Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 7:47 PM
Feb 2012
gamer2710 said:
Oh boy, what a letdown. I thought I'd get to see some more development.

5/10

Okey. And what about the others? does author was only concerned about Kouko and Banri? Okey,they have got together. Fine? Maybe. What about Linda,Mitsuo and Oka Chan. in the past Linda gave Banri answer "yes" but he didnt know. when he got to find out that...Its too late? Anyway,what about Linda feelings,About Mitsuo,Oka future? How their future would have to develop? Gosh...This anime really disappointed me in the end... Never expected such fussy end. And I also didnt like all the time these "past" "present" Banri.. 50 per cent of anime was concentrated on that it looks like Author have forgotten about other characters developement. Sorry,i would say 6 or 7... the first half of anime for me was fine.other..i dont know. The ending, come on! have to do better than this :<
Mar 27, 2014 7:58 PM

Oct 2013
I've got nothing good to say for this anime
So, I'll keep quiet

Except one thing
I really need to get this out of my system
THIS SHOW IS FUCKING CHEESY IT GAVE ME COOTIES
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 27, 2014 8:05 PM

May 2013
It was okay and good thing they kissed unlike others that I watched. The ending was finished with a quick kiss. I really thought that Banri was going to propose at the end but it didn't, what a bummer.

I was surprised when Linda went to Banri. I thought to myself that it was an unusual turn of events, which I didn't like. I really appreciate the Supporting Characters here because they tried to maintain the relationship, they're really good friends.

I'll give it a 8/10 it was good, as expected for a romance anime.
Mar 27, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
I gotta say 2D-kun is easily the MVP here, Yana-san (true bro) and Nana-senpai co-MVP's, I liked Chinami too! Kind of felt bad for Linda, but I guess she's alright with this. Pretty nice friendship here.
Mar 27, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Can somebody please make a gif of 2D-Kun typing on the PC, pretty pretty please? Thanks.
Mar 27, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2013
ShingekiMZ said:
I gotta say 2D-kun is easily the MVP here, Yana-san (true bro) and Nana-senpai co-MVP's, I liked Chinami too! Kind of felt bad for Linda, but I guess she's alright with this. Pretty nice friendship here.

Yana is a fake bro ;P
Mar 27, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2010
A fantastic ending to a fantastic series! Everyone ended up happily, and 2D-Kun got to be the ultimate bro and saved the day! Plus Banri finally got to make peace with himself, and found his own happiness. I'm also glad that Linda was able to confess her feelings once and for all, before finally being able to move on as well.

While the first half of this show was better than the second half, the second half isn't much to sneeze at! It is well structured with characters you actually care about and relationships that feel real even with the quasi supernatural elements thrown in there. Sure there were some lows, the car accident comes to mind, but the rest of the series flowed very naturally, and each episode felt short, which is unusual for anime in my opinion.

Great watch! I'll give it a 9/10!

Aug 2013
I was hoping that Banri and Koko end together...I was shipping them from the beginning.

I kinda like the ending and I don't know why but I was about to cry owo
It was a really good romance anime.
9/10
Oct 2013
Vortiene said:
Ending was too easy, give us everything we want without any sacrifice or effort doesn't resonate well with me. It's like he ended up with her just as a stroke of fate that he remembered, rather than because he worked hard building up tolerance or something. (Like tomoya collecting the light orbs and basically earning the ending.)

8/10 otherwise

Favorite characters: Nana, and 2-d kun

Yeah, you've summed up my thoughts and I agree with you completely. I thought the ending was disappointing... I love the happy ending, but I kind of felt like the sudden memory return and whole bridge scene w/ the ghost was a cop-out way to resolve the conflict. I enjoyed the series overall, but like somebody in this thread said before, I feel the ending wasn't really emotional, but just cheesy...
Mar 27, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Gonna miss this show.
Banri and Koko got back together which was great.
Overall a great show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 27, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
oh my feelings T.T i loved it !!!!!!!!! banrixkoko best couple ever!

what will become of me in the next few weeks without golden

i'm crying now T.T
Mar 27, 2014 8:30 PM

Dec 2011
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Great episode. Gonna miss this show.
Banri and Koko got back together which was great.
Overall a great show.

agree.

Mar 27, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2011
iDara09 said:
About Linda, I think she will end up with Yana (my assumption, as she smile in a doki-doki way while Yana is recording her, plus Yana is in love with her, right?).

Not sure why they did that as in the final volume of the LN its Oka and Yana as a couple. Perhaps the show producers only had a rough draft and so wern't sure how that ship went, or perhaps they thought people would feel bad for Linda if she had no hinted future romance?

Anyway .. I found the last episode disappointing, not because of the story but because some of the big 'emotional' scenes just felt flat. The bridge scene was wierd and suffered from major continuity problems.

Also .. who the hell was driving the scooter!!!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2013
Wow that was... a very simple ending. But I still loved the show anyway, wouldn't mind a second season but that probably won't happen.
Mar 27, 2014 8:39 PM
Nov 2013
Super satisfied with the ending. Fucking fantastic. I loved Golden time and it's getting an 8/10 from me.
Mar 27, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2007
Gonna miss 2D-kun. He was the real main show of the anime and they could really do a great favour if they made Golden Time: Nijigen-kun Forever into an anime instead.

Cannot complain with the way it ended seeing Koko and Banri ending up together but we didn't get to see what happens in the love triangle of Linda, Mitsuo and Oka. Did they cover anything in the light novel?

7/10. Won't miss it, but it didn't waste my time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2010
Mg the tears but hey at least. Get Banri x Koko :)
I am a happy viewer!!
The bridge scene was sweet
I kinda thought when Linda gave Banri shoes and told him to run it reminded me of forest gump
Run forest ,run, run ,forest!!!
It was a great drama that got me hooked since the first episode.
I am glad I saw to the end
I want to see the wedding ,I don't care if it is cheesy.
Mar 27, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2008
Sad it's over, happy for the ending.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Mar 27, 2014 8:47 PM

Jul 2010
good riddance honestly. really had a lot of potiential at the beginning, especially since college/uni animes are rare. than again, this is from the same dude as toradora....

Mar 27, 2014 8:48 PM

Feb 2014
I'm a bit late to the party here, but that doesn't matter!

Golden Time Finale

A triumph of an anime. One of the best slice of life anime that I've ever watched (which I guess isn't very many, but still!). I liked it even more than Toradora.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending. And the Eiffel Tower bit at the end, just teasing us! Absolutely perfect.

This anime was one hell of ride. 10/10 for me.

And I just want to say that everyone here seems to be way more positive towards this anime than the folks over in Crunchyroll forums. God, there's so many people that are just hammering this anime.
LoomyTheBrewMar 27, 2014 8:57 PM
Mar 27, 2014 9:00 PM
Nov 2010
2D-kun Best character
Mar 27, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
It is a predictable ending in my opinion. The strength of Golden Time lies in the fact that the characters whom I initially disliked are able to grow on me. While I was a Linda supporter from the beginning, towards the end of the show I did like the Banri x Koko relationship. However, I feel that there was abit too much emphasis on Banri x Koko's relationship and there were many slow episodes in the middle where little to no progress was made. The drama in the anime isn't particularly well written, but it manages to keep me interested throughout the series.

Overall, I really enjoyed following this series from week one until the very end. Too bad the other characters never really got a proper resolution. (Except hints at Mitsuo x Linda)

7/10
Mar 27, 2014 9:03 PM

Feb 2012
That bridge scene was just a mess.

I think they butchered what could have been a good finale. They really just stuffed that episode with as much content as they possibly could...
Mar 27, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2013
shanimebib said:
Gonna miss 2D-kun. He was the real main show of the anime and they could really do a great favour if they made Golden Time: Nijigen-kun Forever into an anime instead.

Whoooaaaaa all of a sudden more interested in this than Golden Time itself ;/
Mar 27, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
LoomyTheBrew said:
I'm a bit late to the party here, but that doesn't matter!

This anime was one hell of ride. 10/10 for me.

And I just want to say that everyone here seems to be way more positive towards this anime than the folks over in Crunchyroll forums. God, there's so many people that are just hammering this anime.

I'm noticing a trend with the ppl that hate or love this anime (not scientifically proven)
the ones that love this anime have NOT actually watched any or enough anime to begin with. ppl that have watched enough anime know that this wasn't actually all that good, in fact it was bad. had legit potential in the beginning, but no follow through.

Nagi no asukura is a much better anime if you were looking for a drama/romance thing, and it was airing at the same time as this, so if you were watching it, you can see the difference in actual plot and character development

Mar 27, 2014 9:08 PM
Mar 2014
I was shipping BanrixLinda the whole time, so it was a sad ending for me. I give the series a 6/10. Linda's character is a lot better than Koko
Fav Anime - Toradora, Evangelion, Clannad, Kanon, Attack on Titan and Nagi no Asukara
Mar 27, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
I'm absolutely torn on how to rate this show. I liked the show a lot before Ghost Banri gained more screen time, and after that everything went downhill for me. Was it because I failed to achieve suspension of disbelief? The whole idea of an amnesiac person losing his new memories when he remembers his old memories is just plain stupid. It felt like contrived drama and it insulted everyone's intelligence. If this was set in a fantasy world, I would have let it slide but this time...no. Just no.

I don't have anything good to say so I'm not even going to talk about that bridge scene.

6/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 27, 2014 9:27 PM
Feb 2014
2D-kun and Oka-chan never got together
I is upset!
Mar 27, 2014 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
Another good release by J.C. Staff I guess... The only thing which was terrible in this whole series was the 2nd OP, If it wasn't for that I would've given it a solid 10/10 but... no... so it gets a

9/10
Mar 27, 2014 9:47 PM
Nov 2010
I like the final result (Koko x Banri) but holy crap was this episode/show all over the place. There are so many WTF moments in the last episode, we can't cover them all.

Does anyone know how he got the ring back in his pocket after he dropped it into the river months before? Did Ghost Banri (the douche-iest ghost ever) somehow materialize and go looking for it and then slip it into the pocket of Banri's hoodie on the day he somehow knew Koko would show up?

Anyone??
Mar 27, 2014 9:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
supermegasonic said:
really had a lot of potiential at the beginning, especially since college/uni animes are rare.

Yeah, I was all up for it in the beginning, and I loved the way it tackled Banri's amnesia conflict, but then with the whole ghost Banri thing and other drama, it was difficult to keep liking it :( I stopped caring for Banri and Kouko after maybe a third of the episodes. 2D-kun, Yana, and Linda (and Nana too) ended up being my favorites instead. It was a pretty interesting ride, though this last episode felt way too rushed and the bridge scene made me laugh...but at least it confirmed that Linda did like Banri.

7godeohs said:
I like the final result (Koko x Banri) but holy crap was this episode/show all over the place. There are so many WTF moments in the last episode, we can't cover them all.

Lol I know what you mean. This episode also felt very choppy.
Mar 27, 2014 9:54 PM

Mar 2014
It was a good anime. Too bad we didn't get to see their Paris trip to see Banri get laid :(

A solid 8/10 from me!
Mar 27, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014

I feel sorry for Oka, now Linda is beginning to fall for Yana (o_O)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 27, 2014 9:57 PM

Nov 2010
Most predictable ending of last 2 seasons.
Mar 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2013
So Linda said yes this episode and pretty much folded herself out the equation for Koko, saying that I do love you but not want to be a third wheel a little like Sophia in Chuu. All the characters basically worked on getting KoKo and Banri back together so if Linda fans that are butthurt from it, sorry but KoKo gets her promise =).

The only thing that really bothered me this whole series was Ghost Banri starting from episode 13. He finally got his Yes from Linda and is going on his merry way and really didn't cause anything traumatic to happen to the plot so I'm going to let it pass.

I'm going to give a non-permanent grade of a 9.0, giving a 9/10 if this is the only season of Golden Time. I feel completely satisfied if this is the end of Golden Time. I really don't need a season 2, I wouldn't mind if it came around but I don't know what drama they could provide anymore.
Mar 27, 2014 10:31 PM
Feb 2010
Liked it. The only weird part was Linda seemingly talking to Gohst Banri. I also liked how Gohst Banri comming back also bought the ring with him that was funny.
Mar 27, 2014 10:41 PM

May 2009
won't they reveal who was the one who caused banri to fall?

still soo many questions left unanswered -___-

did the novel ended like this too?
Mar 27, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
Great series didn't hate a single episode. Also a very nice ending to one of the best romances this season.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 27, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
Nice Happy Ending :)

Mar 27, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
I wonder why people would give this anime a 9/10 or better. Since most of the people here who are giving it a 9/10 based on the romance theme, here are some anime that aired in the same time over the last two seasons with this anime.

Best Slice of Life/Romance: Gin no Saji 2
Best Drama/Romance: Nagi no Asukara, White Album 2
Best Comedy/Romance: D-Frag, Mikakunin, Nisekoi
Best Fantasy/Romance: Little Busters! ~ Refrain
Best Mystery/Romance: Monogatari Second Season

All these anime had way better romance than Golden Time imho. Taste can vary so much! Just sayin'
shanimebibMar 27, 2014 10:52 PM
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2014 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
Twee said:

A guy on a scooter made him fall, It was clearly shown in the anime. The identity of the man is irrelevant to the plot.
-Fixing-
Mar 27, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
Wilio said:
Twee said:

A guy on a scooter made him fall, It was clearly shown in the anime. The identity of the man is irrelevant to the plot.

The guy in the scooter is the reason why Koko and Banri got to be together. Props to Scooter no oji-san. :D
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2014 10:52 PM

May 2013
Wow this anime was great. Even better than Toradora for me. I couldn't make up my mind if I was going to support Linda or Koko. Linda was really great in the first half but the second half it was all about Koko and I guess I didn't want a repeat of Toradora happening which wrecked my heart so I went for Koko and Banri, and it was indeed a very satisfying finale.

What was wrong with Toradora for me:

So a question guys.. When Ghost Banri left does that mean the current Banri lost his memories before the accident again?
KrasaMar 27, 2014 11:00 PM
Mar 27, 2014 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
Krasa said:
Wow this anime was great. Even better than Toradora for me. I couldn't make up my mind if I was going to support Linda or Koko. Linda was really great in the first half but the second half it was all about Koko and I guess I didn't want a repeat of Toradora happening which wrecked my heart so I went for Koko and Banri, and it was indeed a very satisfying finale.

What was wrong with Toradora for me:

So a question guys.. When Ghost Banri left does that mean the current Banri lost his memories before the accident again?

I have a question too. Are you sure it is not just Horie Yui that you ship for? Nothing wrong there. I know why anyone would ship her!
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2014 11:08 PM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Krasa said:
Wow this anime was great. Even better than T
I have a question too. Are you sure it is not just Horie Yui that you ship for? Nothing wrong there. I know why anyone would ship her!

I don't usually take notice of seiyuu etc but I guess props to her for causing the opening and ending songs to do an infinite loop in my head. And wow she voiced Ryuunosuke and Tsurara too.
Mar 27, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2012
Mullegun said:
It was a cliche ending, but fuck it. I loved it. This show has brought me everywhere on the feels scale and man it was a hard ride. This anime was sure one of the ones where I didn't know what was going to happen next.

^^^ This. KokoxBanri >> doe lol
Mar 27, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
Completely satisfying ending.
Golden Time was a great ride.
9/10
Mar 27, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
So Banri forgot most of his memories, but his old memories came back…? I guess its conflicting him when he doesn’t remember who his friends are, but only remembers Linda. Well that was short lived when he began to regain his memories back.

Ending really didn't surprise me, it felt rushed and cliche in a couple of scenes. Well at least they wrapped things up in a good end. 8/10

Mar 27, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 2011
This is like the have your cake and eat it too ending. Banri and Ghost Banri are happy, and both Linda AND Koko are chosen.
I dunno, I feel like this episode completely nullified the previous episode, which was really good. In fact, I think I would have liked this series more if it ended sourly on episode 23. This ending was just too convenient for everybody. You can't make the love triangle and not have somebody lose out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
GoldenWasted Time.
It had its moments, but meh...
6/10

opps.. changed my mind... 5/10.
shanimebib said:
Wilio said:

The guy in the scooter is the reason why Koko and Banri got to be together. Props to Scooter no oji-san. :D
julyanMar 27, 2014 11:39 PM
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.