, 2014 5:04 PM

Jan 2012
Freaking amazing episode!
Wow! The glitchy effect at the end was awesome!
May 28, 2014 5:05 PM
Mar 2014
If you're agonizing over the cliffhanger, they've been foreshadowing his next opponent here and there, and they even threw in a quick hint as to what the next game will be this episode. I won't say anything else, but they do give just enough scraps for people to figure out those two details.

For people who have read the LN, was the hint for the game in the novel? I can't remember. I thought it was a nice touch to give a nod to LN fans, but if it was already there, well...
Renge is love, Renge is life.
May 28, 2014 5:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Excellent excellent excellent.

Love the mind games Sora and Shiro play. It's so much more refreshing to watch smart main characters, instead of idiotic strong ones.

What they did with the ED was just great. The ending with Sora gone left me speechless. Kudos to Madhouse!

Also Yu-Gi-Oh! reference. Man, I love this show.
May 28, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 2013
There not gonna change the opening in the next episode right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
The episode began entertaining, became serious and ended mysterious
Sora was again the protagonist alone, but in the end it just vanished and been forgotten, it seems that this time will be that Shiro will have the chance to be a protagonist
but this is only the beginning of the mystery, only in the next episode to know what happened, but already I found this episode better than the previous in question of the plot
May 28, 2014 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
I have no idea what's going on, but _____ never losses, and this can't be happening! Props for breaching the 4th wall, really loved it.

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

May 28, 2014 5:48 PM

Apr 2014
Well now... I wasn't expecting THAT to happen. Tune in next week for the fate of Imanity (and Steph's panties)
May 28, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2013
Oh this anime will never seem to disappoint me. <3
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 28, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
Words can't even describe how impressed I am with this show now. Its been sometime since I have felt this excited about a series and just could not wait to see what next week has in store.

That ED was really well done, reminded me of FMA episode 7 ending tribute to Nina Tucker where Edward had an expression where he was fighting not to shed tears instead of looking at AL with comfort. For those that are interested, watch the ending in the following link number 1 and compare it to the normal version in number 2. Notice in the changes in animation and the final 5 seconds of the ED.
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAWJkGJTwY
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcCY2OE4aI

Though I am not sure what happened to Sora, I assume that he was approached by the Elven race as he mentioned that he expected a race with more backbone than the Werebeast that have delayed setting the date for the game and was a key in beating the Werebeast. The anticipation... NEXT WEEK COME FASTER!!!!!
May 28, 2014 7:03 PM

Sep 2010
omfg dat end, dat cliff hanger.. seriously can't wait for next week ;3;.. my guess is that the warbeasts might have wiped everyone's memories of Sora and hid him somewhere away.. either way next ep going to be even more and more epic ahh s2 plssssssss
May 28, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
Dayumn nice touch on the ED noticed the episode had a bit more near the end so i stopped during the sound glitching lol.

I guess you could say i'm Curious to know where Sora went!...at first i thought he might have somehow went to the real world but he said he was waiting for someone wonder how hes gonna do this without Shrio
May 28, 2014 7:43 PM
Jul 2013
I'm starting to HATE you DOLA-CHAN...................

i'm tired of you believing the siblings for a moment then doubting them again nonstop, jeez make up your mind, you BIPOLAR

you should have permanently trusted them when you saw TET talking to the siblings jeez are you really an academy graduate DOLA-CHAN?

and i NOTICE that IZUNO-CHAN is just maybe might be an android, or just pure ROBOT crap

she's CUTER than SHIRO but if she's a freaking robot, i'd prefer SHIRO
May 28, 2014 7:49 PM
May 2014
Sora doesnt exists??????? Why???? :====(

Crying here :=====(
May 28, 2014 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
kramXD said:

i'm tired of you believing the siblings for a moment then doubting them again nonstop, jeez make up your mind, you BIPOLAR

you should have permanently trusted them when you saw TET talking to the siblings jeez are you really an academy graduate DOLA-CHAN?

and i NOTICE that IZUNO-CHAN is just maybe might be an android, or just pure ROBOT crap

How can you even say that with a straight face? It's been mentioned in this episode that no one has ever tried to bet a Race Piece on a game.

If I were Steph, I would be of the same attitude as well. I wouldn't dare trust those newly appointed siblings with such a tremendous bet. No matter how good you are, there are lives at stake.
May 28, 2014 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna assume he disappeared because of the "video game" thing.
May 28, 2014 8:04 PM
Jul 2013
ligonis1337 said:
kramXD said:

How can you even say that with a straight face? It's been mentioned in this episode that no one has ever tried to bet a Race Piece on a game.

If I were Steph, I would be of the same attitude as well. I wouldn't dare trust those newly appointed siblings with such a tremendous bet. No matter how good you are, there are lives at stake.

haven't you hear what jibril and sora said there is no responsibility its all or nothing
if they don't make a move like that they will all die
May 28, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2013
I'll be reading all comments.
*But if anyone can make this simpler...
-----Why did Sora disappear?
-------WHY?????
and Steph doesn't know Sora.. does that mean Sora deliberately bet his own existence? why is Shiro the only one who can remember him? o.o
I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW
May 28, 2014 8:10 PM
Oct 2012
kramXD said:
haven't you hear what jibril and sora said there is no responsibility its all or nothing

You misunderstood Jibiriru, she was as bamboozled as Steph was. Watch the table scene again, she was in complete disbelief.

What she saw was the weakest race on the cusp of dying risking everything for a chance at glory, that if the humans won they could do the same thing (i.e. butcher) the werebeasts. As a "angel of death" whose race loves slaughter, of course that image would appeal to her. But that is the view of the "strong" who really don't think they are going to lose, not the weak who damn well know that they could lose.

The reason that Steph looks bipolar is because every time she begins to have hope in the siblings, they do something even more brazen; whereas for her entire life, Steph's only goal has been to save humanity from being put into that position.
May 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah it was a good episode. I love the tactical aspects of this anime
May 28, 2014 8:18 PM
Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
kramXD said:

You misunderstood Jibiriru, she was as bamboozled as Steph was. Watch the table scene again, she was in complete disbelief.

What she saw was the weakest race on the cusp of dying risking everything for a chance at glory, that if the humans won they could do the same thing (i.e. butcher) the werebeasts. As a "angel of death" whose race loves slaughter, of course that image would appeal to her. But that is the view of the "strong" who really don't think they are going to lose, not the weak who damn well know that they could lose.

The reason that Steph looks bipolar is because every time she begins to have hope in the siblings, they do something even more brazen; whereas for her entire life, Steph's only goal has been to save humanity from being put into that position.

yeah, but still the siblings said checkmate surely Dola-chan........ should ahhhh this is pointless
May 28, 2014 8:20 PM
Feb 2014
I was hoping angel face was going to strip, majorly disappointing.
and i wan't dola-chan dies soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes i get why she would react like she does but other times she's just unwanted fanservice.

The ending made no sense and im really hoping that next episode wraps up the game and isn't a episode that establishes sora and shiro's past. i wouldnt mind if that was a few minutes but 20+ minutes is z bit much.

also just realized that shiro has a cat mouth (could be dog or mouse)
I only read books i have already read
May 28, 2014 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
Anime of the season my ass
No plot whatsoever, just constant explanation how you outsmart you opponent and trick them to play game with you..
"Burn the heretics"
May 28, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
Dat Hyouka and Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Welp, as expected to Miyuki Sawashiro voicing Izana. And I thought that there's problem in the audio when the ED starts playing but it turns out that Sora... disappeared?
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 28, 2014 8:22 PM
May 2014
I think sora will be back he did say he was going to get the final piece to bring down the warbeast and his is a major character
May 28, 2014 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
SweetCoconut said:
Dat Hyouka and Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Welp, as expected to Miyuki Sawashiro voicing Izana. And I thought that there's problem in the audio when the ED starts playing but it turns out that Sora... disappeared?

Watashi wa... KININARIMASU!

Ehh Takuan keeps all the fun for himself. I rarely get the chance to reply haha.

@toaki

The why are you still here? Go watch whatever it is youre watching and let this anime be.
May 28, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2009
The Werebeast clans seemed to have taken the mantle of developing traditional technology from humans. I guess the constant warfare before unification helped spur a lot of tech advancement.

But Yeah, that ending truly wrenches ones heart.

Also just noticed there's a whole bunch of shots focusing on certain things in the scene prior to the ending theme. Omega Good Job.
NettoAzureMay 28, 2014 8:40 PM
May 28, 2014 8:44 PM

Nov 2012
mirailianil said:
Takuan_Soho said:
orangpelupa said:
can somebody explain to me like im 5 years old? about the story in this episode?

im super confused about how sora says that its baffling no one ever understand the game and it make him sure "tet the good" feel bored. etc...

To Steph and Jibiriru the "goal" of the games was for the various races to fight each other and defeat the other races. Even the Old Deus had the same mindset when they appeared at the start of episode 5.

That isn't what Tet had in mind.

Sora and Shiro get it, it was hinted at during the episode Tet visited them, and the reason why Shiro said "poor Tet" is that no one understood what Tet really wanted.

Yea. The clue is on the 10 pledges/laws/oaths. Specifically the one that nobody seemed to follow.

Yeah pointing out the obvious here, but it's because only pledges 1 down to 9 are mandatory and can't be changed. # 10 is quite...subjective for a world with races still bent on hating each other.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
May 28, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
I hate you guys. -_-
Now all that's left for me is to combine all of your speculations and spoilers to one. I haven't read the LN and pretty much sure the Anime is ahead of the Manga, so no use of reading it.
But honestly; if anyone could give me a better insight or just a little tip... Please feel free to message.. xD
But hey! I love the Hyouka reference, the ending was so good putting the mood together, and totally the best anime of the season- maybe year perhaps?
May 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
"watashi ki ni narimasu!" -Jibril(Chitanda Eru) xD lol

but seriously though, that ending gave me goosebumps
can't wait till next week

dat Steph said "Who is that?" it sounded really loud and it's very horrifying..
this has turned into horror
juviegarMay 28, 2014 11:03 PM
May 28, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
-Stratus- said:
I hate you guys. -_-
Now all that's left for me is to combine all of your speculations and spoilers to one. I haven't read the LN and pretty much sure the Anime is ahead of the Manga, so no use of reading it.
But honestly; if anyone could give me a better insight or just a little tip... Please feel free to message.. xD

Hints:

May 28, 2014 9:07 PM

Jul 2013
NettoAzure said:
-Stratus- said:
I hate you guys. -_-

Hints:

Yep... I've repeated it a lot of times,... Day 19, is the game 'Go?', I've speculated that a higher rank interrupted the game or it is Tet.. xD (I just don't get to why why Day 19 is important.. xD
This just proves my deductive skills ain't that good enough... But still thanks! I'll put myself into deeper thinking
May 28, 2014 9:18 PM
Oct 2012
-Stratus- said:
Yep... I've repeated it a lot of times,... Day 19, is the game 'Go?', I've speculated that a higher rank interrupted the game or it is Tet.. xD (I just don't get to why why Day 19 is important.. xD
This just proves my deductive skills ain't that good enough... But still thanks! I'll put myself into deeper thinking

The game is othello (or reversi), not go, only bringing this up because go is a different game (and far more complex). Small tidbit is that I used to play othello a lot as a kid and never knew it was invented in japan until much much later; then again I didn't know that the transformers was Japanese until I was an adult as well. Shows how provincial (i.e. American) my upbringing was!

Speaking of which, my first exposure to "beastgirls" was Thunder Cats (ah Cheetara!), so this isn't something new :-)

I think the only importance of the 19th is that it tells us that Shiro has missed a day (since her tablet says the 21st).
May 28, 2014 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
Oh noo the cute pair is seperated </3
I hope they get back together soon :')
May 28, 2014 9:28 PM

Jan 2008
The warbeasts make people forget things, now everyone has forgotten someone. That seems like a very strong connection to me. Why is the better questions.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.