Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2009 5:41 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gyabo, Taxi Driver without the taxi.
Minoru and and Santana should give up on singing like that though, they'll never be like him.

On a second note, this episode reminded me a lot bout Ichinose, Kotomi, in more ways than one perhaps. Just a random guess, but Hakko may be able to communicate safely via kiss?

Glad to see Yunyun alive though. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2009 7:35 PM
Aug 2009
CANAAN and Maria look like they have a thing for each other? Or maybe I'm wrong? W/e I kind of want to think of them as a yuri pairing for some reason.

Does the moon (buildings) look similar to anyone? - it seems to appear a lot in the series?

"In the opening theme, we see Maria glowing golden as if she were using some kind of power, and her dialog to Canaan about wishing to shine as she does could be somewhat foreshadowing a literal ’shining’ on her part, which may reflect the fact that Canaan’s ’shining’ is likely related to her own powers. So, I’m looking forward to a super-powered Maria in the future!" - http://fuzakenna.com/

Does anyone think agree with this? I sure do.
x0utmyheartAug 22, 2009 10:36 PM
Aug 22, 2009 9:11 PM
Aug 2009
This is great stuff :D
YunYun! <3 <3
x0utmyheart said:

CANAAN and Maria look like they have a thing for each other?

very yuri
Aug 22, 2009 9:35 PM

Jul 2008
hmm interesting episode
so they plan to go back to the lost village
and once again we meet the taxi driver XD
and YunYun is back lolz

HawthorneKitty said:

Gyabo, Taxi Driver without the taxi.
Minoru and and Santana should give up on singing like that though, they'll never be like him.

lolz agreed
Aug 23, 2009 1:25 AM

Dec 2007
Well, regarding Maria developing some kind of power, I'd be surprised if she didn't

And it appears that Hakko's voice is a powerful sonic weapon. Not surprising that she doesn't speak. I wonder if she'll intentionally use it as an attack at some point - could be quite useful.
Aug 23, 2009 2:09 AM

Jul 2009
I didnt like this episode very much. There was not much of action, little of yun-yun and little of taxy driver. I hated the "romantic scene" too. If something doesnt happen soon, im dropping it for good.
Aug 23, 2009 2:16 AM
Jan 2008
So it's true Canaan can't sense/see colours any more. That puts her to a huge disadvantage. I have no idea how this is gonna end.

Hakko's story was sad. ): She doesn't speak because it hurts others. Mamiko Noto's voice is lovely though, but we probably won't hear much of it.

Yay for YunYun!
Aug 23, 2009 5:06 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty good episode....dang I hope Canaan can sense/see colors soon she seems at a lost without them. :(

And Hakko too bad she can't talk D: (I wanna here Mami-chan voice a bit more) also I wonder what Canaan did the reason why Hakko said to her "It's your fault" I hope they get to in the next episode.

Yun Yun is everywhere o.o

xD At Canaan and Maria little Yuri-Moment that they had.
Aug 23, 2009 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
So let me get this straight: Hakko's voice can blow up a human head after speaking to anyone or a group near her for sometime.
The Snakes are used by USA as a scapegoat to attack Third World countries and the UA virus might be a USA experiment gone wrong (not sure about this one).
Among the many scenes:

The fact that Hakko blew up a kid's head with her powers FREAKED ME OUT!

Maria with CANAAN scene here was nice. Maria even blushed and wants CANAAN to be with her forever. I hope so too.

I also found interesting CANAAN color codes such as blue being a killer intent and Nene's concert until it was interrupted.

My question at the end would be: Why does Hakko accuse CANAAN being at fault for what happened to the village? Could she been a pilot project subject for the UA virus?

Aug 23, 2009 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
Impossible. Mamiko Noto's voice is for soothing purposes only. It never carries any ill intent. Hakko got her biggest contribution to the story in this episode. She has a devestating power and carries some ill intentions about Canaan despite knowing the person who erased her town. Canaan's feeling very vulnerable because she feels lost in her ability to protect Maria. And the taxi driver made this episode full of win.
Aug 23, 2009 7:28 AM

Aug 2009
I really don't like how its getting more confusing all the time. Didn't like this one as much but the next one looks smexy :3
Aug 23, 2009 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
Definite got a bit of Maria Canaan feeling in this episode xD

Hehe <3 Yun-yun! Poor Hakko though... must have suffered a lot to act that way.
Aug 23, 2009 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
With or without the actual taxi, Taxi Driver is always epic, no exceptions.

Aug 23, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
Im sad for Hakko. :( It must be tough tonot speak.
Yunyunnnnnn! <3 I knew we would see her somewhere this episode.
And Canaan lost her ability to see the colors.. D:
Aug 23, 2009 1:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So the kid died because she talked, damn.

Great episode, I enjoyed it a lot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 23, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*...

I... am... Cummings... NOT !!!

1/5 ep, "im very disappointed how new episode of canaan sucks over-sized monkey balls. Its awful: no Liang Qi, no action, just talk", like somebody said. Only this scene was worth watching...

So... Where is the Yuri SMEX ? Just SMEX-ing that Moe shit girl already, GDODAMMIT, since it might give her a purpose to be in this show. Why the hell I just wasted >20 mins of my life for? Gimme back those 20 mins ! Damn you, Canaan, just TAKE HER DOWN, go practice some football to master the art of TAKING SOMEBODY DOWN, if you know what I mean...
BitchMasterAug 23, 2009 2:27 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 23, 2009 2:21 PM
Dec 2007
Direction is awesome, atmosphere is awesome, setting is awesome, animation is awesome, Masahiro Ando is awesome. CANAAN is the best show of the season with S&W II and Unnkn. By far.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 23, 2009 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
So Maria indirectly declares her love to Canaan and Hakko can kill people with her voice. Lolzwut? I wonder what's up with Hakko's beef with Canaan.
Aug 23, 2009 3:25 PM
Jun 2008
Lmao, when I saw that cloaked figure on the bike in the end, I just thought, "Omg... Yun Yun."
Aug 23, 2009 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
wait, are they driving from Shanghai all the way to the middle east? Isn't that like....several hundred thousands of miles away?
Aug 23, 2009 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, with a very somber mood. I can't wait to see in which way Canaan is related in all of this.

And lol @ all the people going "episode sux no action". Poor people with the attention span of a 10 year old.
Aug 23, 2009 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
BitchMaster said:
*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*...

I... am... Cummings... NOT !!!

1/5 ep, "im very disappointed how new episode of canaan sucks over-sized monkey balls. Its awful: no Liang Qi, no action, just talk", like somebody said. Only this scene was worth watching...

So... Where is the Yuri SMEX ? Just SMEX-ing that Moe shit girl already, GDODAMMIT, since it might give her a purpose to be in this show. Why the hell I just wasted >20 mins of my life for? Gimme back those 20 mins ! Damn you, Canaan, just TAKE HER DOWN, go practice some football to master the art of TAKING SOMEBODY DOWN, if you know what I mean...

Hey that was another scene I liked too. There is some dark Yuri shadowed with the holding hands scene of CANAAN x Maria but this scene is also HOT. I think SMEX might be only DVD in full version. They have cut bits of it.

quicksilverzx said:
wait, are they driving from Shanghai all the way to the middle east? Isn't that like....several hundred thousands of miles away?

You got IT WRONG! There is a dessert around the Chinese continent. It migth be there.

Aug 23, 2009 4:26 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't think it was as good as the others but liked the part with canaan and maria, very touching
Aug 23, 2009 4:27 PM

Feb 2009
I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit more than most of the others. It's nice seeing some character development. Still needs more taxi driver, though :).

Next week should be interesting. Hakko seems to have some serious hate towards Canaan.
Aug 23, 2009 4:31 PM

Jun 2008
I was confused when that kid died at first, then I realized that he died because of Hakkoh voice. Anyway nice episode.
Aug 23, 2009 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
And yet another great episode, YunYun is also back... hooray!
Aug 23, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2007
Lol at the yuri bit. D: Does not want though.
Anyway... I want to see more of Hakko's character, shes like the most interesting one. Her 'power' is both awesome and creepy.

Aug 23, 2009 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
Lol where the hell Was yunyun goin on a bike sellin meat buns lol WTF?
Aug 23, 2009 5:55 PM
Jun 2008
Belum_Nabum said:
There is a dessert around the Chinese continent. It migth be there.

What kind? Chocolate éclairs? Or maybe vanilla pudding...?

NoyaChan said:

Fail.
Aug 23, 2009 6:04 PM

May 2009
Hakku seems a little op with her power, not that colors arent lol. Also how does YunYun live now that she's not getting that thing from snakes?
Aug 23, 2009 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
What I liked best of this episode are the deeper layers we get from almost all the characters. Maria's hollowness, Hakko's trauma. The way colors have become a crutch for Canaan is the most engaging. Everyday 'normalcy' for everyone else becomes this confusing, frightening world for her.

Maybe Maria will gain more independence from Canaan as she wishes... while Canaan will become more reliant on Maria due to her colorless existence? Hooray for inversion!
Aug 23, 2009 6:32 PM

Jun 2007
Why are people surprised that Hakkoh's voice hurts people? Two episodes ago they showed her casually talk to Mino and he starts grabbing his ears and yelling lol.

Sucks that Canaan lost her colors. I'm sure she will get them back somehow when she visits her old village. I wonder what Canaan did to piss Hakkoh off though. Must be something related to the Snakes since Canaan was to young at the time to be the cause of the village being destroyed.
Aug 23, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2008
I'm wondering the same thing, DeathfireD. For me, it felt like this episode didn't really do anything except for move the characters, and give us the snippet that the town was an experiment site. Everything else (Hakko's voice, Maria/Canaan, and blah blah Alphard is a nihilist) seemed like a rehash. No developments in character relationships or plot. Very stagnant.
Aug 23, 2009 8:16 PM

Apr 2008
CUMMINGS WAS NOT SHOT EVEN ONCE
I AM DISAPPOINTED
Aug 23, 2009 9:38 PM

Aug 2009
tehnominator said:
Belum_Nabum said:

NoyaChan said:

Fail.

Well I heard it is something like the Moggi desert but I am not sure. I do think there might be one. There is one in the USA so China might have one.

Aug 23, 2009 10:46 PM

Feb 2009
Lol at Japanese speaking Chinese in this episode. Worse than Japanese speaking Engrish. ^^ But at least they tried, unlike most other shows, so thumbs up.

Oh yeah, more Canaan x Maria yuriness ftw! :D I'm sure Hakko's real reason for hating Canaan is because she wants Maria too. x3 Yuri love triangle, hell yeah! Want some! :D

Funny how they make fun of Americans in this show. The criticism on neoconservatism, and the US government using terrorism as an excuse to jump on developing countries for profit, would've made more sense under the Bush administration (that's actually caricatured in this show), but right now it just seems like they are saying things everyone already knows. (Except maybe for those that really believe Irak got "liberated" :p) But it's better to remind than let forget I guess, although I still find geopolitics in animes to be as serious as conspiracy theories. :D

Belum_Nabum said:
Well I heard it is something like the Moggi desert but I am not sure. I do think there might be one. There is one in the USA so China might have one.

Yes there are deserts in western/northwestern China. But I think they mentioned that the incident took place in the middle east, I'm not sure in which episode. Maybe I'm imagining things, or maybe they messed up. ^^
AlexstratzAug 23, 2009 10:56 PM
Aug 23, 2009 11:05 PM
Dec 2008
Episode was ok for me.

Not into yuri, not against it but not just into it you know.

kie_ said:
I was confused when that kid died at first, then I realized that he died because of Hakkoh voice. Anyway nice episode.

me too, I thought she hasn't been infected by the virus yet.

lol, those 2 guys and the taxi driver should have a singing contes,t and the taxi driver would out sing the two, even though if they teamed up against him, that's how awesome the taxi driver is XD
Aug 23, 2009 11:47 PM

Dec 2007
Alexstratz said:
Belum_Nabum said:

Yes there are deserts in western/northwestern China. But I think they mentioned that the incident took place in the middle east, I'm not sure in which episode. Maybe I'm imagining things, or maybe they messed up. ^^

I believe they mentioned several eps ago that the villiage was in Kashmir. That's a disputed, mountain/desert region on the India-Pakistan border.
Aug 23, 2009 11:54 PM

Feb 2009
ErwinJA said:
Alexstratz said:
Belum_Nabum said:

I believe they mentioned several eps ago that the villiage was in Kashmir. That's a disputed, mountain/desert region on the India-Pakistan border.

Okay my bad. I must've thought it was in the middle east since Canaan and Alphard are from there I think, and Canaan is probably part of that experiment gone wrong. Still, it's a long drive to Kashmir from Shang Hai. xD
AlexstratzAug 23, 2009 11:58 PM
Aug 24, 2009 1:24 AM

Feb 2009
tehnominator said:
Belum_Nabum said:

NoyaChan said:

Fail.

*Applauds you* Well done, nice destruction there, if I say so myself. Can I officially love you?

I especially loved how Belum_Nabum didn't get the insult and proceeded to answer your question without understanding the differences between a "desert" and a "dessert."
Aug 24, 2009 3:28 AM

Sep 2008

kyaaaaaaaaaaaa!! <fangirlscream>

this is really cute

also no that psycho weirdo this episode, i wonder where did she go off
and YunYun is back, how come they met in the middle of the desert?

cant wait for next ep :D
Aug 24, 2009 3:42 AM

Aug 2009
Vicky-sama said:
tehnominator said:
Belum_Nabum said:

NoyaChan said:

Fail.

*Applauds you* Well done, nice destruction there, if I say so myself. Can I officially love you?

I especially loved how Belum_Nabum didn't get the insult and proceeded to answer your question without understanding the differences between a "desert" and a "dessert."

Oh give me a break, I am not using any grammar spelling error system. Come on, now but seriously I really missed that. Guess I have too much on my mind.

Neilikki said:

this is really cute

Once again great scene, full of affection. Like I said earlier one of the good scenes in this episode.

Aug 24, 2009 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
For me, it felt like this episode didn't really do anything except for move the characters, and give us the snippet that the town was an experiment site. Everything else (Hakko's voice, Maria/Canaan, and blah blah Alphard is a nihilist) seemed like a rehash. No developments in character relationships or plot. Very stagnant.
Aug 24, 2009 8:14 AM

Dec 2008
poor Hakko, she hurts other people when she speaks, that must be very bad fate. ; (

I liked this episode, I don't know the reason, but I liked it ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 8:26 AM
Feb 2009
canaan without action is just weird... -.-" (wasnt bad, simply weird)
i didnt dislike the yuri part, but lately, there r too much anime with yuri things so i kinda get bored...

Shancakeschan said:
It must be tough tonot speak.
try writing on paper like Kuchinashi from needless and megumi from special A
(just joking... so dont kill me... XD)
flame_tiongAug 24, 2009 9:19 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 24, 2009 9:59 AM

Jul 2009
Vicky-sama said:
tehnominator said:
Belum_Nabum said:

NoyaChan said:

Fail.

PFFF, that's why AMATEURS ARE ALWAYS AMATEURS, Belum_Nabum just played along with his joke and end up dragging Sir Alexstratz and Sir ErwinJA along with him, that's how a PRO does things.

Neilikki said:

this is really cute

KYAAAAA <fangirl orgasm, fangirl punch, fangirl beam, fangirl kick, fangirl SHAT> !!! EVERYBODY LOVES MOE SH... SHTUFFS, don't they?

This is so... CUTE that I end up shooting ducks during the whole dang 20 mins, KY-SAM-AAAAAAAA !!!

That "psyco weirdo" will ride me next ep and I will ride that PITA MOE girl and she, in turn, will ride that color blind girl & we will have a ride party, so, like some blond brat always screamed his butts off: "You gotta BELIEVE IT !!!"

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 24, 2009 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
BitchMaster said:
Neilikki said:

this is really cute

KYAAAAA <fangirl orgasm, fangirl punch, fangirl beam, fangirl kick, fangirl SHAT> !!! EVERYBODY LOVES MOE SH... SHTUFFS, don't they?

This is so... CUTE that I end up shooting ducks during the whole dang 20 mins, KY-SAM-AAAAAAAA !!!

That "psyco weirdo" will ride me next ep and I will ride that PITA MOE girl and she, in turn, will ride that color blind girl & we will have a ride party, so, like some blond brat always screamed his butts off: "You gotta BELIEVE IT !!!"

Im with you on that one man. Seriously, this episode was bad. Next one seems that it will be back on its original-as-God-intended track. I hope that i wont see this MOE "SHTUFFS" in this brilliant series again!
Aug 24, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm... so now we get to hear about NGO. Well then, next up: What're they up to? Oh well they seem to be on the good side, kay?
And man did Mino and ... uuh w/e the guy was called.. have to sing?! Sounded awful : D...

Also, about the ending in the last episode, and the beginning of this one, I wonder what Canaan'll do about her colors o.o

Another thing
x0utmyheart said:
CANAAN and Maria look like they have a thing for each other? Or maybe I'm wrong? W/e I kind of want to think of them as a yuri pairing for some reason.

Well it sure looks/sounds that way, although I'm not sure if I'm for or against it yet. We'll see about that later I guess.

Huh O.O (Yeah I'm watching it right now... It was just about to end : D)
Anyway, guess suddenly more complicated things started to happen all of a sudden?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 24, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
even if it was exposition, it was good, I liked it, they had labu moments and blew heads with voice, taxi driver guy-awesome- was there, yun yun-the stupid- came back, american president deleted phone calls, what's there not to like?
Aug 24, 2009 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
alcurad said:
american president deleted phone calls,

vicepresident mind you
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this clip from?

Kitsune_089 - May 4

4 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 4, 8:03 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.